It’s Friday evening. That means it’s time for America’s third-most popular running segment on the injury report. We post the big stories in the rumor mill, and clean up the rest here. Let’s do it:
1. Ben Roethlisberger is officially questionable after being limited in practice all week, but he’s fully expected to start
Monday Sunday night. Defensive end Aaron Smith (triceps) was upgraded to doubtful, and tight end Matt Spaeth is doubtful with a concussion. Otherwise, the active members of the Steelers should be available.
2. The Ravens listed tackle Michael Oher (knee), fullback Le’Ron McClain (ankle), and safety Dawan Landry (head) as questionable. McClain’s status is the toughest to predict of the three. Oher is expected to play.
3. Cowboys linebacker Keith Brooking is questionable with a foot injury. If he’s out, Sean Lee will replace him in the lineup.
4. The Dolphins could be without two key defenders. Cornerback Al Harris and linebacker Channing Crowder are doubtful. Harris pulled his hamstring at practice. It looks like Brandon Marshall (hamstring, questionable) should return in some capacity.
5. The so-so Rams running game could be without fullback Mike Karney, who is questionable with a groin injury.
6. The Redskins will be without defensive backs Carlos Rogers and LaRon Landry once again. There is some concern Landry won’t return at all this year. In all, 15 Redskins are questionable. By writing that, I’m excusing myself from listing them all.
7. The Giants continue to miss a ton of key players on the offensive line and wide receiver. Tackle Shawn Andrews, wide receiver Hakeem Nicks, and center Shaun O’Hara are all out. Tackle David Diehl and wide receiver Steve Smith are doubtful.
8. The Bears are totally healthy except linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa, who is out with a knee injury.
9. The Lions are missing their top two quarterbacks and likely their top defensive end. Kyle Vanden Bosch (neck) is doubtful.
10. The Browns list linebacker Scott Fujita and quarterback Colt McCoy as doubtful. Josh Cribbs (toes) is questionable after returning for a limited practice Friday.
11. The Falcons could be without their versatile backup running back Jason Snelling. He’s questionable with a hamstring injury after missing practice all week.
12. The Bills are quietly down a lot of key players this week. Linebacker Reggie Torbor, guard Eric Wood, and defensive end Dwan Edwards. Cornerback Terrence McGee is questionable. Edwards is out for the season.
13. Panthers cornerback Chris Gamble sat out practice Thursday with a hamstring injury and is questionable. He was benched last week, but it wasn’t supposed to be injury related.
14. Mike Williams isn’t the only banged-up Seattle receiver. Tight end John Carlson (hip) is questionable.
15. The only players listed on the Broncos injury report are out: safety Brian Dawkins (knee), cornerback Andre’ Goodman (hip), safety Darcel McBath (quadricep), and rookie wideout Demaryius Thomas (ankle).
16. The Chiefs list top cornerback Brandon Flowers as questionable, although local reports have indicated he’s unlikely to play.
17. Saints running back Pierre Thomas is questionable after practicing on a limited basis all week, although the optimism about his status seemed to wane as the weak wore on.
18. Kenny Britt (hamstring) is officially questionable, but the Titans receiver admitted he’s unlikely to play this week.
19. Bengals cornerback Johnathan Joseph is back in the mix. He’s probable.
20. Have a great weekend guys. Thanks for reading PFT and please clean up after you’re done with the place.