It’s Friday evening, which means it’s time for a little injury report recap. (It’s also time for my family to shoot especially dirty looks at me for tuning them out while I write this.)
The big injury stories went in the rumor mill and we pick up the rest of the action right here:
1. Panthers running back Jonathan Stewart is back after missing a few weeks with a concussion. He’s expected to split carries with Mike Goodson. Quarterback Jimmy Clausen is also probable and will start against Jake Delhomme.
2. The Browns expressed some optimism about Josh Cribbs’ (toes) status, but he didn’t practice all week. He’s questionable. Ben Watson (ankle) is also questionable and was able to practice on a limited basis Thursday and Friday.
3. The Packers are short at safety once again. Atari Bigby (hamstring) and Anthony Smith (ankle) aren’t expected to play against the Falcons.
4. Falcons defensive end John Abraham returned to practice on a limited practice Thursday and Friday. He’s questionable with a groin injury.
5. Jacksonville playmakers Maurice Jones-Drew (abdomen) and Mike Sims-Walker (ankle) were both limited in practice this week and are questionable for Sunday’s game against the Giants. MJD will play. Sims-Walker is less certain.
6. Dolphins quarterback Chad Henne (knee) is officially questionable. The Dolphins still haven’t declared a starting quarterback against the Raiders. Linebacker Karlos Dansby (toe) is also questionable, but is expected to play. Tackle Jake Long (shoulder) will suit up. Brandon Marshall (hamstring) is officially doubtful.
7. Vikings wideouts Bernard Berrian (groin) and Sidney Rice (hip) both returned to practice Friday and are listed as questionable. Rice expects to play a full complement of snaps. Berrian’s status is up in the air.
8. The Redskins officially declared running back Ryan Torain (hamstring) and LaRon Landry (achilles) out. Ten players are questionable, including wide receiver Santana Moss (knee) and Carlos Rogers (hamstring).
9. The Bears have “no injuries to report.” Really.
10. Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel is questionable despite not practicing all week.
11. Steelers safety Troy Polamalu returned from his ankle injury on Friday to practice fully. He is listed as questionable, but is fully expected to start.
12. The Rams are healthy except for wide receiver Danario Alexander, who is a gametime decision once again.
13. The Broncos will finally get linebacker Robert Ayers (foot) back. Linebacker D.J. Williams (concussion) is questionable, while rookie wideout Demaryius Thomas (ankle) is out.
14. The Titans listed Kerry Collins (calf) as questionable, indicating he may not be as far away from returning to action as we’ve been led to believe. Rusty Smith is still expected to start against the Texans. Collins didn’t practice all week.
15. Tight end Owen Daniels (hamstring) is out against for Houston. Linebacker Zach Diles is back in action after an irregular heartbeat sidelined him last week. Darryl Sharpton is expected to start over Diles.
16. Enjoy what’s left of this holiday weekend and thanks for helping us keep the lights on at PFT.