2011 is almost here and the NFL’s regular season is almost over. So for one last time, here’s our look at what you may have missed from this week’s injury report. The big stuff, as always, is in the rumor mill.
Have a happy, healthy New Year everyone. Thanks for spending time with us at PFT in 2010.
1. Joey Porter’s disappointing one-year run in Arizona will end on the sideline. He’s doubtful with a tricep injury.
2. Some big name Jets defenders are questionable. Don’t be surprised if Rex Ryan rests some or most of the following: cornerback Antonio Cromartie (groin), defensive end Shaun Ellis (back), defensive tackle Sione Pouha (back), defensive end Trevor Pryce (hip), and cornerback Darrelle Revis (hamstring).
3. Panthers wideout Steve Smith (calf) is suddenly questionable after missing practice Friday.
6. Cowboys quarterback Jon Kitna (abdomen) is questionable, but didn’t practice all week. He looks unlikely to play.
7. The Eagles likely previewed the players they will sit by listing them as questionable: DeSean Jackson (foot), Winston Justice (knee), Trevor Laws (shoulder, chest), Asante Samuel (knee), and Michael Vick (quad) are all questionable.
8. The Dolphins will be without starting linebacker Karlos Dansby (toe) and tight end Anthony Fasano (knee).
9. Patriots rookie tight end Aaron Hernandez is questionable after missing practice all week. He looks very unlikely to play.
10. Lions wideout Calvin Johnson (ankle) is questionable, but he didn’t practice all week at all.
11. The Giants ruled wideout Hakeem Nicks and center Shaun O’Hara out, as expected. Cornerback Corey Webster is questionable, but didn’t practice all week.
12. Raiders running back Darren McFadden (toe) says he wants to play. He’s officially a game-time decision and didn’t practice all week.
13. Browns running back Peyton Hillis‘ status is in serious doubt after he missed practice all week because of his ribs injury. He didn’t practice all week and is questionable to face the Steelers.
14. The Broncos are banged up. Cornerback Champ Bailey didn’t practice all week and is questionable. Safety Brian Dawkins (knee), linebacker Mario Haggan (quadricep), running back Knowshon Moreno (ribs), and Eddie Royal (groin) are also questionable but practiced some this week.