Terrell Suggs has a message for the city of Pittsburgh

Baltimore Ravens v Pittsburgh Steelers

Not content to let the Jets do all the trash talking this week, Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs came to work Wednesday with a very specific message for the Steelers and the city of Pittsburgh.

Well, we can’t really call it trash “talk” exactly — more of a salute.   Just take a look.

Teammate Ray Lewis grabbed Suggs in a bear hug on Suggs’ way to the podium Wednesday, and tried to get him to change his shirt.  Suggs insists he’s not trying to get Pittsburgh fans.

“Like I said, I put on for my city,” Suggs said.  “They rep their city, and I’m repping mine. So here we go.”

He’s not worried about how he’ll be greeted in the Steel city.

“I don’t care,” Suggs said.  “I don’t play for them. I think they hate all of us just the same. If I get a little bit more, hey, that’s good.”

UPDATE:  There is now video proof.

Permalink 88 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
88 Responses to “Terrell Suggs has a message for the city of Pittsburgh”
  1. steelernation1 says: Jan 12, 2011 3:17 PM

ok and?thats supposed to mean something.we have a superbowl ring for that finger :)

2. steelernation1 says: Jan 12, 2011 3:18 PM

oh wait AND 5 other fingers.

3. jrizzo575 says: Jan 12, 2011 3:21 PM

How classy, hon.

Baltimore is a wretched s***hole.

4. poodawg says: Jan 12, 2011 3:25 PM

The message:

“When the refs not looking, I’m going to punch you all in the head!”

5. tritan306 says: Jan 12, 2011 3:25 PM

hahahaha… nice. I like this guy more and more.

6. gtisme says: Jan 12, 2011 3:28 PM

I am a Ravens fan and I….umm….uh….jeesh. Well, it is a fun rivalry though, right? Lets get back to talking about the Jets guys ok? Go Ravens!

7. cornellsteelers says: Jan 12, 2011 3:28 PM

Beau-ti-ful! Keep it up Suggs, you’re digging your team’s grave. You should have listed to Ray Ray!

8. worldsgreatest says: Jan 12, 2011 3:28 PM

Baltimore is awesome. Suggs is awesome. This is awesome! Calm down Pittsburgh fans, we ain’t mad atcha.

9. sportsinhd says: Jan 12, 2011 3:33 PM

The professional teams (Steelers and Pats) are keeping their mouths shut. The stupid teams are providing plenty of bulletin board material.

10. mvp43 says: Jan 12, 2011 3:33 PM

Well Terrell- I have a message for you!

Why don’t you go back to mamby pamby land you Jackwagon!

11. kirkandhanh says: Jan 12, 2011 3:34 PM

Hey Terrell! Wanna go for a swim? Oh wait…

12. kennadrin says: Jan 12, 2011 3:34 PM

Hey post some pics of your rings, I would love to see them close up..

You are a couch monkey .. idiot

13. kennylee1221 says: Jan 12, 2011 3:35 PM

typical…

14. dixon29 says: Jan 12, 2011 3:35 PM

These two teams deserve each other. A bunch of class-less idiots. Murders, Rapist, and they are some of the nicer ones.

15. kennadrin says: Jan 12, 2011 3:38 PM

Btw @ Squealernation

16. worldsgreatest says: Jan 12, 2011 3:38 PM

People on PFT planet and football fans take the game way too seriously. Lighten up. Its only a game.

Suggs knows how to work it, and is hilarious. He shows up on Sunday to boot. He has nothing to prove.

17. SteelTown6 says: Jan 12, 2011 3:42 PM

LOL.
    Clearly the Steelers are in this guys head.

He wore this one last year.

18. johnah says: Jan 12, 2011 3:43 PM

The Ravens must be trying to get the Steelers off their game because otherwise this trash talk by players and their freaking coach is just stupid.

This is going to be a hard hitting game played by tough men. Shut up and play and may the best team win.

19. herokravon says: Jan 12, 2011 3:43 PM

Baltimore is 0 for life in meaningful games against teams from Pittsburgh.

20. bunkmcnulty says: Jan 12, 2011 3:45 PM

Suggs…just stupid. I love my team but hate him.

21. kokoskmr says: Jan 12, 2011 3:45 PM

As Steelers fans complain about this, please keep in mind that Sugg’s attire is no more offensive that what Steelers (and other) fans routinely post on this and other sites. It expresses an attitude that I am sure was shared by many Steelers fans after week 4. It expresses an attitude that many Ravens fans shared after week 13. It is similar to Heinz Ward saying “They don’t like us and we, sure as hell, don’t like them”. It’s not disrespect, it’s attitude. If you want to post it on your bulletin board, go ahead. Otherwise, to quote @worldsgreatest: “Calm down Pittsburgh fans, we ain’t mad atcha.”

22. brutus9448 says: Jan 12, 2011 3:49 PM

All the ravens have to do is put a 21 year old coed on the other sideline and rothlesbergers will lose all focus and the ravens will win.

23. Deb says: Jan 12, 2011 3:50 PM

steelernation1 says:

ok and that’s supposed to mean something. we have a superbowl ring for that finger
    ————————————————-
    Great comment!

It was a kidlike thing for a pro player to wear. Props to Lewis for trying to tell him that.

24. romoscollarbone says: Jan 12, 2011 3:52 PM

Haha I’m a Cowboys fan, and I want that shirt. Suggs is cool, just stirring the pot. Playoff football is awesome.

Pitt – 13
    B’more – 14.

25. Steeler's Will says: Jan 12, 2011 3:54 PM

Wish I could see the picture at work :(

Please I hope it isn’t one of those hilarious Calvin n’ Hobbes urinating on the other team pictures.

26. jetsarestacked says: Jan 12, 2011 3:55 PM

LOL

i dont get how people can get so worked up about this stuff. i love it. as a fan i want the players on my team to hate our rivals as much as i do. suggs is the man. f pittsburgh and f tom brady.

27. footballfan says: Jan 12, 2011 3:55 PM

LOL!!! That’s pretty funny!! I see no reason to get worked up over that. I have seen my share of shirts at football games that went way farther than that!!

28. swagsn says: Jan 12, 2011 3:56 PM

Hey Suggs, maybe you should beat the Steelers in a playoff game.

Anyone else feel like the Ravens, just like the Jets feel the need to towards the Patriots, are like the little annoying brother that talks smack because they know they will get the snot beat out of them so they may as well make it fun.

29. Jack Burton says: Jan 12, 2011 3:57 PM

I can’t lie the guy tore up the O-line last game but this kind of stuff can reflect badly if you get destroyed.

30. drednot says: Jan 12, 2011 3:57 PM

Well i’m pretty sure this will be the only place you here about it. ESPN seems to think there’s only ONE rivalry game this weekend. They have NOT mentioned the other three games taking place this weekend at all. They (ESPN) suck!!

31. sddartman says: Jan 12, 2011 3:59 PM

I wonder how the people at the Madison Ave offices will veiw this. Afterall, it tarnishes the shield. Rex Ryan and others have been fined for flying birds.

32. natelifer says: Jan 12, 2011 4:02 PM

The Ravens and Jets sure do have some pretty mature players on their teams. You fans must be proud.

33. harrisonhits2 says: Jan 12, 2011 4:03 PM

As a Pats fans I expect that after the Ravens lose this weekend we’ll hear their same old excuses and whining.

“Waa waaa the refs called penalties when we made dirty hits. Waaaa waaa we’re better than those guys. Waaa waaaa everything is always unfair to the Ravens WAAAAAAAA”

34. dmretrogames says: Jan 12, 2011 4:06 PM

Suggs should charge rent for the space the Steelers occupy in his head.

35. SteelTown6 says: Jan 12, 2011 4:09 PM

swagsn says: Jan 12, 2011 3:56 PM

“Actually, when was the last time you beat them when Roethlisberger was playing? Yeah, about three years ago.”

Longer than that. The Ratbirds haven’t beaten Roethlisberger since 2006.

36. Steeler's Will says: Jan 12, 2011 4:11 PM

Ok I got a good idea of the shirt now from the article in the B-Sun.

As for it being offensive:

If any football fan, Steeler or otherwise, gets their panties in a bunch over a zany TShirt worn by the opposing team, you should not be watching football. Most of those tshirts are worn league-wide, just altered depending on the team market. So they’re not even original. Worth a chuckle tho.

37. SteelTown6 says: Jan 12, 2011 4:12 PM

Suggs is just showing us his hand with no rings on it.

38. wtf2812 says: Jan 12, 2011 4:12 PM

Listen … I’m a Steelers fan and I LOVE this rivalry. I hate the Ravens, but I respect the hell out of them. I hate Suggs, but would welcome him with open arms if he wore black and gold and I’m sure the Ravens fans would fill a stadium with shirts with James Harrison’s number if he played for them.

Ed Reed is another one we Steeler fans would embrace if he played here. It’s all about respecting talent.

This is truly the greatest of rivalries … the players hate the other team and so do their fans. But there is respect there.

I hope all of you are enjoying the buildup to this game. It’s gonna be a great one.

39. bucsballer says: Jan 12, 2011 4:20 PM

LMAO, i love Suggs. for everyone who hates the guy. he is a freak and anyone who thinks not doesnt watch football.

40. stuartscottslefteye says: Jan 12, 2011 4:22 PM

Suggs is a jokester – you just have to know how to take him. Just like he said he was voting for Fitzpatrick over Brady for the Probowl (which he didn’t – he voted for Brady). He just likes to stir things up. Harmless fun – don’t get your panties in a wad. As far as all of the Steelers fans calling Baltimore a sh*thole – there are certainlty quite a few of you that also call it home….

41. shaunri says: Jan 12, 2011 4:25 PM

When Ray Lewis is telling you to tone it down, it should give you pause. Wonder when Suggs will be heading to the Jets? Seems like he’d be another perfect fit for Rex’s media circus.

42. Deb says: Jan 12, 2011 4:26 PM

@Steeler’s Will …

Actually, the artwork is beautiful. LOL

43. jc327 says: Jan 12, 2011 4:26 PM

Dont’ bother me, even if it’s against my team (and it ain’t), but that’s the kind of shirt a guy wears a few days before getting his butt handed to him on a football field.

44. 0marooney says: Jan 12, 2011 4:30 PM

Why is it that the Ravens are the only team talking trash between the two? This happens year after year yet they don’t learn their lesson. Hopefully the Steelers will put them in a place they belong in during the playoffs — home.

45. Bubby Brister says: Jan 12, 2011 4:31 PM

I don’t think one commenter here is offended by his shirt. Or any Steelers fan I’ve seen chime in on the subject, for that matter.

It’s more of an “Um… okay? Are we supposed to be scared because of this?” kind of sentiment.

One of my favorite thing about the drones of morons on this site is their amazing ability of assuming things without reading (then again, reading some of their comments tells me they don’t even know how to read).

And we all know you can’t spell assumption without the ass.

46. steelerzzzrule says: Jan 12, 2011 4:32 PM

*****WARNING***** The national weather service has issued a falling bird warning for Pittsburgh next Saturday starting at 4:30 and continuing until the end of the fourth quarter. Falling birds could be heavy at times especially around the Heinz Field area. Heavy accumulation is likely. POST AND REPOST ALL OVER STEELERS NATION! WE ARE EVERYWHERE

47. steelerzzzrule says: Jan 12, 2011 4:33 PM

Its a shirt. Big deal. Was this atricle really worth posting??

48. wallacejay says: Jan 12, 2011 4:35 PM

That’s funny. I wouldn’t expect anything less from T-sizzle. Hopefully he’ll be using that shirt to wipe his tears on Sunday as they leave Heinz with another playoff loss to the Steelers.

49. nfflsuckling says: Jan 12, 2011 4:44 PM

Maybe if that overated piece of garbage could have tackled big ben with 3 minutes to go instead of losing his grip and letting ben throw it away on 1st down, this game would be in baltimore. However, once again he failed to make a play in crunch time.

50. sundaysundaysunday says: Jan 12, 2011 4:45 PM

I am starting to get pissed off by my favorite team, when will these knuckleheads learn that trash talking the week before the game usually results in a loss. Suggs’ attitude is why he will never reach the heights of Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. He has the physical talent by like most NFL players, lacks the intelligence. The reason why Lewis and Reed will be first ballot HOFers is because they have the intelligence of the game. Even though both players have lost a step, they know how to read situations and react one step ahead. Suggs should have grown out of this stage when Pittsburgh dusted us off in the 2008 AFC Championship game.

51. holeinone09 says: Jan 12, 2011 4:47 PM

I don’t have a problem with that shirt. I am sure all the NFL cities have similar shirts making fun of their rivals. You should go down to the Strip District in Pittsburgh and see some of the shirts they are selling about the Browns, Bengals and Ravens. Not a big deal, even if he (instead of a Ravens fan) is wearing it. I doubt the Steelers will be intimidated, and I doubt that shirt will cause Steeler Nation to boo him any more than we already will at the game! Hey, on a related note, I wonder if GODell will fine him for wearing an obscene garment in violation of the league conduct clause LOL!

There is still more time for trash talking! CANNOT WAIT for the game! The winner of this game will win the Super Bowl IMO. Waiting to tailgate at Bettis’ bar beforehand!

GO STEELERS!!

52. raiderinpa says: Jan 12, 2011 4:50 PM

Too funny!….

Now fight nice kids…..

53. somesome says: Jan 12, 2011 4:52 PM

@steelernation1 says:
    Jan 12, 2011 3:17 PM
    ______________________________

HAHA .. great response, love it …

@wtf2812 says:
    Jan 12, 2011 4:12 PM

______________________
    I am 100% with you ….

now GO RAVENS!!!

Can’t wait and who knows it might be over 10 minutes in, I hope it will last ’til the end … you never know

54. somesome says: Jan 12, 2011 4:54 PM

@jrizzo575 says:
    Jan 12, 2011 3:21 PM
    How classy, hon.

Baltimore is a wretched s***hole.
    _________________________

this on the other hand from somebody who cheers for Pittsburgh … you ARE an idiot.

55. smellmyface says: Jan 12, 2011 5:01 PM

What a bunch of sensitive people on here. Its actually good to have some teams that really hate each other. Im sure if they hugged and went to dinner after the game you guys would love that right???

56. phathead7 says: Jan 12, 2011 5:11 PM

put a ring an it suggs.oh you cant you dont have one.want to borrow one of our six rings?

57. steelersmichele says: Jan 12, 2011 5:13 PM

“Like I said, I put on for my city,” Suggs said.

Ha Ha. Does he know how many Steelers fans live in and around Baltimore? I drive to work on 695 and you wouldn’t believe how many Steelers license plates I see with MD tags. Heck, there is a Pittsburgh Steelers Fan Club Of Maryland with official Steelers bars. The bar I go to in Fed Hill is full of Steelers fans.

But I can understand Suggs’s need to get his team pumped for the game any way he can. BTW, there are no ravens bars in Pittsburgh.

58. firegoodell says: Jan 12, 2011 5:13 PM

That’s cute – that finger shows 1 more than the wins the ravens have against the steelers in the playoffs.

59. postfixer says: Jan 12, 2011 5:46 PM

Rex must’ve left a little part of himself in Baltimore.

60. bonniebengal says: Jan 12, 2011 5:47 PM

I hate both teams. The only thing I will like about this game is watching them beat the crap out of each other.

61. locksmith52 says: Jan 12, 2011 5:52 PM

Suggs was trash for wearing the shirt. The only other free lessons will be given on Sunday.

Go Ravens

62. dabunkster says: Jan 12, 2011 5:55 PM

I like how half you morons say “we” have a ring for that finger. YOU didn’t win the super bowl while sitting on the couch eating potato chips.

The other half of you band wagon riders wouldn’t even know who the Steelers were if they didn’t win so many super bowls.

Leave it to PFT to once again provide a senseless and useless article.

The “Purple Pain Train” is coming, better lock up your kids. Oh wait, most of you probably don’t even live in that CRAP town anyway…

63. mborz says: Jan 12, 2011 6:06 PM

Trash talk and bulletin board material doesn’t matter in this rivalry. Both teams always give 110% no matter what. I don’t think there’s anything you could do to amp either team up anymore than they already will be.

64. Bubby Brister says: Jan 12, 2011 6:19 PM

Here’s some more simple math, locksmith:

3 of those titles belong to the COLTS and have absolutely nothing to do with the Ravens.

Here’s some even simpler math:

The Steelers have OWNED the Ravens from the very first time Ogden, Lewis and Stover put on a purple uniform.

65. rwjk says: Jan 12, 2011 6:43 PM

T. Suggs is my boy. Someone who actually reps his CITY. Half the steelers players have probably never even been inside of pittsburgh outside of gameday because it smells like a dead rat.

66. Deb says: Jan 12, 2011 6:44 PM

dabunkster, dabunkster, dabunkster …

Such disappointing drivel for a Ravens fan. Thought you guys understood passion.

Steeler Nation extends far beyond the boundaries of Pittsburgh. That may seem irrelevant to you, but it’s not to the Steelers when they’re playing away. I’m a Fla. girl who came aboard this “wagon” as a kid when my Steelers had just one more Super Bowl win then than your Ravens do now. I fell in love with a defense, not a trophy case. And if I were the bandwagoner you keep labeling everyone who’s been fans 30+ years, I’d have dumped them in the 80s when they didn’t do jack and my friends were wearing Marino jerseys.

The sport and the teams exist because of the fans, so heck yeah they’re our rings. They wouldn’t have had an opportunity to earn any of them if they were playing to empty stadiums and living rooms.

67. grudenthediva says: Jan 12, 2011 6:46 PM

Ray Ray was just trying to keep Suggs off the podium so he could get credit for the shirt.

Not only does he like to jump in and dance whenever one of his teammates does something on the field, apparently he has to intervene for fashion as well.

68. udontknowjaq says: Jan 12, 2011 6:49 PM

I think more Baltimorons are angry on this mess board than Steelers fans…LOL… The Steelers are in Sizzle’s head clearly & its cool he wants the city of B-more to experience what Pitt has been doin since he been there so we ain’t mad @ cha! But as long as B.Ben is on the Steelers. & they have Flacco its proly not gonna happen cause Bens owns Baltimore! Sorry but facts are facts!

69. locksmith52 says: Jan 12, 2011 7:29 PM

Hey Bubby – here is your free geography lesson. The Colts played in the city of Baltimore. Exactly as I said. Baltimore. I didn’t say Ravens. I guess we suck now because an owner moved the team from the city. As far as “Owning” the ravens the past few seasons: Guess you have been missing the stats all over TV this week. All stats are almost a dead heat. Go ahead – let me steal your thunder, except titles.

Cant wait for Saturday. Someone will be sore and angry and the arguments for this year will be over.

Hope its my Ravens. Your welcome on the geography, history, and math lesson. More education than you probably had growing up in Pittsburgh.

70. svenhoek86 says: Jan 12, 2011 7:45 PM

He’s scared. That’s what all this trash talk is. In Pittsburgh, it’s business as usual. Just another Ravens week to prepare for.

Their awfully jumpy in Baltimore.

71. silentparrot says: Jan 12, 2011 7:51 PM

dear pissburgh, Suggs is prettier than 99% of your women and children.

72. radrntn says: Jan 12, 2011 7:56 PM

nice

73. ncoolong says: Jan 12, 2011 8:27 PM

“@SteelerNation1 – I’m going to give you free history lesson. The town of Baltimore has 4 Championships in 44 years of football. The town of Pittsburgh has 6 championships in 77 years of football. I can give you a free math lesson if you would like that also. Baltimore wins Championships at a better rate than Pittsburgh.”

HA! Is that the mating call of the loser?? Are you honestly trying to draw credit for the championships won by the Colts?!?

We’ve only had one team. We’ve only needed one team. That one team has stayed with the same owner all these years, and never transplanted the team to a new location from an old location.

I’ll stick with our team and tradition, thanks though.

74. eagleswineagleswin says: Jan 12, 2011 8:51 PM

Steeler fans are trash. I hope Baltimore lays it on them

75. richm2256 says: Jan 12, 2011 9:05 PM

Deb says:
    ——————————————————-
    Yeah, sort of like a 28 year old Super Bowl winner showing up at a college bar wearing a Satan t-shirt.

76. iselldrugstoandyreidskids says: Jan 12, 2011 9:12 PM

I love when ppl talk about extra motivation and bulletin board material this is professional football if you need to use something like this to motiatw yourself for a game then you shouldn’t be playing football

77. cwb420 says: Jan 12, 2011 9:47 PM

And we have a super bowl ring to don’t worry polomolWho and mr ketchup are gonna get crushed this Saturday

78. deebo92 says: Jan 12, 2011 10:07 PM

bucsballer says:
    Jan 12, 2011 4:20 PM

——

I watch football and I think he is a freak. That’s why he belongs in the circus. Maybe with his helmet on?

79. Omar Comin says: Jan 13, 2011 7:53 AM

Nice Young Jeezy reference Sizzle… now go out there and play your game..

“yo yo yo, Omar comin’”

80. dastillersman says: Jan 13, 2011 9:28 AM

This is what separates losers from winners. Several years ago the Ravens were sporting shirts in training camp I believe that stated You Bet Your Sweet Ass I hate the Steelers.

Terrell Suggs admitted years ago to having a bounty out on the Steelers’ Hines Ward during a game.

John Harbaugh physically assaulted a ref earlier this season, resulting in a $15,000 fine.

John Harbaugh this week stated he was glad the Ravens broke Roethlisberger’s nose.

And now Thuggs wears this 1st class shirt.

A historical and world-class group of thugs, from the coach on down.

You don’t see the Steelers coaches, organization, or players behave this way. No bounties. No inflammatory and offensive T-Shirts. The coaches don’t assault the refs.

There’s a difference between being first class and low class. Perhaps this is why Baltimore continues to play second fiddle consistently in the AFC North.

81. raven4life21 says: Jan 13, 2011 10:22 AM

you wanna talk about class??? there is NO CLASS on either side when it comes to this rivalry… on the field or off… they hate eachother and there’s no defending either side… i personally respect the Steelers but H-A-T-E the majority of their ignorant fans and it goes likewise the other way around… Hines Ward is the dirtiest player on the Ravens and continuously takes cheap shots at players… Ray Lewis snatched him up by the facemask after a few plays last game to try and set him straight cuz he tried to cheap shot him… neither one of these teams is classy… so get over it people… if you are looking for class then watch a different game… this rivalry is too intense for class… and im all about class but you are lookin in the wrong place for it with these 2 teams

82. raven4life21 says: Jan 13, 2011 10:36 AM

after the number of f-bombs and fingers that these two teams fans give eachother.. this really doesn’t surprise me… this matchup is not for the faint of heart… sorry kids… sorry parents… don’t bring your little ones to this game please

83. raven4life21 says: Jan 13, 2011 10:58 AM

only a matter of time before Ben loses to B-more… it’s gonna happen… just you wait…

84. 1historian says: Jan 13, 2011 3:58 PM

don’t forget that whichever team wins this weekend they will in all probablity meet a team in the AFC finals which has already beaten them BOTH.

85. 1historian says: Jan 13, 2011 3:58 PM

sp. – probability

whoops

86. 1historian says: Jan 13, 2011 4:12 PM

The Baltimore Colts won the NFL Championship in 1958 and 1959. That makes 2.

They won the Super Bowl in 1971. That makes 3.

(nevermore quoth) The Raven(s) won the Super Bowl in 2001. That makes 4.

p.s. – the team from indianapolis has won one super bowl but that has NOTHING to do with the BALTIMORE Colts.

87. Deb says: Jan 13, 2011 5:35 PM

@richm2256 …

Yes, and I’ve commented many times on Roethlisberger’s immaturity … although wardobe choices for bar hopping a somewhat less significant than wardrobe choices for press conferences.

@silentparrot …

I’m sure Suggs is flattered that you find him so attractive.

88. steelernation1 says: Jan 13, 2011 7:20 PM

@locksmith52:and whats that have to do with the ravens?absollutly nothing.they weren’t the colts.they were the browns(glorified browns team i should say)lol.you cant even begin to compare the Baltimore colts and Baltimore ravens,so don’t even bring them into comparison.the ravens will never be the colts.

oh by the way wasnt that suggs tryin to tackle ben near the end of the last game?and couldnt bring him down?oh and ben had a broken foot?

all things aside,this is gonna be probably the best game in the playoffs,

i will still give this one to the Steelers cause ravens will be one dimensional