Mike Vick wins second straight NFC offensive player of the week award

To absolutely no surprise, Eagles quarterback Mike Vick has been named the NFC’s offensive player of the week, a day after Monday night’s six-touchdown performance against the Redskins.

He’s the first quarterback to win the award in consecutive weeks since Randall Cunningham in 1998, during the Vikings’ 15-1 season.

Vick also was the NFC’s offensive player of the month for September.

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories, Washington Redskins
15 Responses to “Mike Vick wins second straight NFC offensive player of the week award”
  1. touchdownroddywhite says: Nov 16, 2010 5:11 PM

I’m glad to see him doing so well, but I sure wish he would’ve played like this in Atlanta. They’d have been in the Super Bowl instead of the Eagles, and I doubt his conditioning would have resulted in a “sluggish” 2 minute drive to end the game.

2. kigeramsey says: Nov 16, 2010 5:19 PM

Did you write this piece after the game last night

3. parasonic says: Nov 16, 2010 5:20 PM

a team loaded with playmakers played a defense that gives up a ton of yards. as a skins fan I wasn’t shocked at all. I’m a homer but I’m still realistic. Thus Vick started on FFB team…

This award is totally deserved. He’s been awesome to watch.

4. norcaleagles says: Nov 16, 2010 5:34 PM

Great game for Vick!! However, I think Andy Reid put it best when he said “this win was good, but you cant add on these points to next weeks game.” Its a whole new game next week vs the giants. This game just helps me feel a little more confident though.

5. bodybaggame says: Nov 16, 2010 5:37 PM

Thanks La’Ron

6. theleocat4 says: Nov 16, 2010 5:40 PM

Mike Vick! MVP

7. cornerdenizen0 says: Nov 16, 2010 5:47 PM

That was a great game. Seriously. Even people who are committed to hating this guy ( and there are many, Im sure!) have to admit that.

I mean, the guy did everything well. And for the second week in a row. Yeah, I know it wasn’t Brady or Manning who did it so it will be dismissed. I’m not a fantasy football guy so all that ‘passing efficiency’ and ‘quarterback rating’ crap can’t measure a quarterback who can take off and make plays all by himself.

For those of us who like real football—where great athletes do athletic things, that was phenomenal.

8. dynastyff says: Nov 16, 2010 5:55 PM

Down 34 with MIKE and Maclin vs Desean and Eagles D.

I win 123 to 118.

Welcome back Mike. Your reinventing Fantasy Football.

9. sdw2001 says: Nov 16, 2010 6:21 PM

parasonic says:
    Nov 16, 2010 5:20 PM

This award is totally deserved. He’s been awesome to watch.

——Dude, you weren’t shocked? Are you kidding me, sir? The Redskins beat the Eagles a few short weeks ago. The Eagles then go down the interstate and destroy them in record setting fashion. I’ve been watching a football a long time, and I will tell you this: I’ve never seen anything like Vick and the way this offense is playing right now. It’s ridiculous. I was more than shocked at last night. They didn’t just win…they positively dismantled and humiliated the Skins and McNabb….both of who deserved it.

10. themage78 says: Nov 16, 2010 6:24 PM

Anyone else notice Reid’s smack talk of McNabb and Kolb afterwards? Something about this has been the best the offense has been run recently?
    I understand he’s good, but his running has really helped what has been a bad Oline.

11. sdw2001 says: Nov 16, 2010 6:30 PM

hemage78 says:
    Nov 16, 2010 6:24 PM

—Didn’t see it, but he’s right. Also, I think the O line has VASTLY improved in the last two games.

12. norcaleagles says: Nov 16, 2010 6:38 PM

Definitely! The O-Line has looked a lot better over the last couple of weeks. Even the TEs are blocking well. Celek did a good job last week and Clay Harbor had a fine 1 on 1 block on Orakpo on the opening play.

13. eaglesnoles05 says: Nov 16, 2010 6:43 PM

Vick never would be playing like this without the eagles coaching staff, and Mike will be the first to tell yo that, unless you talked to me first. This is an example of the unltimate weapon, who used to be uncoachable, deciding to work hard, be coaschable, and get coached by maybe the best offensive mind in the game. Match made in heaven. See ya’ll in Dallas in february.

14. iteagle says: Nov 16, 2010 7:02 PM

I have seen Eagles games in the past where they score outta their minds and the next week don’t do diddly. I don’t want to see this happen come Sunday.

15. mrbigass says: Nov 16, 2010 8:15 PM

Vick’s creditors must be giddy with anticipation at the next contract he’ll sign.