Skip to content

Kenny Britt’s case sent to District Attorney

NFL_britt

Last month, Titans receiver Kenny Britt allegedly punch a guy in the face during an altercation at a Nashville bar.  (Britt denies it.)

Today, Nashville police referred the case to the District Attorney, according to Terry McCormick of TitanInsider.com.

“Interviews and in some situations re-interviews, were conducted with more than a dozen persons during the course of the investigation,’’ Metro police spokesman Don Aaron said, according to Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean.  “The investigative file has been submitted to the district attorney’s office and is now under review.  No charges have been placed against anyone at this point.’’

Though the prosecutor has broad discretion to determine whether to pursue charges, many prosecutors will refrain from doing so unless sufficient evidence exists to justify a conviction based on the very high standard of proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Britt, benched for the first quarter of the first game after the incident, had a career day.  He has since suffered a hamstring injury that will keep him out indefinitely.

Permalink 4 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Tennessee Titans, Top Stories
4 Responses to “Kenny Britt’s case sent to District Attorney”
  1. packerrube13 says: Nov 11, 2010 5:42 PM

    Vince Young didn’t get into trouble, nor will he. He has nothing to be worried about.

  2. benh999 says: Nov 11, 2010 5:55 PM

    Isn’t this whole thing a bit excessive for a punch thrown in a nightclub?

  3. kcchiefsnroyals says: Nov 11, 2010 7:28 PM

    Innocent until proven guilty doesn’t apply in this
    country anymore. You get suspended from work
    before all the facts are in than your lucky to keep
    your job and maybe you get an I’m sorry note.

  4. jackburtonsspawn says: Nov 12, 2010 8:35 AM

    This guy makes VY look like a Harvard grad.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!