It’s Friday, which means a handful of NFL players lost some money and a few NFL-approved charities gained money. A few highlights:
1. Ravens defensive tackle Haloti Ngata was fined $10,000 for a late hit on Chad Henne in last Sunday’s game. Not a great week for Ngata, who didn’t have one of his best games against the Falcons. (Yes, they were stout against the run. But he wasn’t a factor on those 50 drop-backs.)
2. Giants safety Kenny Phillips was fined $5,000 for a facemask penalty he committed on Marshawn Lynch.
3. Jets linebacker Bart Scott was actually fined $20,000 for violating the league’s uniform policy. It was previously reported as 10K.
4. Lions linebacker Julian Peterson was fined $7,500 for one of the dumbest late hits we’ve ever seen, according to Jason La Canfora of NFL Network. It greatly helped the Jets set up their game-tying field goal.
5. J La also reports that Jon Beason was fined $10,000 for unnecessary roughness. The fine may have been higher because he was fined for a vicious hit last year.