Vincent Jackson knocked out early against Colts

V. Jackson1

The Chargers waited 12 weeks for Vincent Jackson to return and take part of two plays.

Jackson left the game quickly after injuring his calf, then was seen stretching it out on the sideline.  After the Chargers initially said he would return, Jackson was ruled out for the rest of the game.

San Diego leads 13-7 early despite the injury to Jackson and tight end Antonio Gates hobbling around the field.  Peyton Manning has been picked off twice, including a pick six by Chargers linebacker Kevin Burnett.

For extra camera angles and more, you can chat with Florio at SNF Extra.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
14 Responses to “Vincent Jackson knocked out early against Colts”
  1. skolvikes1 says: Nov 28, 2010 9:29 PM

LOL!

Jackson is not hurt. I believe he is required to be active for 6 games this year in order to be eligible for unrestricted free agency next year. I have a feeling he will find ways to be active, but not play the final 5 games this year (and playoffs, however far the Chargers get).

2. fartography says: Nov 28, 2010 9:42 PM

Get Matt Millen off the air.

3. sterilizecromartie says: Nov 28, 2010 10:01 PM

I would be shocked if this is a legit injury. This guy is a bad and bitter person.

4. joetoronto says: Nov 28, 2010 10:06 PM

Jackson reminds me of Merriman.

5. Andre's Johnson says: Nov 28, 2010 10:20 PM

Go BOLTS!

Go TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. grogansheroes says: Nov 28, 2010 10:22 PM

Love the Manning face as the Bolts are kicking the Dolts a**es!! Last week we got two Manning faces, but this week only one.

7. sweetnlow44 says: Nov 28, 2010 10:25 PM

He’s really doing a great job of proving he’s worthy of his contract expectations.

8. obsession55 says: Nov 28, 2010 10:47 PM

I’d love to see any other quarterback operate behind the Colts offensive line

Its easy for u losers to talk sh*t when your QB’s sit in the pocket all day and throw to wide open receivers!!

Colts SUCK!! Peyton is the only player on that team

9. cappa662 says: Nov 28, 2010 10:55 PM

Good for VJ, because I wouldn’t pay for 65K a game. No way. Yes that’s alot of money to me and you, but it’s pennies for a WR in the NFL.

If I found out that another programmer was making 150K, and I was making 50K. You think I would bust my butt for 50K? I would want to be compensated for what the average programmer makes or I would want to be able to find another job that would compensate my skills.

10. mikebyrne1502 says: Nov 28, 2010 11:43 PM

You know what this is what you get when you hold out, if he has a calf injury they can sit him work him on the side keep him questionable, and if they want don’t activate him and keep him another year and go through the drama again in 2011.

11. natelan says: Nov 29, 2010 12:06 AM

*****************************

1) He was offered a much better offer before the season started and he refused it,

And

2) In his short career, he’s already gotten 2 DUI’s and a third would mean an even longer suspension than he’s already faced. You’re not looking at the bigger picture.

You can’t just glance at his stats and offer him 10 million a year without factoring in his troubles on and off the field.

He obviously should’ve taken the 3.5 million tender before the season started and play his heart out one more year. If he’s has good as he thinks he is, at the end of the year he would have 3 possibilities;

1) He gets franchised for a boat load
    Or
    2) He gets the long term deal from the Chargers
    Or
    3) He gets a long term deal from someone else.

He will be paid decently by someone next year, but not anything near what he thinks he’s worth. He’s now seen as a toxic, selfish A-hole who dogs it when he’s upset. And wherever he ends up won’t have a Phillips Rivers throwing him the ball, so I see a rough road ahead for VJ.

12. benh999 says: Nov 29, 2010 12:11 AM

obsession55, that you, Pollian?

13. natelan says: Nov 29, 2010 12:16 AM

10 bucks says VJ gets arrested for DUI tonight…

14. Jack Burton says: Nov 29, 2010 8:19 AM

Hilarious, he should give his agent a raise if he ever gets a new deal.