Kraft addresses Mankins situation

With Pro Bowl guard Logan Mankins back in the fold after an offseason contract dispute that at times turned nasty (reportedly), owner Robert Kraft addressed the situation at a ceremony during which $10,000 in NFL Play 60 money was given to a local school.

“I’m happy he’s with the team,” Kraft said of Mankins, per Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald.  “You can’t always believe everything you read in the media, in case you haven’t learned that.  We’re really happy.  Now, we gotta just win football games.  It’s about winning.”

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
15 Responses to “Kraft addresses Mankins situation”
  1. Heinekenfun says: Nov 9, 2010 12:24 PM

It’s absolutely true that the relationship has improved between player and owner. As a matter of fact, TMZ reported that Robert Kraft and Logan Mankins were making out in a nightclub after the game.., so I believe him when he says “we’re really happy”.

2. JimmyLions says: Nov 9, 2010 12:24 PM

Wow — the NFL donated all of $10K to a school? Gee … I hope that amazing generosity doesn’t make the league go broke.
    I get that there are lots of schools and lots of donations, but when you add all of that up will it even come close to matching the salary of this year’s #1 overall draft pick? $10K is pocket change for the league, and they should be doing more.
    “after the team asked Mankins to publicly apologize to Mankins,” the NFL should donate money to get Florio a proofreader.

3. ryanuop says: Nov 9, 2010 12:29 PM

“In September, Kraft took issue with a report that Mankins declined to do a long-term deal after the team asked Mankins to publicly apologize to Mankins, calling it a “bold-faced fib.”
    That sentence hurts my head.

4. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater says: Nov 9, 2010 1:03 PM

Who says fib? Really Bob? Really? You sound like a wicked big fag, you bettah be caffle talking like that, people will think you’re a Queeah.

5. BurkieInBoston says: Nov 9, 2010 1:26 PM

I really want to see Mankins apologize to Mankins.

6. petro says: Nov 9, 2010 1:56 PM

Why would Mankins apologize to Mankins? Geez, show SOME pride in your writing, will you?

7. 8man says: Nov 9, 2010 2:11 PM

Yes, his presence was critical in the Patriots effort against the Browns on Sunday.
    Just sayin……

8. REDSKINSFAN1963 says: Nov 9, 2010 2:12 PM

he’s gone after this season if there is a season in 2011!

9. bonecity7 says: Nov 9, 2010 2:41 PM

JimmyLions says:
    November 9, 2010 12:24 PM
    ————————————————–
    Jimmy Lions,
    You can’t really be that stupid, can you? You’re in such a hurry to be critical that you don’t even give a moment’s pause before typing something idiotic. The NFL donates to many charities, as does the Patriots/Kraft family. In the millions.
    Douche bag!!!

10. EVH12345 says: Nov 9, 2010 2:51 PM

the team asked Mankins to publicly apologize to Mankins

11. clintdogg says: Nov 9, 2010 2:52 PM

If someone told me that I had to apologize to myself, I’d give up too. No one’s gonna push ME around like that.
    It’s called RESPECT!

12. bugsy0118 says: Nov 9, 2010 3:02 PM

Hmmm,,,,how about he just signs for the long term…..till then blah blah,,,,,, 8 games and done?

13. dalfan4ever says: Nov 9, 2010 3:15 PM

OW, my eyes!!! The English major in me hurts!!!
    Now back to football. The Dallas Cowboys will be glad to take him in Free Agency…Lord knows we need the help!

14. Mike Rendahl says: Nov 9, 2010 10:00 PM

I agree, it’s hard to accept an apology from myself

15. Backinthesaddle says: Nov 9, 2010 10:38 PM

Mankins lost a boatload of money in this little war of the wills. It was never much of a war because the Pats held all the cards and have no intention of allowing the inmates to run the asylum. Logan just learned a very hard business lesson. The Pats brain trust knows the business better than him and his incompetent agent. He should fire his agent for not preventing this from happening.