Fans furious over Super Bowl temporary seating screw-up

Super Bowl Football

A group of furious fans are lining up outside Cowboys Stadium and trying to figure out where they’re supposed to go after the NFL announced that some temporary seating has not been completed, and some Super Bowl ticket holders may not get into the game.

At the moment, fans are being directed to the Party Plaza area outside Cowboys Stadium. I left my press row seat to go down there, and I saw enraged fans getting what didn’t seem to be satisfactory customer service from the ushers assigned to the thankless task of helping them.

“I just found out when I got here two minutes ago,” said Michael Noble, a Steelers season ticket holder from Erie, Pennsylvania, who planned a special trip to Dallas when his team won the AFC Championship Game.

Noble, who was holding a ticket with a $900 face value, wanted to be inside the stadium watching the Steelers warm up, but he’s currently stuck outside, with no guarantee that he’ll get in.

“They’re going to make me stand in a long line for nothing,” he said.

One Cowboys Stadium usher told me he had been dealing with irate fans, but he knew nothing about the situation other than that he had been told to direct affected fans to stand in the line at a ticket window.

The NFL has said it will refund tickets at three times face value, but that won’t come close to compensating fans who spent thousands of dollars on airfare and a hotel room in Dallas.

Noble said he doesn’t want his money back, or triple his money back. He wants the seat he paid for.

“I just want to see the game,” Noble said. “I’ve never been to a Super Bowl.”

Permalink 30 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
30 Responses to “Fans furious over Super Bowl temporary seating screw-up”
  1. jw731 says: Feb 6, 2011 5:41 PM

What a freakin joke

2. simonadebisi says: Feb 6, 2011 5:41 PM

Wow!!! Are you being serious right now??? Man that’s tough.

3. pooflingingmonkey says: Feb 6, 2011 5:41 PM

I smell a class action suit. It’s ridiculous that these people have traveled God knows how far, and spent a ton of money to be turned away.

I’d be pissed, too.

4. terrellblowens says: Feb 6, 2011 5:42 PM

Dallas seems to have been a disaster so far for the Super Bowl

5. fin72 says: Feb 6, 2011 5:42 PM

It’s okay, I’m sure Goodell will make good to all the fans in question.

6. johnnycash19 says: Feb 6, 2011 5:43 PM

Can you blame them? I mean especially if your a fan of one of these two teams. This is going to make Jerry Jones and his new stadium look really bad.

Easy Solution: Take all the people affected by these temporary seats and throw them into Jerry’s suit and let Jerry sit in the temp seats.

7. chocopoppy says: Feb 6, 2011 5:43 PM

“How ’bout dem Cowboys!!”

8. Spoonthis says: Feb 6, 2011 5:45 PM

Karma, Jerry is greedy and now he has messed up a very special day for many fans.

9. blitzburghgator says: Feb 6, 2011 5:46 PM

Jerry Jones + Roger Goodell = INCOMPETENCE

10. blarch says: Feb 6, 2011 5:46 PM

Jesus. After all these years, you would think that these moneygrubbing shysters would at least be good at these logistics. But no. They treat the fans just like they treat the players, as an irritating afterthought. Take your swill and like it prole, I have money, I command it.

How long before this fan is sued for ‘defaming’ Jonestown. They should just give him some Kool Aid. End it now.

11. jwil444 says: Feb 6, 2011 5:46 PM

Yet another reason I’m thankful for a large HDTV, a fridge full of beers, a comfortable couch and no line to the bathroom!

12. elrickremy says: Feb 6, 2011 5:46 PM

Relax my man. I’m sure Ashton Kutchner will show up in the Party Plaza any minute and tell you you’ve been “punked”. The NFL wouldn’t do that to you. Would they?

13. vicktator says: Feb 6, 2011 5:48 PM

leave it to jerry jones to ruin the superbowl, better be the last superbowl in this stadium

14. Spoonthis says: Feb 6, 2011 5:49 PM

Jerry built it. They came. And they got screwed.

15. contra74 says: Feb 6, 2011 5:49 PM

Thumbs up if Jerry Jones’ football Mecca is a FAIL!

16. fanofthegame says: Feb 6, 2011 5:50 PM

The icing on the cake would be for the kickoff to hit the scoreboard.

17. tbdevilrayfan says: Feb 6, 2011 5:52 PM

The NFL executives should give their seats, including their luxury box. It’s real fans that but these “cheap” seats….to leave these real fans outside looking in is just wrong.

18. joelvis72 says: Feb 6, 2011 5:52 PM

Hefty refunds plus tickets to the next 5 Super Bowls, but nothing can take the place of wanting to go watch your team play and not be able to. Dang.

19. hobartbaker says: Feb 6, 2011 5:55 PM

Lol, scalpers be buying up the tickets to get a triple refund.

20. doe22us says: Feb 6, 2011 5:59 PM

hey who knows dude probably paid $4000 for the $900 ticket .. sucks right now aint it

21. Bretterson says: Feb 6, 2011 6:03 PM

Goodell knows what fans want. He was just protected these folks from themselves. They just don’t know it yet.

22. Bearfan54 says: Feb 6, 2011 6:35 PM

This is crazy. The fans, who are the reason this game is even played for and sustained by, get screwed. I’m about ready to stop watching this sport.

23. deadmanwalking47 says: Feb 6, 2011 7:10 PM

did you expect anything else out of the clowns in the cowboy organization?the fans got screwed out of seeing a game in the world’s biggest toilet!

24. aheasl says: Feb 6, 2011 7:43 PM

I mean really, they waited until game day for the fire marshalls to inspect the seating.

This Stadium is cursed, ice falling off the roof hurting people, people paying thousands and finding out an hour before kickoff they dont have a seat, and to top it off Christina doesnt know the words to the National Anthem….

25. granadafan says: Feb 7, 2011 12:04 AM

Wow. What a big time screw up. They’ve had a long time to prepare for the Super Bowl so there’s no excuses. Jerry Jones has been a disaster: collapsed practice fields, ice falls, effing over hard-working fans, etc.

26. dkhhuey says: Feb 7, 2011 12:16 AM

Nice – Jerry Jones must be proud at how well things went for him this week!!! Karma Jerry, karma!!!

27. PanchoHerreraFanClub says: Feb 7, 2011 12:43 AM

Triple damages is what the NFL owners need to get used to paying. When the union decertifies, the owners will be paying a lot of the triple damages thing.

BTW, if ‘dem ‘boys had been playing, the seat would have been safe enough for the ‘boys fans. After all, the Cowboy fans can’t get hurt if they fall on their heads.

28. mystereo says: Feb 7, 2011 4:16 AM

Let me get this straight. The Cowgirls paid over 1 BILLION dollars on this stadium but they didn’t have seating for 400 people?

29. unclescrappy says: Feb 7, 2011 10:46 AM

I would definetly be talking with a LAWYER. Triple Refunds is fine for a start on Punitive damages. But I definetly think, Plane Fare & Hotels should be included. This was an EVENT that people wouldnt have come to DFW normally for without it being here. So ALL EXPENSES should be covered.

And YES I am sure some people will try to gouge it. But the 400 people who didnt get into seats should be able to submit all bills associated with this & get FULL REFUNDS of everything.

Also the NFL could COMP them seats Gratis to next years game as well.

30. wkwass says: Feb 7, 2011 3:12 PM

I was one of these fans that got screwed over. Does anyone know how I can contact the NFL or Roger Goodell? I want to contact the press somehow so I do not get left in the dark.