Report: Jones-Drew won’t play, barring a miracle

Gary Brackett, Maurice Jones-Drew

Only 21 yards behind Texans running back Arian Foster for the NFL rushing lead, Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew won’t get a chance to overtake Foster on Sunday.

Unless Foster loses 21 yards or more against the Broncos.

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that, barring a miracle, Jones-Drew won’t play when the Jaguars host the Redskins on Sunday.

Glazer says that Jones-Drew’s knee remains swollen.

That sound you hear is a mad rush by the folks still playing fantasy football to add Rashad Jennings to their playoff rosters.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Jacksonville Jaguars, Rumor Mill, Top Stories, Washington Redskins
6 Responses to “Report: Jones-Drew won’t play, barring a miracle”
  1. hobartbaker says: Dec 24, 2010 2:46 PM

Don’t hold your breath waiting for Mo Jo. There is no such thing as a Boxing Day Miracle.

2. ratbastardshanahandjob says: Dec 24, 2010 7:13 PM

If only Jones-Drew had Timmy Rah Rah on his team. He would heal him……

3. joerevs300 says: Dec 24, 2010 7:29 PM

I basically stole MJD off of someone (when I was in first place) and I rode him to my FF final.

So Rashad Jennings, you’re next :) Thank goodness I saw something about this today, my other options were Ronnie Brown and Javard Best LOL

4. adx321 says: Dec 24, 2010 8:34 PM

joerevs300

Your league must suck MJD had an off year

5. 8man says: Dec 25, 2010 12:34 AM

With all due respect, it would be a miracle if the game he could have played in this coming Sunday meant anything. That game was last Sunday in Indy, when you and your team came up….just a bit short.

Sit this one, and the last one out Mo Jo. Season over.

6. bspurloc says: Dec 25, 2010 9:56 AM

nice in the superbowl and I have Rashad Jennings on the bench….. NOT ANYMORE!!!!