Donald Driver says he's sitting out this week

Packers wide receiver Donald Driver says he’s going to miss his third game since 2001 this week against the Cowboys.

Driver told Bill Michaels of 620 AM in Milwaukee the news on Tuesday, which doesn’t come as a huge surprise.  Driver couldn’t finish Sunday’s game against the Jets and hasn’t looked healthy for weeks.

The Packers have a Week Ten bye after the Cowboys game.  (Cue the Week Nine bye jokes.) Despite all their injuries, Green Bay is in a terrific position to get to the bye at 6-3, then watch the Bears and Vikings further implode.

As the Green Bay Press Gazette points out, the team is actually in better position than they were a year ago at this time.  They need to tighten up the offense, but there are enough easy games left on the schedule that it would be a major disappointment at this stage if the Packers didn’t win the NFC North.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Home, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
14 Responses to “Donald Driver says he's sitting out this week”
  1. jamesz23 says: Nov 2, 2010 6:43 PM

If the packers win the north, Brett favre will fall on the ground crying stomping his hands & feet, a temper tantrum for #4. somewhere FOF is crying himself to sleep each night over this seasons developments.

2. Arctic Edge says: Nov 2, 2010 6:54 PM

Well, at least Packers fans have their excuse already after they lose this week, LOL!

3. whatthehellisgoingonoutthere says: Nov 2, 2010 7:05 PM

# Arctic Edge says: November 2, 2010 6:54 PM
    ———–
    No. Unlike the Vikings, we actually depth on our roster so we don’t have to run out and make desperate trades for turds…only to cut them 4 weeks later.

4. ryanmace says: Nov 2, 2010 7:15 PM

As a Cowboys fan, I say don’t worry Green Bay supporters, you’re almost guaranteed the win. This team is god awful. Rodgers is going to have a field day.

5. mike says: Nov 2, 2010 7:17 PM

Artic, We leave the excuses for the east dakota vikings.

6. ClaysWife says: Nov 2, 2010 7:49 PM

ryanmace….i am a GB fan in texas and although i have a seasoned dislike for the cowboys, i feel for you.

7. 1mge says: Nov 2, 2010 8:22 PM

My sources tell me the Vikings suck!

8. JRG3 says: Nov 2, 2010 9:19 PM

good move on Drivers part. He needs rest and we SHOULD be able to get the win w/o him this wk. rest up double D and get ready for MN

9. MNSUX says: Nov 2, 2010 9:39 PM

The Pack better show up and not overlook Dallas!

10. I'm me? says: Nov 2, 2010 9:46 PM

This is the NFL…the Packers should win, so most likely Dallas will kill them. I hope not but nothing surprises me anymore.

11. drewboyy says: Nov 2, 2010 10:34 PM

“My sources tell me the Vikings suck!”
    my sources tell me…the bears swallow!

12. I_H8_Waffles says: Nov 3, 2010 10:36 AM

The Pack should slaughter the Cowboys, which means it will be a close game, go into overtime, BUT I think the Pack will win by 3.
    And Driver is the man. Good to see he doesn’t have his head up his rear, like some players, and is taking the time he needs to get healthy.

13. Beer Cheese Soup says: Nov 3, 2010 12:01 PM

I_H8_Waffles says:
    ____________
    Could not agree more.
    Just like the embarrassing Tampa loss last year, this Cowboys game could go either way. I’ll take the edge, but only because it’s at Lambeau.
    Regardless of what happens though, we need Driver healthy. We’ve already lost half the offense for the season, we can’t afford to lose him too. If he needs to miss a game to recover, I’d rather it be this one than anything else on our upcoming schedule.

14. Rodgersallday says: Nov 3, 2010 11:03 PM

Either way watching Jerry jones host a super bowl I’n his palace knowing that his team is terrible is already a win. At least our oline doesn’t look like Swiss cheese.