Rex Ryan in a wig is just as ridiculous as you’d hope

MDS mentioned that Rex Ryan dressed up as his brother Rob on Wednesday, but words don’t really do it justice.

Twenty years from now, Jets fans are going to look back so fondly on these days.

“Wait, he did what?” some kid will ask his dad.

“Rex dressed in a wig and stuffed a pillow in his stomach to imitate his brother Rob.  And then he said Rob badly needed lap band surgery of his own.  It was awesome.”

Permalink 22 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Home, New York Jets, Rumor Mill
22 Responses to “Rex Ryan in a wig is just as ridiculous as you’d hope”
  1. Meldog says: Nov 10, 2010 7:44 PM

eh, that’s pretty funny. I disagree with the Sanchez comment.

2. wtf__seriously says: Nov 10, 2010 7:46 PM

What’s the matter, Gregg? Didn’t like all the positive comments…posters saying the conference was funny when you last posted it—about 3 hours ago??
    Funny stuff!

3. footballhistorian says: Nov 10, 2010 7:50 PM

Friggin’ hilarious

4. Deb says: Nov 10, 2010 7:53 PM

Some people hate Rex Ryan, but I think he’s hysterical and fun for the sport. He’s certainly done a great job with the Jets. Hope he sticks around a while. Twins can be very different in personality, though. Is Rob a hoot like that or is he low-key? If he’s anything like Rex, Ziggy or Jerry, should hire Rob!
    (But, Rex, I’d bet that bounty story about your pop was true lol)

5. winslow says: Nov 10, 2010 8:21 PM

He would be the second best-looking woman on The View.

6. bwisnasky says: Nov 10, 2010 8:22 PM

Rob needs to get a skull cap and make his hair look short and come out in lime green tomorrow for a presser…

7. jebdamone says: Nov 10, 2010 8:31 PM

say what you will about the jets (i hate them) but this is truly hilarious! i absolutely appreciate the ryan’s family entirely, the love they obviously have for football and the vigor for which they approach it. there is a guy that has both the respect and the back of his players and they obviously feel the same for him. in MN we have a moron.

8. Raider51 says: Nov 10, 2010 8:42 PM

@ winslow
    i very seldom laugh out loud by myself but that was awesome hahahahaha

9. D wins games says: Nov 10, 2010 8:46 PM

Not a big fan of the big man with the big mouth, but gotta say that he is entertaining. HCs usually take themselves way too seriously, but Rex, clearly not so much.

10. LuvThatDirtyWatah says: Nov 10, 2010 9:04 PM

The more I see/hear this guy the harder it is to dislike him.

11. elmoron says: Nov 10, 2010 9:12 PM

Gaaaad, I love the guy.

12. naz says: Nov 10, 2010 9:25 PM

see how funny it is in 5 yrs when your 6-10 an there trying to run ya outta town cuz remember fatso your no bill b.

13. Patriots51 says: Nov 10, 2010 9:44 PM

times like this i really wish belichick had a personality… I actually like Rex Ryan.. still hate the jets.. but like Ryan

14. XLI says: Nov 10, 2010 10:07 PM

Ha, see it’s funny cause he’s Fat!
    Oh that G*d D@#% Rex Ryan and his jolly F#@&!*$ antics.
    You squeak out 2 games against far-inferior teams and then get shutout at home and suddenly it’s Comedy Hour during the Presser. Tip your waitress folks, try the veal.
    I’d imagine 90% of America is pulling for the Browns in this one.

15. DenverFinFAn says: Nov 10, 2010 10:23 PM

All I can say is WOW!!! As a Dolphin fan I can’t stand the new jersey jets, but this? This made my night. Way to go for a division rival to lighten up a frustrating season. The funny thing is, I’m pretty sure Channing Crowder tweeted “I actually think Rex looked cute, not only that I heard he swallows (hamburgers) and doesn’t spit (saliva)”

16. elmoron says: Nov 10, 2010 10:25 PM

# XLI says: November 10, 2010 10:07 PM
    Ha, see it’s funny cause he’s Fat!
    Oh that G*d D@#% Rex Ryan and his jolly F#@&!*$ antics.
    I’d imagine 90% of America is pulling for the Browns in this one.
    —————————————————
    Just a wild guess, but are you fairly, um, heavy?

17. kevinfromphilly says: Nov 11, 2010 4:04 AM

And people wonder why we loved his Dad, even though he never won a playoff game.

18. heywoodjablome says: Nov 11, 2010 7:59 AM

Hilarious. Good for Rex. Great to see the fun side of head coaches. This needs to happen more often.

19. jackburtonsspawn says: Nov 11, 2010 8:32 AM

Division rival or not I hope the Browns put the screws to the Jets the way they did the Pats.

20. 81daytona says: Nov 11, 2010 9:35 AM

Huh…he had a pillow under there…does he do that on gameday too?

21. emersonboozer says: Nov 11, 2010 1:21 PM

81daytona says:
    Nov 11, 2010 9:35 AM
    Huh…he had a pillow under there…does he do that on gameday too?

No, on gameday he usually stuffs it in all the nay sayers mouths

22. rajbais says: Nov 11, 2010 4:21 PM

Wanna polished looking jackasses????

Go watch political shows, moron!!!!!!!!