Titans’ Mike Heimerdinger very sick, undergoing chemotherapy

Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger has cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy, head coach Jeff Fisher said today.

Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports that Fisher learned of the news this morning.

Paul Kuharsky of ESPN reports that Heimerdinger is “very sick.”

The 58-year-old Heimerdinger was at the Titans’ facility this morning for team meetings.

Permalink 26 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Tennessee Titans, Top Stories
26 Responses to “Titans’ Mike Heimerdinger very sick, undergoing chemotherapy”
  1. coffinberry says: Nov 24, 2010 3:32 PM

Very sorry to hear this. All the best to Dinger and his family.

2. packattack1967 says: Nov 24, 2010 3:32 PM

Get well soon.

3. tdurk34 says: Nov 24, 2010 3:32 PM

With all the bickering online about fines, and hits etc this puts it all in perspective and level sets me for one. All the best wishes to coach Heimerdinger for strong fight and recovery!! God Bless you and give you the strength to fight!!!

4. knucklebucket says: Nov 24, 2010 3:38 PM

Get well soon!

5. Andre's Johnson says: Nov 24, 2010 3:42 PM

Well, damn. How’s that for perspective?

6. charly0418 says: Nov 24, 2010 3:48 PM

Houston

7. 82goboys says: Nov 24, 2010 3:54 PM

This is sad, best wishes to him and his family, hoping for a speedy recovery!

8. backindasaddle says: Nov 24, 2010 3:58 PM

WOW…sounds very sudden. Let’s hope he gets through it. Gods Speed Mr. Heimerdinger.

9. iamalwayscorrect says: Nov 24, 2010 4:02 PM

That is sad. My best wishes to the Heimerdinger family.
    My worst wishes to the overrated, pyscho, nutcase, low self esteemed Vince Young.
    And kudos to Jeff Fischer.
    Now tell that dumba$$ Bud Adams to go get screwed.

Tennessee has a moron for an owner that is in love with a QB that will never be a leader, will always underachieve, and will go nutso at the drop of a hat. I guess Vince Young and Titans fans are quite a bit alike

10. clayswife says: Nov 24, 2010 4:03 PM

Oh no… poor guy. I wish him the best of luck

11. qb19 says: Nov 24, 2010 4:05 PM

Dinger, you are a fighter and a great coach. My thoughts are with you and your family.

12. rameyag says: Nov 24, 2010 4:10 PM

Who knows exactly when Coach Fisher learned of this, but it may put what happened on Sunday in a different context.

Grown men do not act like Vince Young and, if I were dealing with the news that one of my colleagues was seriously ill, I do not believe I could have shown the restraint Coach Fisher demonstrated after Mr. Young’s childish antics.

13. rhodeislandpatriotsfan says: Nov 24, 2010 4:41 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with Mike Heimerdinger and his family.

14. snarkygurl says: Nov 24, 2010 4:43 PM

How’s this for a healthy dose of reality folks? All the best to Dinger and his family. Here’s hoping for a complete recovery!!

15. Lisa (VikesPrincess) says: Nov 24, 2010 4:50 PM

Having lost my mom to cancer a month ago yesterday, my thoughts go out to his family. It’s a very difficult battle. Best wishes to him.

16. indicanuk says: Nov 24, 2010 4:53 PM

Lost my dad to cancer last christmas. Cancer is a very scary issue. I wish the Heimerdinger family all the luck and that God and others will be there for you.

17. tntitanfan says: Nov 24, 2010 5:03 PM

I am sure I speak for all TRUE TITAN fans, from the bottom of our hearts, we wish Coach Heimerdinger and his family the best. Be strong and pull threw soon.

18. tombrookshire says: Nov 24, 2010 5:10 PM

Godspeed and prayers for a complete recovery.

19. easyeddie says: Nov 24, 2010 5:46 PM

I can’t imagine what it must be like to find out a diagnosis like that.

20. gojags says: Nov 24, 2010 5:56 PM

Get well soon Coach Heimerdinger. Can’t wait to see you in the opposing sideline next season. You truly are a great hero, focusing so much on your work not taking care of your health.

My Best wishes for your speedy recovery.

21. bradysbitch says: Nov 24, 2010 6:26 PM

Thoughts and prayers to Coach Heimerdinger and family. What a tough thing to go through, especially around the holidays. Fight hard, Coach!

Kinda makes some of my worries, problems etc seem very trivial.

22. thetooloftools says: Nov 24, 2010 6:49 PM

anybody who makes a joke out of this is going to burn in hell.
    stay strong buddy.
    happy thanksgiving to you and your Loved ones.
    “May Jesus Christ wrap his healing arms around you” is my prayer.

23. 8man says: Nov 24, 2010 7:13 PM

Mr. Heimerdinger, may the Lord be with you and your family for your fight.

24. sylar1888 says: Nov 24, 2010 7:26 PM

From the biggest Colts fan on this Planet!!! Get well soon coach Heimerdinger! You are a great coach and represent the NFL with class and integrity. I’ll pray for you and your family during this difficult time. —Colts fan for life

25. lovemywork says: Nov 24, 2010 11:16 PM

God Bless you Mr. Heimerdinger – get well man.

26. goldsteel says: Nov 25, 2010 1:00 AM

Here’s hoping that all your therapy is successful. Once cancer touches someone even if they are survivors, it is with them forever. May God Bless your health.