Last call for the 2009 AFC North champs

You may think the Bengals are already done this year.  Looking at their schedule, and inconsistent play, I wouldn’t blame you.

The reality is that Cincinnati is only seven games into the season and they still have three games left against the Ravens and Steelers.  (And they already beat Baltimore.)

Crazier things have happened than a Bengals run back to relevance. Like the Bengals going undefeated in the division last year.

Still, there’s no denying the Bengals have to win at home on Monday night against Pittsburgh for any real chance. For more on that game, we kick it to our PFT Daily crew.  (Florio.)

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Home, Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
7 Responses to “Last call for the 2009 AFC North champs”
  1. Citizen Strange says: Nov 8, 2010 11:49 AM

This game could very easily turn out like the Saints game for the Steelers.
    A good QB with good receivers putting up 20 points (or over) on the Steeler defense with Roethlisberger not being able to keep up and dragging his usual 13 points or less into the 4th quarter.
    I hope not though.
    GO STEELERS!

2. Barius Maximus says: Nov 8, 2010 12:21 PM

Would love to see the Bengals win the AFC North just in case the Colts survive all these injuries and make the playoffs, but it ain’t happening. The Steelers blow out the Bengals tonight and the orange and black go to the celler for the season.

3. Purple Blitz says: Nov 8, 2010 12:30 PM

Did you lite off fire works in the room before doing the PFT Daily?
    Prediction: Bengals win. Home team dogs on MNF theory works again.

4. ZenGreaser says: Nov 8, 2010 12:55 PM

“Crazier things have happened then a Bengals run back to relevance.”
    Gregg, does anything about that sentence strike you as a bit odd?
    Did you ever make it past the 4th grade?
    I only wonder because for a guy who gets paid to WRITE for a living, I find it troubling that you still haven’t mastered the difference between THEN and THAN. Seriously, you’re a disgrace to your profession.
    I shouldn’t be too shocked, however. You are, after all, the resident PFT writer who looks like he has yet to hit puberty.

5. BengalsDouche2 says: Nov 8, 2010 12:59 PM

6. jwill007 says: Nov 8, 2010 2:54 PM

“I’m die hard Bengals and even I’m not predicting a win. The guys are almost as bad as Dallas with no drive to win. They have lost all emotion. Carson has been physically and mentally disconnected all year. I’ve seen very few bursts of fire coming from him. Marvin has disconnected. He knows he’s gone after this year. No way we come out and surprise the Steelers. 28-10 Stillers. God that hurt to say. ”
    100% totally agree!

7. Danwhitmer says: Nov 8, 2010 3:50 PM

I would love to see the Bengals win this game. It would give the Ravens a cusion going into a tough game on the road against a good Falcons team. The Steelers Defense has been keeping them in alot of games this year, even since Ben has come back, And well being a Baltimore fan we all know a defense can carry you through a season. But Cincy has some really good corners and a very good secondary all together. I think if they protect the ball on Offense and can pick Ben 2 times they have a good chance at the up-set!
    But in the end I think the Steelers win it 23 – 9