Pro Bowler Brandon Lloyd has a two-word message for his former teams

Brandon Lloyd, Jason Allen

Cee Lo Green ain’t got nothin’ on Brandon Lloyd.

The Broncos arranged a press conference on Tuesday for Lloyd, the only member of the team who made it to the Pro Bowl after the franchise’s toilet bowl season.  And near the end of the session, Lloyd was asked if he wanted to say “told you so” to the three teams for which he previously played — the 49ers, Redskins, and Bears.

Said Lloyd, per Mike Klis of the Denver Post:  ”No, I want to say, ‘F–k you.’  And I mean that in the most professional way.”

Klis said that the “F” bomb was delivered “half-good naturedly, half-seriously.”

Either way, we think that the most pointed and biting two-word phrase in the English language should now be chased whenever uttered with the disclaimer, “And I mean that in the most professional way.”

Permalink 40 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
40 Responses to “Pro Bowler Brandon Lloyd has a two-word message for his former teams”
  1. trimgod69 says: Dec 29, 2010 5:05 AM

when did lloyd play for the bears?

2. patriotscpfc says: Dec 29, 2010 5:39 AM

Forget You?

3. darthvader89 says: Dec 29, 2010 5:39 AM

Good for Brandon Lloyd

4. descendency says: Dec 29, 2010 5:51 AM

Glad to see someone not so uptight.

Good for him.

5. bartpkelly says: Dec 29, 2010 5:53 AM

Hardly news and hardly I told you so…if you ask those teams they would say that ‘he has talent, no doubt, but he isn’t using it here. Maybe he will grow up/develop somewhere else but it isn’t working for us here.’

6. discosucs2005 says: Dec 29, 2010 6:03 AM

All his former teams have a similar message.

7. kmdp4 says: Dec 29, 2010 6:04 AM

So he sucked in all those cities, he has one good year in his entire career and now it’s there fault. As a fan of one of those teams I have a few words for Lloyd. Go f-ck you yourself.

8. akpackfan says: Dec 29, 2010 6:15 AM

Damn. Called that when I saw the title. Didn’t think that would actually be what it was though. Go Brandon Lloyd. The only question now is how will Fidel Goodell punish him for dropping an F bomb?

9. thereisalwaysnextyear says: Dec 29, 2010 7:32 AM

Well if you had played like you got paid it wouldn’t be an issue. Why don’t you give the Redskins all that money back? $500k per catch. He played like a joke in D.C. Here’s what he should have said.

“I’m sorry I stole all that money from the Skins and Bears, and I’m embarrased it’s taken me EIGHT years to play up to my potential.” EIGHT YEARS.

10. 2010httr4eva says: Dec 29, 2010 7:36 AM

hey lloyd…thanks for coming to the redskins and dropping every ball…wait that was the Redskins fault….

11. skins23 says: Dec 29, 2010 7:37 AM

The fact that he said this tells you all you need to know about Lloyd.

If he was a true professional, he might have had success in those other cities.

But hes a lazy bum who was as focused on rapping as he was football.

He sucked on those teams and now he has one good year on a bad team.

Loser.

12. jwil444 says: Dec 29, 2010 7:41 AM

What a great quote, something I often mutter myself regarding some of your posts. In the most profesional way, of course!

13. brownsclown says: Dec 29, 2010 7:44 AM

Learned this highly articulate comment from his speech coach, Brady Quinn.

Quinn is also helping him with his game day attire by teaching him how to impeccibly place his cape, hat and eye black.

Fortunately for Broncos fans he is learning his on field performance from God’s Child, Tim Tebow.

14. daddyb1gdrawz says: Dec 29, 2010 8:17 AM

Bwaahahaha!!! I love it. Im glad to see him finally make the pro bowl. He actually showed glimpses of being a quality receiver while with the 49ers so this isnt a big surprise. Good for you B-Lloyd. Dust yo shoulders off homie.

15. fergie22 says: Dec 29, 2010 8:32 AM

hey brandon if you had you know actually caught a pass in one of those other cities and not acted like the jack wad you really arethey might have kept i know we bear fans couldn`t wait to see your skinny ass leaving town

16. wvuandsteelers says: Dec 29, 2010 8:40 AM

LOL. He just moved up on my favorite players list.

17. Jack Burton says: Dec 29, 2010 8:51 AM

He and TO both won me a few games in FF this year.

18. steely185 says: Dec 29, 2010 8:52 AM

That’s funny because all I remember him doing in Washington was catching 2 passes his last season there bringing his total over two years to 25 with a fumble and ZERO touchdowns. All he was ever good for was making bad music and stealing paychecks.

19. moochzilla says: Dec 29, 2010 9:16 AM

Couldn’t he have just had his agent make this statement? Then he could deny it today and support it tomorrow. And people would call him ‘classy’ for having done so!

20. realitypolice says: Dec 29, 2010 9:18 AM

I think the teams that were forced to cut him because of his lame performance should say F*** You to him for wasting their time and money.

I love when guys do this. Spend years giving half a***d efforts and poor performances, and then when the lightbulb finally goes on when they realize their next organization will be one that serves hamburgers, they blame all of the organizations that took a chance on them for their past failures.

By the way, let’s see how Lloyd does if the Broncos don’t have as much of a run and gun system next year or, heaven forbid, they aren’t playing from 3 touchdowns down every game.

21. jrizzo575 says: Dec 29, 2010 9:19 AM

well, on behalf of the ‘Skins, Brandon, we’d like to say f you, you worthless wannabee gansta rapper, for stealing money whilst in DC.

You are a bag o’ dung.

22. realitypolice says: Dec 29, 2010 9:20 AM

moochzilla says:
    Dec 29, 2010 9:16 AM
    ======================

You must be a proud graduate of the Syracuse University Donovan X. McNabb School of Public Relations.

23. brintfarvruhsux says: Dec 29, 2010 9:20 AM

I often say that to my former employers! ha ha ha

24. bleedblue18 says: Dec 29, 2010 9:35 AM

Funny, I remember when he played for those other teams, HE SUCKED.

Good for you though Brandon, good year. But as they say even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

25. pukey60 says: Dec 29, 2010 9:41 AM

Classy

26. gallopingghost says: Dec 29, 2010 9:43 AM

right back at you, Lloyd. Don’t act like it’s anyone elses fault you took this long to get your shiyat together

27. chucknoll says: Dec 29, 2010 9:45 AM

your still in the same spot as the 9ers and skins LOL maybe f the bears LOL

28. cup1981 says: Dec 29, 2010 10:29 AM

when did lloyd play for the bears?

———————————————–

I hope your being sarcastic, but if not… 2008.

29. cup1981 says: Dec 29, 2010 10:30 AM

trimgod69 says:
    Dec 29, 2010 5:05 AM
    when did lloyd play for the bears?

————————————————-

I hope your being sarcastic, but if not… 2008.

30. richm2256 says: Dec 29, 2010 10:32 AM

First the Donks have a horrible season, then Spygate II and a pack of lies, then McDaniels gets fired, and now this.

Can’t ANYONE in Denver show a LITTLE class?

31. cincyorangenblack says: Dec 29, 2010 10:38 AM

good for him…ha

32. boysroll says: Dec 29, 2010 10:48 AM

I think everybody that has played for the 4skins would love to say that too…LMAO.

33. packerrube13 says: Dec 29, 2010 10:48 AM

And Roger Goodell is currently searching for which charity to donate this fine to…

34. sumnerite says: Dec 29, 2010 10:50 AM

In 2008, Lloyd signed a one-year deal with the Chicago Bears after they released of Muhsin Muhammad and the loss of Bernard Berrian to the Minnesota Favre’s. The move reunited him with Bears offensive coordinator Ron Turner, who was Lloyd’s head coach at Illinois. Lloyd had a successful start to his career in Chicago, establishing himself as a favorite target of quarterback Kyle Orton, with 15 catches in his first four games……however……..he’ll still regret his comment when he matures.

35. shorttracknews says: Dec 29, 2010 11:05 AM

I think Tebow put him up to it.

And no offense, but you can’t say that after you failed with 3 teams. When the Bears dropped Cedric Benson (after drafting him) and he went to Cincy I could see a FU moment cause he got redemption and resurrected his career after initially failing. When you fail 3 times…is it really about the teams?

36. sullijo1 says: Dec 29, 2010 12:01 PM

This “toilet bowl” season for the Broncos is their worst season in 40 years…..but, to put it in perspective…..they have as many wins as the KC Chiefs won each of the past THREE years..wow.

Worse (for their draft standing), they could actually win MORE games this year than the Chiefs won any of the past 3 years.

I can’t believe we didn’t hear much about how bad KC was because…… knowing how bad Denver was this year….the Chiefs may have had the all-time 3 year worst performance in NFL history.

37. texasphinsfan says: Dec 29, 2010 12:28 PM

I love it because its unfiltered. He didn’t give us that PC crap about thanking all his previous stops.

I love it

38. stealthscorpio says: Dec 29, 2010 12:42 PM

Yo Brandon: It takes $50 to make me holla, I get paid to do the wild thang…

39. slickzmoney says: Dec 29, 2010 1:27 PM

I’m sure this year was the aberration and he will go back to sucking soon enough especially with Tebow throwing him the ball next year.

40. patpatriotagain says: Dec 29, 2010 3:09 PM