Another proud moment for Philadelphia sports fans

packerfancar

Philadelphia sports fans always claim they get a bad rap.  Sure, they can be boorish.  But so are fans in New York and Boston!

Eagles fans got so upset Sunday about their unfair stereotype that they had to take it out on something, like the car of a Packers fan.

A Wisconsin native that now works in Pennsylvania as a college professor attended the Eagles-Packers game with his father.  His Toyota Camry was “stomped on, kicked and beaten.”  Mirrors were broken, wipers torn out, and dents made on the hood, trunk, and roof.

“When I left Green Bay everyone said to be careful — the Philadelphia fans have a reputation,” Peter Coenen (the father) told the Morning Call of Lehigh Valley.  “My son had a Green Bay Packers shirt on. As we drove in, they gave us the finger.”

Oh, we didn’t realize the guy had a Packers shirt on.  Dude was asking for it.

Permalink 261 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
261 Responses to “Another proud moment for Philadelphia sports fans”
  1. greenbaysucks says: Jan 11, 2011 6:29 PM

Just because it happened at an Eagles game, doesn’t mean it was Eagles fans.

Could have been a BEARS FAN!!!

2. nepatriots128154 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:31 PM

I would say I’m shocked, but that would be a lie.

3. northernbeaches says: Jan 11, 2011 6:31 PM

First dogs, now cars.

You stay classy, Philly.

4. bcknights says: Jan 11, 2011 6:32 PM

I thought KC had the worst fans. You should be able to be a fan of who ever.

5. jamie54 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:33 PM

Dude you went into their house wearing that gear that’s just stupid. Don’t call it Filthadelphia for nothing.

6. brasho says: Jan 11, 2011 6:33 PM

And the Philadelphia Eagles franchise should be paying for ALL damages to this guy’s car. Granted, Philly fans are known to be classless a-holes, but that doesn’t give anybody the right to destroy another’s property. The man paid for parking at the Eagles lot and their failure to provide adequate security means they should pay for all damages.

7. greggyd717 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:33 PM

Do you enjoy posting stories like this so that your comment traffic goes up?

Here come the rants generalizing the entire Philadelphia fan base because of the actions of three unruly drunk people at the game. Here come the slings of verbal epithets about how trashy the people of Philadelphia are when 90% of people have probably never even visited the city. Here comes the throwing snowballs at Santa Claus reference. Blah blah blah. Get a new shtick.

Fans in other cities never fight, never harass fans of the opposing team, or do anything that could be deemed as remotely unsportsmanlike. Yawn. Onto the next one.

8. bonesuggsnharmony says: Jan 11, 2011 6:34 PM

another confirmation that PA people are idiots, i.e. the whole town of Pittsburgh

9. heywoodjablome says: Jan 11, 2011 6:35 PM

Way to dig this up Gregg. Trying to get a few more hits on the website? Can we talk about how my car got vandalized in New York? Oh wait, things like this only happen in Philly.

Here comes the very original “stay classy” comments.

10. zeussuperman says: Jan 11, 2011 6:35 PM

Speaking as an Eagles fan, those “fans” are drunken scumbags and should be arrested.

But they exist in every city. I am glad Rosenthal is going to be reporting on every incident of fan violence from now on for every team, right?

(Also, I will cue the obligatory “cue the obligatory Philadelphia fan comments” comment right now).

11. nbcstinks says: Jan 11, 2011 6:36 PM

I’ve heard Eagles fans can be rough. I’ve been to a few road stadiums as a Vikings fan dressed in my purple (Phoenix, Cincinnati, GB many times) and I must say, while I haven’t seen a game in Philadelphia, GB fans around Lambeau aren’t a very classy bunch themselves. Some of the things I saw and heard this last time surely would make me think twice about bringing one of my sons to see a game there much less want to go back myself. Sad.

12. benh999 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:36 PM

Not getting a D-cell to the head, he should count himself lucky.

13. grandpoopah says: Jan 11, 2011 6:36 PM

Well played, Rosenthal. Condemn several million Philadelphia Eagles fans for the deplorable actions of a handful of drunks. Now go back to doing what you do best – i.e. mutilating the English language with your horrendous spelling and grammar.

14. jimmysee says: Jan 11, 2011 6:36 PM

Stay classy, Philadelphia.

15. davidm1886 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:36 PM

this happens in every city from time to time, but only certain cities get it published by the national media

16. skulz fontaine says: Jan 11, 2011 6:37 PM

Probably a good thing for Coenen that the Eagles fans weren’t packing Glocks.

17. beastofeden says: Jan 11, 2011 6:38 PM

I went to Philadelphia in week 4 draped in burgundy and gold. #26 Jersey, Hat, wallet, sweater. I was hootin, hollerin’, and bellowing “COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” when Chris Coooooooley caught that TD from #5.

I went to McFaddens before the game. Needless to say i was the only Redskin fan in there. I was yucking it up and giving out what was given to me.

Yeah, major smack talk, name calling, the usual that you get in ANY opposing city.

Honestly, Philly fans DO get a bad rap. This passive aggressive schmuck was more than likely to feminine to reciprocate the “love” .

When you go to Philly, bring the heat or keep your a** inside. When they see you’re not gonna take it like those SF snowball fans, they’ll back off.

It helps when your squad is up 14-3 in the 1st half

18. ratbastardshanahandjob says: Jan 11, 2011 6:39 PM

This was on the local news. Guy is lucky those AssClowns attacked their car and not him or his dad. If you went to the stations site and read the comments. There were some saying they deserved it….

E-Girl fans need to take a trip to Pittsburg. They can see something at Steeler HQ they will never see in Phil. An actual Lombardi trophy…..

Jeffrie Laurie thinks the E-Girls are the NFL’s “gold standard”. Ya fools gold….

19. sdboltaction says: Jan 11, 2011 6:39 PM

That sucks. Thing is, the car would have been stomped even if the Eagles won.

20. xxwhodatxx says: Jan 11, 2011 6:39 PM

I mean they got a convicted felon at QB what do you expect…

21. adzack3441 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:40 PM

Yeah just like that time they tackled the 6 year old with the Jets jersey on!! And when they threw glass bottles at the refs and got them permanently banned from all stadiums!!! Oh wait….that was Cleveland.

22. cmstrick says: Jan 11, 2011 6:40 PM

Stay classy, Philadelphia.

23. wetpaperbag2 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:40 PM

Philly fans keepin’ it classy since 25 B.C.

24. theblowedone says: Jan 11, 2011 6:41 PM

And heres the video of the classy San Fran fans trying to kill each other and running over dozens of people in a car…

but again, this is a non-story, I mean its not PHILLY so who cares??

25. giablommi says: Jan 11, 2011 6:41 PM

There are some places you don’t go in with enemy colors on. It’s pretty unanimous that Philadelphia is the most notoriously hostile to outsiders, so really, maybe this guy should have smartened up and listened to the people who were advising him to be cautious.

As a non-Eagles fan though I have to admit , I went to the Eagles Thursday night game a few weeks back with the wife expecting to be absolutely horrified by what I might see in the stands, but the crowd (in my section) was very well behaved and didn’t see any incidents. I have heard some pretty horrific stories though and that the h Linc is definitely not a place for the faint of heart.

26. bluefan204 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:41 PM

Oh boy, here we go…

“The media makes it all up! We aren’t any worse than any other fans in the NFL!1!!1!”

They don’t call it Philthadelphia for nothing. Bunch of low-life scumbags

27. tantrim says: Jan 11, 2011 6:41 PM

When football becomes the most important thing in your life and you live in Philly what else can you expect from them.

28. contra74 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:41 PM

Dude was definitely asking for it. Every team has a fan reputation and Philly has a bad one. I live in Los Angeles and I remember that you had to be INSANE if you wore another teams jersey during a Raiders game. You had to be the TOUGHEST MoFo on the planet to do that and even then it wasnt enough. I went to the Vikings/Cardinals game in AZ 2 years back and was a bit hesitant to wear my Vikings gear but Cardinal fans were classy and actually game to toss the ball with us and play a game of bean bags. Exercise some caution folks because although it may be just a game to you it may not be for others…especially after they have had a few drinks.

29. bigbeefyd says: Jan 11, 2011 6:41 PM

Classy, classy people in Philly.

30. mybuttsayspft says: Jan 11, 2011 6:42 PM

Philly fans…..The Al Qaeda of the NFL.

31. vicktator says: Jan 11, 2011 6:42 PM

do you ever post articles like this about boston or new york fans? no because you hate Philly, this article is garbage and perpetuates a stereotype because of a few drunk idiots, get a life Gregg

32. b7p19 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:42 PM

“Oh, we didn’t realize the guy had a Packers shirt on. Dude was asking for it.”

Well, at least YOU understand…

OK, so I don’t agree with taunting kids or damaging property…HOWEVER…I have no problem with giving opposing teams fans the finger. Thats harmless and you should expect it.

33. selgaeinla says: Jan 11, 2011 6:43 PM

Wow, the actions of one or two and you generalize that all Philly fans are that way. SO using your logic, since the shooter in AZ was a crazed white person, all white people are crazed political assassins.

34. BleedingSilverAndBlack says: Jan 11, 2011 6:44 PM

Every team has it’s share of these types of fans unfortunately.

35. trollaikman8 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:45 PM

It might’ve just been Michael Vick seeing a dog inside the car.

36. pervyharvin says: Jan 11, 2011 6:46 PM

You have to understand about our hillbilly neighbors to our East. The average Packer fan is a WI country bumpkin with no idea how to make it in the real world.Even after Pa Kettle was warned ,they were most likely in a drunken stupor from too much Pabst and yelling “Go Pack Go!” Lucky that those Philly fan convicts didn’t shank him…

37. august1969 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:46 PM

they didn’t get hit by batteries….so that’s good

38. rgb2425 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:47 PM

Rosenthal,

Everyone knows how Philly fans can be because of a couple of morons. I am an avid Philly fan and I would never do any of this to anyone. Stop making it seem like we are all drunken idiots who do this to people. We aren’t.

Also, I heard this news Sunday night, its now…Tuesday night? Must be a slow day for you digging up old, nonstories.

39. scoops1 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:47 PM

trash

40. snarkygurl says: Jan 11, 2011 6:48 PM

Can’t wait to see these comments…

41. neverend1 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:48 PM

It was reported by some ppl at the game at the jaguars-giants game, giants fans were making (ill try to be appropriate here) “unclean, filthy, 18+” mocks and signals at the jaguars team bus and also threw garbage at the bus as well

it isnt just filthydelphia

42. purpleguy says: Jan 11, 2011 6:48 PM

Pretty weak, even if it was a cheeser. Well, it’s not like the guy got stabbed in a bar for being an opposing fan. Oh wait, that was last year when a Pack fan stabbed a Viking fan had the gall to celebrate after the Vikes beat the Pack.

43. connie75 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:49 PM

They don’t call it philthy for nothin’.

44. phillyhouse222 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:49 PM

That guy shouldn’t have had his car vandalized, but I’m sure Packers fans would do the same thing.

45. nockinon7sdoor says: Jan 11, 2011 6:49 PM

Philly fans are not the only ones. I live in Baltimore. I am a Steelers fan. In September of 2004, on the eve of the Ravens-Steelers game in Baltimore, Someone climbed on my porch railing and took a $35 Steelers flag. I guess I am a slow learner because 2 years later the same thing happened, again on the eve of a Ravens-Steelers match up. I related these stories at the time to my co-workers, and most implied that I had it coming, being a Steelers fan and all.

46. Brian Duper says: Jan 11, 2011 6:50 PM

The city should ask Marvin Harrison to install some law and order at the stadium. I hear he runs a tight establishment.

47. obamaczarofussa says: Jan 11, 2011 6:50 PM

Philly is a sewer of a city,from the run down row houses to the homeless beggers at every traffic light. It’s not known for it’s classy people, so it’s no wonder their giving the finger to children and damaging a working mans car just trying to enjoy a game with his son….stay classy she-gul fans.. stay classy!

48. didiwags says: Jan 11, 2011 6:51 PM

Wow, how rude and disrespectful Philly is!!
    Great job in showing how classy Philly really is!

Oh and I am a Vikings fan… maybe it is the MN nice thing! Such bad taste!

49. blackglass3 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:51 PM

I’d still rather deal with “Talk Talk Talk, backs down when challenged” Philly fan (and I have been part of it at Talk Of The Town there by the stadium, so I know what I am talking about) over scumbag Jet fans.

50. roniii says: Jan 11, 2011 6:51 PM

How can so many bad people all end up in one city?

51. packattack1967 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:53 PM

They are something. Do they realize how utterly stupid they sound with that lame cheer which is nothing more than spelling eagles? I guess they dont.

52. evpimp says: Jan 11, 2011 6:53 PM

Philadelphia eagles Fans are the WORST in the NFL!

I would never go to game in Philadelphia because of those idiots!

53. blackskimmer says: Jan 11, 2011 6:53 PM

This is only a story because it happened in Philly. Because NO cars ever get vandalized at other NFL games ever! As Chad would say Child please.

54. unreal2k5 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:53 PM

Stay Classy Philadelphia!

55. bigbear12 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:54 PM

The finger is appropriate seeing the Iggles are 1 and done yet again.

56. kct115 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:55 PM

The dude may have been asking for it. You dont know the back story. I was at this game and a Packers fan wearing a Greg Jennings jersey was running his mouth. Someone said something back and the Jennings guy threw a beer at his feet and they had to be seperated by security. The Packers fan then started screaming “Typical Philadelphia fan”

57. botully says: Jan 11, 2011 6:55 PM

What do you expect? The star quarterback is a convicted felon who used to pass STD’s to unsuspecting women. Viva Ron Mexico!

58. east96st says: Jan 11, 2011 6:55 PM

The best line from the entire story –
    “More likely, it will go down as another example of Philadelphia sports fans at their worst and add to their reputation as out-of-control, violent, destructive drunks and all-around sore losers.”

No need to add to that. Sums it up perfectly.

59. Robert says: Jan 11, 2011 6:57 PM

Scumbaggery…………

60. mrcowpatty says: Jan 11, 2011 6:57 PM

I know a place in Oakland, CA where he can get that fixed.

61. skins23 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:57 PM

You stay classy, Philly.

But, I guess an ETERNITY of losing will do that to people.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS.

62. profootballwalk says: Jan 11, 2011 6:58 PM

“Philadelphia sports fans always claim they get a bad rap. Sure, they can be boorish. But so are fans in New York and Boston!”

New York and Boston? Rosenthal obviously doesn’t read the comments around here.

63. mike83ri says: Jan 11, 2011 6:58 PM

lol

64. emmac13 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:59 PM

People should be able to talk crap all they want to fans of the enemy. Also being respectful if youngsters are around. But to ruin peoples stuff is idiotic. These fans are the same that talk trash about the actions of Ben, Donte, Ray, and O.J.

65. ijabber88 says: Jan 11, 2011 7:00 PM

Insurance fraud

66. sakatak says: Jan 11, 2011 7:01 PM

glad he made it out alive !

67. bodybaggame says: Jan 11, 2011 7:02 PM

Did he at least get to visit the liberty bell?….Lucky for him he wasn’t sportin any cowboys gear, the car would have been in the delaware river…

68. skoobyfl says: Jan 11, 2011 7:02 PM

The Beauty of an anonymous car & putting your gear on after you leave where you parked.

69. ire2661 says: Jan 11, 2011 7:04 PM

Are you kidding me Mike? This type of crappy journalism is exactly why your website takes so much heat. I have been a huge fan of of profootballtalk.com for a long time but this post is a bunch if $hit. This type of stuff happens in just about every other major city. I am a Philadelphia resident and despise reports like this because all your doing is highlighting the losers that do this crap and we both know that every city has them. How come we don’t hear stories of the trashy fans out in LA that attends the Dodger games that will threaten your life or the low class punks in Washington that spit on us when we go to a Redskins game. I’m not gonna even mention Mets/Yankees/Giants/Jets fans that are barely primates when we go to their stadiums. Every city has trash, but cheap page filling journalism pieces like this drive me crazy. Don’t be a sheep and just follow the heard and delete this garbage at the editing desk.

70. jc327 says: Jan 11, 2011 7:04 PM

Stay classy, Philly.

71. bigbluefan1 says: Jan 11, 2011 7:05 PM

It had nothing to do with him being a Packers fan it was the fact that he could read and write that pissed off the filthy fans

Lets see the team step up and pay for the repairs to the guys cars

Once again in the super bowl era no trophy for the filthy egals only team in the NFC East with out one

72. birdbrainsnj says: Jan 11, 2011 7:05 PM

It wasn’t that he was a green bay fan. He drives a Toyota and we feared his brakes would fail him. By smashing it in we made sure he had his routine service work as well. Lol. In all seriousness though, jerk off move by a couple douches out of 70,000

73. help me says: Jan 11, 2011 7:07 PM

Stay Classy, Philly.

What do you expect from fans that love their dog-killing self-anointed MVP QB.

74. dafreakus94 says: Jan 11, 2011 7:07 PM

Typical Philly fan…they normally only act like that in packs, one on one they are as soft as cupcakes. As a Cowboys fan I don’t even mess with them anymore, their frustrations are an accumulation of over 50 years of mediocrity and failure, and this year was no different.

I appreciate the eagles keeping the division safe for us, but we will take over from here. Cowboys WILL be back for the East in 2011,

75. nfl4ever says: Jan 11, 2011 7:07 PM

Most miserable sports fans, and probably people in the country.

And you wonder why the “Vet” was the first stadium to have it’s own jail.

76. alamedaraiderneighbor says: Jan 11, 2011 7:12 PM

I was at a Raider game. It was a Monday night game against K.C. I am a huge Raider fan. Damn game ended with a Andre Rison touch down with less than a minute left in the game to give K.C. the win. After witnessing a K.C. fan get attacked in the restaurant with heavy glass salt and pepper shakers, I found my Mustang convertable with a shattered window and a ripped up top. Over $1500 bucks in damage. And it was raining. Couldn’t belive it. Oh, forgot to mention, my care was RED! Hey Al, I’ll take a winning season in lieu of cash.

77. jwil444 says: Jan 11, 2011 7:12 PM

Why should anyone be surprised by this? Philly fans are the absolute worst, most classless fans in the league. They are a disgrace and it is only fitting their QB is a known dog killer. Who by the way, will ensure they never see a super bowl.

They are a miserable, ignorant lot and know no shame.

78. mikenjess143 says: Jan 11, 2011 7:13 PM

Every Freaking One of you Losers Should Be Sterilized.
    Its a game. Great to be passionate,but when does passionate turn in to obsession.
    You think because you wear a logo on your hooded sweatshirts of a team” its OK, your just a fan but” ask yourself when does it cross the line.
    Will it take a fan getting stomped to death in the parking lot to finally figure out the might need more help over there in Philadelphia. Idiots! You are dealing with classless animals.
    Even Worse is that any Philly fan AND EVERY Philly fan has this on there Fan Resume. You All Are A Waste Of OXYGEN. And They Should Lock All Of You In A Freaking CAGE! (like the one in your stadium.)

79. moochzilla says: Jan 11, 2011 7:14 PM

Typical lazy journalism.

Name me a time when the Philly fans beat a kid, like in Cleveland.

Name me a time when a Philly game had to be stopped because fans threw beer bottles on the field, like in Cleveland.

Name me a time when Philly fans blinded an opposing fan, like in Chicago.

Name me a time when Philly fans spit on a player’s wife, like at Yankee Stadium with Cliff Lee’s wife.

Name me a time when Philly fans jumped out of the stands and BEAT a coach, like in Chicago (White Sox).

Name me a time when football fans got drunk and beat someone up at their stadium? Oh, EVERY STADIUM EVERY WEEK.

The fact that we decided to clean it up by having a courtroom made us a target. Every other franchise that didn’t do that is choosing to ignore it.

But this was easy for you to “write” about, right?

Lemme guess, you’re from (A) a city with no sports teams or (B) Boston.

Oh, and Cliff Lee came back here BECAUSE of the fans!

80. eagleswineagleswin says: Jan 11, 2011 7:14 PM

He was lucky thats all they did to his car. They should have burned it.

81. moochzilla says: Jan 11, 2011 7:17 PM

Name me a time when the Phillies sold entire sections out to gang members who threatened to stab opposing fans? Like the Dodgers.

Philadelphia is like London or Paris compared to where most of you flyover state losers live.

So have fun celebrating your anniversary at Arby’s you middle America trailer trash.

You have a lot of Liberty Bells, Whartons, and Museums of Art where you live?

You cavemen.

82. stankfinger says: Jan 11, 2011 7:20 PM

Has anyone said “stay classy” yet? I can’t tell.

83. moochzilla says: Jan 11, 2011 7:20 PM

“I am sure the fine outstanding fans are back in there row houses talking about how another Filthy sports team got screwed”

Oh, because people who live in row homes are poor? If you live in 90% of the nation, those row homes are worth more than your McMansion.

Oh, and most people in their row homes know that the proper use of “THEIR”. You can’t even speak English, you middle America trash.

84. gbfanforever says: Jan 11, 2011 7:21 PM

This is just sad. I’ve had a couple interviews for a great job in Pa about an hour from philly. I have to ask myself seriously if I want to bring my kids up in an area where I can’t take them to ball games.

85. nceagle004 says: Jan 11, 2011 7:22 PM

Another inflammatory post that has PFT jumping to conclusions. Guilty until proven innocent.

86. dafreakus94 says: Jan 11, 2011 7:23 PM

I once knocked an eagle fan clean out in his drive way in front of his family…just to protect his identity I will call him “joey.”

87. gbfanforever says: Jan 11, 2011 7:23 PM

@nfl4ever

actually every stadium has its own jail. This was the first to actually necessitate having a judge on hand because so many people were getting arrested.

88. pervyharvin says: Jan 11, 2011 7:25 PM

That’s what they get in Philly when refusing to share cheese curds with Andy Reid…

89. heywoodjablome says: Jan 11, 2011 7:25 PM

Yup, see my previous post.

This message board is loaded with originality.

90. norcaleagles says: Jan 11, 2011 7:27 PM

Wow Rosenthal. Really? Why do you guys on this site like to blow up situations like this. EVERY city has some bad apples. I live in Northern California and have been to plenty of raider and 49er games and have seen plenty of fights break out in both stadiums and Frisco is considered one of the nicer, friendlier stadiums. I remember last season, a chiefs fan was shot in the parking lot at a raider game and I didnt read any articles on here about that, but I DO remember reading an article on this site about a cowboy fan in Philly that got punched because they were wearing a Romo jersey. You guys love to pour it on with Eagles fans, dont you? Incidents like this happen in every NFL city, yet you guys love to write about every little thing that happens in Philly so you can label “all” Philly fans as being classless.

91. childressrulz says: Jan 11, 2011 7:29 PM

92. mymorningstory says: Jan 11, 2011 7:31 PM

SERVES HIM RIGHT

93. nothimagain says: Jan 11, 2011 7:32 PM

Guy got what he deserved.

Regards,

Men who think women wearing provocative clothing are asking to be raped.

94. greggyd717 says: Jan 11, 2011 7:32 PM

My favorite comment?

“You stay classy, Philly. But, I guess an ETERNITY of losing will do that to people. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS.”

You do realize that you were LAST in the division this year AGAIN, right? I know…your team has won 3 Lombardi trophies. That’s so fantastic. It’s so nice to hear that your team hasn’t made the playoffs since 2007. Enjoy your terrible ownership and perpetual dominance of the cellar despite all of those high draft picks. I sure do envy your franchise as do most people around the league…..

95. wydok says: Jan 11, 2011 7:36 PM

@northernbeaches:

Philly was destroying cars long before Mike Vick got there.

96. philliesrule says: Jan 11, 2011 7:37 PM

For the love of god, please don’t group Eagles fans and Phillies fans. Eagles fans are a bunch of derelicts who thrive on making people miserable. The Phillies and Flyers fans are a passionate bunch who love the game! The Eagles fans are much like New Yorkers!

97. jarunk12 says: Jan 11, 2011 7:40 PM

its alright they took there anger out on a Packer fans car, Atleast the Packers are moving on, while the Eagles are done!

98. hobartbaker says: Jan 11, 2011 7:41 PM

It’s a Toyota Camry. Are we sure the mirror didn’t just fall off and the dents come from changes in air pressure?

99. moochzilla says: Jan 11, 2011 7:42 PM

“I bet Mcnabb was thrilled to get out of that hell hole. Never has been and never will be a SB in Philly.”

Nope. He begged to stay, and the whined and cried about where he was all season long. Tried to wreck the team before the season was done, via his “agent”.

But CLIFF LEE and his FAMILY were thrilled to come back. Took less money to play here too!

100. hobartbaker says: Jan 11, 2011 7:44 PM

Conan the Collegian is having second thoughts about Pennsylvania. But he doesn’t want to give up his tenure in the Coagulated Yellow Bovine Byproducts Department at the university.

101. moochzilla says: Jan 11, 2011 7:44 PM

If the WY stands for Wyoming, I was there this summer. Cheyenne was a boarded up derelict mess. 100 tatoo parlors for 60 residents.

102. jwil444 says: Jan 11, 2011 7:44 PM

Funny thing is, the guys who did it probably are regular posters on this site!

103. pervyharvin says: Jan 11, 2011 7:44 PM

moochzilla says:You can’t even speak English, you middle America trash.
    ======================================
    Smoochy, the trash of America collects on our East and West shores. People who want to live in the best America has to offer come to the Midwest.Just stating the facts..

104. moochzilla says: Jan 11, 2011 7:48 PM

gbfanforever…

Stay away, I don’t want more middle America trash coming here and whining about taxes and gay marriage.

105. sf49erguy says: Jan 11, 2011 7:49 PM

Their qb tortured & killed 100’s of dogs & the fans adore him..What do you expect from them???

106. tomthebombtracy says: Jan 11, 2011 7:49 PM

Here’s the good news. A friend of mine from New York took his wife who is from Wisconsin to the game….she’s a big time Packers fan. Wearing the garb, all that.

She was called every name you can think of. She never cheered a moment. Scared to death. Philly, don’t worry, they’ll never come back. You can live in your own sewer forever.

To steal an old post, Philly fans are still upset that a burglary at team offices last year resulted in the theft of th team’s collection of Super Bowl trophies. So sad.

107. packerhater says: Jan 11, 2011 7:49 PM

This is how Packer fans get treated anywhere they go , win or lose.Only trailer trash likes the Packers.

108. upperdecker19 says: Jan 11, 2011 7:50 PM

Andy Reid did it….thought it was a delivery of a play card that included running plays.

109. moochzilla says: Jan 11, 2011 7:57 PM

Mikenjess…

Your meds are on the counter. Take them soon, please.

You emotional mess.

110. moochzilla says: Jan 11, 2011 7:59 PM

obamaczarofuss

I live in a row home in Fairmount.

Care to compare what my house costs compared to yours?

111. sgtr0c says: Jan 11, 2011 7:59 PM

We claim we get a bad rap? GR you are a p.o.s., this is playoffweek, coaching changes and you dig this story up as an NFL rumor from Allentown, forty miles north of Philly and claim that “Philadelphia Fans” did this? Do you think all 70000 ppl in the stadium decided collectively to jump this guy, maybe then we called all fans in a hundred mile radius and asked us to join in in trashing this guys car? This is pathetic that you would post this. What do you have a quota or something? We do have one thing in common with NY and Boston, but you missed it, we have REAL JORNALIST who write real stories about our teams that inspire and excite, you are trash.
    I am sure this guy was holding a bible and he had picked up a couple of nuns at the time, driving them home, probably never made eye contact with anyone in the stadium, no way a fan from another town could have started anything (did you ask?)

There is nothing i can do about this, the way the you would write such a cheap story and blame every Eagles fan for the actions of a couple a-holes that got carried away. Just go to Google and type Eagles fan and just paste and copy the story for your next write (oh wait, you prolly already did, i guess you had to go shopping instead of being a REAL JORNALIST).

112. vickadelphiaphreedom says: Jan 11, 2011 8:01 PM

Are we sure this didn’t happen cause the dude was driving a Camry….? Let’s get all the facts.

113. sdw2001 says: Jan 11, 2011 8:07 PM

I agree…don’t lump Philly fans together like that. No excuse for damaging property. Giving him the finger, however, I fully support. That’s what you get when you wear the opposing team’s jersey into the house of the most dedicated fans in the league.

114. rrrobertson says: Jan 11, 2011 8:08 PM

thats Philly for you though.
    I heard something like not one of their professional sports teams has won anything almost ever? correct me if I’m wrong, but I feel this may be a case of years of frustrated disappointment.

115. mkepackfan says: Jan 11, 2011 8:15 PM

If Eagle fan existed in 1st Century Jerusalem, they would boo Jesus for his lack of effort carrying the cross.

116. janvanflac says: Jan 11, 2011 8:18 PM

Post of the Year –

“Philadelphia is like London or Paris compared to where most of you flyover state losers live….You cavemen.”

So true. Philadelphia is a much more interesting place than 95% of the US.

117. northernbeaches says: Jan 11, 2011 8:20 PM

@ wydok

Very true, but maybe there was a dog in the back seat?

118. statking says: Jan 11, 2011 8:21 PM

@moochzilla

2008 World Seies, Tampa Bay @ Philly I saw multiple spittings on Rays fans sitting one section over. They also threw ketchup at some elderly ray fan as she was walking into the game.

That said, this stuff does go on in every city and Rosenthall is a bigger moron than I thought if he thinks it doesn’t.

119. boysroll says: Jan 11, 2011 8:21 PM

PHILLY FANS ARE NOT HUMAN…ONLY ANIMALS WOULD TEAR SOMEBODY’S CAR UP….OH WELL…ANOTHER LOST SEASON FOR THE LOSER PHILLY FAN BASE.

REID WILL BE 500 LBS NEXT YR TOO WHICH IS A GREAT REPRENTATIVE OF THE PHILLY FAN BASE…LMFAO.

120. palinforpresidentofnorthkorea says: Jan 11, 2011 8:25 PM

#
    nockinon7sdoor says: Jan 11, 2011 6:49 PM

~~~~

S l o w L e a r n e r !

121. h8themskins says: Jan 11, 2011 8:26 PM

If the taliban ever decides to blow a whole city up i hope its philly. The city of brotherly love my a$$. Btw.. stay classy

122. thingamajig says: Jan 11, 2011 8:28 PM

A packer fan that is a Wisconsin native driving a Toyota Camry? Lucky he wasn’t in Detroit at a Lions game.

123. 2011lockout says: Jan 11, 2011 8:30 PM

Eagles fans are the worst in the NFL. They are a bunch of drunk a-holes. The fans suck, the city sucks, and they will never win a SB. I have been to many games in NJ, PA, and DC. The fans are a bunch of F-ers.

124. marcinhouston says: Jan 11, 2011 8:32 PM

The Eagles definitely have the criminal element, just no champion element. If they have any energy before or after the game to wreck a car they are wasting energy that they should be using making noise for their defense like champion. Wrecking cars isn’t football. Wrecking your vocal cords is football.

125. jpmelon says: Jan 11, 2011 8:32 PM

I laughed my ass off when I saw the picture of the GB fan with his broken sideview…….he knew that his bumper stickers would annoy the Philly fans and he did it anyways. Everyone is soooo tough before punches start flying, then the loser always ends up calling the cops.

126. smokehouse56 says: Jan 11, 2011 8:34 PM

I live 60 miles west of Philly. I love Philly. 99% of the rats on this board never came withing 100 miles of Philly. I’ll take the Eagles, Flyers and Phillies over any other cities three teams. Name another conference that has had all it’s teams play in the final four in college basketball. It’s not our fault that your stuck in some cesspool somewhere. It’s a world class city. Ask Jefferson, Adams, Madison, Washington and Franklin. The city hosts millions of visitors each year. When your cesspool sells out the season in football, hockey and baseball let me know.

127. commandercornpone says: Jan 11, 2011 8:36 PM

yeah yeah yeah

only daytwa had the “basketbrawl”

and naturally all the responsible parties moved up

128. vikesfansteve says: Jan 11, 2011 8:49 PM

Oh you mean like that Phillies fan who puked on that little girl. The whole town is full of scum. Nuke it.

#
    philliesrule says: Jan 11, 2011 7:37 PM

129. charliework says: Jan 11, 2011 8:50 PM

This tomfoolery would never happen in New York.

Er, I mean, Cleveland.

Damn, I mean, Oakland.

I mean, not between two Cowboys fans at a Redskins game.

I mean, no chance at the U.S. Open in Queens.

(Crosses fingers.) Definitely not at the Westminster Dog Show?

(Checks all of internet.)

Right, definitely not at the Westminster dog show.

130. johntonioholmes says: Jan 11, 2011 8:52 PM

We can’t generalize about fan bases.

With that being said, generalizations don’t appear in a vacuum.

Stay classy Philly (that goes for you too, Boston, Cleveland and New York.)

131. frothywalrus says: Jan 11, 2011 8:53 PM

Not too much can be expected from a city that holds the Mummers Parade each New Year’s Day. It is an abomination.

Maybe it was some drunks from the Comics division that vandalized the car.

132. beardown4me says: Jan 11, 2011 8:59 PM

Remember Eagles Stadium is equipped with it’s own own jail and court system on the premises games so they can prosecute right on the premises. This is coming from the same town were “Parking Wars” is filmed ans Santa Claus is booed too! Classless poor fools! What do you expect from fans that love their dog-killing MVP Quarterback . I hope they trade Kolb to the Redskins next!

133. crosbyhasgonorrhea says: Jan 11, 2011 9:03 PM

Scumbags… all of them

2 years ago, they all swore they would never root for Vick… seams like thats changed.

If Philly fans are so wonderful, why don’t the good ones tell the hand few of bad ones to cut this crap out? Maybe its because the good fans are in stadium jail.

134. FinFan68 says: Jan 11, 2011 9:04 PM

Those are not fans…those are thugs and morons. These are the same kinds of idiots that trash the town after a championship. There is a reason there was/is a jail at the stadium. Some people just can’t seem to control themselves. Good natured ribbing/taunting is fine and likely expected but threatening/destructive behavior should be dealt with harshly.

135. hrmlss says: Jan 11, 2011 9:04 PM

This is the same reason I avoid Chicago.

136. kolbfan says: Jan 11, 2011 9:06 PM

Sure PFT, kick us in the balls when we’re down!
    You forgot to mention snowballs at Santa in this article too btw.

137. ruvelligwebuike says: Jan 11, 2011 9:06 PM

138. phillybirds says: Jan 11, 2011 9:08 PM

Eagles fans & Flyers fans have been around forever. You’ve got a few phillies faithfuls but not many. Eagles fans are definitely the craziest of the group. This guy is lucky he wasnt physically assaulted. Ask all of the Giants and Cowboys fans that enter the Linc about that!

139. emperorzero says: Jan 11, 2011 9:12 PM

To be fair to Philly fans they thought it was Mike Schmidt dressed as Santa Claus driving the car.

140. cornellsteelers says: Jan 11, 2011 9:13 PM

Uh, Greggggggg? “Lehigh Valley” isn’t a town, it’s a region. The Morning Call is the newspaper for the city of Allentown and environs, not “Lehigh Valley”.

141. osmocosmo says: Jan 11, 2011 9:18 PM

“Do you enjoy posting stories like this so that your comment traffic goes up?”

Bingo. This happens everywhere, just happened in Indianapolis, but it’s not interesting unless it’s Philadelphia.

People who don’t get it simply don’t want to get it. They’d rather say Philly is classless — somehow, it makes them feel better.

Sad.

142. poiuyt7 says: Jan 11, 2011 9:18 PM

pervyharvin says:
    Jan 11, 2011 6:46 PM
    ————————————–

He was a college professor, you idiot!

143. tomosbornesretirementcostjoepaatitle says: Jan 11, 2011 9:21 PM

#
    packattack1967 says: Jan 11, 2011 6:53 PM

—————————————–

The team name is actually the longest word any of them can spell, so the cheer doubles as a testament to their breadth of knowledge.

For the guy who says “he was asking for it”, do you realize that you sound just like a date rapist. “But, your honor, look what she was wearing, she was asking for it.”

144. tiffpats4eva says: Jan 11, 2011 9:41 PM

Philly is just as classy as LaDainian Tomlinson .

145. goldsteel says: Jan 11, 2011 9:47 PM

This may be an incident for the argument to reduce the time tailgating starts before any game. And to stop alcohol sales after half time at any venue.

Remember Philadelphia, we can’t forget would you did to Santa Claus.

146. xtb3 says: Jan 11, 2011 9:52 PM

Stanley Cup semis last spring trashed Montreal reporter’s car

147. tramo1 says: Jan 11, 2011 10:03 PM

EAGLET FANS ARE JUST LIKE THERE PLAYERS.GARBAGE!

148. favrewatch2050 says: Jan 11, 2011 10:06 PM

Another proud moment for sports journalists

149. moochzilla says: Jan 11, 2011 10:07 PM

“What else would you expect from a city whose only contribution to society has Cheez Whiz and onions on it?”

You forgot the Declaration of Independence.

You must’ve missed that one while getting married at age 14 to your cousin at the local Arby’s.

You flyover state Palin-ite.

150. tramo1 says: Jan 11, 2011 10:07 PM

THE NFL SHOULD STEP IN AND DO SOMETHING BECAUSE THE LEFTWING LIBERALS RUNNING PHILTHY AREN’T.!

151. tramo1 says: Jan 11, 2011 10:10 PM

Philly fans have a lot of energy because most of them don’t work.

152. moochzilla says: Jan 11, 2011 10:13 PM

h8themskins

We now have another flyover state nobody cheering for the “Taliban” to bomb Philly.

I presume, if he even graduated grade school (instead of getting his cousin pregnant at 12), he’d have wrote “Al Qaeda”, since that is who attacked us on 9/11. Remember?

So here we have a typical red state man-child wishing a terror attack on his fellow countrymen (men, women, children, military members who live there), all because 1 or 2 of the city’s 1.3 million residents broke some dude’s sideview mirror. Oh, ALLEGEDLY broke his sideview mirror.

And he says “stay classy”.

Beautiful.

This is why not everyone should be allowed to vote.

Yet another symbol of our nation’s failing public schools.

I bet he has 8 kids and is on public assistance.

153. moochzilla says: Jan 11, 2011 10:19 PM

Philly. NYC. Boston. San Fran. Chicago. LA.

The rest of the nation is a 3rd world nation aside from these places.

Who cares what a bunch of people who prefer “Papa John’s” think about ANYTHING.

Cavemen.

Look at Detroit and Cleveland. They love their towns so much they abandoned them.

Look at Washington. They love it so much they live in Virginia.

Look at Dallas and Houston, no one will live within a 60 minute drive of downtown.

The 5th best Italian restaurant in Philly – Osteria – would be the best eatery in 95% of the US.

154. fmwarner says: Jan 11, 2011 10:21 PM

I wonder how many of the vitriol-spewing morons here have ever BEEN to Philadelphia? As has been said before, the drunken idiot fan is a mainstay of every fan base. It doesn’t mean Philly fans DON’T do these things, it’s that you never hear about it unless it was done there.

And what exactly does any of this do with “never winning a Super Bowl”? I’m sure a lot of people said the same thing about New Orleans before last year. Do you people even care that what comes out of your mouth doesn’t make any sense as long as you get your volume up?

I guess I was asking for it when I got jumped by two drunken idiots in Arizona after the NFC Championship Game for the crime of walking quietly to my car with an Eagles jersey on. After all, I was the Philly fan. And these guys WON.

155. packrulzm says: Jan 11, 2011 10:22 PM

packerhater says:
    Jan 11, 2011 7:49 PM
    ————————————————–
    What a fantastic post! Real insight…………
    As a lifelong resident of Wisconsin and a Packer fan, I would like to personally award you with the moron of the day. Jealousy is an ugly thing. It’s much easier to simply hate another team rather than to invest yourself in loving one. That’s fine with me, but to generalize is just idiotic. I find it deplorable that an NFL fan of an opposing team cannot support their team in certain stadiums for fear of reprisals from a few obnoxious “fans”. Having been to Lambeau many, many times I have NEVER seen this behavior from anyone accept a few Cowboy and Viking fans. That’s to be expected from a few, but to be openly hostile to another fan who simply supporting their team is infantile.

156. sourdough says: Jan 11, 2011 10:26 PM

157. sourdough says: Jan 11, 2011 10:27 PM

I’ve never been to Philly, but if moochzilla is typical of the person who lives there, I’ll make it a point to put it even lower on my places to visit. What a pitiful person.

158. tramo1 says: Jan 11, 2011 10:31 PM

Good thing it wasn’t a cowboy fans car,the cowboy fan would still be kicking the gangster’s sorry butts.

159. silkyjohnson937 says: Jan 11, 2011 10:44 PM

I cant speak against philly, I went to a lions bucs game in detroit in bucs gear in 2008 and thought the lions fans were pretty cool, I also went to the bengals bucs in cincy this year in cincy and the bengals fans werent that bad, noe I went to a lions browns game in cleveland and the people in cleveland were a-holes they were kicking this guy that had a lions jersey in the back while he was standing at the urinal and they were proud about it no wonder lebron left

160. nfl4ever says: Jan 11, 2011 10:47 PM

moochzilla says:
    Jan 11, 2011 7:17 PM.

You have a lot of Liberty Bells, Whartons, and Museums of Art where you live
    —————————————————
    Typical northeast elitist. Philly is a sewer, deal with it. Flyover trailer trash? I think Atlanta, Chicago & Dallas are far superior cities than Philly.

So you can have your miserable weather, high taxes and cost of living along with your corrupt union infested government not to mention dirty city with an antiquated highway system and us hicks in flyover country will be just fine with our Arby’s Beef ‘n Cheddar.

161. moochzilla says: Jan 11, 2011 10:49 PM

Seriously, the guy just wished for another 9/11 over a broken sideview mirror.

Think about that.

Same type of person that gunned down those people in Arizona.

162. discosucs2005 says: Jan 11, 2011 10:51 PM

Gregg Rosenthal, you should right for How I met your mother.

@moochzilla

“Philly. NYC. Boston. San Fran. Chicago. LA.
    The rest of the nation is a 3rd world nation aside from these places.”

LA – Makes sense. Media capitol of the world. Home to the celebrities and icons that make up our culture.

Boston – Historic epicenter of American history, and contains some of the finest institutions of learning in the world.

San Francisco – Perhaps the best way to see into the future. America’s boldest city housing, not only the most educated square mile in the world, but one of the world’s greatest construction master pieces in the Golden Gate Bridge.

Chicago – The birth place of improv theatre as well as some of the great writers in our history, including muckraker Upton Sinclair and poet Stuart Dybek. Not to mention some of the best dining for miles around.

New york – Of course. This city features a little piece of all the previous cities and is the work place of the people that decide the future of our economy. For better or worse, no one can deny the importance and glamor of New York, New York.

Philly – (you go ahead and fill this in. I can’t think of anything and if I went to Wikipedia it would defeat the purpose of this comment. So explain to all of us why Philly belongs in the top tier of US cities with the rest of the places you mentioned. I’m not disagreeing with you, I’m just curious. Besides Chicago, Philly is the only one of the above cities I haven’t been to, so please, enlighten me.)

163. dallassux says: Jan 11, 2011 10:52 PM

boysroll says:
    Jan 11, 2011 8:21 PM

——————————————————————————–

Oh look, the coward boys-hole has come out of hiding. I figured you jump off a bridge after you’re disgracful cowboys miss the playoffs again. Weren’t they supposed to win the superbowl?? That’s what I thought. The eagles will have fun beating you twice next year. Maybe you and Vox can cry together drinking colt 45…..unless he hasnt been deported yet.

You suck. Dallas sucks

164. moochzilla says: Jan 11, 2011 10:52 PM

h8themskins.

Care to be a man and give your real name? Want to stand by those comments? Or are you not so proud of having made them?

Or should we just wait until we see your name related to a school shooting or some tragedy like what we saw in Tucson.

You nut.

165. moochzilla says: Jan 11, 2011 10:54 PM

“Philly fans have a lot of energy because most of them don’t work.”

And yet my block of 20 houses pays more income taxes than your whole town!

166. connie75 says: Jan 11, 2011 10:56 PM

Typical philthy trash at again. What else is new? Goodell should just move the franchise to Toronto.

167. moochzilla says: Jan 11, 2011 10:57 PM

“Philly fans have a lot of energy because most of them don’t work.”

But I guess I should cut you some slack, since you didn’t just wish some jihadist nut would fly a plan into my city’s tallest building…like h8themskins did.

168. dallassux says: Jan 11, 2011 10:57 PM

skins23 says:
    Jan 11, 2011 6:57 PM
    You stay classy, Philly.

But, I guess an ETERNITY of losing will do that to people.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS.

————————————————————–

LMAO!! A redskins fan Hahahaha. I hope next year they can hold the eagles under 59 points

Hail to another year of no playoffs!!!! Hahahaha!!

169. nfl4ever says: Jan 11, 2011 10:59 PM

Fot the record there was an incident in Foxboro after a MNF game in 1979 I think where a guy was having a heart attack outside the stadium and the fans around him started peeing on him.

Stay classy northeast!

Moochzila obviously never leaves Philly, like most narrow minded people in the Northeast. I’ll put the high end restaurants in Chicago and Atlanta (Yes Atlanta) up against anything in Philly.

Typical northeast liberal elitist….hey feel free to join the EU anytime guys.

170. slickzmoney says: Jan 11, 2011 11:02 PM

The league should just give these guys a Superbowl(you know, like they did for the Steelers) so these dudes over in Pennsytuckey will just chill out a lil’ bit.

171. dman19 says: Jan 11, 2011 11:07 PM

Rendell called him a wuss then busted a nut on Leslie Stahl..

172. goomba33 says: Jan 11, 2011 11:10 PM

As a philly fan i can honestly say we really dont care wut other people think about us..hence the reason why we keep doing things like this..if we cared what people thought about us we would be like jaguars fan base…non excistint..so you all can hate us for being pasinate fans and blow my bird

173. pack15forever says: Jan 11, 2011 11:15 PM

You have to love the “City of Brotherly Love”.

174. vonchero says: Jan 11, 2011 11:16 PM

Just be happy you didnt get puked on….That only happens at Phillies games.

175. moochzilla says: Jan 11, 2011 11:16 PM

NFL4eva – I lived in Philly, NYC, Boston and Chicago. I gave Chicago a pass in one my posts.

I almost moved to Atlanta, went down there and explored it extensively. Traffic was the #1 reason I didn’t, dining was #2, heat was #3. Everything was sugary sweet, and there was NO downtown. Buckhead is a frat house, and the bars are what you’d find anywhere else in a top 25 market. Nothing special. Dining was not what you’d get in NE, CA, or Europe taste-wise. But I understand that’s cultural down there, they like things sweet. To each his own.

Chicago is a great town, I lived on the North Side by DePaul. Loved it. Better urban park (Lincoln) than Central Park in NYC. Affordability an A+, you can get a great apartment or condo for much less than in NYC or Boston and in a great location. But the dining scene loses out because the seafood places sucked. Now, maybe that’s changed in the past decade as seafood can get out there quicker, but over the time I was there it was poor and over-priced. And crime is worse than in Philly.

I’m really a top-10 market elitist, not a NE elitist. Get it right!

To me, Philly and Baltimore get the worst rap, people think we’re all living like Wallace in “the Wire”.

176. nfl4ever says: Jan 11, 2011 11:19 PM

Another thing about Philadelphia and it’s rich sports history.

They have a statue of a fictional character (Rocky Balboa) in front of the Art Museum, now that is LAME!

177. jints3bowls says: Jan 11, 2011 11:22 PM

Eagles fans….shut up. This is a valid story. You guys all like to play the victim saying “we are all generalized, blah, blah, blah…”

These stories keep coming out year after year, and until you guys get a clue about sportsmanship then they will continue to be posted.

Yea it happens to a certain degree in all stadiums, but demolishing a man’s car is way over the line.

You are what you eat and the city must of eaten a bunch of a$$holes.

178. moochzilla says: Jan 11, 2011 11:40 PM

disco…

I would not go toe-to-toe with NYC (lived in Village and U W Side) or San Fran, as I consider both world class cities, and my two favorite places to visit. In terms of dining, both are well beyond Philly or Chicago or pretty much anywhere else in the US.

My take – from having lived in both places – is that Philly is about the same as Boston, in almost every aspect. Working class towns with hard working people of immigrant ancestry. They have great schools, museums, and historical significance. Great neighborhoods, and an under-appreciated dining scene.

What I observe is that Boston gets more credit for these things, Philly less. A lot of this is because Bostonians leave and spread the word about how awesome Boston is. Philadelphians stay at home. This is due in part to the Puritan Boston (go out and change the world) vs Quaker Philly (stay home and make it better locally) mindset. Boston has GREAT PR, Philly bad PR.

Ponder….

Colleges – Wharton is one of, if not the best, business school in the US. Would you agree? The others I noted are – overall- comparable to Boston’s when taken as a whole. Leaving MIT out as that’s in a category all by itself. BC and Villanova are now about as hard to get into – albeit both over-rated. Not that people over-rate Boston, but you knew about Boston’s schools and didn’t know about Philly’s.

History – Independence Hall, Liberty Bell, Betsy Ross, etc are comparable to Boston’s. What separates it here is that the places are tangible. Many of Boston’s – like Bunker Hill or the Freedom Trail – are not actual structures you can walk around in. Not saying its better, just a more tangible experience. But you knew about Boston’s and not Philly’s.

Culture – The Philadelphia Museum of Art is one of the nation’s best collections. The Barnes is probably better pound for pound and is being moved into the city. They advertise shows at the PMA in Boston’s metros, as many US exhibitions such as Monet and Dali only came here. The Mutter Museum is a unique place to visit, featuring the oddest collection I’ve seen.

Architecture – unlike NYC, many buildings from the 1800s remain in place.

Again, seems to me people think of Philly like I think of Detroit (unfairly as I have never been there), a bombed out hell-hole.

So I thank you for the opportunity to explain.

You’re serious with improv in Chicago? C’mon, the architecture sells that city. And the museums. And urban quality of life. You sell it short, my man.

179. moochzilla says: Jan 11, 2011 11:47 PM

And I am a big fan of Dreiser and Dos Passos as far as Chicago writers go. But, of course, they were never put in the pantheon of similar talents like Hemingway and Steinbeck.

They’re the Philadelphia of America’s great authors.

180. sailor6147 says: Jan 11, 2011 11:58 PM

Like a Packer fan should talk about bad fan behavior…..He was probably upset because there were no urinal cakes in the bathroom sinks…….

181. skins23 says: Jan 11, 2011 11:59 PM

Damn right a Redskin fan. I hope you guys enjoyed the game where you scored 59 points. Too bad you couldn’t have borrowed some of those points against Green Bay, huh?

I could give a damn if we don’t make the playoffs for the next 50 years. We’ll still have 3 more trophies than the City of Brotherly Chokers will ever see.

Not to mention having a better city than that sh!thole Philthy… better fans than the animals that inhabit the Linc…. better tradition… more HOFers….etc. etc. There’s a reason no other fans respect the Eagles the way they have respect for teams like the Packers, Steelers, 49ers, etc.

But you guys stick together…. much like prison inmates!

And yeah….I’m really sad we haven’t made the playoffs in 3 whole years… boy, I think i’d give up those 3 trophies just to have had a one and done on my home field in 2010. LOL.

L.O.S.E.R.S EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES!!!

182. bleedgreen4life says: Jan 12, 2011 12:03 AM

mikenjess143 says:
    Jan 11, 2011 7:13 PM
    Every Freaking One of you Losers Should Be Sterilized.

————————————————-
    Your either just having a really bad day, or the team you root for just sucks.

183. stanklepoot says: Jan 12, 2011 12:07 AM

#
    bigbluefan1 says: Jan 11, 2011 7:05 PM

Lets see the team step up and pay for the repairs to the guys cars

___________________________
    I’m sure that Mr. Lurie would have no problem paying for the repairs to this guys car…just as soon as Mr. Mara pays for the repairs to all of the cars vandalized by his team’s fans after the Eagles knocked the Giants out of the playoffs a couple years ago. Mr. Lurie’s bill would be a fraction of Mr. Mara’s.

184. osmocosmo says: Jan 12, 2011 12:18 AM

Read the article. It was a group of young, drunk punks in a parking lot, a remarkably common occurrence at any public event: vandalism. Happened in Indianapolis and Kansas City this weekend. Happens in every city, every day.

The difference? Wasn’t Philadelphia fans.

PFT continues to prove that they don’t care all that much about bringing their readers actual news, they’re much more interested in playing the role of internet schoolgirls. “Another proud moment for Philadelphia sports fans” — seriously?

Again: read the article. He had a positive experience (as most will, at any stadium, the Linc included) with “friendly banter” — and wait, what’s that you say? He wasn’t beaten to death, despite his Packers gear?

Well, I’ll let you in on a little secret: aside from the drunken idiots in the parking lot, he had a positive experience because Philadelphia fans are just like every other fan base out there — human.

These. Things. Happen. EVERYWHERE.

185. stanklepoot says: Jan 12, 2011 12:20 AM

@discosucs2005,
    Pretty much everything positive you said about Boston could be equally applied to Philly. Every bit the historical center as Boston. Actually, perhaps more so, seeing as how Philly was one of the original capitals of our country and our nation was actually formed in Philly. Ever hear of the declaration of Independence? It was signed in Independence Hall in Philly. Philly also has it’s own Ivy League University, the University of Pennsylvania. Perhaps you should do a little more research before you post next time. New England (and Boston in particular) may have been the epicenter for the unrest that led to rebellion, but Philly and New York both served as centers of government before the creation of D.C., and both hosted various stages of our nation’s formation.

186. dwhitehurst says: Jan 12, 2011 12:29 AM

pervyharvin says:
    Jan 11, 2011 6:46 PM
    You have to understand about our hillbilly neighbors to our East. The average Packer fan is a WI country bumpkin with no idea how to make it in the real world…Lucky that those Philly fan convicts didn’t shank him.
    ———-

You’d never experience this type of thingy up der in Min-eh-SOE-duh, doan yah knoe….It’s true–the safest place for a visiting fan to attend a game. For sure, you have to deal with their blowhardiness the first half, but if their team is losing by halftime, which is most of the time, you won’t find any of their fans left at the game. They’re already off to get a cappuchino and shop at Akia. And I’m just talkin about the metrosexual its they call men up der, doan yah knoe.

187. stanklepoot says: Jan 12, 2011 12:29 AM

#
    nfl4ever says: Jan 11, 2011 10:59 PM

Stay classy northeast!

Typical northeast liberal elitist….hey feel free to join the EU anytime guys.
    _________________________
    Well, better a “northeast liberal elitist” than a Texan or Alaskan pseudo-patriotic secessionist. It’s funny, these people that want to claim that they, and only they, know what it means to be true patriots, are the first ones to attack others and talk about leaving or overturning the existing governmental structure as soon as their people are no longer in power. Patriotism isn’t patriotism when it comes with the stipulation that you always get your way. “Liberal elitists” may complain about some of the things the country has done, but I’ve never heard them talk about trying to overthrow the government or leave it.

188. quentincosta says: Jan 12, 2011 12:44 AM

moochzilla says:
    Jan 11, 2011 7:17 PM

——————————-

Dude, PMSL whe you go comparing Cheesesteak Heaven to the cities that have the Lourve and London Bridge…

I can’t stop; falling down laughing…

Oh wait, you have that big [Taco] bell too!

189. dailynorseman says: Jan 12, 2011 12:49 AM

You know what the funny thing is about all the Packer fans that are all outraged about this?

Had this happened to a Viking fan in. . .well, any NFL city. . .those same a-holes would be leading the charge to tell us how the Viking fan deserved it.

But hey. . .what else would you expect from a fan base that squealed with glee when the roof of the Metrodome collapsed and expressed disappointment that the stadium wasn’t filled with Vikings players, coaches, and fans when it happened?

190. quentincosta says: Jan 12, 2011 1:01 AM

smokehouse56 says:
    Jan 11, 2011 8:34 PM
    I live 60 miles west of Philly. I love Philly. It’s a world class city. Ask Jefferson, Adams, Madison, Washington and Franklin.

————————

Perhaps you can use the Comcast Intergoogle and find out that that those guys have been dead for about 200 years. Soooooooooooo, I am quite certain they would not recognize the place that you love…

But do me a favor and hit the Sullivan’s in KOP. I am 1%er – bro!

191. michfan says: Jan 12, 2011 1:28 AM

I went to a Eagles game years ago while on a business trip! I understand why they have a holding cell and “jail” on site. Those “young” ( 20 to 30 yr olds) needed to be locked up! Young my ***! Philly, will always need to let others be themselves, if you are the true ” home of Independence Hall” What a toilet!

192. goomba33 says: Jan 12, 2011 1:39 AM

people in philly dont care what others think..end of story..were gonna keep being dickheads scumbags and d bags…we dont give a F

193. natelan says: Jan 12, 2011 1:43 AM

True: Every team has violently drunk and stupid fans at their games, though some teams more than others.

True: This Packers fan asked for trouble the moment he bought his ticket, though he could’ve never foreseen such violence and he technically has a right to be there.

True: Philly fans have earned this reputation fairly because of the frequency and ferocity with which they abuse their opposing fans, teams, themselves (death by cheese steak is a hell of a way to go), and even their own team.

True: The Raiders fans are still the scummiest, trashiest, most worthless people in the history of organized sports.

Philly fans are up there, but let’s give credit where it’s due, Raider fans should be euthanized or sterilized like stray animals so they don’t spread their criminality and disease to the general public.

194. alexnexus says: Jan 12, 2011 1:48 AM

Again with the cheap news bias BS.

This kind of antisocial behavior happens in every fan community, just watch the riots after the L.A. Lakers or the Montreal Canadiens games.

Unfortunately, it looks like you are a part of the problem when pointing fingers at Eagles fans, when the real truth escapes your lousy commentaries.

195. discosucs2005 says: Jan 12, 2011 1:48 AM

@stanklepoot

I was going to give an actual response to your post, but seeing as you implicitly compared Harvard and MIT to UPenn, I don’t think it is worth it. You clearly missed the tone of my comment and don’t warrant any actual, thought out response.

196. leroyquimby says: Jan 12, 2011 2:01 AM

If you don’t like it, don’t come.

197. facebook.com/joesimmonscomic AKA Slow Joe (Bucs fan) says: Jan 12, 2011 2:25 AM

Maybe the NFL should raise ticket prices to keep out the riffraff.

198. lionglass says: Jan 12, 2011 3:38 AM

I find it rather rich that some of the Eagles fans posting here trying to fight against their image were shouting bad journalism. The fact is that the negative image of Eagles fans are well deserved.

Why did I say it was “rich”? Simple. On August 5th, 2007, the Philadelphia Inquirer printed an AP article about the induction speeches made the day before. That morning most of the sports fans across the nation were abuzz about Michael Irvin’s moving speech the night before.

Only the version of the article printed in the Inquirer had no mention of Irvin whatsoever. The article had been edited to read that Charles Sanders, who played for the Lions, stole the show with his speech, not Irvin!

The leading newspaper of Philadelphia committed journalistic dishonesty by editing an AP article not written by any of its employees, and omitting any references to a well-known HOF receiver and crediting a less-known (but completely deserving of HOF) player for a show-stealing speech.

That, to me, is a damning indiction on Philly sports culture. Yeah, stay classy, schmucks!

199. sasquash69 says: Jan 12, 2011 4:21 AM

My brothers I love you. But why didn’t you smash his wind shield? That way he couldn’t have driven home. Must of been rookies who did that. Either way I’m proud of the fact we destroy property of the enemies. Don’t care what some DBs from other cities think because we will kick your ass. Class is just a word, Bad ass is way of life.

200. insider7 says: Jan 12, 2011 4:53 AM

Attending Super Bowl 39 in Jacksonville (Patriots-Eagles) was an eye-opener as to how outrageous the Philly fans really were. They were over-the-top with their foul language (even the women, in the presence of young children) and desire to start fighting with anybody who was not cheering the Eagles on. I’ve attended 6 Super Bowls and this was the worst behavior I’ve seen at a Super Bowl, by far. It was much, much worse than anything I’ve seen, even at Yankees-Red Sox games. The Jets fans that I have encountered at NFL games are like choir boys compared to Eagles fans.

These factual recountings about the Philly fans are widely documented and confirmed by members of the national media who attended Super Bowl 39.

Even New York fans are better behaved than Philly fans, and that’s saying something (coming from a Boston fan).

201. gbfanforever says: Jan 12, 2011 7:22 AM

You’re a true moron moochzilla. You think you know my politics simply because I live in the midwest? Why am I not surprised to see a small minded comment from an eagles fan? Do you think I would want to bring my kids to a game in philly and risk having a jerk puke on them purposely, throw something at them, call them names, or wreck the car we came in? Pathetic.

202. homerpimpson says: Jan 12, 2011 8:02 AM

I’m a Cowboys fan that hates the Eagles…but it’s never fair to generalize. Any logical person knows that the majority of a fanbase doesn’t react with violence/destruction to the outcome of a game…unless they’re Canadian.

203. mrssmith says: Jan 12, 2011 8:14 AM

There are idiots at every home stadium. I’ve been to Indy, Pit, NE (twice), Charlotte, Meadowlandss stadium just in the past few years without any issue. I wear my colors and cheer for my team and other than a few words here and there I had no issues. But I know people who went to those same games did have issues.

It depends where you sit (and I guess where you park). It only takes one ass in the stands to escalate the situation.

204. jjackwagon says: Jan 12, 2011 8:21 AM

It was probably 2 or 3 mindless drunks out of 70k+ fans but every city has them and those few give the whole fanbase a bad name.
    Roll up in somebody else’s house sporting the wrong gear and then you cry about what happens.
    What’s next? Mike Tyson inviting you up to his room @ 3am and the next morning you cry rape?

205. 1seriously1 says: Jan 12, 2011 8:24 AM

@greggyd717
    ————————–
    greggyd717 says:
    Jan 11, 2011 7:32 PM
    My favorite comment?

——————————

Still laughing!

Some Redskins fans still think they have a shot at the playoffs this season. They are afraid to believe that McNabb and Shamahan wasn’t enough to even get the team out of the basement of the NFC East.

206. boomerdt says: Jan 12, 2011 8:26 AM

Um…. how is this different than any other NFL game if you’re a fan of the visiting team?

At least he wasn’t assulted (Hello Jets fans) or fell out of a stadium (Bears)…….

207. robmargo says: Jan 12, 2011 8:31 AM

What a horrible story – especially for a wisconsin packer fan. Lambeau field is one of the most famous football places in America and all the people there are as nice as you can be. They are hospitable to everyone from the worst of vikings fans to eagles fans.

Hey Philadelphia! Just because someone wears opossing colors does not make it acceptable to trash them or their cars.

And i’m tired of the one person doesn’t represent all of Philadelphia – its a culture. Drunk people will always be obnoxious however its the fact that no one in Philadelphia is going to stop them from trashing a car that they were allowed to do this.

This would never happen in New York, Boston, and definitely not in Green Bay.

What a travesty.

208. kingjoe1 says: Jan 12, 2011 8:32 AM

Maybe the dude should stay home and watch the game. I dont hang out in hick country bars because I know i would get my a$$ kicked.

Apparently this guy teaches at a community college; if he was smart he would know not to flaunt Packer colors in Philadelphia.

209. pervyharvin says: Jan 12, 2011 8:35 AM

moochzilla says:Philly. NYC. Boston. San Fran. Chicago. LA.

The rest of the nation is a 3rd world nation aside from these places.
    ======================================
    Pretty obvious you know Philly sucks for you defend it with such passion.Philly natives do not know how to speak properly. They tend to be very abrasive. Most of these types live in South Philly or the Northeast. The cool people you meet actually are not natives. The natives are generally douche bags who paint their face green and scream at Tvs as their loser football team loses.

Pat’s vs. Geno’s cheese steaks is your claim to fame. And you call the Midwest losers,loser?

210. joepags says: Jan 12, 2011 8:38 AM

living in the philly area, but not being an eagles fan, PHILLY FANS DO GET A BAD RAP!!! i go other sporting events to other cities, and ya know what, SAME TYPE OF THINGS DO HAPPEN IN OTHER CITIES!!!! for some reason the LAZY MEDIA always go to that “go to ” file when its philly! if any news writers had talent anymore they stop beatng this dead horse!!!!

211. joepags says: Jan 12, 2011 8:40 AM

dude shouldnt have been driving an imported piece of crap!!! should have bought american!!!

212. moochzilla says: Jan 12, 2011 8:47 AM

Let me tell you something else from my experience having lived in NYC (Manhattan, Bronx), Chicago (Lincoln Park), Boston, and Philly.

NYC – people are very friendly, but mostly at work. When you live on top of one another, there’s an aversion to getting too close to people across the hall or next door. But the notion of the nasty, grizzled New Yorker is, to me, a total myth. You also tend to only interact with only those who are in the same economic class as you. NYC is diverse, but the busienss world in Manhattan isn’t.

Boston – if you are not from New England, you’ll never be fully welcomed in. They’re civil to you, but not warm. That’s not a slam, that’s just the way it goes up there. Not much diversity.

Chicago – all in very friendly (and not necessarily in the cheesy Midwest Nice way), but they tend to keep with the people they’ve known all their lives. Neighborhoods and suburbs are VERY segregated by race and income.

Philly – when we moved to here the neighbors were very welcoming. They talked to us, they played with our kids. These were new yuppie residents as well as old-school locals who lived on the block for years (and made fun of us for paying so much for our homes there). We had rich neighbors, ones who were struggling, older people on pensions. Of every race.

That was a major issue for me – and it killed Atlanta. Seemed like any given area was all-white or all-African American. In Philly, everyone mixes.

Now, that may be my personal unique set of experiences. I’m just telling you that these are the people I’ve met in my travels across a few of the nation’s bigger cities.

I would love to retire to the Bay Area, but for now I’m staying here.

And yes, the Eagles game is a rough environment. But it’s the same as Jets, Giants, Browns, Pats, Raiders, etc, etc. NFL Sunday is a drinking event. Let’s be honest. For that reason, I don’t go the games no matter where I live. It’s like St. Patty’s Day and New Year’s Eve – amateur hour – all rolled up into one.

213. cleverbob says: Jan 12, 2011 8:53 AM

nfl4ever says:
    Jan 11, 2011 11:19 PM
    Another thing about Philadelphia and it’s rich sports history.

======================================

It’s lame because that’s where all the tourists flock to. None of the locals go there…

And why does everyone try to sweep under the rug the horrible behavior of NYG fans? They trashed cars in their stadium parking lot after losing to the Eagles last season. They also taunted Saints fans about Hurricane Katrina when that “home game” was moved to NY.

214. kingdomofeagles says: Jan 12, 2011 9:06 AM

First off, I do not condone the actions of what occurred on Sunday night to that Green Bay Packers fan’s vehicle.

But with that being said it’s completely unfair that this story is being blown up in both local and national news media simply because it occurred in Philadelphia – home of where Santa was ‘supposedly’ hammered by snowballs.

It’s funny how it’s not brought up how Green Bay Packers’ fans disrespect visiting teams Players, Coaches and fans to Lambeau stadium by throwing rocks, flipping the the bird, cursing, and giving them the Ol’ Lambeau Salute (mooning the visiting team while they leave the parking lot in their team bus.)

Those actions I just mentioned happen nearly every solitary home game at Lambeau field. And yet, a poor decision by a few drunken Eagles fans have to tarnish our reputation even more.

It’s just not right and not responsible that the majority of Eagles fans have to be blamed for the mistake of a few drunken idiots.

215. gregjennings85 says: Jan 12, 2011 9:25 AM

In all seriousness, ‘kingdomofeagles’, mooning a bus, and jumping on a Camry filled with a dad and his son are two very different things. I think that comment by you raises the issue; what you consider ‘horsing around’ is actually assault.

216. moochzilla says: Jan 12, 2011 9:36 AM

Yeah, the booing of Santa became snowballs at Santa and in a few cases car batteries at Santa.

Whatever helps a C- writer make his deadline so he can lave at 5pm. No professional pride.

Funny that the red staters who claim the actions of one Eagles fan implies guilt of ALL Eagles fans (inclusive of something that happened with Santa before I was born).

Yet those same people would be aghast if you claimed the actions of on gun nut school shooter implied the guilt of ALL gun owners.

217. ytnewton says: Jan 12, 2011 10:08 AM

I am a season ticket holder in Philly. There were plenty of GB fans that seemed to be having a great time on Sunday at the game. There were some who had a really bad time though because they couldn’t shut their mouths! If you go to an opposing stadium and talk sh*t and get in people’s faces prepare for a beat down! No excuse to trash a man’s car though.

218. cindyvvideo says: Jan 12, 2011 10:27 AM

I went to the Packers-Falcons game the Sunday after Thanksgiving. It was in Atlanta’s Georgia Dome. My dad and I wore neutral colors (blue) so that Falcon fans would leave us alone. They did. But there were hundreds of Packer Fans at the game and I would have been comfortable wearing my A-Rod jersey. But Dad was really uncomfortable so I wore blue for him. You pick your fights with your elderly dad and this wasn’t one worth fighting for. Go Pack Go!

219. theoriginalcaptainmarvel says: Jan 12, 2011 10:39 AM

Peckers fans are always whining about something.

220. phillysoulfan says: Jan 12, 2011 11:44 AM

Mr. Rosenthal, I am a Philly fan. As Anthony Gargano would say, I’m four for four. I appreciate your sentiment regarding this man’s car. I’m probably more pissed about it then the owner of the car. I resent being lumped in with those neanderthals. However, your tone suggests that every time something like this happens in Philly, we take the stance that it happens everywhere else too. No, that’s not what we are saying. We are saying that if you are going to be outraged over this, then show your outrage when it happens elsewhere too. Is it that outlandish to expect equal treatment?

@insider7
    “Excuse me, Mr. Rosenthal. Your suggestion that Boston fans are on a par with the “boorish” behavior of Philly fans is off base.”

Have you been to a Red Sox game lately?

221. ruvelligwebuike says: Jan 12, 2011 11:51 AM

Yes, Philadelphia has an aire of class that no midwesterner can comprehend. Especially in the fine dining category…

“I’ll have a Cheesesteak American…”

“Wit or witout?”

“Umm…what?”

“Get the f—out of here. Next!”

Yep, Philly reeks of high society and wealth.

222. silverback9999 says: Jan 12, 2011 12:00 PM

I grew up an hour from Philly, a lifelong Steeler fan. Dealing with Eagle fans made me hate the Eagles more than any sports franchise, even more than other AFC north rivals. Philly fans are obnoxious and fair weather. No class. Thankfully as a Steeler fan one thing always ends the argument: 6 rings…no rings. Philly, much like Cincy, always brings in idiots(T.O., Vick, Stallworth etc) and just like Cincy you’ll never get over the hump with those types. I love when D. Jackson immediately throws Vick under the bus after the Sunday loss. Beautiful. Jackson epitomizes the franchise and their fan base. I’ll take old, slow Hines Ward over DJax anyday. Have fun coming up short every year Philly. Stay classy.

223. kscogg says: Jan 12, 2011 12:13 PM

hey philly fans, here is an idea why not act like grown ups and not trash other people’s things? why not act civilized, like you were hopefully raised to be? you don’t want the bad rap then do something about it. the reason philly gets mentioned more than any other city is because something seemingly happens there all the time.

i didn’t read one single philly fan say anything negative regarding the actions of his fellow fans. its sad really that you don’t seem to get it. you don’t play for the team, you’re not a badass and with any luck karma will make you its bitch.

224. jesusjustletmeregister says: Jan 12, 2011 12:28 PM

Stay unoriginal and nerdy, people who wrote “stay classy”.

225. smfowler says: Jan 12, 2011 1:07 PM

Attention Green Bay fans.

Feel free to make the trip to ATL. We may jaw with you a little bit, but your cars and health won’t be in danger, win or lose.

226. t1tan5 says: Jan 12, 2011 2:31 PM

This kind of stuff has happened before in Philadelphia:

It’s not to say that all Philadelphians are like this, but to say that this incident is isolated would be wrong, IMO.

227. 81daytona says: Jan 12, 2011 2:33 PM

There only a few truly notorious fan bases out there.

Boston.

New York.

Oakland.

Ohio State…(seriously…these people are not rational)

Philadelphia.

But Philly takes the prize as they are the only ones who’ve managed to combine:

1. Booing Santa Claus.

2. Cheering when an opposing player has a significant injury.

4. Bringing alkaline batteries to a game (now THAT is planning ahead).

5. Having the only NFL stadium to have it’s own on-site courtroom.

5. Endorsing and hiring a convicted felon for a QB…c’mon, you’re just reinforcing and encouraging the drunken morons in the stands now…

Yep…Philadelphia…the undisputed and undefeated champion of asshattery…

228. contra74 says: Jan 12, 2011 2:49 PM

robmargo says:
    Jan 12, 2011 8:31 AM
    This would never happen in New York, Boston, and definitely not in Green Bay.

What a travesty.
    ———————
    I do believe Lambeau is the only stadium in the NFL that sports bullet holes up in its atrium windows.

229. rushmatic says: Jan 12, 2011 3:03 PM

Why aren’t my comments posting? I’ve tried twice now. Watch this waste of a comment get through.

230. rushmatic says: Jan 12, 2011 3:04 PM

Wow. Ridiculous.

231. rushmatic says: Jan 12, 2011 3:06 PM

jesusjustletmeregister says:

Stay unoriginal and nerdy, people who wrote “stay classy”.

__________

You beat me to it. Too funny.

If I were to approach my car with a bunch of idiots jumping all over it, I’d go to jail for maiming people with the gun I don’t own. It’s an imaginary scenario.

232. snarkygurl says: Jan 12, 2011 3:28 PM

81daytona says: Ohio State…(seriously…these people are not rational)
    ================
    As a Big Ten fan….not Ohio State….HILARIOUS!!

233. blitz1717 says: Jan 12, 2011 3:50 PM

I think its time that the NFL starts to put major fines on teams like this that are repeat offenders of fan violence. Joking around is one thing but harming people or property says that the organization needs to take the proper steps to fix the problem or risk losing the franchise. Scum like this is what gives the Philly fans a bad name. I know many philly fans that hate this behavior and I also know some that love it. Constant problems require action!

234. jagerbmb says: Jan 12, 2011 4:59 PM

Must be something in the water

235. greggyd717 says: Jan 12, 2011 5:18 PM

I enjoy those who criticize the Eagles for “giving a felon a job.” If any of you were convicted and needed a job, would they say the same? Maybe that’s a little too personal because you would never do such a horrible thing.

How about if a family member (child, parent, sibling, etc) was convicted of a crime, came out of prison a changed person, and an employer said “No” simply bc of their criminal history? Would that be ok with you or would you be thankful that someone was willing to give them a second chance? Think.

236. viper21 says: Jan 12, 2011 5:29 PM

Must just be a culmination of frustration from NEVER seeing Philly win a lombardi trophy. Theres half a dozen down the road aways….. come to think of it, the Eagles are the ONLY team in the NFC East who havnt won one…hahahahaha

Every team in their division has MULTIPLE Lombardi’s. Philly = 0 lmao…..

237. 81daytona says: Jan 12, 2011 6:51 PM

@greggyd717:

Welcome to corporate America, bub…99% of the Fortune 500 jobs will dismiss you immediately for a felony conviction.

And if the NFL does not rank towards the top of the Fortune 500 companies, I don’t know who does…

No…”think” before you do the deed…not afterwards…

Most felony convictions don’t happen because of an “accident”…felonies usually involve “intent” or “criminal negligence”.

Now…think…

238. greggyd717 says: Jan 12, 2011 7:44 PM

Does a Fortune 500 company dismissing someone based on the past justify it and make it alright? It surely makes the employment screening process much easier. However, does that mean that all companies should do it? If one serves the time for the crime committed, he/she has paid their debt and deserves a second chance if someone is willing to give it to them.

If a company (business, sports, pick your realm of work) decides to take a chance on someone who has paid said debt, then good for them. They shouldn’t be ridiculed for doing so. Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie had a long, long meeting with Vick and deemed that he was remorseful and a changed person. Why would the team not hire him if he and the rest of the coaches felt that he would be good for the job? While his actions in the past are inexcusable, by no means should he (or the Eagles) be chastised for their decision.

239. oldbyrd says: Jan 12, 2011 9:21 PM

I have been a Eagles Fan probably longer than all of you. I go back to Franklin Field days. I opened and closed The Vet. This all my fellow Eagles Fans is just shameful. ITS A GAME…

240. sasquash69 says: Jan 13, 2011 1:41 AM

I would like to thank all the brother and sister Eagles fans who booed M.Irvin. I almost forgot about that wonderful day. With so many people bringing that back up, it brought a smile to my face.God I miss the Vet. I would like to promise all Eagles fans that I will beat up a Cowgirl, or Foreskin, or better yet a north jersey/new york swampland piece of garbage next football season. I did smash a bottle over a penguins fan at a flyers game earlier this year, it was empty though. I love being a classless, scummy, uneducated, bad ass mofo from Philthy.

241. cosmo2011 says: Jan 13, 2011 2:37 AM

Lighten up…upon further inspection the dents to the car and broken mirror were the result being hit by David Akers missed field goals. Dude should have never parked his car ‘wide right’.

242. waynefontes says: Jan 13, 2011 7:02 AM

moochzilla says:
    Jan 11, 2011 10:19 PM
    Philly. NYC. Boston. San Fran. Chicago. LA.

The rest of the nation is a 3rd world nation aside from these places.

Who cares what a bunch of people who prefer “Papa John’s” think about ANYTHING.

————————————————–

You sure seem to care an awful lot, seeing as how you’ve responded over and over.

243. gbmickey says: Jan 13, 2011 10:04 AM

Just go on the link and convince me Philly fans all the attention is unwarranted. Look at the atmosphere ranking and you will see the just how poorly you measure up.

244. sterilizecromartie says: Jan 13, 2011 10:04 AM

I’m with the guy who said that the Eagles should pay for this. Don’t they have parking lot security at these things? How did they make dents in the hood? Did they really jump up and down on the hood and no security saw it?

I live in Scranton (2 hours North of Philly). I have been to lots of Eagles games. I am at the point now that I actually cringe when I see a poor soul walk in wearing the opposing teams gear. I cringe because I know that unless that person sits there quietly and does not make a sound, they are going to be verbally destroyed by the fans. Even something as small as a fist pump or a clap when their team does something good and they are going to be cursed up and down. It’s pathetic.

Unfortunately, these poor souls actually bring their young children to the games with them. That’s just dumb. I can’t put it all on the Philly fans. At this point it should be common knowledge that you can’t bring kids to Eagles games.

245. quentincosta says: Jan 13, 2011 12:19 PM

BrInt Farvruh

246. mrklutch says: Jan 13, 2011 7:39 PM

Next time, take a cab. And don’t bring your child to an Eagles playoff game. Rookie mistake.

247. kennyrogerschicken says: Jan 13, 2011 8:30 PM

nbcstinks –

My last trip to the Dome wearing a Packer jersey got me several free beers. Why? Some Viking jackass decided to dump his on me for wearing a Greg Jennings jersey. Pretty sure all fans are capable of being horrible people, it’s just the small number who ruin it for everyone else.

248. kennyrogerschicken says: Jan 13, 2011 8:32 PM

contra74 –

Yeah? I saw a guy get shot and killed on the corner of Washington and Chicago a few years ago. Know what’s a block down the road? Your precious Metrodome. Crime is everywhere, moron, and your comparison sucks.

249. discosucs2005 says: Jan 13, 2011 8:41 PM

@ moochzilla

I didn’t mean to sell Chicago short, but I didn’t want to say the same thing about every city.

Excellent post. You’ve made a great case for Philly.

250. deconjonesbitchslap says: Jan 13, 2011 10:36 PM

eagles fans are the most insufferable fart stains in all of sports.

251. bcozthenight says: Jan 14, 2011 1:23 PM

Moochzilla,

We all get that you’re a little insecure about Philly.

But that doesn’t give you the right to insult Boston by saying it’s like Philadelphia.

Boston is nothing like Philadelphia.

I’ll agree with you that Wharton and Sloane are roughly the same. Nothing special. Neither can be mentioned next to HBS.

Don’t tell. Let me guess. You didn’t get in, right?

BTW, I looked up Fairmount home prices on Zillow. You’re bragging about that? You’ve got to be kidding. The average looks to be about $400k. For that amount of money most of the people in your neighborhood can just about afford to be homeless in Boston.

Love,

Mom.

252. obsession55 says: Jan 14, 2011 1:43 PM

At least they didnt get puked on!

253. juancorsair says: Jan 15, 2011 9:56 AM

kingdomofeagles says:

What a load of B.S.

I have been to Lambeau several times, and despite the fact that all liquor laws are suspended on Game Day, I have yet to see a fist fight, wanton vandalism or degenerate behaviour from anyone there. While the locals may engage in some good-natured ribbing, they depend on the money that football brings into their state and treat all visiting fans with respect.

On the other hand, we shared a taxi with a couple from Philly for the 2007 Lambeau Field home opener. He was an Eagles fan while his wife was a Packers fan. During the ride over, the woman remarked that she could not believe “how nice” the people of Green Bay are. Both her and her husband stated that had she wore her Green Bay sweater to a game in Philly, she would have been verbally abused and “spit on”. They both said that fans of opposing teams simply aren’t welcome at the Linc.

I personally have never been to Philly, but judging on what others have told me, you lot have a reputation for a reason. Some of the comments on here from the Eagles fanbase stating this guy “deserved it” because he was a Packers fan, and that if you “roll up in somebody else’s house sporting the wrong gear” you “shouldn’t cry” after being abused doesn’t exactly make me chomp a the bit to go there. The city sounds like a Class A ghetto and the people there sound like lowlife degenerates. Then again, what do you expect from a fanbase that embraces a sociopathic, VD spreading ex-con QB simply because he wins a couple football games?

254. sasquash69 says: Jan 16, 2011 1:47 AM

For the record I’m an Eagles fan, and I hate Mike Vick. Call me a hater or whatever. I just hate the fact he is on my team. I don’t think hes that good but his play has nothing to do with why I hate him. I’m an animal lover, and what he did was a sickness. It is a sickness. I only pray he bleaps up again before we sign him.I didn’t want my 1st SB to be with him at the helm. So please stop saying we all like this guy. I have no class and throw whatever at opposing fans but I do not like R.Mexico aka DOG KILLER aka Mike Vick. Now please call me/us classless, snow ball throwing, santa haters. Thank You

255. mostepicgnar says: Jan 16, 2011 1:52 AM

2002, a fan and his father attempt to STAB firstbase coach Tom Gamboa. Chew it up, taste it and get back to me. Enough with the Philly bashing……..

256. Matt-NC says: Jan 16, 2011 9:36 AM

I didn’t hear of any post-game violence or vandalism in Atlanta.

257. stopmakingexcuses says: Jan 16, 2011 3:17 PM

What do you expect from Philadelphia fans? Look how scummy Philly is. They were just being themselves. Criminals.

258. jimeejohnson says: Jan 17, 2011 12:15 PM

Seeing the SF Giants beat the Phillies was awesome. Seeing the Packers beat the Eagles was incredible. But seeing Philadelphia fans acting like thugs is expected. From the loser who forced himself to puke on that cop and his daughter, to the garbage who wrecked this guy’s car, fans of Philadelphia teams suck!

259. whocares610 says: Jan 17, 2011 3:22 PM

silverback9999 says:
    Jan 12, 2011 12:00 PM
    __________________________________

A Steeler fan calling anyone “fair-weather”. Hilarious!

260. nickynick04 says: Jan 21, 2011 3:34 PM

How many years since the Eagles last Super Bowl win. ? Ah wait a minute….
    Hey Baldinger,,you picked the Packers to lose against the Eagles you were wrong,,you picked Atlanta to beat Gb,,you were wrong,,now you pick Chicago over the Packers…..why should we believe you this time

261. dallassux says: Jan 22, 2011 12:42 PM

@juancorsair

__________________________________

Then shut up! Case closed.