In an interview with ESPN Radio in Virginia Beach, Eagles quarterback Mike Vick addressed the status of his quad injury in advance of Sunday’s wild-card against against the Packers.
He said he went from 50 to 75 percent in one day. Which leaves (abacus initiated) 25 percent to go to get him to 100 percent.
So could he miss the game?
“That’ll never happen,” Vick said. “Regardless of what the situation is, I’m gonna make sure I’m there for my team. . . . I’m pretty confident that I’ll be able to go out there and play.”
Though he also said he won’t do anything to hurt the team, there’s a chance that his assessment of whether he’s hurting the team will conflict with the team’s assessment. Coupled with the fact that Vick has been rattled of late by creative blitz packages, there could be a very real chance that Vick starts but doesn’t finish the game.