Derek Anderson apologizes for tirade

Derek Anderson

Cardinals quarterback Derek Anderson stepped to the podium on Wednesday with one thing in mind.

“OK, let’s try this in a manner that doesn’t end up on YouTube,” Anderson said.

Anderson then apologized for going off after Monday night’s game when he was asked about laughing on the sidelines during the Cardinals’ blowout loss to the 49ers.

“I’d like to apologize for my actions after the game,” Anderson said. “There is a more professional way I could have handled that. I wasn’t raised that way. My Mom and Dad didn’t raise me to act like that in times of adversity. Obviously I was very frustrated by what had happened during the game, and I let the emotions get the best of me.”

From there, Anderson proceeded to look forward, talking about the “big game” his team has at home this week against the Rams.

As MDS wrote, Anderson may wind up being best remembered for his meltdown on Monday night more than anything he’s ever done on the field.

It’s worth remembering, though, that he handled the aftermath on Wednesday as well as he could have.

Permalink 19 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
19 Responses to “Derek Anderson apologizes for tirade”
  1. cincyorangenblack says: Dec 1, 2010 5:30 PM

D.A. doesn’t stand for Derrick Anderson….just ask clevelanders

2. touchdownroddywhite says: Dec 1, 2010 5:30 PM

Yeah, I bet his mom and dad called him and let it be known that he embarrassed them. (Also, you only capitilize mom and dad if they’re replacing proper nouns, ie. being used in place of peoples names. Now can I have a job?)

3. vikesfansteve says: Dec 1, 2010 5:36 PM

The thing is that he answered that question right before that fat idiot reporter kept repeating over & over what where you laughing about. The question was already answered. He should have said I already answered that tubby.

4. steelers6pack says: Dec 1, 2010 5:44 PM

Anderson is a bum and will be ran out of town like Matty was!

5. sdw2001 says: Dec 1, 2010 6:01 PM

Hmmm…not seeing my posts. Test.

6. FinFan68 says: Dec 1, 2010 6:03 PM

He should have apologized for his inability to play QB effectively. He will cause Fitz to leave…play Skelton or Hall. DA must look really good in practice but he has only had a few good games in the NFL.

7. mean13 says: Dec 1, 2010 6:09 PM

Too little, too late.

8. ilovefoolsball says: Dec 1, 2010 6:17 PM

It’s been fun Arizona, but your relevance has finally left the building.

9. packattack1967 says: Dec 1, 2010 6:20 PM

That reporter should apologize. Anderson has nothing to apologize for. I would have done the same thing to that buffoon.

10. thereisalwaysnextyear says: Dec 1, 2010 6:21 PM

He needs to apologize the that “beard” or whatever the animal is that died on his face. Is that supposed to make him look tough?

11. khop40 says: Dec 1, 2010 6:25 PM

I know exactly why Derek Anderson was laughing: It suddenly dawned on him that he is arguably the worst quarterback in the history of the game and he is being paid millions by a idiot owner and his family to basically throw games away…That realization cracked him up.

12. fmwarner says: Dec 1, 2010 6:35 PM

#
    touchdownroddywhite says: Dec 1, 2010 5:30 PM

________________________________________

Not until you learn to spell “capitalize”, use periods in “i.e.”, and use apostrophes in possessives.

13. coachstram says: Dec 1, 2010 6:51 PM

He owes no apology to anyone.

Chew on that, P.C.police.

14. sheady says: Dec 1, 2010 6:54 PM

I am really glad this guy left Cleveland. It looks like he will soon be leaving Phoenix. Good bye DA thanks for nothing!

15. sanjose61 says: Dec 1, 2010 6:55 PM

Disagree with packattack1967.

Many people (players, ex-players, ticket-buying fans, television viewers) were outraged by DA’s behavior. The question needed to be asked. It was certainly not an unfair question or one that was somehow out of bounds.

As far as I’m concerned…and I’m sorry Gregg Rosenthal didn’t bring it up…I would have liked to hear DA’s explanation as to why he was laughing. It’s a fair question.

I imagine that as a tacit forgiveness to him for apologizing, that no one in the media corps had the guts to ask him again.

16. epping16 says: Dec 1, 2010 7:00 PM

You people saying that it is the reporters fault are lame. Why would it be the reporters fault? Should he of just served questions up on a platter? The fans want answers, and laughing while it was going on is sad. Then he lied about it and said he wasn’t laughing. It was a good question and he knew he got caught. He blew up, but hey at least it kept us from talking about how bad he played.

17. waccoforflacco says: Dec 1, 2010 8:10 PM

Anderson was laughing at the poor slug that was going to be drafted by the Cards and have to play for such a crappy team.

18. sdw2001 says: Dec 1, 2010 8:42 PM

His mom and dad? WTF? What is he…16?

19. raiderapologist says: Dec 1, 2010 9:24 PM

It was a good move by Anderson. It took the focus off the ass-whup they took from a really bad Niner team.