Pete Carroll says he has no beef with Jim Harbaugh

Pete Carroll

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll says he has no memory regarding a famous post-game exchange with Jim Harbaugh in 2009.

Even we remember it, and we’re not exactly Pac 10 junkies.  Stanford beat USC 55-21, and the beat down included a two-point conversion attempt called by Harbaugh late in the game.

Cameras caught Carroll saying, “What’s your deal?” when they met at midfield.

“What’s your deal?” Harbaugh said in return.

Carroll told Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee there is no deal now.
“You’ll have to talk to Jim about that,” he said. “I don’t know anything about it.  I don’t care about it.  It means nothing to me.  That meant nothing to me. . . .  I don’t even remember the circumstances other than we were getting our butts kicked.  Other than that I don’t know.”
Methinks Carroll doth protest too much.   But that’s apparently on me:
“If you write that, it’s because you think that,” Carroll said about any hard feelings with Harbaugh.  “Because it’s not true.”
Permalink 22 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
22 Responses to “Pete Carroll says he has no beef with Jim Harbaugh”
  1. melikefootball says: Jan 26, 2011 5:23 PM

Now the league has to put up with two Harbaugh’s. The league office won’t be able to keep up with all the films sent to them with these two coaches to be reviewed, crying about calls.

2. jc1958coo says: Jan 26, 2011 5:25 PM

he should of grab him by the face mask like ditka!
    oh he wasn’t wearing one! well grab his ear!

3. marcsasharc says: Jan 26, 2011 5:54 PM

Harbaugh will once again show that he is a superior coach than Carroll.

4. childressrulz says: Jan 26, 2011 6:10 PM

I hate Carroll but I hate the 49ers and Harbaugh even more. The 49ers are a joke of an organization and will never win anything until they get a new owner. Hiring Harbaugh couldn’t of happened to a better guy. The whole thing shows that karma does exist. Can’t wait to watch the 49ers and Cardinals begin to duke it out for third place in a division that should be in amateur football at BEST.

5. realitypolice says: Jan 26, 2011 6:15 PM

Nobody can win with you. If someone admits something, you rip them for whatever they admitted.

If they deny it, you drag out the hack old “doth protest too much” routine.

There is nothing a person can say or do to change your mind, so just write whatever the hell you think and stop trying to justify it already.

6. citizenstrange says: Jan 26, 2011 6:19 PM

“What’s your deal?” Harbaugh said in return.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    He’s quick like that.

7. hooterdawg says: Jan 26, 2011 6:57 PM

That arrogance alone has legions of USC fans hoping that Harbaugh falls flat on his face in SF.

8. shadowgm1 says: Jan 26, 2011 7:04 PM

Carroll’s reign of underachieving terror just got a lot shorter.

9. marcsasharc says: Jan 26, 2011 7:11 PM

childressrulz- are you a Vikings fan? funny because SF is a better team than them. where does Minnesota deserve to play?

10. ghostrider25 says: Jan 26, 2011 7:12 PM

childressrulz says:
    Jan 26, 2011 6:10 PM

————————————

What’s your deal?

11. discosucs2005 says: Jan 26, 2011 7:12 PM

“No I don’t even care. I don’t care at all. Why would I care? It’s not like it has been festering inside me all this time. It’s not like I go home every night wondering how I could get back at that thick jawed, sweater wearing douche. It doesn’t like, consume me or anything. It’s not funny. Nothing’s funny.” – Pete Carroll

12. scoob766 says: Jan 26, 2011 7:27 PM

childressrulz says: Jan 26, 2011 6:10 PM

————-

This coming from I am guessing a Vikings fan? We had the same record moron. Yes you play GB, but Chicago LOL! Detroit, LOL! 49ers don’t have a better division, but record matters BOTTOM LINE. Only idiots argue on this division, that division. Get a clue, you hate the 49ers because of the great history they have. You have no reason to hate them now. Jealousy sucks, then again you have a franchise that has events on boats and sends pictures of mr. wanky to reporters.

You have a WR that will never be healthy (Harvin) ouch my migraines. You have free agents up the wazoo, the only player that wants to come play for you is 48 years old LOL.

You are in the same boat for QB, only difference is NO ONE wants to play for Minny. Sidney Rice, Ray Edwards, Greenway, Pat Williams all BYE BYE.

Your team is aging too, EVERYONE including your line and D is getting old.

Now just be quiet and while your digging up the snow in your crappy @SS city, I will be here SF where the weather is great.

13. scoob766 says: Jan 26, 2011 7:33 PM

Oh @childressrulz, I forgot you have Leslie Frasier too, what s hitty a$$ franchise. Singeltary part two.

14. geezohman says: Jan 26, 2011 9:19 PM

wow… if that is true, then whats with harbaugh?

is there no class? no professionalism?

at least Bellicheck held out welker for unprofessional press coverage… and welker apologized..

is nothing sacred… is this how we teach ‘good sportsmanship?

15. raiders4life says: Jan 26, 2011 9:40 PM

Carroll will get his revenge and dominate Harbaugh in the pros.

16. lbijake says: Jan 26, 2011 9:49 PM

It will matter when these teams matter. Seattle limped into the playoffs. Lets see what happens when they have a decent sked. I do not anticipate either of these two teams to matter in the post season for the next 5 years or so.

Rex Ryan

17. canadianvikingfaniii says: Jan 26, 2011 10:12 PM

Methinks Carroll doth protest too much.
    ———————–
    Gregg, I know alot of people on here harp on your spelling and grammar mistakes, but using Olde English doesn’t suddenly make up for it. Thou art that of an illiterate peasant still.

18. jarrman46 says: Jan 26, 2011 11:24 PM

Dear 49er fans
    You can tell those Vikings fans how pathetic there team is till your blue in the face. They just wont accept it. Sorry

Sincerly Packer fan

19. pantherpro says: Jan 26, 2011 11:30 PM

Hey Raider For Life,

First of all lowlife get a new handle…. Next Harbaugh just put the Raiders and their 30.000 fans back on the 5th page of the sporting green. No wonder Raider fans are so jealous of the Niners. You guys get nothing but bad pub! Well deserved!
    Niners own this place regardless of how bad they have been. This is your worse nightmare that the Niners are no back on the way up! The horror!

20. chazzmon says: Jan 27, 2011 12:13 AM

Niners need a QB more than anything. Until then they’re just another bad team.

21. Darth Goodell says: Jan 27, 2011 2:09 AM

Of course they both remember, but they have other concerns now.

Sometimes it’s easier to choose to forget than to maintain an old, irrelevant rivalry.

22. marcsasharc says: Jan 27, 2011 2:26 PM

lbijake-

funny because i believe an NFC West team “mattered” in the playoffs this year. at least more than half of the other playoff teams. they won a playoff game (maybe the most exciting one so far) while knocking out the defending SB champions. also, the NFC West is the 2nd best division in the playoffs over the last 7 years.

now you can go back to spewing your BS.