White, Umenyiora, Logan named NFC players of the month

Falcons receiver Roddy White, Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora and Lions return man Stefan Logan have been named the NFC players of the month for October, the league announced today.

White wins the offensive player of the month award after he caught 29 passes for 489 yards and three touchdowns in October. White’s average of 122.3 yards a game was the best in the league in October, and he currently leads the league with 54 catches. This is White’s first player of the month award.

Umenyiora wins the defensive player of the month award after he had seven sacks and six forced fumbles while the Giants went 4-0 in the month. He had multiple-sack games in wins over the Bears, Texans and Lions. This is Umenyiora’s first player of the month award, and he’s the first Giant to be named defensive player of the month since Michael Strahan in October of 2001.

Logan wins the special teams player of the month award after leading the NFL with a 35.9-yard kickoff-return average and coming in third in the league with an 18.4-yard punt return average. Logan also plays on the Lions’ kick coverage units, where he recovered two fumbles.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Atlanta Falcons, Detroit Lions, Home, New York Giants, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
8 Responses to “White, Umenyiora, Logan named NFC players of the month”
  1. favreslegacy says: Nov 4, 2010 12:37 PM

Good Job Steff. Steff was the best player at our school, The University Of South Dakota, he was a nice guy and I always knew he could return kicks in the nfl. You guys should have seen him at rb. He would make amazing plays and average 250 yards and 4 tds a game. He was sensational.

2. bear0402 says: Nov 4, 2010 1:16 PM

He was a very good kid. Great athlete, when he was academically eligible. Ran track against him while I was at St. Cloud State. Glad to see things are working out for him in the NFL.

3. Chicago Giants Fan says: Nov 4, 2010 1:48 PM

Congrats to Osi. After the disappointment of last year (from a team AND personal standpoint), I am sure that he looks at this as (hopefully) the first in many accolades for himself and his team this year.

4. bspurloc says: Nov 4, 2010 1:51 PM

too bad OSI didn’t get any sacks last game!

5. odds75to1 says: Nov 4, 2010 1:54 PM

Hmmm, what’s with all the Lions players being named to these players of the month/week categories?
    Lowly Lions if I recall is what PFT refers to them as, and the rest of you who don’t actually watch Lions games still think they are the 0-16 squad. I can only hope your teams still think that way too starting this weekend with the Jets.

6. Jack Burton says: Nov 4, 2010 2:45 PM

Nice to see Logan thriving when given the chance, he would have never seen the field this year in Pitt.

7. OC Dave says: Nov 4, 2010 6:49 PM

@ odds75to1
    I’m with you and your chain of thought. I don’t think the Lions will win against the Jets on sunday but I’m sure they’ll keep it close. ( I hope I’m wrong since I’m a Lions fan since ’66 and come out with a victory ). One things for sure, they’re alot more fun to watch this year. CONGRATS STEFAN!

8. dewalt2990 says: Nov 4, 2010 9:00 PM

Jets don’t have a chance.