Santana Moss says Haynesworth wasn’t a distraction in 2010

pft-santanamoss_1000.nbcsports-grid-8x2

Redskins receiver Santana Moss joined PFT Live on Friday, and among other things he talked about teammate Albert Haynesworth.

Moss said that Haynesworth wasn’t a problem for Moss and that the players simply wanted what was best for the team.

“Our locker room wasn’t distracted from this stuff,” Moss said.  “We really didn’t care because it really wasn’t that big of a deal.  I think the coach handled it real well.  He handled it with Haynesworth.  He didn’t bring it into the meeting room, he didn’t bring it on the field.  Whenever something went on with him and Haynesworth, it was handled between him and Haynesworth.”

Moss also said he thinks the media “made it bigger than what it was” because of Haynesworth’s contract.  Which makes sense, since the size of Haynesworth’s contract made it seem even more significant when Haynesworth got himself in hot water with Mike Shanahan.

Permalink 24 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories, Washington Redskins
24 Responses to “Santana Moss says Haynesworth wasn’t a distraction in 2010”
  1. karlpilkington says: Feb 18, 2011 3:05 PM

Get that waste of space outta here. I am sick of hearing about him, looking at his ugly mug. Go somewhere else to harrass young waitresses and punch drivers. You suck and you will never come close to being as great as Reggie White.

2. waitingguilty says: Feb 18, 2011 3:05 PM

“He didn’t bring it on the field”

No Tana, he sure didn’t…and for $41 mil guaranteed, that was the problem.

He did however, bring it in the bars late at night, and at red lights on VA highways.

3. burgandyandgold says: Feb 18, 2011 3:07 PM

Santana is the man. I hope the Skins bring him back. He is a good receiver, not great, but he is a team leader. If he says this then it is probably true.

4. jw731 says: Feb 18, 2011 3:07 PM

Nothing is a distraction for a team that knows it’s not going to amount to much….What’s the point…

5. tombradyswig says: Feb 18, 2011 3:17 PM

I think the coach handled it real well.

YEAH effin right….

And Danny boy is a great owner too!?!?

6. shaggytoodle says: Feb 18, 2011 3:22 PM

… and Polian said he would never cut Bob Sanders.

7. dbellina says: Feb 18, 2011 3:28 PM

I love that pic you use of Haynesworth where he’s sitting by himself on the Redskin’s bench. He’s all alone with that $100 million dollars :,(

8. dfeltz says: Feb 18, 2011 3:45 PM

Slow news day.

9. calzone21411 says: Feb 18, 2011 4:03 PM

….sure Santana.

10. radrntn says: Feb 18, 2011 4:20 PM

but shanahan was

11. realitypolice says: Feb 18, 2011 4:38 PM

I think it’s funny that you would ask a completely self absorbed narcissistic ego maniac like Santana Moss if something that was going on with another player was a “distraction” for him.

I’m surprised he didn’t say “who’s Albert Haynesworth?”.

12. goriidskiiin says: Feb 18, 2011 4:50 PM

I am a skins fan, and I try to be positive about most situations…but Haynesworth, no matter how badly I want him to just shut his mouth and dominate (like he absolutely can) he is just too unbelievably stupid. He is a very stupid man. People complain about Haynesworth’s character issues, but look at the entire Redskins organization from the top down. Absolutely no class whatsoever. I have never heard one nice thing about our owner except from the people directly in his pockets. Correct me if I am wrong. To finish up, Snyder, you make it very difficult to be a Skins fan sometimes. Quit suing people because they made fun of you…you really do deserve it.

13. prior0knowledge says: Feb 18, 2011 5:21 PM

You tell ‘em, Santana! Santana is a true gladiator. He was one of the few that took stupid Danny’s money and tried his 100% best to earn it. Getting shots of who-knows-what stuff from some nurse from Canada just so that he can heal a little faster proves to me that he is a true Redskin warrior.

14. jrs2300 says: Feb 18, 2011 5:27 PM

Santana Moss wouldn’t know a Distraction if it hit him in the head…. the redskins are a distraction… even when there’s no one but a mouse in the locker room…

15. roxtar10 says: Feb 18, 2011 5:46 PM

Imagine that – the media made a bigger deal out of it than the team. You almost NEVER hear of the media blowing things out of proportion!

16. chucknoll says: Feb 18, 2011 5:58 PM

santana moss?..who’s that?

17. skinsdiehard says: Feb 18, 2011 6:23 PM

Even when Snyder let Gibbs, Cerrato, Schottenheimer and Shanahan make their own personnel choices, he is still to blame? This is so ludicrous. If the Skins never signed free agents, the media would say they are not utilizing an important player acquisition medium and their owner is cheap. If they sign players, they are stupid too? It makes no sense. Snyder is not to blame for the players that his coaches and VP’s recommend to him. Gibbs traded all of the picks just as he did in the 80′s. People outside of D.C. just simply do not know what is going on. They sound so stupid.

18. obxfannings says: Feb 18, 2011 6:25 PM

hey realitypolice, when you point out how much of a “self-absorbed narcissistic ego-maniac” Santana Moss actually is, you really need to follow it up with some examples. As a Redskins fan, I have to say Santana has been one of the few classy and professional players we have had . Please point out the legal problems, drug rehab, suspensions, even unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, etc… I personally want him back with the team to show folks how a real pro acts. Sounds like you have another agenda…. Gator fan?

19. realitypolice says: Feb 18, 2011 7:02 PM

obxfannings says:
    Feb 18, 2011 6:25 PM
    ===========================

Gator fan? Yeah, that’s me, chairman of the Manhattan Gator Club. LOL

Santana Moss quote:

“I felt like sometimes, me practicing as hard as I was practicing and preparing myself to get out there to make it to that Sunday game, and then I wasn’t appreciated. I didn’t have a chance really go out there and make the plays that I was making.”

You’re right. He never puts himself above the team.

LOL

20. realitypolice says: Feb 18, 2011 7:17 PM

Skins fans are the biggest Stepford Fans in the league.

Coach love Haynesworth? Me love Haynesworth!!

Coach hate Haynesworth? Me hate Haynesworth!!

Coach love McNabb and trade for him?

Me love McNabb!!

Coach bench McNabb?

Me hate McNabb!!

Santana say he no distracted and want to stay?

Me love Santana and hope he stay!!

21. zinnsskins8 says: Feb 19, 2011 5:55 AM

realitypolice says:
    Feb 18, 2011 7:17 PM
    Skins fans are the biggest Stepford Fans in the league.

Coach love Haynesworth? Me love Haynesworth!!

Coach hate Haynesworth? Me hate Haynesworth!!

Coach love McNabb and trade for him?

Me love McNabb!!

Coach bench McNabb?

Me hate McNabb!!

Santana say he no distracted and want to stay?

Me love Santana and hope he stay!!

LISTEN….I AM A DIE HARD SKINS FAN AND I WAS 100% BEHIND GETTING ALLEN AND SHANNAHAN….. THAT BEING SAID…..no one ever says the fact that what shanny did with Haynesworthless wasnt his fault…Zorn/Snyder signed him so do whatever u want with him… make him run practice exercise and pass out…I love it….He didnt bring that Shmuck in. so make him pay. If anything Snyder should be beyond happy because he is ateast getting something out of it…..trade hum for a 4th 5th 6th rd pick…..who cares ppl blame shanny but that is not his fault

22. zinnsskins8 says: Feb 19, 2011 5:58 AM

TRUST IN SHANNY. HIS 1ST YR IN DENEVR 8-8 HIS 2ND YR. He won the AFC west and contended….the next 4 yr 2 super bowles with 1 title….he can do it

23. zinnsskins8 says: Feb 19, 2011 6:11 AM

If we had Zorns back from day 1 that should mean shanny is good for 40 yrs or gibbs daughter is a shoe in or rigging 8th cousin in law should be golden…. it sucks to have a few yrs of rebuilding but sometimes it is better in the long run…aka peyton and the colts….brady and the pats….and so on…

24. zinnsskins8 says: Feb 19, 2011 6:36 AM

FUCOWGIRLS…….HAHAHAHAHA… u have to give thumbs up to that