Patriots downgrade four to out

Buffalo Bills v New England Patriots Getty Images

A quartet of Patriots players will spend Thanksgiving at home in New England, watching their teammates on TV.

Guard Stephen Neal, cornerback Jonathan Wilhite,  and defensive linemen Mike Wright and Myron Pryor were all downgraded to out in anticipation of Thursday’s game.

Neal’s absence should make life easier for Ndamukong Suh and an underrated Lions defensive line.  Wright is New England’s leading sack artist this year, enjoying a career season.

Running back Fred Taylor and safety Jarrad Page weren’t downgraded, indicating they both could play for the first time in a long time.

UPDATE: The Patriots announced a fifth inactive.  Tackle Mark LeVoir is downgraded to out.

Permalink 9 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Home, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill
9 Responses to “Patriots downgrade four to out”
  1. tiffpats4eva says: Nov 24, 2010 8:12 PM

Cool. We have our coach and QB, so we are good.

2. pats1989 says: Nov 24, 2010 8:25 PM

QB is still questionable, but it would take more than an ankle injury to keep brady out. hes a warrior

3. simplesimon1 says: Nov 24, 2010 8:33 PM

Please be nice to my Lions!!!!

Just kidding. I don’t expect a win, obviously, but I hope the Lions put on a good showing on their one Nationally televised game of the year. I think a lot of people who haven’t seen the Lions play this year, and only know of their sad record yet again, will be pleasantly surprized how much better they’ve gotten, despite bad penalties, some missed opportunities and an almost guaranteed loss.

I’m a long time Lions fan and I like the way my team is growing. With the schedule they had this year I knew it would be a tough assignment, injuries or not. Looking up for next year though.

Anyways, good game Pats fans!!!

4. hobartbaker says: Nov 24, 2010 9:37 PM

Redskins kick the tired…

Fixed.

5. bradysbitch says: Nov 24, 2010 9:57 PM

simplesimon1 says:
    Nov 24, 2010 8:33 PM
    Please be nice to my Lions!!!!

Anyways, good game Pats fans!!!
    ============================

I think the Lions are better than their record and will give the Pats a decent game. The Lions play everyone tough. This is a big game for them. Their only national TV game, they will be pumped up. They play well on Thanksgiving. Megatron is going to be a huge challenge for our young secondary. I hope Brady’s protection continues to hold up as it has in the last two games. because Suh will be a challenge as well.

Should be a good game.

Go Pats!!!

6. 8man says: Nov 24, 2010 10:23 PM

I don’t know how Lions fans feel about it, but it’s really cool to be able to watch my team play on Thanksgiving. And the beauty of course is that the game is INSIDE.

So will the unis be standard? The Patriots in the road white and Lions in their home blue, or is something special planned?

And is it me, or is there something a little foreshadowing about the fact that the Jets and the Patriots both play tomorrow before their big divisional showdone on MNF next week?

7. hobartbaker says: Nov 24, 2010 11:45 PM

“Great apologies that all of our numbers could not be here to greet you, mighty warriors of the Potomac. Please accept our gift of a fine, plump, freshly slaughtered crow for your cooking pot.”.

8. der6495 says: Nov 25, 2010 3:02 AM

Neal has been out for a few weeks, and New England has been pretty good on offense against the Steelers & Colts in the pass protection & run blocking departments.

Connolly has done a night job at both LG while Mankins sat out and now RG while Neal is out with an injury.

9. grpatriot says: Nov 25, 2010 10:17 AM

I would love to see Fred get some carries in this game..I’d be thankful for that!