PFT lands on the iPhone, too

NBC+Sports+Talk

Several weeks ago, we pointed out that NBC Sports has launched a comprehensive app for the iPad, which has PFT, CFT, and the rest of the NBC Sports family of blogs.

Those of you with iPhones complained.  We tuned you out.  (Hey, I’ve been married 16 years.)

But now we have a Christmas present, for those of you with iPhones and the iPod touch.  The NBC Sports app has launched, and you may now download and enjoy it.

It’s free, which means you’ll definitely get your money’s worth.

Permalink 19 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
19 Responses to “PFT lands on the iPhone, too”
  1. mark0226 says: Dec 22, 2010 4:19 PM

Now those us of with Android phones are complaining. It is 2010, so Apple is not the only game in town for smart phones/pads.

2. dgoblue says: Dec 22, 2010 4:35 PM

… not to mention those of us enjoying the Palm OS on our mobile devices. It’s a great platform, but it’s last in line in terms of getting Aps designed for it. I’ll try and be patient.

3. mike83ri says: Dec 22, 2010 4:55 PM

Seeing as how Sprint is the official sponsor of PFT, I would think you would prioritize the platforms that Sprint actually offers.

So let’s get a Blackberry app please.

4. rdb4133 says: Dec 22, 2010 4:58 PM

Yeah where is the Android love?! Android does have the largest percentage of smartphone users out there! :)

5. TheWallyChamp says: Dec 22, 2010 5:03 PM

Who care’s about Palm? Android has already eclipsed Palm and Jobs’ crappy iphone.

Android is the the market’s choice for smartphone. Not having an app for it is bad business.

6. mborz says: Dec 22, 2010 5:08 PM

I just grabbed it. It’s not bad, so far. The interface and behavior reminds of of the Pulse newsreader application, which I have used to read PFT (among other things).

Bummer that clicking to read the comments just opens the full page up Safari. Since I read a lot of comments I might as well just go straight to the full site until the comments are integrated into the application.

Good start, overall. Can’t complain too much given the cost.

7. dbellina says: Dec 22, 2010 5:35 PM

You need to get this for DROID!!!!!!!

8. joebuckiscreepy says: Dec 22, 2010 6:19 PM

yeah, what all the droid people said…

9. neverend1 says: Dec 22, 2010 6:28 PM

FINALLY!

10. touchdownroddywhite says: Dec 22, 2010 7:05 PM

haha, I love how there’s one person so far with an iphone compared to like 10 Droids. I too have a droid, but I have Sprint which comes with Sprint Football Live and subsequently delivers me AP football news, as well as PFT.

I’m just going to ask that you make sure this doesn’t effect how long it takes me to get new articles on my phone. As it is there’s a HUGE delay some days, which is kind of annoying.

11. touchdownroddywhite says: Dec 22, 2010 7:08 PM

#
    mike83ri says: Dec 22, 2010 4:55 PM

So let’s get a Blackberry app please.

You should already have access to it under the Sprint Football Live application, but as I mentioned the articles are usually WAY behind.

12. blountforce says: Dec 22, 2010 7:29 PM

Mark0226:

“Did-O”
    Those of us with Android phones would like a lil love as well!!!

13. joetoronto says: Dec 22, 2010 7:48 PM

I don’t get it, I’ve had no problems using my iPhone on this site.

Why would I need the app, what am I missing here?

14. sdboltaction says: Dec 22, 2010 8:30 PM

iFones have continued to lose market share to Android over the past year, get with it.

15. g3ts0me says: Dec 22, 2010 8:50 PM

looks like the droid plebs are out in force tonight.

the ipad app is truly beautiful

16. souser says: Dec 22, 2010 11:42 PM

Android is the future… dump the i(anything) ASAP to the 2nd tier burner.

17. doe22us says: Dec 22, 2010 11:46 PM

sweet on my iphone nuff said

18. effthaeffinjetsgofins says: Dec 23, 2010 12:28 AM

That’s why DROIDS suck, and iPhones RULE!

19. mborz says: Dec 23, 2010 8:27 PM

Got the updated app. Sending this comment from within the app. Nicely done.