Ravens rookie subject of police investigation

Quincy Butler, David Reed AP

The Baltimore County police department is investigating Ravens rookie receiver David Reed about possible narcotics at his home, according to Aaron Wilson of the Carroll County Times.

Police are examining evidence taken from his residence.

“I’m good,” Reed said. “I ain’t got nothing to say right now.”

A rookie from Utah, Reed is the team’s primary kickoff returner.  He’s scheduled to make the trip to Houston for Monday night’s game, but that could obviously change as news develops.

Permalink 27 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
27 Responses to “Ravens rookie subject of police investigation”
  1. joetoronto says: Dec 10, 2010 5:46 PM

“I’m good,” Reed said. “I ain’t got nothing to say right now.”

lol, oh man. :)

2. bodybaggame says: Dec 10, 2010 5:52 PM

Fines,Suspensions, Police Raids……Run of the mill NFL friday…

3. adipaola says: Dec 10, 2010 5:55 PM

one loss against the steelers and it seems like the ravens are falling apart…news wise. i haven’t seen this many ravens articles since 01. and oh..cough cough, since ray lewis murdered two people

4. FinFan68 says: Dec 10, 2010 5:57 PM

When the cops are examining evidence taken from your home and it potentially has to do with narcotics…”Im good” is not an appropriate attitude

5. 4sacroc says: Dec 10, 2010 5:59 PM

“I ain’t got ….”

Whoa, buddy. That’s all we need to hear ….

Cuff him.

The NFL is being “roont” by thugs and thug culture. The NBA went down this path and has become an unwatchable product with half-filled arenas peppering the landscape.

The NFL “ain’t” far behind.

6. palinforpresidentofnorthkorea says: Dec 10, 2010 6:07 PM

adipaola says: Dec 10, 2010 5:55 PM

~~~~

Who exactly did Ray Lewis murder?

Got proof?

Or do you have a man-crush on him?

7. mswravens says: Dec 10, 2010 6:07 PM

Here come the idiots & the haters!!!

That said, I hope Mr. Reed doesn’t prove to be a bigger idiot!!!

8. JSpicoli says: Dec 10, 2010 6:25 PM

NFL players can be such losers

9. richm2256 says: Dec 10, 2010 6:31 PM

“I’m good,” Reed said

Yeah, um, if by “good” you mean “baked”, yeah, you’re “good”.

Lol, “I ain’t got nothing to say”
    Of course you don’t, moron. Let’s see how that flies with Mr. Goodell.

10. ArtModellsPimp says: Dec 10, 2010 6:40 PM

Purple Drank, no doubt. “That’s So Raven!”

LMMFAO@U…

11. crabcakeandfootball1 says: Dec 10, 2010 6:53 PM

adipaola says:
    Dec 10, 2010 5:55 PM
    ——————————————–
    Ray Lewis story happened in 1999. So, you must be talking about all the media coverage Ravens were getting for winning the most one-sided super bowl in NFL history. Don’t worry, you don’t have to thank me for helping you learn at least one thing today.

12. laxer37 says: Dec 10, 2010 7:17 PM

This is nothing considering the Ravens employ two people that were involved in the deaths of two human beings.

13. hobartbaker says: Dec 10, 2010 7:38 PM

“I’m good. Except them damn cops took a whole sack of pancake mix from the house and I missed breakfast this morning.”.

14. obsession55 says: Dec 10, 2010 7:56 PM

A Raven in trouble with the law and a Patriot caught cheating…some things never change!!!

15. danwhitmer says: Dec 10, 2010 8:02 PM

I am a Ravens Fan. But If the man had drugs in his house he needs to be dealt with accordingly. I am not one to cry foul when other teams players screw up and then run to the defense of my team when they mess up.

16. crabcakeandfootball1 says: Dec 10, 2010 8:21 PM

laxer37 says:
    Dec 10, 2010 7:17 PM
    ——————————————
    Always good to hear comments from someone who enjoys playing with sticks and balls.

17. ravensj5 says: Dec 10, 2010 8:29 PM

Laxer…your QB raped someone and your steroid ridden linebacker beats women…….
    Come up with some new material!

18. nockinon7sdoor says: Dec 10, 2010 8:36 PM

I am not Ravens fan, but this “Ray Lewis is a murderer” stuff is just silly. He may have been marginally involved in that incident, but there is no evidence that he took any part in a murder. And he has been an exemplary citizen ever since.
    ________________________________

crabcakeandfootball1 says “So, you must be talking about all the media coverage Ravens were getting for winning the most one-sided super bowl in NFL history. Don’t worry, you don’t have to thank me for helping you learn at least one thing today.” I am always happy to help people learn as well. The most lopsided victory in the Super Bowl was in SB XXIV, when San Francisco beat Denver 55-10. The Niners scored 8 touchdowns (3 more than the Ravens scored in their beat-down of the Giants). The margin of victory would have been 46 points but for a missed extra point by SF. The score was 41-3 before Denver scored their only touchdown in the 3rd quarter. The Broncos were held to 167 yards (12 more than the Giants managed against the Ravens), and had just over 20 minutes in time-of-possession. Don’t worry, you do not have to thank me, either
    _____________________________

Reed said. “I ain’t got nothing to say right now.” I bet the Alums of Utah are proud. What a profound statement from a guy who supposedly has a few years of college behind him…

19. golonger says: Dec 10, 2010 8:56 PM

obsession55 = moron………..and obviously a fan of some loser team like the Browns……hence the pure jealousy and petty comments to make one feel better…a better alternative might to be to remove your tampon!

20. jimmy1smith says: Dec 10, 2010 9:12 PM

Maybe in their search, the police can come up with Ray Lewis’s murder knife.

21. crabcakeandfootball1 says: Dec 10, 2010 9:16 PM

nockinon7sdoor says:
    Dec 10, 2010 8:36 PM
    ________________________________

——————————–
    Thanks stat guy. I want you to give me another stat, what percentage of Steelers supporters are bandwagon fans?

22. ravensman says: Dec 10, 2010 9:37 PM

It amazes me that every time there’s a story about the Ravens or the Steelers, there will be at least a dozen comments about Ray Lewis being a murderer or Ben Roethlisberger being a rapist.
    Sadly, the entire premise of the NFL these days seems to be “our thugs can beat your thugs.” If you seriously think that Ray Lewis and Big Ben are the only NFL players that have participated in questionable behavior, you’re incredibly naive.
    Like this website or not, it is one of the most informative available for news about the NFL. Many of us enjoy reading what fans of other teams have to say; but when the best some people can come up with is speculation, the majority of us simply laugh at them.

23. 4sacroc says: Dec 10, 2010 9:49 PM

Joe Sacco needs to smarten up and see his hot reads on dem dare blitzes.

24. mean13 says: Dec 10, 2010 10:11 PM

#
    ravensj5 says: Dec 10, 2010 8:29 PM

“We do have one player that killed someone in an unfortuante incident…that probably would have happened whether or not Donte was drinking…..”

Oh, Lord. I didn’t think a single living human believed Donte’s BS “Even if I hadn’t been drunk the sun would have been in my eyes” defense.” He PAID the family, clown. That’s why he is not in prison.

25. nockinon7sdoor says: Dec 10, 2010 10:48 PM

crabcakeandfootball1 says:
    Dec 10, 2010 9:16 PM
    _________________________

You are quite welcome (though I did say thanks were not needed). As for your question, I have no idea, nor do I know how or why that is the least bit relevant to my post. I did not utter a negative comment about Ravens fans or their team, nor did I bash you in any way. Why do you feel the need to be so negative about a Steelers fan? BTW, I have been a Steelers fan since 1968 when I attended my first NFL game at Pitt Stadium to watch the (then) St Louis Cardinals beat the Steelers, 21-17 behind a Jim Hart comeback drive in the 4th quarter. Yep, I jumped right on that bandwagon a year before Chuck Noll came in and led the team to a rousing 1-13 record, just 4 years before their first ever playoff game, and just 6 years before their first of 6 Super Bowl wins. Of course, there are no bandwagons in Baltimore, are there? Those of us who live in Baltimore know otherwise, don’t we?

And calling Ben R. a rapist is about as silly as calling Ray Lewis (or Donte Stallworth) a murderer. They all got into situations they have lived to regret. Ray Lewis has certainly redeemed himself and seems to be a fine citizen of our fair city. Ben (especially) and Mr. Stallworth need a bit more time to pass before we can say they have put their mistakes behind them, but they both deserve a chance to do so.

Good luck to he Ravens in Houston on Monday. Hope they come home with no major injuries on their way to the playoffs.

26. chc36 says: Dec 11, 2010 1:27 AM

Actually mean13 it’s pretty much universally accepted that it wasn’t donte’s fault, only people who blindly follow what they here from other morons believe it wasn’t. It was an unfortunate accident, Donte should have stayed home (he took a nap at home after drinking for a couple hours to sober up before drinking). He was driving on a busy highway when the guy decided to cross, it was the guy who was killed who was at fault and if you pay attention to any if donte’s interviews following it you can tell he was traumatized by it, but it wasn’t entirely his fault, not even mostly. So maybe stop being a sheep and start thinking before you press some keys

27. myspaceyourface says: Dec 11, 2010 7:51 AM

1. Ray Lewis clothes were covered in blood when he left the scene.

2. He settled a civil case for 7 figures.

3. It was a double homicide.