Adrian Peterson gets another speeding ticket

nfl_peterson2

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, one of the fastest running backs in the NFL, also is one of the fastest off the field.

Peterson has gotten his second speeding ticket in a year, according to Bob Sansavere of the St. Paul Pioneer Press.  Last time, Peterson was clocked at 109 miles per hour in 55-mph zone.  He later pleaded guilty to 99 miles per hour, since he would have lost his license if found to have been driving at 100 miles per hour or faster.

This time around, Peterson was allegedly going 53 miles per hour in a 35-mph zone.

Given that the Vikings are about half the team they were a year ago, the difference is curiously appropriate.

Permalink 19 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
19 Responses to “Adrian Peterson gets another speeding ticket”
  1. mataug says: Nov 16, 2010 12:37 PM

he has improved it this season or the joke would have been “did he fumble it”

2. 4sacroc says: Nov 16, 2010 12:42 PM

Oy Vey!

3. kirkandhanh says: Nov 16, 2010 12:44 PM

Too bad he can’t play like he drives.

4. shaggytoodle says: Nov 16, 2010 12:47 PM

Did he tell Chilly he was going to give him a five minute head start?

I understand its only speeding, but he needs to pay attention, otherwords he is going to do some serious damage to someone else or himself.

Then the Vikings would loook REALLY silly.

5. raynitschke says: Nov 16, 2010 12:50 PM

He was distracted because Brett Favre had just sent him a text! A whole new meaning to the phrase junk mail!

6. headbanger51 says: Nov 16, 2010 12:52 PM

Hey Florio, you forgot to remark in your article about how the Steelers play dirty because they hit hard.

7. finfanjim says: Nov 16, 2010 12:58 PM

53 in a 35? I know if this comes up in the news, you should report it. But I find this slightly above throwing a cigarette out the window and slightly below urinating off the side of the highway…

8. philtration says: Nov 16, 2010 1:02 PM

That’s strange.
    He looked kind of slow against the Bears on Sunday.

9. everybodygotaids says: Nov 16, 2010 1:05 PM

53 in a 35? That’s not speeding. That’s keeping up with traffic.

10. kellyb9 says: Nov 16, 2010 1:13 PM

109 miles per hour! Should’ve lost his license last time.

11. heyguru1969 says: Nov 16, 2010 1:35 PM

Spent 1/4 of my draft salary cap on him, and he’s rewarded me with about 1/4 the number of fantasy points that were expected. However, he just saved me a bundle on car insurance by switching me to Geico, so I can’t be hatin’ too much….

12. stellarperformance says: Nov 16, 2010 1:56 PM

He was delivering Favre back to the airport.

13. hoobsher says: Nov 16, 2010 2:07 PM

everyone speeds, its no secret…its just the cops way of feeling superior even though having gone through only 3-4 years of high school and 0-1 years of college

14. jackhall00 says: Nov 16, 2010 2:08 PM

He also got a littering ticket after he dropped the ticket on the ground after the officer handed it to him. Zing!

15. frank booth says: Nov 16, 2010 2:31 PM

That’s twice he was stopped this week: Sunday at Soldier Field, and Monday in Minnesota. At least he got 2 more MPH than he did rushing yards.

16. canadianvikingfaniii says: Nov 16, 2010 3:11 PM

Stop deleting my posts, even the ones that are: I hate Brad Childress are deleted..

17. hineswardcriesafterfumbling says: Nov 16, 2010 4:02 PM

Hey canadianvikingfaniii, I hear you. I posted the word “Dyslexia” with a question mark, due to Peterson going 53 in a 35 (5-3 vs. 3-5) and it was deleted. Meanwhile someone over in the Steelers/Patriots thread they’re talking about Troy P’s vagina. Cool PFT.

18. thuneyrawk says: Nov 16, 2010 4:54 PM

Soooooo retarded that this is posted as a story……I’d say roughly 85% of the people around the Twin Cities drive 50 in a 35!

19. brewdogg says: Nov 16, 2010 11:23 PM

What kind of car does he drive again? If it’s a POS, you can do 55 in a 35 and the cops will pass you on the way to the diner, but a nice ride will get the lights every time.