Kindle had more than twice the legal limit of alcohol in his system

Sergio Kindle

When Ravens linebacker Sergio Kindle was arrested Sunday for DUI, testing revealed a blood-alcohol concentration of 0.17 percent, according to the Baltimore Sun.

That’s twice the legal limit of 0.08.

Kindle says he was driving home with friends, which means either that they were foolish to ride with a drunk guy or that Kindle was the least drunk guy in the vehicle.

“I just want to apologize to the organization because I don’t want to bring a negative light to the team,” Kindle said.  “It was my mistake.  I can’t take it back now.”

Kindle’s rookie season was wiped out by a fractured skull suffered not long before training camp.  He supposedly fell down a flight of stairs in the dark.  The news of his 0.17 percent blood-alcohol concentration will serve only to fuel suspicion that he was fueled with the same kind of beverages at the time he suffered his head injury.

Kindle was arrested for DUI in 2007 and he crashed his car into a building two years later.  In the latter case, he claimed he was texting while driving.

“He’s got a track record for making really poor decisions,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Monday, per the Sun.  “He knows that.  That’s a problem.”

It’s a problem for the player, and it’s a problem for the team that invested a second-round pick in him during the 2010 draft.

Permalink 30 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
30 Responses to “Kindle had more than twice the legal limit of alcohol in his system”
  1. realitypolice says: Dec 28, 2010 7:41 AM

Shouldn’t a guy actually have to, you know, play linebacker for the Ravens before you refer to him as “Ravens Linebacker Sergio Kindle”?

At this point, I think I have as good a chance of ever playing linebacker for the Ravens as Kindle does.

2. harrisonhits2 says: Dec 28, 2010 7:45 AM

Wow the Ravens take a flyer on this guy even though he broke his own melon before they ever signed him, and this is how he repays the team who took a chance on him knowing the head injury might make it so he could potentially never play.

I hope he saved whatever money the Ravens have paid him already, Kindle is finished in the NFL. Ravens should cut this kid and send him on the way to the CFL, UFL or someplace where he’ll be asking if you “want some fries with your Whopper sir”.

3. steeltownpride says: Dec 28, 2010 7:50 AM

LOL way to go Ozzie . You stole this 2nd rounder from the 31 other teams in the league . And i think its safe to say from the rest of the league . Thank you very much . Happy Holidays from your friends at AA

4. chapnastier says: Dec 28, 2010 7:57 AM

“The news of his 0.17 percent blood-alcohol concentration will serve only to fuel suspicion that he was fueled with the same kind of beverages at the time he suffered his head injury.”

Orrrr maybe he tripped on a toy of a niece of nephew. Maybe he was tripped up by a small family pet. Maybe the power was out and he missed a step. See I can make stuff up too Mike.

5. cleverbob says: Dec 28, 2010 7:58 AM

If Kindle was drunk when he fell down those stairs he would have popped right up without a scratch.

6. thereisalwaysnextyear says: Dec 28, 2010 7:59 AM

Safe money is he’s a drunk. Not that one can’t get a DUI w/o being a drunk, but TWO and driving into buildings? And falling down the stairs? Hmm….

7. gforce90 says: Dec 28, 2010 8:02 AM

The only people with less intelligence than Sergio Kindle are those that believe James Harrison was actually going to retire during the season because the league was out to get him. Oh, wait a minute, I’m sorry Pittsburgh fans I guess I just called you out as dumber than Kindle, my fault. Let me restate that, the only people with less intelligence than Sergio Kindle are those that believe James Harrison was never arrested for beating up his girlfriend in 2008. Oops, sorry again Steeler fans. Let me restate that, the only people with less intelligence than Sergio Kindle are those that believe Ben Roethlisberger actually had a valid motorcycle license prior to almost killing himself in an accident. Again, I’m sorry Steeler fans if I insulted you. Actually I better stop here, the Roethlisberger material could go on all day. Go Ravens!

8. habsman says: Dec 28, 2010 8:29 AM

Terrell Suggs believes that Kindle belongs in the Pro Bowl.

9. brownsclown says: Dec 28, 2010 8:31 AM

The Ravens front office is a classy organization. They will prove it once again by cutting ties with this turd!

10. RexCanCoach says: Dec 28, 2010 8:36 AM

Glad the Jets passed up this guy in the draft. The N.Y. Jets don’t want bad character guys in their locker room, and certainly don’t want those types playing on the field wearing the Green and White.

Oh wait, nevermind.

11. myspaceyourface says: Dec 28, 2010 8:45 AM

@realitypolice

He has now has the criminal record to be a Baltimore linebacker. . . .I say it’s fair game.

12. steellady says: Dec 28, 2010 8:53 AM

Gforce–I dont see what the surprise is.. he fits right in there. They signed Donte..he actually killed s omeone while intoxicated behind the wheel..Ray Ray was out on the town the night he or his pal stabbed a man …hes perfect!
    Lol #
    thereisalwaysnextyear says: Dec 28, 2010 7:59 AM

LMAO o my .. lmao …the falling down the stairs is a guarantee he was drunk.. noone ever falls down stairs without alcohol -huh? LOL

13. myspaceyourface says: Dec 28, 2010 9:06 AM

Drives into building (sleeping disorder)

Falls down a flight of stairs makes the turn and falls down the 2nd flight of stairs. (sleeping disorder)

DUI twice the limit (sleeping disorder)

What’s the problem

14. tantrim says: Dec 28, 2010 9:07 AM

Some teams create an environment where these kind of players thrive Baltimore, Oakland, Eagles among others. The media only wants results so all is forgiven.

15. thebigtexas says: Dec 28, 2010 9:21 AM

It’s not THAT big of a problem for the Ravens though. Yes, you stated that they invested a 2nd round pick, but many teams miss on 2nd round choices.

The Ravens though have an easy out, since they have Kindle under a one year, minimum pay contract due to him falling down some stairs. This isn’t a guy they invested into for a 4 year rookie contract.

I can think of a team not too far from Baltimore that had three 2nd round picks (Devin Thomas, Fred Davis, and Malcolm Kelly), when they could’ve picked Ray Rice or DeSean Jackson in that span.

16. gregjennings85 says: Dec 28, 2010 9:26 AM

Get this guy a beer, already!

17. dman19 says: Dec 28, 2010 9:28 AM

Whoa!!–Thank god he’s only Stallworths driver…

18. meso0rnery says: Dec 28, 2010 9:38 AM

—————————————————————-
    Or it could mean that the only other option was calling Donte Stallworth to come pick them up.

19. ihitbombs says: Dec 28, 2010 9:41 AM

He will be a starting linebacker after he goes and kills someone, and when he gets out of jail obama will call him and congratulate him.

20. siantsarebest says: Dec 28, 2010 9:51 AM

dont matter they wont win the super bowl the saints have that locked up becuase we have people on our team that dont get arrested we know how to draft good players and good people.
    who dat we dat

21. mike83ri says: Dec 28, 2010 9:55 AM

chapnastier says:
    Dec 28, 2010 7:57 AM

—————————
    Except it was at like 4am when he was sleeping on a friend’s couch for the night. After falling down one flight of stairs, he proceeded to fall down a second. How often do people fall down TWO flights of stairs while crashing on a friends couch sober? It’s been more than speculated since it happened by almost everyone, he’s not just making it up.

22. tv426 says: Dec 28, 2010 10:02 AM

Leading up to the draft, my team was rumored to have an eye on this guy. I’m SO glad they didn’t take him.

23. maddog111 says: Dec 28, 2010 10:18 AM

gforce90 says:
    Dec 28, 2010 8:02 AM
    ———————————————–
    The only person with less intelligence than all stated above is the one who took the time to type all of it and think it was actually clever or funny.

24. jsratx says: Dec 28, 2010 10:39 AM

Another fine product from the University of Texas.

25. kingjoe1 says: Dec 28, 2010 10:47 AM

“…and the award for Stupid Toolbag of the year goes to Sergio Kindle…”

26. dg0122 says: Dec 28, 2010 10:49 AM

Sergio has all the talent in the world. Here’s hoping he gets his act together before it’s too late

27. coloradothistle says: Dec 28, 2010 10:59 AM

He’s a hard guy to read.

28. richm2256 says: Dec 28, 2010 12:20 PM

dg0122 says:
    Dec 28, 2010 10:49 AM

————————————————–
    Umm…… pretty sure that ship has sailed.

29. bebopa says: Dec 28, 2010 5:34 PM

He probably can kiss his Ravens career goodbye

30. carson9 says: Jan 1, 2011 9:41 PM

Ozzie gets too much credit for his drafts, and then gets this dud. lol.