Tucker Carlson: Michael Vick should have been executed

vick

In the two days since Peter King first reported on Football Night in America that President Obama had applauded the Eagles for giving Michael Vick a second chance, the story has moved from the sports world into cable news — where there have been some harsh comments for Vick and for Obama.

On Monday there was a fierce debate on Fox News Channel about the matter, but that was nothing compared to what Tucker Carlson said on Tuesday about Vick.

“I’m a Christian, I’ve made mistakes myself, I believe fervently in second chances,” Carlson said. “But Michael Vick killed dogs, and he did in a heartless and cruel way. And I think, personally, he should’ve been executed for that. He wasn’t, but the idea that the President of the United States would be getting behind someone who murdered dogs?”

Video here.

If Carlson supports the death penalty for involvement in dog fighting, his version of Christianity is more of the Old Testament than New Testament variety. For its part the White House says that the purpose of Obama’s call to Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie was to discuss the use of alternative energy at Lincoln Financial Field, and that when the subject of Vick came up, Obama said that he condemns Vick’s crimes but believes convicted criminals should have a chance to contribute to society when they are released from prison.

Permalink 234 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
234 Responses to “Tucker Carlson: Michael Vick should have been executed”
  1. passionburnswithin says: Dec 29, 2010 10:40 AM

2. umcouldbe says: Dec 29, 2010 10:40 AM

Wow. Imagine if Tucker Carlson’s opinionated mattered.

3. raiderinpa says: Dec 29, 2010 10:41 AM

Executed?? DANG!!! Id admit, what he did was unforgiveable but DANG!! This guy must be related to Lorraina Bobbitt!!

4. pervyharvin says: Dec 29, 2010 10:43 AM

Vick was executed last night by the Minnesota Viking defense. I think Antoine Winfield wore the black mask…

5. bordner says: Dec 29, 2010 10:43 AM

Bowtie-wearing, attention-seeking dbag says what?

6. thereisalwaysnextyear says: Dec 29, 2010 10:43 AM

Tucker, they were dogs. I LOVE dogs and have had one my whole life. I consider it a member of the family, so much so that my current dog has two artificial knees.

When people(Tucker) say stupid stuff like this it ruins the credibility of anything else they say. What an idiot. Executed? C’mon man!!!

7. raythestabber says: Dec 29, 2010 10:44 AM

“For its part the White House says that the purpose of Obama’s call to Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie was to discuss the use of alternative energy at Lincoln Financial Field, and that when the subject of Vick came up, Obama said that he condemns Vick’s crimes but believes convicted criminals should have a chance to contribute to society when they are released from prison.”

Does anyone believe anything this administration says? What a joke

8. geauxjay says: Dec 29, 2010 10:45 AM

Too bad Scooter Libby didn’t play football.

9. connie73 says: Dec 29, 2010 10:45 AM

Shame Shame on Fox. To let this man say this without punishment is very sad. Give a talking head a talk show and this is all he can say.
    Shame Shame on Fox

10. blaz0037 says: Dec 29, 2010 10:45 AM

MVP for Vick. Most Violent Player.

11. poodawg says: Dec 29, 2010 10:47 AM

Chalk this up to Fox News and their anti-anything Obama does campaign.

If Obama had not said anything about Vick, Fox would be saying nothing about Vick.

12. JeffreyAuburnDixon says: Dec 29, 2010 10:47 AM

The only thing dumber than Fox News is the people that watch it.

13. yourwhathurts says: Dec 29, 2010 10:47 AM

Look I like animals as much as anyone, but I think this is just another D-list commentator trying to get his name back out there, because I along with most people out there have no idea who he is.

14. flyerscup2010 says: Dec 29, 2010 10:47 AM

…C’MON MAN.

15. giablommi says: Dec 29, 2010 10:47 AM

I have no problem with this statement.

I will give him this, Dog Drowny is a grade A con artist, he was lying and unremorseful right up to the day he went away, and the guy has gone a wonderful job in conning the gullible and naive American public into thinking that he has magically grown morals, a soul and a conscience in the last 3 years.

Well he hasn’t fooled me, and to you dopes who preach forgiveness and second chances only do so because this guy can run fast and/or is fun to watch on Sundays. If he was a pedophile, I believe you’d be just as forgiving as long as he entertains you and your empty, meaningless lives. If he couldn’t play football, you would be asking why is he back out on the street. You people are sickening hypocrites.

I say execute him. He is unredeemable worthless subhuman trash, and I don’t particularly care what the “good book” says about forgiveness.

To the Chamber, Drowny!!!

16. bjb304 says: Dec 29, 2010 10:48 AM

What it says on Wikipedia under “Family and Education” for Tucker Carlson:

His favorite football team is the Philadelphia Eagles and his favorite player is Michael Vick. Despite being a Vick fan, Carlson did remark on the December 28, 2010, edition of the Fox News program Hannity that Michael Vick “should have been executed for [dog fighting].”[9]

17. georgiavol91 says: Dec 29, 2010 10:48 AM

18. stealthjunk says: Dec 29, 2010 10:49 AM

Didn’t CNN “execute” Carlson a few years ago? How in the world does this no-talent guy have a job?

I strongly support the death penalty and I’m by no means a Vick or Eagles fan, but good lord, I hope someone executes Carlson for making such stupid remarks and does the gene pool a favor.

19. beefsbrother says: Dec 29, 2010 10:49 AM

If Carlson was looking for a way to eliminate any shred of credibility for the rest of his life, he did a great job here.

20. topherclosson says: Dec 29, 2010 10:49 AM

It’s people like him that give Christians a bad name. We’re suppose to forgive others just like the father would us. He said he makes mistakes too?! Well you just made another one. He should call himself Jewish if he’s going to use the old testament as a guidline.

21. tnphinsfan says: Dec 29, 2010 10:49 AM

“Thats racism man. I love to racism, bro!”

22. thejuddstir says: Dec 29, 2010 10:49 AM

I don’t necessarily agree with Carlson that Vick should’ve been “executed”, but I do get his point. There is no way that the President of the U.S. should even comment about someone like M. Vick. That discussion should be for psychologists and sports writers (lol). It is far too soon for people of the President’s stature to be including themselves in a discussion whether or not a convicted felon is “reformed”. Let’s not forget that shortly after Vick was released from prison he was “involved” in a shooting of his own cousin, the cousin that led to Vick’s dog killing life to be exposed. While Vick has been legally exonerated from involvement in that shooting, it doesn’t take an “Einstein” to read between the lines to figure out what actually took place. If my henchmen shoot a person I can obviously claim “no involvement”, especially when they are willing to take the fall for the act. Vick or any other convicted felon need to show me no less than 15-20 years of “good behavior” before I am ready to say they have changed and the President of the U.S. shouldn’t even involve himself in the discussion at all.

23. FinFan68 says: Dec 29, 2010 10:49 AM

Tucker is a moron. He sometimes makes a decent point but this comment was ridiculous. Just a pompous idiot. BTW…Vick has not served a single day in jail for “killing” dogs. He did time for the gambling ring/dog fighting.

24. flyerscup2010 says: Dec 29, 2010 10:49 AM

I wonder if he’d tell Michael Vick to his face that he personally believes he shouldn’t be allowed to be alive right now.

He wouldn’t, because he’s a blowhard coward. This has absolutely nothing to do with politics and absolutely everything to do with being a tool. What a total scumbag.

25. burntorangehorn says: Dec 29, 2010 10:50 AM

Carlson wouldn’t have made such an extreme statement about Vick had Obama not defended him.

I really like Obama and most of what he’s done, but his statement really irked me. That said, Carlson’s wrong. I don’t think Vick has any business putting on an NFL uniform ever again, but executing him would be idiotic.

26. acmepacker says: Dec 29, 2010 10:52 AM

Carlson is a Christian? Good thing he told us because it’s kind of hard to tell. I thought Christians were about redemption. At least that was what I was taught. People change, and for whatever the reason for it, I believe Vick had an epiphany.

27. myasylum11 says: Dec 29, 2010 10:53 AM

Who cares. Its just another opinion.
    I don’t think he should have been allowed back to the NFL at all! Does anyone care what I think? No of course not. So who cares what this guy has to say either. It’s just yet another opinion!

28. n0hopeleft says: Dec 29, 2010 10:54 AM

Carlson will have his wish.

When Vick blows the Eagles chances of winning it all (if he didn’t already), they will execute him just as they did McNabb.

Karma is a mofo.

The Philadelphia Eagles: Choke artists of the century!

29. pastabelly says: Dec 29, 2010 10:54 AM

I guess your point is that “Christians” should be against the death penalty and not really football related. Maybe Carlson went overboard on this one. But let’s face it. Vick, and anybody else who tortures and kils dogs, is criminally demented. That’s a fact. That he served time in prison for his actions allows him to resume his life and pursue his career. But the whole Obama involvement is somewhat creepy. Of course, there are other issues in Vick’s history including the “Ron Mexico” days where he had sex with women without disclosing that he had the herpes virus.

30. jimmysee says: Dec 29, 2010 10:54 AM

If we are going to begin to redefine what constitutes a capital crime, how about wearing dumb bow ties on television and making stupid statements.

31. blarch says: Dec 29, 2010 10:55 AM

Yes, let’s give Tucker a bigger market. By all means. You guys should air Tuckers Weekly Thoughts on Sports. Think of the Children.

32. shackdelrio says: Dec 29, 2010 10:56 AM

Tucker Carlson still has a job?

33. pedsaregoodforsports says: Dec 29, 2010 10:56 AM

This man is no Christian.

34. abengalfan says: Dec 29, 2010 10:57 AM

Who is Carslon Tucker and why should I care what he thinks?

35. hockey64 says: Dec 29, 2010 10:57 AM

Tucker Carlson the “partisan hack” who wears a bowtie. Just shutup, someone please send Jon Stewart out to get his current show cancelled like Crossfire.

36. tiffpats4eva says: Dec 29, 2010 10:57 AM

The guy who has been run off every (Left, Right, Center) 24 hour news channel says what?

I’m a dog lover, a pet parent/dog owner, and Pro Life Christian and I can separate killing dogs from murdering/killing babies and/or human beings.

37. realitypolice says: Dec 29, 2010 10:58 AM

flyerscup2010 says:
    Dec 29, 2010 10:49 AM
    ======================

I always love this argument.

Listen, I completely disagree with Carlson, obviously we shouldn’t execute people for animal cruelty, but what exactly are you trying to say here?

What does the fact that Mike Vick could beat up Tucker Carlson have to do with any of this?

38. myspaceyourface says: Dec 29, 2010 11:00 AM

Animals vs. Humans

1. People don’t get this upset over all of the aborted humans

2. People don’t get this upset over the death penalty

3. People seem to have an unhealthy relationship w/ animals

While what Vick did was horrible and mean, it doesn’t compare to human life. . .

39. carryingweight says: Dec 29, 2010 11:01 AM

Pervyharvin you beat me to it. Respect.

40. deathmaskdivine says: Dec 29, 2010 11:01 AM

You morons believe he was serious, lol.

Oh and I love in the post how you simply state Vick was involved in dog fighting. Not one mention of the brutal torture he imposed on the dogs. Not one mention of the fact of how he beat dogs to death, just that he was “involved in dog fighting”.

Sorry either a person is capable of such acts or they are not and if you are, you cannot be “reformed”. I do think he should have been allowed back because you shouldn’t be able to stop somebody from working but we haven’t heard the last of Vick committing crimes.

41. meattuperello says: Dec 29, 2010 11:02 AM

It wouldn’t break my heart to have someone put this POS down. He doesn’t deserve to be playing in the NFL, and that is Goodell’s biggest mistake by letting the motherless POS back in the game.

He should have been kicked out again after his birthday party and should have landed back in prison for associating with felons which in this case translates into friends in family.

On that note he would still be in a Virginia prison if it wasn’t for him having the local racist DA in his back pocket tipping him off and taking care of him like family..

Watching him jump around in the locker room after that Giants game just showed the true Mike Vick and not the fake one that put out in front of cameras 9 times out of 10.

He will make some wrong choices and be back in prison before long.

Screw him and every single person that supports him. It is that simple.

42. iluvwikileaks says: Dec 29, 2010 11:02 AM

I still watch the clip of Jon Stewart mopping the floor with Tucker Carlson on CNN’s crossfire.

Right-wing loonies

43. ghostpeppers says: Dec 29, 2010 11:03 AM

A paw for a paw

44. nittanylion0 says: Dec 29, 2010 11:05 AM

@georgiavol91: That’s all well and good… But Carlson is a conservative commentator, not a liberal.

45. realitypolice says: Dec 29, 2010 11:06 AM

thereisalwaysnextyear says:
    Dec 29, 2010 10:43 AM
    =================

So is your dog listed as “doubtful” or “game time decision” for this weekend?

46. bigtrav425 says: Dec 29, 2010 11:06 AM

i expect nothing less from Fox news or anyone who is on that station or watches it…this douche is prolly one of the people who dont believe in torturing terrorists but wants to execute a man for killing a dog

47. rhf123 says: Dec 29, 2010 11:07 AM

Sadly, this is what modern-day Christianity has become: a religion of the power elite with mercy specifically restricted to those who have money and prestige and with no room for forgiveness and down-right contempt for the poor. I think Jesus came just for people like Mike Vick, to give those who society has given up on a chance to pick themselves up.

Mr. Carlson should be fired on the spot but instead, seeing that he was on Fox News, he will be promoted and given his own show. Pathetic.

48. ballotpull says: Dec 29, 2010 11:08 AM

faux news? is this a new reality show or something? Never heard of such a stupid thing…..

49. dboom says: Dec 29, 2010 11:10 AM

Amen!

50. richm2256 says: Dec 29, 2010 11:10 AM

Wow. Execute him?

Gotta roll that one around a bit.

What Vick did was despicable; torturing dogs, beating dogs, electrocuting dogs, forcing them to fight to their death, smashing dogs to the ground until they’re dead, drowning dogs. Sick, twisted mother for doing all of that, let alone the gambling operation, the lying right to the top, the herpes crap, the water bottle crap, etc.

But executing him for it?

I definitely think that before Vick was allowed back in society, perhaps they could have given him a taste of his own medicine with beatings, water-boarding, shock treatments, put in a cage with other inmates to fight until one of them was unconcious while guards bet on the winner…….

but have to say “no” to executing him.

Besides, it’s more fun to see his career die a slow death by being publicly humiliated by the Vikings on national television. Pardon the pun, but last night, Mr. MVP played …… like a dog.

51. andrewisker says: Dec 29, 2010 11:10 AM

First of all, Mr. Smith, there is no dichotomy in Christian theology between the Old Testament and the New Testament beyond that page between Malachi and Matthew.

Second, there is no law in the Old Testament applying the death penalty with regard to killing animals. The only application of the death penalty with regard to animals is bestiality. So unless Tucker Carlson is privy to something Michael Vick did with his dogs that we aren’t, Tucker Carlson is much closer to Christian heretic practicing animal idolatry than Christian.

52. benh999 says: Dec 29, 2010 11:12 AM

Maybe he should’ve just wished Vick got AIDS from a transfusion. Then he could be worthy of PBS.

53. ultimatebriand says: Dec 29, 2010 11:12 AM

Yep, that’s what I’d expect from a guy like this. Another loud mouth making Christians look ignorant and holier-then-thou.

That’s all we needed…

54. zoxitic says: Dec 29, 2010 11:12 AM

That bow tie of his has always been tied way too tightly.

55. chucknoll says: Dec 29, 2010 11:19 AM

GO STEELERS!

56. sintaxair says: Dec 29, 2010 11:20 AM

Knowing Fox News this is grounds for his own show!

57. kaakwha says: Dec 29, 2010 11:21 AM

Tucker Carlson is a tool for Fox and Murdoch.
    I give absolutely no credibility to anything he says (or to Fox network- if by network you mean zombie nitwits who will say anything for ratings.)
    Carlson sold his soul to Fox and he should be ashamed of himself!

58. superfbfan says: Dec 29, 2010 11:22 AM

Wow!! By far the dumbest quote of the year!! Whats next…probation for hitting a deer with your car…dude needs to loosen his bow-tie….

59. ampats says: Dec 29, 2010 11:22 AM

Where are all the genuises that thought Vick should be the MVP over Brady ??

What happened to the Number #2 seed ?

BOOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHHHHHH worry about the wildcard vs Packers/Saints.

I would be if I was an Eagles fan after that sorry display last night.

60. bohmore says: Dec 29, 2010 11:23 AM

All you people who agree with this joke are so hypocritical it isn’t even funny. If Vick fought and killed a bunch of roosters you people wouldn’t care at all. Since when did dogs become on the same level as a human being? I don’t agree with what Vick did at all, I think it was terrible, but he did his time and everything he that was asked of him. Who are you people to judge him. If this was you would you want people condemning you for the rest of your life? Who are you say he doesn’t feel sorry for what he did, can you read his mind? If Vick was a postal worker you wouldn’t care about this at all. But since he makes a lot of money playing football you get bent out of shape b/c you are jealous of his money and job plain and simple. He asked the NFL to come back and they said yes, so be mad at NFL not him.

61. tiffpats4eva says: Dec 29, 2010 11:24 AM

pastabelly,

Umm, what’s creepy about Obama applauding the owner of the Eagles for their move to alternative energy, and then thanking them for giving a former inmate a second chance because most felons coming out of prison don’t usually get a second chance?

Is it creepy because you don’t like Obama?

It’s a bit disingenuous to label that creepy.

62. scytherius says: Dec 29, 2010 11:27 AM

What a coincidence. I feel the EXACT same way about Tucker Carlson.

63. joe6606 says: Dec 29, 2010 11:27 AM

When a-holes like F_cker Carlson are permitted to say trash such as this on the airways, it makes me start to think that China’s squashing of free speech is a good thing.

STFU man…

I’m a huge Vick hater (think he’s always been overrated/underperformer)

I’m a Republican

and I think this has to be the most retarded thing I’ve ever read.

People kill other people every damn day, and many never see the insides of a prison cell, or go for very brief periods (esp drunk drivers).

He served his time for killing animals..not someone’s pet. animals that were bred and raised for no reason other than to kill or be killed.

Leave Vick alone

64. andyr2120 says: Dec 29, 2010 11:28 AM

“TC is an absolute moron. I can’t decide if he should be kicked off TV forever, or stay on TV to show the world why Liberals should never be in charge of anything more important than a popsicle stand.”
    ———————–

Carlson is Conservative, but I think we will agree that someone like him should never be in charge of anything…

65. mean13 says: Dec 29, 2010 11:28 AM

raythestabber says: Dec 29, 2010 10:44 AM

“Does anyone believe anything this administration says? What a joke”

Maybe a handful of fools but no one with brain cells.

66. bohmore says: Dec 29, 2010 11:28 AM

pastabelly says:
    Dec 29, 2010 10:54 AM
    ————————————-
    You killed insects in your house dont you? So you must be criminally demented, right? Why do dogs get a pass but that spider (you could have tossed outside) gets smashed? All those hamburgers you eat, those cows get a rod through their head, where’s the justice? People love to pick a choose but they cant have it both ways.

67. vtsquirm says: Dec 29, 2010 11:29 AM

giablommi, i think you bring up some interesting points. you’re probably right about Vick. If he wasn’t a football player, the public probably wouldn’t care if he got a 2nd chance or not (they probably wouldn’t know about him, in which case he would have a 2nd chance because there would be no public backlash). We certainly would be hesistant to give a pedophile another chance as well. But pedophiles have restrictions in place so that they are “watched” going forward. I think it would be appropriate to have Vick monitored in a similar fashion.

I’d like to know how you know Vick is deceiving everyone though. True, he certainly has a motive to do so. But why have prisons if no one can be reformed?

68. maxelrod89 says: Dec 29, 2010 11:30 AM

georgiavol91 says: Dec 29, 2010 10:48 AM

Hey Georgia, TC is a conservative, not a liberal. But otherwise I agree, his people (conservative idealogues, not all conservatives) should not be in charge of anything more important than a popsicle stand.

69. flyinhighwithvick says: Dec 29, 2010 11:30 AM

I think Tucker Carlson should be executed. I’d be willing to “flip the switch” too.

70. kennyrogerschicken says: Dec 29, 2010 11:31 AM

Neat bow tie, Mr. Peanut.

71. burntorangehorn says: Dec 29, 2010 11:33 AM

It’s funny that Carlson felt he needed to state what his religion is as some sort of caveat. All that did was make his religion look worse.

72. mgavin78 says: Dec 29, 2010 11:34 AM

Tucker is a attention whore.. He is getting just what he wants. A true Christian forgives people for wrong doings. Vick made a horrible mistake and has paid his price for the crime.

73. jvw1982 says: Dec 29, 2010 11:38 AM

Fox News????? Please… when was the last time something of substance was said on fox news?
    I guess they’re still on that shut up you uppity black guy thing lol…….

Notice to all fox news watchers……….

The POTUS can have an opinion on anything he wants to, so deal with it……

74. burntorangehorn says: Dec 29, 2010 11:40 AM

georgiavol91 says:
    Dec 29, 2010 10:48 AM
    ============================
    Haha, Tucker Carlson is a liberal?

When did that happen? He’s always been an establishment right-winger, and in fact is part of Cato.

75. xtb3 says: Dec 29, 2010 11:42 AM

What about for QBs who PURPOSELY tried to lose last night?

I’ve watched Vick since day 1 of his career -NEVER before did he purposely and continually try to give the ball away, either by reckless fumbles or by throwing the ball on target to the defensive backs like he did last night.

Who got to him before this game yesterday? A football gambling operation or his old gambling on dogs buddies?

76. crabcakeandfootball1 says: Dec 29, 2010 11:42 AM

nittanylion0 says:
    Dec 29, 2010 11:05 AM
    —————————-
    I was thinking the same thing. How can one think otherwise when TC is a Fox News employee? But, it is the holiday season, which accompanies frequent drinking.

77. laxer37 says: Dec 29, 2010 11:42 AM

Fox News taking the opposite opinion of the President? Shocking!

I’ll bet only three people at Fox News even knew who Vick was until Obama gave an opinion on the matter.

78. cardsmac says: Dec 29, 2010 11:42 AM

Carlson needs publicity and is most likely jealous Vick, a felon, will receive a much larger contract than Carlson could ever hope to see.

Considering most released felons are undereducated and lack any professional skills on top of their felon status, it’s quite difficult for most released felons to find work. Obama should comment on Vick because he sets a positive example for a country with one of the highest incarceration rates in the world.

79. carsteve says: Dec 29, 2010 11:43 AM

Fox News – destroying America’s credibility one hour at a time.

I think it’s safe to say that nothing coming out of Fox news is credible in the slightest.

80. wtfchiefs says: Dec 29, 2010 11:44 AM

I think we should execute Fox News.

81. olcap says: Dec 29, 2010 11:45 AM

What this guy said is ridiculous, BUT

What President Obama said is also ridiculopus, in view of the fact that Michael Vick has received more than ONE “second” chance.

Like all thugs, Vick will return to his thug ways at some point, and then everyone who seems to think this piece of detritus now, will be doing some serious back-pedaling.

82. flyerscup2010 says: Dec 29, 2010 11:47 AM

“realitypolice says:
    Dec 29, 2010 10:58 AM
    flyerscup2010 says:
    Dec 29, 2010 10:49 AM
    ======================

I always love this argument.

Besides, if Carlson said it to Vick’s face, MV probably wouldn’t do anything because he’s on probation. His brother would just have someone shoot him in the parking lot.”

my point was never that vick WOULD do something. my point was that carlson WOULDN’T do it.

83. realitypolice says: Dec 29, 2010 11:48 AM

andrewisker says:
    Dec 29, 2010 11:10 AM
    =======================

Ladies and gentleman, The Mikey for “paragraph you never thought you’d read on PFT” goes to…….

84. igster1 says: Dec 29, 2010 11:48 AM

fox news sucks. yeah vick got a second chance but how many dogs got a second chance. vick should still be in prison.

85. artbymarilyn says: Dec 29, 2010 11:49 AM

Hey, I work with team efa and abused animals round the world. It was an inexcusable act. Marilyn of http://www.artbymarilyn.net looped to etsy You do know rthat any person who can hurt any criter and easily hurt a human being.

86. sullijo1 says: Dec 29, 2010 11:49 AM

Wait a second…..

Fox News is supposedly pro-Republican, but Animal Rights activists lean liberal-Democrat…..

What the heck is going on here…I would have expected those comments on the liberal mainstream media stations, not Fox.

87. help me says: Dec 29, 2010 11:51 AM

The real reason Vick got a second chance:

88. eastsidehunky says: Dec 29, 2010 11:53 AM

I disagree with Tucker on this, although he is often CORRECT.

Don’t know what the hoopla is about…they were DOGS, not humans. They don’t have an immortal soul. Baby humans do. Our marxist president is the most strident ABORTOHOLIC president ever and no one here has a problem with his continuous voting to kill human babies JUST BEFORE birth with partial birth abortions as an IL legislator??

Gimme a break. Hypocrites.

89. slatetundra07 says: Dec 29, 2010 11:58 AM

For making such a stupid comment as this…you sir, should be stoned!

Christianity ignorance, at its finest.

90. burntorangehorn says: Dec 29, 2010 11:59 AM

eastside, you are entitled to your own opinions, but not to your own facts.

91. eastsidehunky says: Dec 29, 2010 11:59 AM

#
    iluvwikileaks says: Dec 29, 2010 11:02 AM

Right-wing loonies
    ==========
    just muttering the daily slop the drive by left wing media offer eh? Those afraid of FoxNews have been lulled to sleep by the dominant left wing drive by state run media. Those, alas, are the unthinking zombies.

92. xtb3 says: Dec 29, 2010 12:00 PM

Vick got even last night with the NFL for suspending him! BIG TIME!

93. brintfatre says: Dec 29, 2010 12:00 PM

What Tucker Carlson said was stupid and shows he doesn’t deserve to be in the media…

But, Mike Vick needs to distance himself from Barack Hussein Obama. Being a convicted felon he needs to be careful what kind of people he associates with and watch his reputation closely… this is the kind of friend who can lead him in the wrong direction again.

94. dman19 says: Dec 29, 2010 12:02 PM

He meant Larry King..

95. cardiovascularendurance says: Dec 29, 2010 12:02 PM

The Bible is ridiculously outdated. Can’t we find some newer book and its main character to worship?

96. xtb3 says: Dec 29, 2010 12:05 PM

BTW

Tucker Carlson has worked fulltime on regular daily TV programs on these 3 news networks

1 – CNN
    2 – MSNBC
    3 – FOXNEWS

97. bobbyhoying says: Dec 29, 2010 12:06 PM

Christ is about changing the inner man through his Spirit indwelling the man. Only Mike Vick and Christ know if this has happened. None of the rest of us will know until some of us are with Christ in Heaven and find out who else accepted Christ’s forgiveness before they died. It’s very hard to accept that all sins can be forgiven, but were it not so, Christ would not have forgiven the criminal hanging next to him on the cross. Christianity is all about the grace of God, not the works of men.

98. kingjoe1 says: Dec 29, 2010 12:07 PM

Good for him. We need to use capital punishment much more often than we do in this country. Why waste a million dollars housing a violent criminal for 20 years? Kill the person and spend the million on something useful, like food for the poor.
    Obama has given more money to people who don’t work than any previous president. He has raised the cost of living for hard-working Americans to pay for these handouts. The NBC/Comcast deal is prime example of his backdoor taxes. He makes Comcast charge more to paying customers so that the poor can get free internet.
    Tucker was just saying what many Americans already have, this is not a big deal.

99. muchmaligned says: Dec 29, 2010 12:08 PM

Prescription is ready at the pharmacy window for eastsidehunky. Eastsidehunky, your precription is ready at the pharmacy window. Thank you.

100. nygiantstones says: Dec 29, 2010 12:09 PM

Why are you even posting anything that came from FOX ‘News’? Don’t waste our time with ignorant garbage.

101. gbelen34 says: Dec 29, 2010 12:13 PM

“I’m a Christian” from where? The day we begin executing people for crimes such as this we have went too far! Whatever religion is practiced here he obviously missed the forgiveness part if there is one? My bible clearly states there is!!!

102. iluvwikileaks says: Dec 29, 2010 12:15 PM

I am a progressive and defender of animal rights. I hate what Vick did. But, he doesn’t deserve the death penalty. He served his time in prision. He was punished for what he did. I hope he matures from this. A good, open-minded liberal also believes in redemption and second chances. So, that’s my take.

But, it’s funny to hear a right-wing whacko sounding like a spokesman for PETA. Ha!

Oh, yeah…

GO STEELERS!!

103. realitypolice says: Dec 29, 2010 12:17 PM

vtsquirm says:
    Dec 29, 2010 11:29 AM

===========================

Maybe he’s just playing the percentages. Vick in his life has:

-attempted to deceive authorities by having special water bottles with false bottoms to conceal drugs

-attempted to deceive bankruptcy courts by putting his money and assets into family and posse member’s names

-attempted to deceive investors in his companies while misappropriating their money

-attempted to deceive sexual partners by lying about being infected with Herpes and then receiving treatment under a fake name so they wouldn’t find out he had infected them

-attempted to deceive authorities by concealing his dog fighting operations in black buildings in the woods behind his mansion.

I guess giablommi is just skeptical that 18 months in prison could turn a lifetime criminal into first class solid citizen.

Especially one that is on probation and playing for a contract.

104. mobuccsfan says: Dec 29, 2010 12:19 PM

Okay, so this is exactly my big issue with Christianity, media/journalism and democracy/politics. They are all severely corrupt, misguided and broken. Fox News is the worst in my opinion but they are all terrible and everything is so manufactured. It’s like they are all a bunch of puppets, afraid to do any real journalism anymore, again, in my opinion.

For this man to go on TV and say something like that, well it’s as bad as politicians and public figures calling for Assange’s assassination. Please. Get real. Why not just let the justice system run it’s course with Assange as it almost has with Vick. Furthermore, why not find the moles and rats leaking the info…I would believe that is the more dangerous. If someone gives me information and it appears to be legit/credible, then I proceed to do a story. That is what media is supposed to do, so people are an informed public.

I used to love watching Vick and I’m a Bucs fan but what he did was still terrible. Yet, we must forgive and let people have an opportunity to redeem themselves and change. That is possible, regardless of what religious or political view you may hold.

Although Obama supports alternative energy and was calling primarily in regards to that, I agree the he has more important things to address and comment on then the Vick thing. However, (see,, I’m being fair, balanced and objective) the POTUS or any other public figure are entitled to opinions as well, thanks to that First Amendment deal some may want to read about in our Constitution. And also, they are often put on the spot and answer questions when asked. Isn’t that better, even if they don’t always tell the truth, than sitting, silent with a dumbfounded look upon their face? I would think so.

Overall, I think too many things get blown out of proportion but the things that are most pressing, important and matter most, get overlooked, barely discussed at all, which is another problem. Again, just my opinions.

105. rcali says: Dec 29, 2010 12:19 PM

Electrocute Animals, you get electrocuted. Should help prevent future morons from going that route. Right now punishment is a starting QB position in the NFL if you can get the work.

106. erawpd says: Dec 29, 2010 12:20 PM

———————————————-

Gimme a break. Hypocrites.

———————————————–

WHAT????

107. arnoldziffel says: Dec 29, 2010 12:20 PM

Dear Tucker,

Thanks for pointing out that you’re a Christian and all; without that tidbit I would have guessed you were a militant Islamic.

Of course, if we were to apply your pious standards across the board, that would mean at least half the Republican party will need to be executed before the next sunrise.

All this little runt is doing is wrapping himself in the American flag and dragging his cross behind him as he scurries over to the Fox offices to see if his ratings have gone up after his pale grab for attention.

Just racist bigot hypocrite looking for bigger ratings and a fatter paycheck at somebody else’s expense.

108. tiffpats4eva says: Dec 29, 2010 12:23 PM

eastsidehunky,

Marxist president? I thought he was in the pockets of Wall Street and the big banks.

Doctors take a Hippocratic oath to save the life of any human being, so that legislation was meaningless in that regard. That legislation was a backdoor attempt to ban Illinois’ legalized partial birth abortion.

BTW, I am against abortion in every way, but even I am smart enough and reasonable enough to know what that legislation actually meant.

109. lildude62692 says: Dec 29, 2010 12:27 PM

Tucker Carlson should be executed

110. luciano26 says: Dec 29, 2010 12:27 PM

Good Grief, execute him??

111. ice90 says: Dec 29, 2010 12:28 PM

C’mon guys, Tucker Carlson? He is about as relevant as Larry King.

What’s next, playoff analysis from Jenn Sterger and Inez Sainz?

112. importantpftcomment says: Dec 29, 2010 12:28 PM

There is a reason this moron works at Fox News, and it has nothing to do with his reporting ability.

113. nfl4ever says: Dec 29, 2010 12:30 PM

I generally like Tucker Carlson’s work and I have two wonderful dogs, but that was wayyyyy over the top.

Sometimes people say things like this and give Christians/Conservatives a bad rap, I would to see the bizarre things that Janene Garafalo and Bill Maher say get scrutinized like this in the mainstream media.

Fear not with Vick, he’s not very bright and will destroy himself (career-wise) eventually.

114. xxpatsxx says: Dec 29, 2010 12:34 PM

jvw1982 says:
    Dec 29, 2010 11:38 AM
    “…The POTUS can have an opinion on anything he wants to, so deal with it……”

========================

You are absolutely correct.

Having an opinion is everyone’s right but you might ask the Cambridge MA PD whether an INFORMED opinion is more worthy of a POTUS.

His endorsement of Vick is turning out to be the same ‘kiss of death’ as the political candidates he’s recently campaigned for. Deal with that.

115. bohmore says: Dec 29, 2010 12:35 PM

brintfatre: This is mainly about Vick not Obama. If you hated Obama so much next time make sure your party picks someone other that an Old man and a crazy women. I could have beat those two in a presidental race holding a joint in my hand and a 4 loko in the other.

116. JSpicoli says: Dec 29, 2010 12:41 PM

Vick did more than “dog fighting”

He callusly and violently murdered dogfs who were not fit for his illegal use. Tortured them into fighters, and did it while being a multi-millionaire, just for his sporting pleasure.

117. deiong says: Dec 29, 2010 12:45 PM

that guy has absolutely no idea what it means to be a christian. i cant stand the act of claiming to be christian, but haven’t the foggiest clue what it means. the guy needs to learn how to forgive people, cause god wont forgive him until he learns to forgive others. besides the sin wasn’t committed against him, and he is not the judge or jury in the case so he needs to shut up and just forgive already, and stop judging as god will use that same measure stick against you.

as for what vick did. people kill people and get far less. i think its a disgrace that laws protect animals more so then humans. i’m not saying his sentence was to light. but i’m glad that he took the time to grow up and has learned from it.
    if he truly hasn’t, well its his life to lead. hopefully he continues to think before doing stuff.

118. cliverush says: Dec 29, 2010 12:50 PM

It is a revelation to me seeing the anti Fox comments. When I watch the news I cannot fail to notice the liberal and conservative view points put forth on Fox. This is lacking on the other major network broadcasts. The line up of liberals on many of the networks does this nation a disservice. Both sides of an issue need to be discussed to reach a solution to problems. Carlson, who I do not agree with, has resorted to the tactics used by CNN, NBC , ABC, CBS and PBS. Only the Fox network has allowed both points of view to be heard. Many of you who are young and have been brainwashed by your college professors or prison guards should get your nose out of your Crackberries and read a little undoctored history. It is a revelation to understand that former members of the media supported this country and its’ values. People who obeyed the law used to be considered the ones to admire.

119. abninf says: Dec 29, 2010 12:52 PM

If someone electrocuted my dog to death would I want to execute them? Hell yes.

120. tpr3kids says: Dec 29, 2010 12:53 PM

fox news ha ha ha ha ha ha ha news what a joke hey Giablommi get a job or go watch fox we talk sports here

121. slickzmoney says: Dec 29, 2010 12:54 PM

Its not like we didn’t already know Carlson is a fool.

122. pack15forever says: Dec 29, 2010 12:56 PM

What a stupid thing to say. What Vick did was wrong and he was sent to prison because of it. Tucker Carlson should be neutered so that his idiocy can’t be passed on.

123. pondbridge says: Dec 29, 2010 12:57 PM

And forgettable preppie zero Tucker Carlson should be executed for the crime of being on Fox News. I’m white and Republican (before the religious crazies took it over) and this is all racial crap against Obama and Vick.

124. dallasbaby says: Dec 29, 2010 12:57 PM

bohmore says:
    Dec 29, 2010 11:23 AM

You are wonderful. I completely agree. I would like to send you a bouquet or a holiday wreath.

125. themage78 says: Dec 29, 2010 12:58 PM

————————————————-
    Story I read was he called about Vick, the green thing was a secondary part of the call. This is just spin so the White House doesn’t get flak over having the president call about Vick.

It doesn’t matter that Vick is getting a second chance, it won’t be long if he keeps taking the beating he is. Eagles 1 and done in the playoffs because Vick is playing like $4!t right now.

126. dallassux says: Dec 29, 2010 1:01 PM

pervyharvin says:
    Dec 29, 2010 10:43 AM

Remind me again what time that viking playoff game is? EXACTLY!

Maybe can hire the players to fix that roof in that toilet of a stadium. They will have plenty of time.

127. trixstal says: Dec 29, 2010 1:03 PM

From most reports, Obama (you know Washington, Adams, and Jefferson spin in their graves when this guy’s name is mentioned) opened up his conversation with the comments on Vick, and was very enthusiastic about it. That’s what the Eagles head said. So, ugh, Obummer, right away made his personal point of the call known.

Yeah, he wants to talk about energy. Took him how long to go see the oil spill? Has the guy been to Arizona to deal with all the crime going on at the borders? Can the guy pass up one celebrity function? Does Oprah really have a special phone line in the Oval Office? Can the guy not take a vacation every two weeks? Can he…..JUST GO AWAY!

One-And-Done!

128. annieneroda says: Dec 29, 2010 1:03 PM

129. macdogg53 says: Dec 29, 2010 1:04 PM

Between Obama and Carlson, clearly only one of them knows what being a Christian means. Claiming to be a Christian but rejecting the faith’s most basic tenet, forgiveness, just to score political points? Burn in Hell, Tucker.

130. jroc1905 says: Dec 29, 2010 1:06 PM

Tucker tucker tucker …Wow … Executed for killing dogs tht is the funniest … so what about all the people who get caught for rooster fightin … Vick should of got probation for what he had done …i find it interesting but i dont want to bring up the race card, which played a huge factor in the decisioins surrounding vick. Dogs are animals and are apart of natural selection they are not humans … we kill to eat our food daily and no one complains … I love my dogs and i like aggreession out of my dogs and i f they fight oh well fight to the survival. That is all that vick is doing now

131. swagsuperstar213 says: Dec 29, 2010 1:07 PM

Unless you are a vegetarian, chill with the dogs crap. I have a dog, i eat meat, my dog eats meat. Why is it different to kill a dog or kill a chicken, or cow, or pig? Those animals are cooped up in tiny cages force fed crap and given a rediculous amount of hormones but no one says anything. What vick did was very wrong but what these corporations do is just as bad. Vick served his time (should have been longer) and asked for a second chance and the NFL said yes. He has people like you guys judging him on a daily basis, i think thats enough for him. For those of you christians out there who are comparing vick to a pedophiles and dogs to humans, its made clear in genesis that God has power over man, and man has power over animals. if you are a true christian than let god judge him, not you. That being said im an atheist and i rely on the justice system leave the man alone

132. brintfatre says: Dec 29, 2010 1:10 PM

#
    bohmore says: Dec 29, 2010 12:35 PM

I agree the choices in 2008 were horrible. McCain is a war hero, but his politics stink and he didn’t even believe in the platform he was representing. And Palin is a moron and as inexperienced and wrong for the presidency(or VP) as Obama. Vick should be careful not to hang out with her either…

133. mornelithe says: Dec 29, 2010 1:10 PM

You know, all the folks out for Vick’s blood, Tucker Carlson included should remember that our legal system is based upon the principle of ‘You do the crime, you do the time’, and then it’s a clean slate.

People may disagree with how long his sentence was, either for more or for less, but the fact remains, Vick went to prison. He didn’t get let out in 60 days like celebrities often do, hell, if they serve that long.

I love dogs also, and I think what Vick did was deplorable, and a terrible thing. But, giving him the opporunity for a second chance is what our country’s laws are all about. If people can’t be rehab’d then why the hell do we have prisons? Why isn’t every criminal executed…surely they’ll just turn back to a life of crime…right?

You may not like how the laws are setup, but blaming Vick because of that, is stupid. Change the laws, and see people do more time, or be executed whatever. But, in this country, if you do the time, you’re supposed to be afforded a second chance.

134. songbre says: Dec 29, 2010 1:18 PM

Tucker’s fashion designer should be executed … oh wait, it’s him !!! go figure …
    And I don’t exactly hear this A**H*** speaking out on a REGULAR basis about animal protection rights !!!
    Just another method to attack President Obama … Get a life dude !!!

135. holeinone09 says: Dec 29, 2010 1:20 PM

Carlson is crazy to say something like that. He is a danger to society!

136. famucancer says: Dec 29, 2010 1:21 PM

psst….psst….who’s Tucker Carlson?

lol, he just wanted some attention for his show, that’s all this was.

137. burntorangehorn says: Dec 29, 2010 1:23 PM

Ever see that Simpsons episode where Homer is sitting on the couch watching Fox News, shaking his fist and muttering, “Liberals!”?

There’s a whole lotta that kind of comedy in this thread.

138. paulienuts says: Dec 29, 2010 1:26 PM

Tucker Carson is a moron, plain and simple. Fox “News”? Well, we all know it’s not a news show so those “Christian” folks who get their “information” from them are people who will say and do ANYTHING if it discredits Obama.

Carson doesn’t give a lick about dogs or animals, but he does hate Obama, so that’s enough to come out in support of “executing” someone Obama thinks is a feel good story.

I think Obama should have stayed the heck out of this. He’s got enough to do without supporting an animal abuser (in my opinion akin to ANY violent crime against ANY animal or human).

139. chupamilto21 says: Dec 29, 2010 1:26 PM

That man is not a Christian, Instead of making stupid comments like that, he should be praying for Mike Vick for salvation, and preaching the Gospel to Mike and others, but instead he uses his religion, which is not christianity to make stupid comments like these.

140. giablommi says: Dec 29, 2010 1:33 PM

@ realitypolice

I didn’t get a chance to answer, but you summed it up quite accurately on my behalf. Well done.

141. freebird2011 says: Dec 29, 2010 1:33 PM

passionburnswithin says: Dec 29, 2010 10:40 AM

I am a Christian minister and conservative Republican and that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

========

I’m also a Christian and conservative and agree that it’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.

Tucker Carlson has completely lost any rational perspective on this subject.

========

142. bohmore says: Dec 29, 2010 1:36 PM

90% of the clothes you wear are made in sweat shops overseas but yet you buy more. There are far greater crimes then breeding and fighting dogs, yet this guy should be executed? Point of all this is forgive a man because he did everything that was asked of him. I bet many of you would be singing a different song if this happened to a family member or friend. Whould you really cast away your mother, father, brother or sister if they did this and did everything that was asked of them, would you really? Think about it?

143. cryptker says: Dec 29, 2010 1:46 PM

I LOVE all

144. cryptker says: Dec 29, 2010 1:47 PM

I LOVE all animals but Tucker your an idiot!

145. ham1 says: Dec 29, 2010 1:59 PM

Rag on Fox, Rag on Tucker, yet there has been worse stuff said right here on PFT about Vick but those of you that have a problem now keep coming back. I see now that your above it all. Must be very nice to have attained that level of perfection.

Keep the poiltics out of the threads, its all BS. No one wants to hear your liberal and conservative babbelings. Now go stick your head back up your arse.

146. ham1 says: Dec 29, 2010 1:59 PM

147. annie557 says: Dec 29, 2010 2:00 PM

So the comment was extreme but you are focusing the Christian piece or capital punishment, you have missed the point. This man is not a role model and by the NFL embracing him once again is shameful. A second chance would be if he beat/tortured a dog once and then stopped after realizing his mistake. To engage in this deviant behavior over and over only speaks to who Vick is at his core. This is far beyond a second chance. It would have been poetic to have the public wash their hands of him despite his talent. That would be the best example we could give to future generations.

148. macdogg53 says: Dec 29, 2010 2:04 PM

“As for the President applauding Vick getting a second chance, would he have done the same thing if Vick were caucasian? Somehow, I doubt it.”

Sounds like an awfully un-Christian thing to say. Judge not…

149. crumpledstiltskin says: Dec 29, 2010 2:04 PM

@songbre
    [i]
    And he said he’s a Christian ??? I haven’t read ANYTHING in the bible about executing people !!! Little harsh, don’t you think ?!?[/i]

You obviously have never read the Bible, dude:

“And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother’s blood from thy hand;…a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth. And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.”

150. Satan's Valet says: Dec 29, 2010 2:05 PM

pervyharvin says: Dec 29, 2010 10:43 AM

—————————————

Well played sir; well played.

151. barringtonchadsworth says: Dec 29, 2010 2:14 PM

A bit over the top.

Vick should NEVER have been allowed to play again. As one person said, if Pete Rose was banned from baseball for life- Vick should have been too. With that said, The proper punishment would have been to put Vick in a cage with rabid pit bulls and if Vick can escape, he is free to go. But as the idiot in chief says, everyone deserves a second chance……. Unless you are at Gitmo or an innocent kid being bombed by drones ordered by Obama or wildlife in the Gulf who were allowed to die in oil.

152. ruggerlad says: Dec 29, 2010 2:20 PM

Tucker is a danger to society? Serial killers start with animals and Vick doesn’t show remorse. I would not have lost any sleep had he been executed.

Vick didn’t deserve a second chance! ‘God’ is a fairy tale created to control and exploit the masses, used for people to ask for forgiveness after doing horrible things or to help cope with the thought of death.

Happiness comes from helping others and keeping a clear conscience. Going to church doesn’t make you a good person. Being good to the planet and other life does.

153. tomlovestroy says: Dec 29, 2010 2:23 PM

Oh Great…I am a Christian. 99% of Christians would not say something so stupid as Tucker said. It seems Tucker has a problem with Obama and maybe that caused the ridiculous execution statement. He should know that Obama can very eloquently deliver what is obvious – when the teleprompter is working.

154. darind61 says: Dec 29, 2010 2:30 PM

WTF!! this guy is an idiot and perhaps his father should have ran to the toilet instead of depositing in his mom!

155. brintfarvruhsux says: Dec 29, 2010 2:37 PM

bordner says: Dec 29, 2010 10:43 AM

Bowtie-wearing, attention-seeking dbag says what?

———————–

Exactly…

156. peytonwantsaflag says: Dec 29, 2010 2:43 PM

they’re all dolts – ALL THREE OF THEM –

I’m curious though – exactly how does being a pro QB contribute to society? The ONLY thing his coming back to the NFL shows is that you will be forgiven ANYTHING so long as you can throw (or run or tackle)

To put Vick back on top after his prison term does not serve anybody – least of all Vick.

157. mannyicey says: Dec 29, 2010 2:44 PM

crumpledstiltskin-

So that scripture justifies Tucker Carlson’s wishes to kill Mike Vick? How?

Oh, and this is something that you should learn when interpreting scriptures as a Christian: Can you corroborate the Old Testament scripture with a New Testament one?

In short, my bible teaches me that “All have sinned and have come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). That means that according the Tucker’s theology, Tucker Carlson deserves to die right along side of Vick. Why? Because Romans 6:23 says that “the wages of sin is death.”

But Tucker isn’t dead. Nor is Vick, because the bible also says in the same passage that “the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

Here’s why I am offended: I take great offense when people say that they are Christians as the backdrop for their un-Christian actions. But at the same time, this also proves how tolerant Christianity really is. See you can blaspheme God with your actions and still have grace and mercy extended towards you.

In other words, we don’t need to kill Tucker for blasphemy. What I would really want to do is teach Tucker the bible.

158. ruggerlad says: Dec 29, 2010 2:47 PM

So now who is worse in your minds: Michael Vick for murdering dogs in a highly disturbing way or this guy who says Vick should have been executed?

People here seem to be more angry with Tucker Carlson for what he SAID someone deserves than Michael Vick for HORRIBLE CRIMES HE ACTUALLY COMMITTED OVER AND OVER. Vick is sick in the head and deserved much worse than he got. What is wrong with you people?

159. lanflfan says: Dec 29, 2010 2:50 PM

Is it that surprising this talking head is that angry? How many wedgies, swirlies, and other assorted childhood pranks did he endure with a name like “Tucker Carlson”?

As for his opinion, it is just that; one man’s opinion. Karma has a way of evening things out, perhaps for both of them.

160. marcussallen says: Dec 29, 2010 2:55 PM

161. enkinan says: Dec 29, 2010 3:04 PM

This thread is absolutely amazing: Football, Religion, and Politics. I just have a few questions:

1. Did anyone ever prove Vick killed a dog himself?
    2. Does anyone actually think Fox News is not complete ignorant garbage?
    3. Does anyone really think this attention whore is truly a Christian?

162. brintfarvruhsux says: Dec 29, 2010 3:09 PM

igster1 says: Dec 29, 2010 11:48 AM

——————-

I’d like to execute you and your dumb dog…

163. dancarreraiv says: Dec 29, 2010 3:09 PM

If you don’t like what TC says don’t watch or listen. His words do not bother me, it’s his OPINION. I certainly don’t agree with what he said in this clip – but he is free to say what he want’s. If enough people don’t like what he says they will not watch – his ratings will go down and he wont have a show or be a contributor on others.

If you don’t like Fox News don’t watch or listen. However don’t confuse the “news” with one of their opinion shows – it’s two different things. I try not to limit myself to getting information from just one source.

I personally think that this article should not have even been posted here. Leave the politics out of sports!

164. hockey64 says: Dec 29, 2010 3:11 PM

With the bowtie and the KKK attitude Tucker was born 60 years to late.

165. marcussallen says: Dec 29, 2010 3:12 PM

@thejuddstir . . . so you are free to comment on this very subject, but the leader of the free world, shouldn’t offer kudos to a billionaire employer that allows a convicted felon to get a second chance? Sounds rather hypocritical to me, don’t ya think? In case you missed part of the story, it was not about him being reformed, it was about allowing a second chance. And I’m sure you were there to know if MV was involved in the shooting of this gentlemen that came uninvited to a private party. People like you and Tucker just will never forgive, so continue to rant and spew your hate brother. If henchmen had been willing to take a fall for his behavior he might never have gone to jail douche. Now we see why Obama called the republican Lurie and said, thanks for allowing a second chance because asses like you want them to wait 15 to 20 years to show they have changed. Get a life dude!

166. brintfarvruhsux says: Dec 29, 2010 3:15 PM

rcali says: Dec 29, 2010 12:19 PM

———–

I will electrocute you for free…

167. dallasbaby says: Dec 29, 2010 3:29 PM

I’m glad that Carlson values the lives of canines over the lives of humans. Humans should die for canines? What about the dogs that attack and kill children?

168. marcussallen says: Dec 29, 2010 3:31 PM

@ cliverush — who is liberal at Fox? Oh you mean Juan Williams, the black guy that is afraid of muslims and other black guys, because he’s a multi-milioniare, no sir, there no liberal voices at Fox, just the same ole, attack the black man message!

169. ratedrsuperstar1331 says: Dec 29, 2010 3:32 PM

Tucker Carlson? Really. Bill O’Reilly or Glenn Beck couldn’t be reached for comment? Not even Rush Limbaugh? Really?

170. kevinfromphilly says: Dec 29, 2010 3:45 PM

Well, in TC’s defense, there wouldn’t be Christianity if not for execution – but I don’t think Jesus was too happy about that.

171. pdxbolt says: Dec 29, 2010 3:56 PM

Any man who wears a bow tie and is not named Orville Redenbacher should be executed.

172. giablommi says: Dec 29, 2010 4:05 PM

“well count . . . giablommi as another Old Testament nut that thinks once you to go jail, life is over, and that they should just shoot all convicts, we get it, you are old, bitter and racist, and with a heart like Mr. Burns, you are going to live forever to spew that hate . . . I weep for your kids and your wife.”
    ^^^^^^
    wow, you could not be any more off base.

First off, I don’t know what an “Old Testament nut” is because I don’t live my life based on an ancient book, neither god (excuse me, God) nor religion play any role in my life whatsoever. I can think for myself and have a clear enough understanding of right and wrong to know to live my life the right way, the first time around, as to eliminate the need for any need for forgiveness from some imaginary deity.

Second, what I think of Michael Vick has nothing to do with whether he went to jail or not, or whether he served a day or two years or a life sentence. I judge the “man” by his actions, and his actions are representative of a soulless, sociopathic monster with no respect or value for life. Someone who is so deeply entrenched in a life of gratuitous sadism and torture and who knowingly gives people herpes, is a confirmed convicted liar and who drowns, hangs and electrocutes dogs is a lost cause. You do not magically grow a conscience in your late 20’s.

Lastly, I take great offense to being called a racist for merely pointing out the aforementioned atrocities commited by this convicted felon. When you say someone is a racist for merely pointing out vile, subhuman behavior such as Vick’s, you trivialize the real racism that has existed in this country- slavery, lynchings, Jim Crow, discrimination, etc..

Frankly, you, your opinions and your attitudes disgust me. By the way, as for your old man comment, I am the same age as M. Vick, have never drowned or electrocuted a dog, have never spent a day in jail in my life and have a clear conscience. Amazing right?

173. svenhoek86 says: Dec 29, 2010 4:16 PM

Fox News makes me ashamed to be right wing.

174. dcunlimited says: Dec 29, 2010 4:16 PM

Leonard Little and Donte’ Stallworth killed PEOPLE while driving intoxicated.

And then were still allowed to return to play in the NFL.

Not diminishing what Mike Vick did, but why doesn’t the mainstream mediots say anything about Little and Stallworth?

175. newagerocker says: Dec 29, 2010 4:25 PM

What about the active NFL players that killed people? Oh wait they’re not divisive enough because they’re not that good. But because Vick is so high profile, people like this Carlson fellow, whom I’ve never heard of before right now, are attempting to make a name for themselves and further their own agendas on the carcasses of said dogs in which Vick has been associated.

176. realitypolice says: Dec 29, 2010 4:31 PM

@marcussallen:

You don’t think we should wait a few years until Vick is off probation and not angling for a multi-million dollar contract before we decide whether or not he is a changed man?

Really, 18 months, not 18 years, 18 months in prison has completely reformed a career criminal into a fine upstanding citizen who will never cause trouble again.

Sure, happens all the time. That’s why the recidivism rate in the US is 0%.

Right?

177. jbraxton3rd says: Dec 29, 2010 4:44 PM

Carlson you’re a first class IDIOT!!!!!

178. realitypolice says: Dec 29, 2010 4:54 PM

dallasbaby says:
    Dec 29, 2010 3:29 PM
    ===================

I don’t know where you live, but here in the civilized world, dogs involved in fatal attacks on humans are typically put down.

Can you list specific examples where a dog has attacked and killed a child and not put down?

179. realitypolice says: Dec 29, 2010 4:57 PM

enkinan says:
    Dec 29, 2010 3:04 PM

1. Did anyone ever prove Vick killed a dog himself?
    =========================

Umm……yeah. In his plea statement, he admitted to personally taking part in the torture and killing of under-performing dogs.

You didn’t read it?

Yet still you have an opinion. Guess you’re entitled, but couldn’t you actually do a little research?

180. marcussallen says: Dec 29, 2010 4:57 PM

So an self-confessed atheist wades into a thicket about religion and redemption, well I’ll bite . . . first off you waded in saying you had no problem agreeing with an idiotic Christian demagogue’s un-Christian like behavior. I’m glad you “think” you can sum up a man by saying you “think” he’s conned the public. Since you don’t read mind, that comes off as racist, and not about you talking about his atrocities, so please be clear on that – this is not about lynching, slavery or Jim Crow and you can be racist without owning a slave or lynching anyone, because your behavior demonstrates that if you were in a hiring position, no felon would ever get a chance to work and have a family since you can look into every person’s heart and tell if they are sincere or not. No one here or anywhere is excusing Vick’s killing and maiming of dogs, just that our society says that once there is punishment for the crime, creeps like you shouldn’t still treat him like a criminal. The message Obama gave to Lurie was similar “creeps like you shouldn’t treat an ex-convict like a convict.” A lot of inmates find religion and lead better lives once they have to spend so much time alone with themselves, and I would suggest that you do, but you claim to be so pure, that if you believed in God, he would come and spirit you away on a chariot like Elijah, but since you claim to not need any forgiveness from an imaginary deity, why wade into a thicket about said imaginary deity? You call anyone that buys a redemption story a dope and a fool, but clearly he’s not the only guy to get a second chance, but he’s one of the most high profile ones of this year. But I do believe you to be that fool you think we all are, since as I said, you can’t read minds, and base your hate on your imaginary power of mind reading. You want to equate a man killing an animal with a man molesting a human child, why is that? Does that analogy make it easier for you to hate second chances? You claim the masses have empty, shallow and meaningless lives simply because we don’t agree with you (or believe you’ve never done anything that you need redemption for). If he didn’t play football, his second chance would happen without the lights and headlines. And we are the hypocrites? Execute a man for killing an animal, what an wonderful analogy. He is unredeemable only because you say so and your beliefs should trump all others, because??? If you don’t care what the good book says about forgiveness, again, why wade into this argument, butfor your desire to spew your racist hatred at a man for getting a second chance. I’m glad my opinion disgusts you, and you have no clue about my attitude, but okay. I’ve never drowned or electrocuted a dog and never spent a day in jail either, but I can forgive, you sir . . . wow is all I can say about your capacity for compassion, and hope you never need it, cuz there will be some idiot just like you saying, no second chances for idiots like gia. . .

181. pervyharvin says: Dec 29, 2010 5:00 PM

dallassux says: Remind me again what time that viking playoff game is? EXACTLY!

=====================================
    Can you remind me again how a rookie QB derailed your post season dreams?How Vick was the second best running QB on the field? One and done for you snow phobic sissies!

182. cubEbear54 says: Dec 29, 2010 5:17 PM

dallassux says:
    Dec 29, 2010 1:01 PM
    pervyharvin says:
    Dec 29, 2010 10:43 AM

Remind me again what time that viking playoff game is? EXACTLY!
    ==================
    Let me guess…bitter PHI fan? It’s okay for loud mouth Iggles fans to bash others but GOD FORBID anyone speak ill of the “exalted” birds, or even state a fact as pervy did. Pfft….What a craptard. Face it, PHI lost because they played worse than the Vikes even after trying to gain an advantage by moving the game date. That must be pretty hard to swallow….BwaaaHaaaHaaa!!

183. Deb says: Dec 29, 2010 6:22 PM

@perv …

Love how you’re rising above the nonsense and staying on football. Excellent ;)

184. lebronsinsecurity says: Dec 29, 2010 6:33 PM

People! Quit trying to argue with uneducated republicans.. They skipped economics and history class, but are somehow experts on the matter.. You can’t change their minds, to them we still live in the 50’s…It’s a lost cause by now.. Just sit back and laugh, that’s all you can do..

185. natturnersrevolt says: Dec 29, 2010 7:31 PM

I believe every FAUX News commentator should be indefinitely detained, starved, tortured, accused, prosecuted, convicted, sentenced to die and executed for being bigoted, racist, neo-fascist, neo-confederate, teabagging pieces of sh*t.

186. shutthefuukp says: Dec 29, 2010 8:08 PM

Executed? Wow Tucker that is a bold statement to say so nonchalantly on national television. Vick killed dogs, not people Tuck. Maybe someone should execute you for wearing those bogus bow ties. On another note…Vick recently made a statement saying that it would help his rehabilitation to have a dog and also to allow his children the chance to experience having a dog. Vick should never own a dog again and that is something he should have thought of when he was drowning and torturing these creatures. His children are the victims of his crimes and they will have to live with their father’s mistakes. When they move out then they can own a dog.

187. OneKoolKat says: Dec 29, 2010 8:18 PM

Bush sent “thousands” to their death on a flat out lie….should he be executed?

188. swagsuperstar213 says: Dec 29, 2010 8:25 PM

alright let me see if i can sum this up… Vick should have had a longer sentence, he deserves a second chance tho, Tucker Carlson is a moron and a fake christian, Fox News is the biggest joke on the planet and conservatives in general are dumber than liberals

@cubEbear54
    Yeesssssss as a viking fan that just made my day

189. cleverbob says: Dec 29, 2010 8:36 PM

Who?

190. tiffpats4eva says: Dec 29, 2010 9:27 PM

xxpatsxx,

You should go look up the definition of endorse. The POTUS/WH has condemned Vick’s crimes, so what endorsement are you referring to? Thanking the Eagles for giving a felon a second chance because not all felons receive a second chance is hardly an endorsement, but maybe you have a different definition of endorse that no one else knows about?

191. granadafan says: Dec 29, 2010 9:37 PM

“annieneroda says:
    Dec 29, 2010 1:03 PM
    Tucker Carlson used to be legit, albeit right-wing. When did he start taking crazy-pills?”

You haven’t been paying attention. Talking crazy has been the mojo of Faux News and other right winger conservatives the last few years. We saw the culmination of nutty right wing conservatives with the Teabagging party.

Faux News watchers are completely brainwashed.

Obama could say the sky is blue and the teabaggers at Faux News would still bash him for that.

192. petermilley says: Dec 29, 2010 11:25 PM

Who would Jesus execute?

193. stylzinc says: Dec 30, 2010 6:38 AM

Dude is Clown.. I don’t even know why anybody would pay him mind.. Reserve your brain for better things in life… I got Eagles plays… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-D64iiMgJg

194. stylzinc says: Dec 30, 2010 6:41 AM

I put up the wrong Play.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pYFoQ7Jcls
    Let that Clown Keep thinking that!

195. chapnastier says: Dec 30, 2010 7:00 AM

Wow… I don’t know how the heck I missed this one. First of all Tucker Carlson is obviously wrong here. However I see a lot of ignorance on this post here. First, Fox News is not biased, or it isn’t anymore biased than any of the other networks. Like someone mentioned above, NPR had a moron say they wished someone got AIDS. Got one chirp from the media or any of the people above I am sure.

Second.. screw it. It is obvious that people like “granadafan” above me is lead by Keith Olbermann or Jon Stewart and believe anything they are told about Fox and the Tea Party. I wonder if he is aware that the Weather Underground was a left wing looney group that bombed the Pentagon among other places, and its leader, William Ayers is a great personal friend of his Messiah, Barack Obama. People like “granadafan” are what’s wrong with this country. They are too damn lazy to get news from a variety of sources and then make a logical decision as to what is or isn’t true. Keep moving sheep.

196. xxpatsxx says: Dec 30, 2010 8:48 AM

tiffpats4eva:

Endorse is to approve openly, as in support of an idea, among several other meanings. Perhaps you should try looking it up, or maybe try scrolling past the first definition. It follows that in thanking the Eagles for giving him a chance, Obama approves Vick is back in the NFL. Not everyone agrees. Was there another WH disclaimer I missed?

197. mreffs420 says: Dec 30, 2010 8:51 AM

dallassux says:
    Dec 29, 2010 1:01 PM
    pervyharvin says:
    Dec 29, 2010 10:43 AM

Remind me again what time that viking playoff game is? EXACTLY!

————————————————-

oh look, dallassux is mad, lol.

is it because your team got destroyed by a team missing some starters and that had only 5 wins? or is it because said team just showed all the other playoff teams how to beat the eagles?

yeah it’s probably one of those two. or both. and you can probably sense the impending choke job that the eagles will inevitably put on display. can’t blame ya for being mad…it’s okay to be emotional.

fear not, coming from a fan of another team that is also legendary for choking, it’ll be okay.

buncha pansies in philly shutting down for a minor snowstorm, trying to help your qb out of playing in bad weather and they still couldn’t beat a mediocre vikings team.

oh and fyi, making fun of the metrodome isn’t all that effective. even we vikes fans know it’s complete garbage.

198. chowderhead12 says: Dec 30, 2010 10:04 AM

wow imagine if what obama said matters

199. juancorsair says: Dec 30, 2010 10:36 AM

Finally, something intelligent is stated on FOX News. President Obama (aka George W. Bush II) should be ashamed of himself for sticking up for a degenerate POS like Vick. The thing I am most curious about is whether Bush II would be applauding the Eagles so much if Vick was white. Somehow, I seriously doubt it.

200. severalspeciesofsmallfurryanimals says: Dec 30, 2010 2:26 PM

Who is this Jesus fellow you guys keep talking about?

I think anyone who has ever electrocuted or hung a person should be electrocuted or hung. Don’t see why lawmen should be excluded from this. If it is a reprehensible act then it is just that. Damn you for killing that person, now we’re going to kill you. Can’t really have it both ways.

201. rushmatic says: Dec 30, 2010 2:30 PM

People can comment like this: “I’d like to execute you and your dumb dog.”

But I can’t comment on religion, when religion is clearly the stink at the core of this fracas?

Puh-LEEZ PFT.

202. bluestree says: Dec 30, 2010 2:46 PM

I wonder if he is aware that the Weather Underground was a left wing looney group that bombed the Pentagon among other places, and its leader, William Ayers is a great personal friend of his Messiah, Barack Obama.———————————————–

The Ayers bs was totally debunked. They were never friends, but they were in the same room.
    Totally debunked, except in right wing media world where you reside, and where facts are relative things.
    So sad. You are the lemming, totally unaware of your confirmational bias, and how it has been cultured and developed through years of propaganda of the plutocracy. It is amazing to me how 15% of the population can live in a reality that ignores, you know, reality.
    It does explain Justin Bieber, however.

203. severalspeciesofsmallfurryanimals says: Dec 30, 2010 3:19 PM

@bluestree.

Grade A on your post. Finally someone who understands this is a plutocracy. Hopefully you understand Obama is a part of it as well. Look up his contributers. No one has received more money from these corporations than Obama.

204. chapnastier says: Dec 30, 2010 3:20 PM

@ bluestree

Who exactly debunked it? Keith Olbermann? Rachel Maddow? So basically what you are saying is that I am living in a right wing media world yet you are clearly living in a looney left wing media world further proving my point. He was indeed his friend and neighbor. He literally launched his political career in the guys living room. Keep marching on sheep.

205. xofootballer says: Dec 30, 2010 7:06 PM

What a nice sidetrack for what was a telling game on Michael Vick. He lost the game with his three turnovers and we barely hear a peep from his adoring media. Instead we get this response to some bow-tie wearing dufus.
    Why?
    Because they can still say something positive about him despite his horrific performance Tuesday night.
    Hell, this site did it.

206. shotcalla14374 says: Dec 30, 2010 11:57 PM

Carlson’s comment came about 3 years late when Vick was sentenced to jail time. This was a poor attempt by an ignorant, narcissist to attract attention.
    Pathetic

207. behanzin says: Dec 31, 2010 12:12 AM

Michael keep you’re head up stay focused , thank God that you have a second chance , do something good for the black community in Philly , be smart and remember that you’re haters want you and will not rest until they get you …… oh yea and laugh all the way to the bank at you’re haters ….. i know i am ( laughing at you’re haters) because you and i both know who’s hating on you and why they are hating .

208. shempnet says: Dec 31, 2010 11:45 AM

I agree execution is the wrong thing to say about what should happen to Mr. Vick. Prison would be fine with me, and I am sure once he is out of bankrupcy and he gets his new contract from Mr. Lurie..he will be back home. How many chances did Marcus get? He is getting ready to go back to jail, and is on chance 10. But he wasn’t nearly as good a QB as Mike. Recidivsm for violent offenders (would you guys consider what Ron Mexico did as violent?)..is 68%. But I am sure with the new money, and temptations Mike will make the president proud. Maybe he has gone to the Ray Lewis school of redemption (like at the club this summer)..let someone else pull the triggger.

209. brintfarvruhsux says: Dec 31, 2010 12:48 PM

OneKoolKat says: Dec 29, 2010 8:18 PM

Bush sent “thousands” to their death on a flat out lie….should he be executed?

—————————–

Agreed with the pretext and logically it might be fitting but given that it is a former POTUS, nope! ha ha ha

210. brintfarvruhsux says: Dec 31, 2010 12:52 PM

rushmatic says: Dec 30, 2010 2:30 PM

People can comment like this: “I’d like to execute you and your dumb dog.”

Puh-LEEZ PFT.

————————

Sorry their genius but the core of this fracas is stupidity and the lack of reasonable thought by Tucker and all the dog-loving idiots…

Maybe you are on to something though since dog is an anagram for God…

Now go home and get your shine box!

211. severalspeciesofsmallfurryanimals says: Dec 31, 2010 4:11 PM

I finally figured it out. Vick’s dogs were hunting dogs that were torturing ducks and pheasants. They had to pay. Vick is a hero.

212. juancorsair says: Dec 31, 2010 10:36 PM

brintfarvruhsux says:

Sorry their [SIC] genius but the core of this fracas is stupidity and the lack of reasonable thought by Tucker and all the dog-loving idiots…

ITYM Obama and all the Vick-loving idiots. But who really can tell when some ghetto-dweller who can’t pass basic high school grammar starts slinging around the “idiot” moniker? The irony is simply astounding.

213. brintfarvruhsux says: Jan 1, 2011 2:12 AM

juancorsair says:
    Dec 31, 2010 10:36 PM
    brintfarvruhsux says:

———————————-

You got me on the grammar; you see like my fellow “ghetto-dweller” Mike Vick, I make mistakes in life but expect a second chance fromn reasonable people, which does not include Tucker and all the dog-loving idiots. My definition of “dog-loving idiots” is people who think that animals kept in your house as a pet are somehow more important than the animals that most people – including me – eat as food and wear.

Next time, if you want to use the N word, be man enough to say it rather than trying to slick with your code word of “ghetto-dweller”.

And I live in Saudi Arabia but not in the ghetto…

214. hockey64 says: Jan 1, 2011 11:43 AM

juancorsair says:
    Dec 31, 2010 10:36 PM

—————-
    It’s nice to see someone with such intelligence take the high road with their comments.

215. severalspeciesofsmallfurryanimals says: Jan 1, 2011 12:09 PM

Vick may have anti-social tendencies, lack of empathy, but he is not a sociopath.

216. facebook.com/joesimmonscomic AKA Slow Joe (Bucs fan) says: Jan 1, 2011 1:05 PM

Rex Ryan thanks Tucker Carlson for getting his name out of the press.

217. therealjcannon says: Jan 1, 2011 6:01 PM

This Carlson guy is a racist, case closed.

218. ferraridriver says: Jan 1, 2011 11:18 PM

What Vick did to the non-vicious dogs under his control is unconscionable and he should still be in prison for those acts.

What Obama has done to our great nation during the last two years is the reprehensible equal.

219. jewyjewstein says: Jan 1, 2011 11:47 PM

He did the f’n prison time. He lost a ton of money. He didn’t even get his job back right away. He was a 3rd stringer and stuck with it.

He got his chance to shine. Has made Philly a serious contender. (regardless of the Vikings game)

WTF more is this man supposed to do??

No one takes Tucker Carlson seriously, nor should they. He is a typical racist, hatemonger that FOX loves to put on the air. The scary part is how many Amerikkkans probably agree with the d-bag.

Let’s work on killing the child molesters, kidnappers and Tucker Carlson fans. We can get to dog fighters after we killed the first million we NEED to kill.

220. philtration says: Jan 2, 2011 12:58 AM

Vick is a jag off no doubt but executed?

Tucker Carlson does love George W. Bush though.
    Bush lied about Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction, invaded a country that had nothing to do with 9/11 resulting in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people and cost the U.S. billions of dollars yet that turd is laughing it up on a book tour.
    Dick Cheney and his pals at Haliburton walked away with tons of money while U.S. soldiers get to learn to walk with prostheses.

Typical Fox News nonsense.

221. theoriginalcaptainmarvel says: Jan 2, 2011 8:10 PM

Liberals love to whine and rip Bush; ok, fine. But I hate it when they act like they care about the troops more than Republicans do. If liberals love the troops so much, why is it that the active military votes Republican by a 4-1 margin?

Oh, and by the way, Vick is a scumbag. But he did his well-deserved time, lost a lot of money…so he deserves this chance.

222. cleverbob says: Jan 2, 2011 10:25 PM

Why is it that Republicans are always trying to cut military benefits?

223. discosucs2005 says: Jan 3, 2011 2:57 AM

@brintfarvruhsux

If you live in Saudi Arabia, than you are surrounded by people (or at least a government) that treats people the way Vick treats dogs. I would hardly expect you to show any compassion for any living thing.

That being said, I hate it when people use terms like “ghetto-dweller” or cite grammar as an excuse to devalue an argument. Clearly who ever said Ghetto Dweller is just racist enough to hate black people, but not racist enough to dilute himself to the point that it is ok to use a real racial slur.

224. cowboyerik says: Jan 3, 2011 2:37 PM

Its amazing how much more people care about crualty to animals than to humans; how man HUMAN BEINGS died of starvation, disease or LACK of AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE in the time span Vick tortured, mutilated or electricuted dogs? But TEABAGGERS and conservative extremists are against helping people, curing people within the United States let alone abroad in the world. But they are not “Americans” right? so who cares. Or, they are 3rd world, and are somehow lower forms of Humans I guess; and or it’s out Christian destiny to RULE the world using the worlds LARGEST MILITARY(LARGER than the next 14 combined) and in a country(The United States of America) that when founded had NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGIONS! But I bet its the same NRA card carrying /anti-abortion sign-waivers/pro-CAPITAL punishment by electricution / anti-healthcare for all and pro-Christian IDIOTS that hate Vick; I don’t like Vick, but we have major problems in the world and right here at home, and people are concerned with the City of BROTHERLY HATES Quarterback and his history? Geez, you all live in a dream world or in the Matrixx!

225. tecmobowl34 says: Jan 3, 2011 3:02 PM

I always liked Tucker Carlson. I think he’s usually pretty fair and even-handed. Thought-provoking.

I think this is a fair assessment of Mike Vick that came from a rational, compassionate, Christian newsman who has a good reputation. Made me really honestly think about if we should have executed Mike Vick when we had the chance.

226. discosucs2005 says: Jan 3, 2011 3:08 PM

@cowboyerik

I hate Vick. This is a bipartisan issue. I’m not religious, against the death penalty, pro healthcare, pro choice, and pro gun control.

“Its amazing how much more people care about crualty to animals than to humans”

That is such a stupid thing to say. If we are discussing Vick and his dog fighting we aren’t talking about cruelty to humans. Vick isn’t responsible for the wide spread poverty, starvation and disease in the world. And it is a complete fallacy to say that those things are worse thus we should be mad at Vick. Anyone with any compassion would think, at the very least, Vick’s actions are disgusting. You can think he is a great football player. You can even think he is a changed man. But you have to concede that the way he’s treated living things in the past justifies the amount of hatred that surrounds him. And before we jump to the “2nd chance argument,” he got a second chance. People hating him, insulting him, and not wanting him on their team isn’t taking away the fact that he got his second chance.

227. gamustangdude says: Jan 3, 2011 4:06 PM

I’ve tried to be nice on similar topics before. But with this article, I’ve had enough.

I hate dogs. I wish I could personally choke the life out of each and every dog. I would do it with a smile on my face. Matter of Fact I would do it with a smile on my face and listen to “The sound of Music Soundtrack” I wish I was right there, side by side Mick Vick when he tortured those dogs. Dogs are the lowest forms on earth. They smell, they eat their own bowls, and then have the audacity to lick you in the face?!? Dogs need to be extinct who gives a flying eff what Mike did. I’ll start a campaign for him to do it again. Now Cats I like, but Dogs? Line them up against the wall and make my shotgun happy please!!!!

Now back to sports

228. cowboyerik says: Jan 3, 2011 5:29 PM

@discosucs2005,

I was not attempting to connect Vick with the vast injustices to humans around the planet, or here at home in the United States, rather, I was trying to point out the hypocracy and contradition in all the VICK haters, which not include the powerful and elite in the United States; and that they would go on record, saying a guy should be killed for killing dogs, when we as a nation, consume a disproportionate about of the worlds resources, control it’s wealth, and monopolize and militarize the rest of the world, leaving countless millions suffering throughout the world, and that OK, and even “Christian” (but certainly not Christian right), but killing dogs, is so abhorant, please; its starts at the top, and we, the United States, has the largest killing machine on the planet. How many civillian deaths have we caused in our fruitless 10-year war in Iraq? More hairs than is on all the dogs Vick killed……. very Christian . . .

229. quentincosta says: Jan 5, 2011 4:22 AM

Leave Mike Vick alone…

230. juancorsair says: Jan 5, 2011 1:19 PM

discosucs2005 says:

Doesn’t your insinuation that only blacks live in ghettoes out you as a racist pig yourself? I may have used the term “ghetto dweller” but you were the one who brought race into the equation there, Adolf.

231. quentincosta says: Jan 5, 2011 1:59 PM

juancorsair says: Jan 5, 2011 1:19 PM

discosucs2005 says:

——————————-

Ghetto dweller is nothing more than racist code for black people…

Stop trying to deflect from what you said and meant…

232. juancorsair says: Jan 5, 2011 3:15 PM

quentincosta says:

Ghetto dweller is nothing more than racist code for black people…

Stop trying to deflect from what you said and meant…

I meant exactly what I said.

A “ghetto dweller” is someone who lives in the ghetto. Period. Where I live, this strata is comprised of mostly white trash (not blacks as you would like to think). Such people are typically uneducated and often carry with them a twisted sense of justice, morals and ethics. Vick’s comments where he blamed his “culture” for his sociopathic behaviour is a perfect example of this – as is your ridiculous view that every white man is a closet KKK member. Understand?

BTW: Your relentless use of the term “racist” to label anyone who disagrees with you does nothing but belittle the experience of everyone who has suffered real racism in society. It is little wonder why nobody of any importance takes you seriously anymore.

233. mornelithe says: Jan 11, 2011 1:40 PM

@ Chapnastier: No, you know who debunked it? Obama’s age. At the time Ayers was doing his Underground revolution, Obama was 7 years old.

234. breeshasabush says: Jan 12, 2011 2:20 PM

juancorsair

HAHA YOU TELL EM!!!!! Too often do people go to the racist well when they don’t have a solid educated rebuttal. If anybody claims racism in this case its Vick… he’s the one who blamed his actions on his “surroundings” and “culture” so as “white” (very few people in america are truly white) people are we supposed to take Vicks word and believe that most black people torture domestic pets because thats how they are brought up? And if we do take Vick at his word and say “oh well hes black thats how these guys are raised; he doesnt know any better and you know what…. its the white mans fault for not telling him!” So by any answer to this argument the white man gives, the black man can turn it around as racism if he feels inclined to do so. Don’t complain about not being treated equally and then when we hold you to the same standards as we hold everyone else dont go crying racism when we call FOUL!!! Bottom line “YOU CANT KILL AND TORTURE PETS NO MATTER WHAT COLOR YOU ARE!!!”….. thats not very hard to understand is it?