On Vick’s stellar night, DeSean Jackson, Darnell Dockett let the dogs out

In the aftermath of the kind of performance for the ages that may have put to rest the lingering stink of Mike Vick’s dogfighting days, Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson made an unfortunate — and surely unintentional — reference to Vick’s six-year hobby, which put him in prison for nearly two.

“The pregame altercation got us going,” Jackson said, in reference to his spat with Redskins safety LaRon Landry, per the Associated Press.  “It had us ready. We came back into the locker room pumped.  We were like pit bulls, ready to get out of the cage.”

Far less unintentional was the in-game remark from Cardinals defensive tackle Darnell Dockett, via Twitter.  (Darnell has blocked us from following him.  Did he really think that would keep us from seeing what he posts?)

Vick doing so good, he got dogs cheering for him,” Dockett said, via Twitter.

At least DeSean can blame his remark on a recent concussion.

Permalink 28 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Atlanta Falcons, Home, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Washington Redskins
28 Responses to “On Vick’s stellar night, DeSean Jackson, Darnell Dockett let the dogs out”
  1. rickah8888 says: Nov 16, 2010 9:11 AM

Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone!

Nobody? That’s what I thought!

Guy did his time, and will have to live with it for the rest of his life! Let it go already!
    I hope he does it all:
    Gets the big contract
    Gets a Superbowl ring
    Gets the MVP award

2. Rex Grossman says: Nov 16, 2010 9:12 AM

Lol. I’m sure Mr. Vick appreciates that.

3. prior0knowledge says: Nov 16, 2010 9:19 AM

Aw common. Dockett’s comment is funny

4. raidersteve413 says: Nov 16, 2010 9:25 AM

thats funny that u are talking trash about people blocking u when PFT banns raider fans !
    Well we got something in common florio..
    YOU TRIED TO BAN ME 12 TIMES BUT IN YOUR OWN WORDS
    (fLORIO has blocked us from following him. Did he really think that would keep us from seeing what he posts?)

5. Rex Grossman says: Nov 16, 2010 9:26 AM

It’s so funny to see how quickly people forgive if you are able to play football well. I am guilty also. Part of me hates to see him being so successful. The other part of me sees one of my childhood hero’s finally reaching his potential. And it’s awesome. Maybe he just needed waking up. I only hope he’s improved as a person off the field as well. Tony Dungy can say he has, but you never really know. For his sake I hope he has. All that aside he is incredible to watch this year. Most exciting player in football right now along with Devin Hester. To say he should have had another chance to play in the NFL again was a legitimate case, but once he was allowed back in there’s nothing you can do but sit back and enjoy, from here on out nobody has the right to tell him what he deserves or what he can/can’t do.

6. nzyme says: Nov 16, 2010 9:28 AM

Something tells me mentioning dog or pit bulls isn’t quite right 🙂

7. TheDPR says: Nov 16, 2010 9:31 AM

“Guy did his time,”

Another person who doesn’t understand the concept of probation.

1. Vick is still serving his sentence.

As for the Jackson quote, it is worse than “unfortunate,” it is an indication that he knows more about dogfighting than the average American. If he screws up the Eagles by getting caught participating in dogfighting, fans aren’t going to be happy, and they’re going to blame Vick, right or wrong.

8. wawa33 says: Nov 16, 2010 9:34 AM

Father of the Year Andy Reid is the father of 2 Felons and Michael Vick systematically tortured and killed dogs for his own enjoyment. As I lifelong Eagles fan before August 13, 2009, I can honestly say that I am disgusted with the two faces of the Eagles. I cannot wait until they are both gone and so do alot of true Eagles fans.

9. everybodygotaids says: Nov 16, 2010 9:36 AM

____________

Oh yeah, I mean, he threw for a bunch of touchdowns last night. Ran for a couple too. Had a great game. Any time someone says “Isn’t Michael Vick that horrible excuse for a human being that tortured and murdered a bunch of animals, knowingly gave a bunch of women herpes, gave the finger to a bunch of his own fans, may or may not have been involved in the shooting of someone who testified against him, stole a watch from some guy at an airport, and ran an illegal interstate gambling ring?” you can come back with “You mean the horrible excuse for a human being that combined for SIX TOUCHDOWNS against the Redskins in the middle of the 2010 season??”

This has completely changed his legacy.

10. cmstrick says: Nov 16, 2010 9:41 AM

Jackson’s comment was just poorly thought-out. Docket’s was hysterical!

11. ineptguy6 says: Nov 16, 2010 9:42 AM

Why does his on the field accomplishments “put to rest” his past? Guy is a felon. He makes money and wins games, good for him. In the real world though, a felony stays with you for life. He can’t just say I was responsible for 6 TDs, forget my past.

12. pedsaregoodforsports says: Nov 16, 2010 9:43 AM

I was never a fan of Vick as a QB..until now. he has ALWAYS been an amazing ATHLETE. But now, he has become a top flight QB. I had said earlier that Kolb was the guy for the future, but I had NO idea how far Vick had come. I as an Eagles fan will eat my words and say: SIGN HIM. NOW. We have a legitimate shot at still comtending for a SB ring. Which we in Phlly so desperately want.

I also must eat my words when it comes to Andy Reid. He has done wonders with Vick and can call plays like no other. Now if he just stops witht he game managing issues and bonehead plays now and again, and they improve the defense, they have all the pieces to have a Patriot like run.

Im not TOTALLY sold on them yet though. If they can have this kind of performance against the Giants, we are on to something. Lots of season left, but as far as POTENTIAL, this team with all its young talent and what theyve shown so far, is SCARY good.

13. erictheclown says: Nov 16, 2010 9:46 AM

Stay classy Eagles

14. cleverbob says: Nov 16, 2010 9:46 AM

What kind of loser gets told to get lost 12 times but keeps trying to hang around?

15. semperfi24 says: Nov 16, 2010 9:55 AM

The Atlanta Falcons Mike Vick was an absolutely incredible athletic, and an absolutely terrible and pathetic passer. WTF has changed? Did Vick finally wake up and realize that he needed to listen to the coaches, rather than think he already knew all there was to know about being a pocket passer?

Regardless, Vick is finally the player that he could have been his whole career, too bad it took jail time for him to begin to listen to the people that he wouldnt listen to before prison

16. BernardPollardIsAnAss says: Nov 16, 2010 9:59 AM

Great game by Vick. He still makes me want to puke though. Playing good football does not make you a good person and it does nothing to make up for the horrendous deeds of his past. He has given nothing back at this point despite being given a chance to redeem himself. My dog was not cheering for him. She was barking like she wanted to bite.

17. cardiovascularendurance says: Nov 16, 2010 9:59 AM

Its best to just ignore everything that comes out of DeSean Jackson’s mouth.

18. chapnastier says: Nov 16, 2010 10:07 AM

I hate Vick as much as the next guy who actually has a moral compass but damn, dude is sick.

19. tatum064 says: Nov 16, 2010 10:13 AM

Who gives a f$%k? Dudes having a great game, and it was badly timed comments on a night of smack talking and record performances.

Release the hounds!!!!!!!

Dont let this thread go to the dogs.

20. tip1984 says: Nov 16, 2010 10:22 AM

keep hating, vick haters lmao

waste your energy hating and spouting about things from the past. I’m sure NONE of you have EVER done anything wrong right?

21. airraid77 says: Nov 16, 2010 10:37 AM

Since when is the media allowed to play god?
    the MEDIA for godsake!

22. pookphi says: Nov 16, 2010 11:15 AM

Vick’s accomplishments on the football field don’t wipe out his atrocious and criminal acts. One has nothing to do with the other. He played an incredible game, but he’s still a convicted felon.

23. dramaviking says: Nov 16, 2010 12:19 PM

oh give me a break…. dockett is a hater and jackson mis-spoke…

24. nygiantstones says: Nov 16, 2010 1:18 PM

Vick deserves every single dog joke he gets, without exception. It’s sickening that this guy is going to get his life back.

25. thewizardsrevenge says: Nov 16, 2010 1:42 PM

Does somebody really have to say “stay classy” on every thread?

Time to put that one to bed fellas………..

26. theblowedone says: Nov 16, 2010 1:53 PM

These people who are “disgusted” with Michael Vick’s past are just too funny. Do you people know how salty and jealous you look? Im sure your even more disgusted with guys who are responsible for the death of PEOPLE right? Or do the Ray Lewis’s and Dante Stallworth’s of the NFL world
    not count” bc they are not Eagles? LMAO. I knew it would be funny today reading the haters and the jealous losers post’s ,but I didn’t even think it would be this bad. Do you people honestly think that anyone will believe you when you claim you wouldn’t want Vick on your team? lol. This is great.

BTW…Stop claiming your Eagles fans and that you stopped being a fan when they signed Vick. Your not fooling anyone. And you were never a fan and every true fans knows this. But continue babbling for your own entertainment…I needed some laughs today and I certainly found that here..

27. thomas1168 says: Nov 16, 2010 2:26 PM

theblowedone I AGREE 100 percent

28. tatum064 says: Nov 17, 2010 12:32 AM

“Another person who doesn’t understand the concept of probation.

1. Vick is still serving his sentence.
    2. Vick did NO TIME for killing dogs. He was convicted of running a gambling ring.==============================

After watching Wikileaks “Collateral Murder” and THE DEATH OF 26 civilians via Apache copter fire…lets keep this in perspective, please.

Not only am I glad Michael Vick gets his life back, im glad he BEAT THE CRAP out of the Washington Redskins on National TV.

There are other acts which make Vick situation PALE in comparison. Go Michael Vick! Win a Super Bowl, please …. the irony is indeed fitting….