Brandon Lloyd tops NFL in receiving yards, couldn’t be more grateful

brandonlloyd

Broncos receiver Brandon Lloyd hasn’t always been the most gracious person in discussing his 2010 season. When he was selected to the Pro Bowl he took an opportunity to curse out his former teams, and even when he offered positive words for teammate Tim Tebow, he did it by taking a shot at teammate Kyle Orton.

But after Sunday’s season finale, in which Lloyd had 73 receiving yards to end up with an NFL-best 1,448 yards this season, Lloyd was humble.

There couldn’t be a more grateful person that this could happen to,” Lloyd said. “I’m proud of what I accomplished and I’m grateful for everybody that was involved in this football season: the quarterbacks, my teammates, the front office, media, fans, my family. There are so many people in my life that gave me the confidence to be out there and accomplish what I accomplished this year because my inner circle knew I could do it.”

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Home, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
11 Responses to “Brandon Lloyd tops NFL in receiving yards, couldn’t be more grateful”
  1. joetoronto says: Jan 3, 2011 8:48 AM

Not one word about how he’d trade it all in for a shot in the playoffs?

I’m surprised….NOT.

2. fergie22 says: Jan 3, 2011 8:49 AM

hey if they bribg in jim harbaugh to be the head coach will he bring ron turner with him? lol how do you like that brandon reunited again you big mouth buster

3. poochpunt says: Jan 3, 2011 9:23 AM

Anyone that thinks Lloyd is a flash-in-the-pan and has little talent obviously has not really watched him play. I noticed this guy’s undeniable talent in a home game in SF in ’03. The guy makes is amazing in how he routinely makes uncatchable passes catchable. I drafted him for my fantasy team in ’04, ’05 & ’06 only to see him go unused. It was nice to see him finally break out this year and to trade for him and have him be a part of my fantasy super-bowl winning team. I’ll be drafting him for sure again in ’11.
    Good for you Brandon. I’m a believer.

4. somesome says: Jan 3, 2011 9:35 AM

atta boy … sittin’ nice and tight in my dynasty team

5. cubano76 says: Jan 3, 2011 9:55 AM

Nice to see ANOTHER former Redskin doing great on ANOTHER team. Fail!

6. harrisonhits2 says: Jan 3, 2011 10:12 AM

“Lloyd, who from 2007 to 2009 bounced around the league with three different teams and recorded just 495 yards, ought to get some consideration for comeback player of the year.”

Ummmm, don’t you have to have good years in the first place before you have bad ones that you get a chance to make a comeback from ?

7. flyerscup2010 says: Jan 3, 2011 10:14 AM

he can’t be comeback player of the year. that would require that he’s coming back from something. he’s a breakout player, not a comeback player.

8. Panda Claus says: Jan 3, 2011 10:19 AM

Congratulations to 50/50. Up until this season his nickname was well-earned because he dropped about half the balls throw to him. But this couldn’t happen to a harder working player, oh but wait, yes it could.

Instead of blaming three former organizations for the fact he couldn’t catch, err, succeed in the league, he excels on another imploding dysfunctional team.

Comeback Player of the Year, really? Doesn’t a player need to have been a decent player in the first place before “coming back”?

9. terrorhawk2 says: Jan 3, 2011 11:04 AM

Kyle Orton will be getting BLASTED now he has so much free time

10. kimcon22000 says: Jan 3, 2011 11:15 AM

Anyone else notice that Orton’s head is shaped like an ostrich egg? Just saying ……….

11. reed83 says: Jan 3, 2011 11:27 AM

JoeBlowsToronto: What are you talking about? The man just saved his career with this Pro Bowl season. Yeah trade in this season for the playoffs, and chances are no one would sign him next year, he was with 3 teams the last 3 years and only had 36 catches. Do you think before you post something or are you really that stupid?