Albert Haynesworth formally charged with assault

Albert Haynesworth AP

It’s been a busy Saturday in troubling Redskins news.

Return man Brandon Banks was injured in a stabbing, and defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth was formally charged with assault after turning himself in following a road rage incident that occurred on February 2.

Haynesworth signed a summons warrant, and then was allowed to leave.    He’s due back in court on March 31.

Despite Redskins owner Dan Snyder’s public hope for Haynesworth’s future, there’s basically no chance he’s back with the Redskins next year.  This latest incident will make it tougher for Washington to eventually trade him, even for a late-round draft pick.

Permalink 43 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories, Washington Redskins
43 Responses to “Albert Haynesworth formally charged with assault”
  1. hobartbaker says: Feb 12, 2011 2:04 PM

Authorities called it one of the worst road rage incidents they had ever seen. “Guy musta torn up about 300′ of pavement. Threw it into a farmer’s field beside the road. All over a couple of bad potholes. We try to keep things smooth but there’s only so much you can do.”.

2. gdeli says: Feb 12, 2011 2:06 PM

wow, what a bust. A such a violent nfl culture. Some guys do not know when to stop. If I got beat I would sue his butt. He has enough money geez. What a bust for the skins. If I were him I’d stay in the car and call the cops to cool the incident down or say whatever to the other driver and move on. Now he’s stuck in it.

3. hobartbaker says: Feb 12, 2011 2:08 PM

If they ever make a horror film called “Road Rage”, Albert will play the guy that the accountant commuting from his home in the suburbs happens to cut off in traffic.

4. mataug says: Feb 12, 2011 2:11 PM

typical 3G… speaks about Brandon Banks and links to Brandon Jones story lol

5. profootballwalk says: Feb 12, 2011 2:13 PM

Never get in a road rage incident with a big fat guy unless your ‘rage’ has a full clip in it.

6. hobartbaker says: Feb 12, 2011 2:13 PM

“I’m sorry Helen, I know it was our only car. I just threw a harmless finger at the other guy. Then he started to get out of his car, and he kept getting out, and getting out, and getting out….God, he was HUGE!”.

7. montymontana15 says: Feb 12, 2011 2:14 PM

Jerry Kramer for HOF!!

8. dafixisin says: Feb 12, 2011 2:25 PM

Looks like Haynesworth has just about guaranteed that the Skins won’t be able to get anything higher than a 7th rounder at this point. They’d probably be willing to trade him for a single dollar at this point, to prevent him from rejoining his mentor, Coach Washburn in Philly.

Haynesworth, like Shaun Rogers needs to go somewhere where he isn’t “the guy.” Neither of them is cut out to be seen as the calming veteran presence on the D line. They need to go to a situation where they’re just one of the guys, where they don’t have to be the leader.

I remember the good old days in Raiderland, when Ron Wolf was still there to get in Undead Al’s ear. The team would’ve rolled the dice on a couple of guys like Haynesworth and Rogers. There’s more than enough salty veteranship on their D line, provided Seymour and Henderson come back. Everyone’s seen what a motivated Haynesworth and Rogers can do. Regardless of where they end up, if the above conditions can be met, they’ve both got enough in the tank if they’re willing to put their foot on the pedal one last time. Oh, and push away the plate at the dinner table!

9. vikesfansteve says: Feb 12, 2011 2:30 PM

Hobart wtf are you talking about most of the time dude?

The Vikes would take fat al to replace fat pat

10. fish751 says: Feb 12, 2011 2:34 PM

I heard it was not even that bad. Apparently, the person he was going after started to run and Albert gave up on trying to chase him down.

11. Troll Nanny says: Feb 12, 2011 2:42 PM

Poll to permanently ban hobartbaker.
    A person can only take so much imbecility.

12. beauregard says: Feb 12, 2011 2:47 PM

A natural born Raider.
    He would be a beast in the AFC West.

13. rjb23 says: Feb 12, 2011 3:10 PM

Is “hobartbaker” purposely writing jokes so bad that we don’t understand them, or is he simply the least interesting man in the world? The anti Dos Equis man, if you will.

14. skoobyfl says: Feb 12, 2011 3:12 PM

Hope the Buffalo Bills get him, after prison of course.

15. connorchew says: Feb 12, 2011 3:12 PM

sooo.. big al to philly right?

16. tantrim says: Feb 12, 2011 3:17 PM

Haynesworth will become a raider because he fits the mold. Watching gives Al Davis an orgasm if Al could still have one. He has all the attributes of a raider.

17. cylondetector says: Feb 12, 2011 3:19 PM

Poll to permanently ban hobartbaker.
    A person can only take so much imbecility.

————————————————

Agree.

You can just imagine the guy tapping sitting in front of the keyboard hoping to be the first to comment on every story with his scything wit.

“Mom, I just typed another funny one….*pause*…..yeah everyone LOVES me on there….”

18. ravensrule says: Feb 12, 2011 3:23 PM

This guy is trash

19. igottz5onit says: Feb 12, 2011 3:40 PM

what a POS.

20. qb19 says: Feb 12, 2011 3:51 PM

ravensrule says:
    Feb 12, 2011 3:23 PM
    This guy is trash

————————————————–

hobartbaker is not funny, but he’s not trash either.

21. scytherius says: Feb 12, 2011 4:24 PM

Class organization those Redskins.

And the future of the NFL is in the hands of owners the likes of Dan Snyder. The game is screwed.

22. mikemnz says: Feb 12, 2011 4:41 PM

The vikings will take Haynesworth for a 3rd round pick, oh wait thats gone already. Maybe a 2nd round pick as they have a history with dealing with character issues.

23. twistedstick says: Feb 12, 2011 4:59 PM

My hope is that they cut him and nobody pick him up. He not worth the trouble,two to five years out of footbal he end up in persion my bets

24. jc1958cool says: Feb 12, 2011 5:08 PM

STEROIDS! that will make you do stupid stuff!
    i said it before i’ll say it again, rodger (a.k.a.) pinnochio is going to be real busy after & if there is a CBA!! can a person be born stupid?

25. oldcracker says: Feb 12, 2011 5:46 PM

Can you imagine the road trips with Fat Al & Big Baby? (Maybe they could add Ray Lewis, Donte Stallworth, and PacMan Jones when they’re done, too) I sure wouldn’t want to be anywhere near those airports!

You could also have the makings of cargo jets being chartered for the team travel.

Hmmm, I wonder how much longer Dan Snyder would be able to foot the feed bill on these guys.

26. iwishiwasindc says: Feb 12, 2011 5:56 PM

I know trash…we do not know that this poster of whom you speak is NOT trash…Now, I AM and always be a ‘Skins fan…we have sucked won 3 Super Bowls, been sucky again…like a lot of teams. Fat Al got to GO! We can hopefully suck less this year w/o him or McSnap…right at your/or hi own feet!

27. raven4life21 says: Feb 12, 2011 6:35 PM

oldcracker… ray lewis does NOT belong with these misfits… do research before opening your mouth again… ray lewis was wrongfully accused and the prosecution attorney told him “we don’t care if you did it or not… you are gonna pay for it anyway!” wouldn’t you settle out of court too if the justice system was trying to screw ya?… it makes me upset when people accuse others of being guilty when they were never found guilty to begin with… Ray Lewis is the most respected man in Baltimore… he does more than you know for a LOT of people and his teammates and is extremely spiritual… try to get your facts str8 next time

28. hobartbaker says: Feb 12, 2011 7:10 PM

Quit griping about my jokes. You guys don’t have to read the outtakes like the PFT guys do. You’re getting off easy.

29. rooster1975 says: Feb 12, 2011 7:18 PM

Fat Albert will be fully exonerated in a court of law. Medical experts will testify that he simply snapped due to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder brought on by spending a full season being subjected to Mike Shanahan’s Jedi Mind Fooking.

30. laeaglefan says: Feb 12, 2011 7:47 PM

After the Javon Kearse flop in Philly, I highly doubt that Andy Reid is going to stick his neck out and trade for Haynesworth…..Jim Washburn or not.

31. hobartbaker says: Feb 12, 2011 8:23 PM

Albert will plead not guilty to assault, but did admit to being “a huge, scary looking *******er!”

32. thetooloftools says: Feb 12, 2011 8:31 PM

If only his Royal Fatness could transfer some of that “rage” to the field.

33. Darth Goodell says: Feb 12, 2011 8:46 PM

If I were the Redskins I’d try to trade Haynesworth right now while he’s hot. The road rage incident was the fastest he’s moved since 2008.

34. descendency says: Feb 12, 2011 9:02 PM

Guys…

You should relax. Albert was just mad because he realized he was on highway 34 and he wanted to be on highway 43.

It’s a common mistake. I’d be mad too.

35. paul82461 says: Feb 12, 2011 9:21 PM

Haynesworth first needs to be charged with impersonating a human being, then a football player.

36. rebeltitan says: Feb 12, 2011 9:22 PM

As a Titans fan that was pissed when we didn’t resign him the past 2 years have really made me happy i was wrong

37. hosmachine says: Feb 12, 2011 10:12 PM

Dan Snyder set him up. This guy is gonna sue Haynesworth to get Dan back some of his money. I cant wait until the nfl and nba are locked out at the same time. Roger and David will have to put in an express lane for just dui an lesser crimes because its gonna be crazy with all those guys tons of money and nothin to do.

38. nesuperfan says: Feb 12, 2011 10:14 PM

profootballwalk says:
    Feb 12, 2011 2:13 PM
    ________________________________
    I said this before: He is lucky I was not the guy he went after because his family would have been planning his funeral now. I carry a .45 with a full clip of hollow points most of the time, and if I saw him coming at me, I would assume that it was not to give me a hug.

39. granadafan says: Feb 12, 2011 10:59 PM

Albert hasn’t assaulted anyone in the last couple year on or off the field.

40. ladystpaul says: Feb 13, 2011 12:15 AM

Lovely

41. MichaelEdits says: Feb 13, 2011 3:37 AM

I’m sure Haynesworth is really frightened by all these threats from all you bad asses on PFT. After all, he has over 100 million reasons to live.

42. nesuperfan says: Feb 13, 2011 8:56 AM

MichaelEdits says:
    Feb 13, 2011 3:37 AM
    ________________________________
    I have no illusions that I could ever beat him up since I am not a very big guy, but my point was that no matter how big you are, if you are willing to threaten someone and you are big, you never know, who is carrying a gun. I don’t care how big he is, a .45 in the hands of a guy, who can shoot well, trumps 300 pounds.

Call it bad ass if you like, I call it reality. He clearly thinks like a Neanderthal, so with the wrong guy, his 100 million reasons would have been over.

43. pftequalsgreatjournalism says: Feb 14, 2011 2:26 AM

nesuperfan says:
    Feb 13, 2011 8:56 AM
    MichaelEdits says:
    Feb 13, 2011 3:37 AM
    ________________________________

————————–

And in this wet-dream fantasy of yours, the DA doesn’t press charges because you were only protecting yourself – right?