Haynesworth furious at reports he was hung over

Washington Redskins v Baltimore Ravens

Redskins defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth was inactive for Sunday’s game after struggling through what was described as an “illness” last week. On Monday, rumors began to circulate that Haynesworth’s illness was actually a hangover. And Haynesworth is furious about that.

Haynesworth denied a Comcast SportsNet report that Haynesworth went out late Thursday and appeared hung over Friday.

“Yeah, I went out on Thursday but left early because I wasn’t feeling good and went home,” Haynesworth said. “And then they want to sit here and say I was hung over and drunk and something like that? … For these people to make up lies to try to make me look bad, it’s ridiculous.”

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan has declined to answer questions about the latest Haynesworth controversy until he talks to Haynesworth first. That meeting won’t take place today, because Haynesworth isn’t going to the team facility on his day off.

“I’m not going into the office tomorrow,” Haynesworth said Monday. “I’m still heated over this. I just got sick of it.”

That’s the one thing Haynesworth and Shanahan have in common: They’re sick of each other.

Permalink 42 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Washington Redskins
42 Responses to “Haynesworth furious at reports he was hung over”
  1. boogre says: Dec 7, 2010 7:40 AM

The truth is that albert routinely goes out and pounds drinks in the reston town center. For the most part I have seen him at Jackson’s fine food and drinks, clydes and some other haunts in the center. he may not have been hung over that day, but this guy gets hammered a lot. So does shanahan, same town center, nicer places.

2. zilla1126 says: Dec 7, 2010 7:46 AM

There is something seriously wrong with this organization. What possible reason could they have for continuing to leak damaging information on Hanynesworth?

3. joetoronto says: Dec 7, 2010 7:47 AM

Welcome to the world of the rat, Albert.

You started it, he finished it.

4. 4sacroc says: Dec 7, 2010 8:19 AM

So suddenly, Albert Haynesworth is a victim.

I don’t think so, Scooter.

5. blackqbwhiterb says: Dec 7, 2010 8:20 AM

At some point, do Snyder and the henchmen ever come to the realization that draft picks are the way to rebuild? Or do they continue to buy free agents who don’t fit, underperform, and get overpaid?
    Bruce Allen must not go the route of his father with the notion that you get proven guys and not rookies. It simply isn’t an effective method in today’s NFL.
    The longer this team is mismanaged, the more difficult it becomes to remain a fan.

6. vikesfansteve says: Dec 7, 2010 8:22 AM

This is all Shanahan’s fault from the beginning.

7. worldsgreatest says: Dec 7, 2010 8:22 AM

I can’t wait until this guy isn’t a Redskin anymore. Not because I dislike him, but so I can stop hearing about it.

8. kennyfukinpowers says: Dec 7, 2010 8:27 AM

$36 MILLION…that is how much the Deadskins have paid Sir Albert for 2 seasons. Great job Dan Snyder.

9. favrecansuckit says: Dec 7, 2010 8:36 AM

He wasn’t hungover. He was still drunk. Big difference.

10. johnah says: Dec 7, 2010 8:36 AM

The Redskins were getting hit for benching Albert yet again; so they decided to leak the real reason for the benching. He was given an excuse of “illness” for missing practice but when asked in an interview why he was benched he said he didn’t know. If he was out at the bars in Reston until 12:30 and then misses practice; then he knew damn well why he was benched.

I do think that the organization is in horrible shape with all of these leaks but they had a reason for it.

11. thereisalwaysnextyear says: Dec 7, 2010 8:38 AM

““I believe there’s some kind of haters in the organization, that they don’t like me,” Haynesworth said on 106.7 The Fan. “I don’t know if it’s players, I don’t know if it’s coaches, I don’t know who it is. Obviously somebody who doesn’t like me, which is fine. But when you go out there and start making up lies, then, yeah, I’ve got something to say.”

Umm…Fat Albert those people aren’t just IN the organization, but probably 75%+ of Skins fans fall into that boat. You get NO respect because you don’t earn it. I’ve never met you and don’t like you. You are lazy, don’t seem to care about anyone but yourself, and you have the attitude of a 3 year old.

12. pocketsstraight says: Dec 7, 2010 8:38 AM

re: zilla1126

This was not from the organization. Haynesworth was out at the american tap room until 2am thursday morning (that is wednesday night into thursday morning). A waiter there showed Haynesworth’s bill to a comcast reporter (apparently Haynesworth likes the drink: Skinny Bitch on the Rag). The comcast reporter checked with players who said that Haynesworth was definitely hung over. So they reported it. Haynesworth himself admitted that he was out till “closing” at the Tap Room, but said he stopped drinking “around 12:30 or so”.

There are more reports that Haynesworth was late to practice Friday because he showed up to practice smelling like alcohol, the team tried to get him to take a breath-analyzer, he refused and called the union who informed the team that they were not able to force Haynesworth to take a breath analyzer. That’s why Haynesworth was late to practice, and why the team didn’t let him practice.

The “organization” is not leaking this stuff, the players are. They have been seeking out reporters to get this story out there, they are fed up with his behavior.

Many of the players are on the record saying that Haynesworth is not willing to be a professional, and is not willing to help the team. Phillip Daniels, a self-described friend of Albert, put his name on the record and said:

“He let himself down. But in the process of letting yourself down, you let your teammates down in a lot of ways.”

“He just needs to think about what he’s doing on the football part of things and know that people are counting on you. Not the coaches, Not the organization, but your teammates are counting on you. That’s what I play for every day, my teammates. That’s the part of the game that slipped by Haynesworth.”

So don’t think that the “organization” is damaging Haynesworth. Haynesworth has done a pretty good job of doing that himself, and his teammates are the ones who are sick of it.

13. 4sacroc says: Dec 7, 2010 8:39 AM

From today’s Wash. Post:

Fatso says:

“If I was late to a meeting, ok, my fault. I take that responsibility. I was late. Fine me like you’re supposed to, then that’s it.”

Then Haynesworth was asked what constitutes a bad practice.

“He said I wasn’t giving a whole lot of effort,” Haynesworth said, “like, I didn’t run to the ball out there if the play was on the other side or something like that. Things like that. That’s what he said. The effort, I guess, wasn’t there.”

14. Panda Claus says: Dec 7, 2010 8:50 AM

Seemed appropriate that Haynesworth could’ve been released on the anniversary of D-Day. But Shanahan won’t cut him loose until they have a face-to-face, so worn-out fans will have to wait–again.

15. boysroll says: Dec 7, 2010 8:55 AM

this is the biggest running joke in the nfl the last 20 yrs this org. They run a mickey mouse org yr to yr and the 4skin base puts up with supporting this weasel owner and worst dysfunctional product yr to yr.

I can almost guarantee this is coming down from the weasel owner as that is the way he treats people that he feels wrong him and when you are 3 ft tall you have a serious complex to begin with.

Enjoy all ye SUCKAS!!!! Where are the htrs now?

16. bbb82 says: Dec 7, 2010 9:08 AM

I’d love to see this guy try to make it in the real world…

17. isonic1 says: Dec 7, 2010 9:26 AM

boysroll says: Dec 7, 2010 8:55 AM

OMG…. You’re alive! dude, we thought you killed yourself. Please go back into hiding again.

18. ravensrule says: Dec 7, 2010 9:34 AM

Its always someone / something than yourself, right Fat Albert. I think the Skins have cause to void his contract. Its very clear he’s mailing it in

19. southbeachtalent says: Dec 7, 2010 9:35 AM

WOW Haynesworth is literally the biggest douche I have ever seen.

I’d bench him for the rest of the season.. But in todays NFL that may cost Shanahan his job. These owners need to stand behind their coaches. Stop letting these wealthy, egotestical, selfish babies run organizations. Grow some BALLS the fans will respect you for it!

20. richm2256 says: Dec 7, 2010 9:38 AM

Haynesworth doesn’t need anyone to “make him look bad”, he does a first class job of that all by himself. Who here is ever going to forget that play a couple of weeks ago where Haynesworth fell down, and just laid there, didn’t even TRY to get back up?

This guy hasn’t earned a nickel of his pay this season, and ought to be embrarrassed by the way he’s performing – er, NOT performing – this season.

21. kirkandhanh says: Dec 7, 2010 9:42 AM

Usually, players are much better when they leave the Redskins.

22. cometkazie says: Dec 7, 2010 9:47 AM

It’s been my experience in dealing with emotionally immature males with substance abuse problems that the closer you are to accurately describing the problem, the madder they get.

Fat Albert needs help.

23. scrapdawg12 says: Dec 7, 2010 9:52 AM

Guys like Fat Albert don’t deserve to be paid a single dime in the NFL. He should be thrown out of the league. He is a disgrace. I don’t know how he gets up in the morning and looks in the mirror and says to himself “I earned it”. What a loser.

24. thetooloftools says: Dec 7, 2010 10:07 AM

this is what happens when you sign a guy 15 seconds after free agency starts.

25. vikesfansteve says: Dec 7, 2010 10:18 AM

It was actually Jackson’s in Reston VA on wed night before Thanksgiving.

26. patsfan says: Dec 7, 2010 10:21 AM

“Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life, Son.”

- Mike Shanahan aka Dean Wormer.

27. imcertainfloriolikesboys says: Dec 7, 2010 10:30 AM

boysroll says:
    Dec 7, 2010 8:55 AM

Enjoy all ye SUCKAS!!!! Where are the htrs now?

Who are you? I mean seriously man? Your a Cowboys fan talking smack about disfunctional orgs? Get real kid or go find something better to do with your time than trash talking on a message board to loyal Redskins fans.

Some people would enjoy a normal conversation with fellow Skins fans than have to read through your immature comments.

28. jlawless87 says: Dec 7, 2010 10:32 AM

#
    worldsgreatest says: Dec 7, 2010 8:22 AM

_______________________________________________________________

Sorry to inform you of this but I am a Browns/Falcons fan and I was never a Titans/Redskins/Haynesworth fan … With that being said you will still constantly hear of him waaaayyyy more than you want to because it never goes away …. IT NEVER GOES AWAY … MAKE IT STOP PFT! I am developing a nervous twitch!!!

29. andyreidsappetite says: Dec 7, 2010 10:33 AM

Albert, you don’t need anyone to make you look ridiculious. You do that very well on your own. Sports in DC is so bad. They love handing out bad contracts.

30. imaginesuperbowlwin says: Dec 7, 2010 11:14 AM

…and after the interview he STOMPED out of the room.

31. boysrollpt2 says: Dec 7, 2010 11:14 AM

I’m Sorry the only bigger embarrassment is the cowboys and their fans

32. packerrube13 says: Dec 7, 2010 11:23 AM

@Pocketsstraight and @Cometkazie, you guys are both right on. Pockets, thanks for the info. That shed a more accurate light on it and gave more info than PFT did, who just re-reported old news from other sources. Thanks for the fresh info. And Comet, I couldn’t agree more. Great post. In unofficial terms, that’s called getting “defensive” when called out. I love it.

Wow its actually nice to see intelligent, classy comments from people on here. Its oddly refreshing, compared to the other crap that is talked about on here. And the same arguments/excuses/and classless comments that are exchanged. Ha ha

33. radrntn says: Dec 7, 2010 11:26 AM

whats the point???? I guess this marriage is no doubt heading to a divore, but for some unknown reason it did not happen sooner…….like I saaid long ago Albert, you will look mighty good in silver and black right between seymour and kelly.

34. grs27 says: Dec 7, 2010 11:43 AM

Haynesworth is basically stealing millions from the team, sabotaging their season and his teammates, then saying he has haters…well duh! He is the worst kind of cancer for a sport based on team play.
    I Blame the Redskins ownership on this one. They presented the contract terms to Albert, he took advantage of it because the Union will be behind him no matter what.

35. hondon13 says: Dec 7, 2010 11:55 AM

Albert, unfortunately will be in trouble continually, and probably broke in a few years after his career(?), is over, cause he just ain’t smart! Water seeks it’s own level and Albert is drowning!

36. bspurloc says: Dec 7, 2010 12:13 PM

REDSKINS last place per usual

37. worldsgreatest says: Dec 7, 2010 12:56 PM

What players AREN’T out every night partying? It used to be part of the game. Jurgenson did it all the time. Who cares.

As a Skins fan this team has not been better this year, with or without Haynesworth. Shanahan just continues the Redskin tradition of terrible personnel treatment and decision. I hope he has a fantastic season next year and wish him the best. Ie Brad Johnson, Stephen Davis, Trent Green, Greg Williams, Ryan Clark, Brandon Lloyd…I mean has there been another organization that’s mismanaged, been unable to coach effectively, or just flat out been unable to close games as often as the Skins? As a fan its getting impossible to root for this team.

38. worldsgreatest says: Dec 7, 2010 12:58 PM

What I meant to say is: id rather have Zorn back than this clown Shanahan. Dislike him intensely.

39. outlawjerseywhales says: Dec 7, 2010 1:15 PM

Panda Claus says:
    Dec 7, 2010 8:50 AM
    “Seemed appropriate that Haynesworth could’ve been released on the anniversary of D-Day.”
    ————————————————–
    So, WWII history as taught in “Animal House” (1978) MUST be true!

(“Bluto”) “What? Over? Did you say “over”? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!”

40. iwishiwasindc says: Dec 7, 2010 1:46 PM

Am lifelong ‘Skins fan and I am not embarrassed to say that I have been rooting for the Cowboys ever since Garrett took over for the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE. Doesn’t mean I don’t want my team to win and return to glory…just like to root for good football and a good story. That being said, hate Haynesworth and everything he flops for and hope Shanahans can turn things around…and for the record, was disappointed to get McNabb. Tune in later, fans, for more drama…

Mini-Hail!

41. xli2006 says: Dec 7, 2010 1:59 PM

“I wasn’t hungover, I was just fat, lazy, and not very good at my job.” – Albert “Headstompin’” Haynesworth

Snyder should let Shanahan just get 1 good junk kick in for signing that clown and then making him try to coach him.

42. kevinfromphilly says: Dec 7, 2010 2:59 PM

He probably got sick watching the Houston/Philly game at the bar, when he realized that they could have traded for THAT Eagles QB instead.