Vince Young becomes a verb in the Titans’ locker room

Bo Scaife

During Sunday’s 17-6 loss to the Jaguars in Tennessee, a team the Titans had blown out in Jacksonville, tight end Bo Scaife dropped a pass near the goal line.  After the game, he bolted from the locker room before the media could grill him about the gaffe.

“I just knew y’all were gonna ask me some bullsh-t, and I wasn’t in the mood,” Scaife said, per Terry McCormick of TitanInsider.com.  “I probably would have done some VY stuff.  You know what I’m saying? I might have pulled a VY on y’all.  I just wanted to avoid that and let my emotions calm down a little bit.  No one felt worse than I did.”

Scaife was laughing when he referred to pulling a VY.  We have a feeling that “VY” — quarterback Vince Young — wouldn’t see the humor in that.

Of course, Scaife was referring to last month’s decision by Young to storm out of the locker room after a home loss to the Redskins.  Young’s behavior prompted coach Jeff Fisher to tell the media that Young was out as the team’s starting quarterback.  He has since been placed on injured reserve after thumb surgery.

“I didn’t stick around because I knew I was gonna say something to piss y’all off about something.  It’s probably better that way to let me get my emotions together, so I didn’t do a disservice to myself and the organization,” Scaife said.  “So that’s why I needed to get out of there.”

The drop came while the Titans trailed 17-3, and a touchdown would have cut the gap to seven.  Instead, the Titans settled for a field goal.

UPDATE:  OK, so maybe it wasn’t really a verb.  You get the idea.

Permalink 20 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Jacksonville Jaguars, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Tennessee Titans, Top Stories
20 Responses to “Vince Young becomes a verb in the Titans’ locker room”
  1. commandercornpone says: Dec 7, 2010 8:17 PM

he probly scored higher than a 6 on the wonderlic

2. purplebleeder says: Dec 7, 2010 8:22 PM

Don’t kick the guys while they’re down. Just interview Randy or somethin.

3. commandercornpone says: Dec 7, 2010 8:25 PM

well, OJ became a verb too…

4. importantpftcomment says: Dec 7, 2010 8:29 PM

Just proves that Bo knows…….

5. ac0117 says: Dec 7, 2010 8:37 PM

funny

6. iamalwayscorrect says: Dec 7, 2010 8:42 PM

2+2= 3
    waz up man I be ballin, and den the PoPo roll up on me so i git depressed man, and wanna put a cap in myself yo. Kno wat Im sayin.
    Man I gots my bling, I aint got to study or improve my game. Im already paid yo.

I am VY

7. andyprough says: Dec 7, 2010 8:47 PM

OK, so he avoided “pulling a VY” (cussing everyone out) by “pulling a VY” (bolting the locker room and refusing to talk)??

@Florio – you’ve got to get over this “Fisher benched Young” stuff. You can’t bench a guy who is already injured and out for the year – and Fisher indicated that he knew the probable extent of the injury immediately at his press conference after the game at which he announced the “benching”. Fisher uses reporters like you to propagate the myth that he is a highly successful tough-guy coach, when in fact he hasn’t confronted anyone or anything, and when his record is really no better than Wade Phillips would have with Bud Adams as an owner.

8. profootballwalk says: Dec 7, 2010 9:04 PM

“UPDATE: OK, so maybe it wasn’t really a verb. You get the idea.”

It’s called an adjective.

9. shaggeez says: Dec 7, 2010 9:07 PM

by bolting from the locker room before the media got there, didn’t he pull a VY anyways? only this time griffin wasnt chasing him in his shorts

10. shaggeez says: Dec 7, 2010 9:08 PM

besides, scaife and vy were teammates at texas. im pretty sure theyre buddies so nice try

11. Pooped says: Dec 7, 2010 9:23 PM

It’s good to see Florio passed Basic English and knows the difference between a verb and a noun.

12. brasho says: Dec 7, 2010 9:27 PM

Technically it’s still a noun, but a noun can used like an adjective to describe another noun in which that noun becomes an adjective. Example: police officer… in this word the noun “police” describes what kind of officer it is.

13. rammerray says: Dec 7, 2010 9:34 PM

Is VY using KY? Hmmm….

14. jimmy1smith says: Dec 7, 2010 9:38 PM

To me, pulling a VY on you is to punch you in the head when you are not looking inside a strip club.

Such a model citizen, tell me again why the Titans should fire Jeff Fischer just to keep this clown around?

15. hobartbaker says: Dec 7, 2010 9:43 PM

Vince Young (verb)
    1. To behave in an erratic self-destructive manner…overemotional….immature.
    2. To put up a ridiculous, laughable score on the Wonderlic…become a laughing stock…spawn mean jokes.
    3. To have a roller coaster career….going from penthouse to outhouse and back again…. over and over.

16. raiderapologist says: Dec 7, 2010 9:54 PM

UPDATE: OK, so maybe it wasn’t really a verb. You get the idea.
    ————–

Close enough. That team really imploded this year, and it wasn’t just Young’s fault. They are in a soft division and aren’t making any noise at all. If gambling was legal I’d bet $50 that Fisher ends up in Colorado or California or ESPN next year.

17. no1jag says: Dec 7, 2010 9:58 PM

LMAO Moss goes from catching passes from Tom Brady to trying to catch them from Kerry Collins all in one season. ( http://www.gridironcity.com)

18. ravensrule says: Dec 7, 2010 10:19 PM

I kind of pulled a VY when I got into a fight at a strip club…!

19. mean13 says: Dec 7, 2010 10:53 PM

VY is an A-hole.

20. patpatriotagain says: Dec 8, 2010 1:42 AM

profootballwalk says: Dec 7, 2010 9:04 PM

“UPDATE: OK, so maybe it wasn’t really a verb. You get the idea.”

It’s called an adjective.
    =====================================