Bucs deny report of Glazers’ willingness to sell soccer club

Wayne Rooney

In response to a report from the Sun indicating that the Glazer family plans to sell the Manchester United soccer club, their American football team has entered the fray.

“That report’s without merit,” Buccaneers director of communications Jonathan Grella told PFT via e-mail.

That will be regarded as bad news by fans of Manchester United, many of whom have been clamoring for the Glazers to sell the team.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Top Stories
8 Responses to “Bucs deny report of Glazers’ willingness to sell soccer club”
  1. 23chameleons says: Dec 22, 2010 9:12 PM

And why would an NFL fan care ? Because after reading your post, I’m still left with that question.

Just so I can prepare myself, are you going to comment on the outside business affairs of the 31 other team owners ?

2. Greg Diersing says: Dec 22, 2010 9:19 PM

The Sun is a tabloid and it quoted a non-executive saying what? — “It’s no secret that, at some time, the family will sell.”

Yes, at some time, we’ll all die too. You can quote me.

3. juanhughjazz says: Dec 22, 2010 9:34 PM

4. gor3hound says: Dec 22, 2010 9:59 PM

Why should they sell the most popular and valuable franchise in the world? that doesn’t make any sense, if they really need the money -I doubt it-, they should sell the bucs, not the red devils.

5. igottz5onit says: Dec 22, 2010 10:07 PM

I just wikipedia’d the Glazers and I cannot figure out why they own sports teams.

6. bodybaggame says: Dec 22, 2010 10:38 PM

I like soccer……..Moms

7. mean13 says: Dec 23, 2010 12:32 AM

juanhughjazz says: Dec 22, 2010 9:34 PM

“he would be better off selling the bucs. ManU is the most valuable franchise in the the world. The bucs can’t even sell out their stadium during a playoff run.”

Maybe the franchise will die one day, Juanita. Just like jazz did decades ago.

8. bucx01 says: Dec 23, 2010 12:55 AM

————————————————–
    Why sell a Man U? Well lets see, 1st they are going to get twice what they paid for it. Also as of right now Man U has 1.1 billion in debt. Most debt like this are interest only with a balloon due soon. So to make 500 million in a few short years sounds like a good deal.

It would be my guess the Tampa who has one of the lowest payrolls in the NFL will turn more of a profit then Man U.