Rex Ryan responds to latest loss by turning up the volume

Rex Ryan

Rex Ryan didn’t need a question Thursday at the NFL Scouting Combine before making his latest guarantee the Jets will win the Super Bowl.  He spoke for five minutes without interruption, like a politician that always stays on his message.

His message remains: The Jets will kick your ass.

“I believe this is the year we’re going to win a Super Bowl.  I thought we were going to do it the first two years; I guarantee we’ll win it his year,” Ryan said.

Around minute four, there was an announcement on the intercom here that a college player was ready to be interviewed a separate table.   Ryan was waxing philosophic at the time about Jets fans and the need to win more at home, then lost his train of thought.

“I was on a roll too,” Ryan said, shaking his head, before continuing his soliloquy for a while.

Later in the session, Ryan explained his motivational philosophy in very few words.

“The reason I made that statement [the guarantee], I’m going to try to will a championship,” Ryan said.

Our intrepid friend Tom Curran of ComcastSports New England asked if Ryan’s guarantees may grow hollow after a while.

“We made it to the AFC Championship Game two years in a row when some people predicted we’d win six games.  So I don’t care what people think,” Ryan said.  “I care what our organization believes and what our fans believe. Empty promises? We’ve gotten better.”

After a crushing loss to Pittsburgh, it’s almost like Ryan decided that he needed to more outspoken.  More cocky.  Dialing back the volume would be a sign of weakness, so he’s going the other way.

Ryan was asked whether he thought the Jets were too respectful before playing the Steelers in the AFC title game.  Did New York’s lack of trash talking somehow diminish their intensity?

“If that was the case, then I’ll rip ownership, I’ll rip head coaches, players, any of them,” Ryan said.   “Because I want to win.”

Permalink 89 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
89 Responses to “Rex Ryan responds to latest loss by turning up the volume”
  1. jonkybon says: Feb 24, 2011 5:46 PM

Crushing loss? I think Mr Rosenthal needs to buy a dictionary or get his head out of Fakio’s tuchass! Better still, how about watching a game.

2. 2011to2020lions says: Feb 24, 2011 5:46 PM

Bla Bla Bla, This is getting old!!!!

3. sdboltaction says: Feb 24, 2011 5:51 PM

Fatty McFatty

4. stairwayto7 says: Feb 24, 2011 5:56 PM

AFC East division titles won= zero
    Home playoff games= zero
    Super Bowl appearances= zero
    Rex Ryan and the Jets= overrated!

5. fonetiklee says: Feb 24, 2011 5:56 PM

fat loudmouth

6. brutus9448 says: Feb 24, 2011 5:57 PM

writing on the ESPN bus the soon to be champs is not guranteeing?

7. brutus9448 says: Feb 24, 2011 5:59 PM

Put your money where your mouth is.

8. firegoodell says: Feb 24, 2011 6:01 PM

I suggest guaranteeing that you will your division or your conference before winning the NFL Championship
    Rex Ryan = blowhard

9. 305phinphan says: Feb 24, 2011 6:03 PM

Same comments come out of this lard @sses mouth every off season and every season it’s the same result. No Superbowl and no AFC East championship. Please Rex Ryan’s cholesterol just raise a little more and take this poor miserable man out of his misery.

10. emperor83 says: Feb 24, 2011 6:05 PM

News Flash, Rex: The only way New York is winning a Super Bowl in the near future is if they’re wearing blue jerseys and go by the name “Giants”. Expect to come in last in the AFC East this year.

11. couldntthinkofaname says: Feb 24, 2011 6:06 PM

Shut the F up, fatass.

12. ny82jy says: Feb 24, 2011 6:08 PM

Even though this article will get a million negative comments and jokes about Rex I love it. As a jets fan it just gets me pumped for the draft and the season. That is if there is a season. Nothing everyone hasn’t heard already. Rex purposly does this, he likes to keep the attention on him and the jets whether it’s negative or positive and it works everytime. Now que the foot jokes, the fat jokes or whatever other jokes cause we’ve all heard them all already.

13. mksnpcola says: Feb 24, 2011 6:12 PM

Exactly what is this guarantee worth? Where do we cash it in? A guarantee is usually backed up by something. How’s this, if you don’t win this year then you quit and go away. Now THAT would be a guarantee. See, that has something behind it. And without it, well, it’s just a lot of talk. And talk is all you are any good at.

14. goodguyjohn says: Feb 24, 2011 6:12 PM

But Rex please. Your words are now hollow. We’ve seen your team fold up shop in its biggest moment not once, but twice. You don’t get a 3rd chance. Sorry.

You’re as delusional as the street drinkers and homeless folks lurking after dark in Central Park.

15. deanvernonwormer says: Feb 24, 2011 6:20 PM

Like it or not Rex Ryan has made the Jets relevant. And they will be one of the favorites next season.

16. nflhof says: Feb 24, 2011 6:22 PM

Can’t Rex just please coach his team and shut his yapper? So boring after 2 years of his crap.

17. FoozieGrooler says: Feb 24, 2011 6:25 PM

Most coaches are smart enough to know that that would only put a rather large target on your back.

Ryan isn’t arrogant, he’s just garden variety stupid.

18. ekash7 says: Feb 24, 2011 6:25 PM

Guarantees start to lose their meaning if you do it every year and do not come through. Now ppl are just shaking their heads

19. ethixz says: Feb 24, 2011 6:36 PM

just shut up already, jeez. the Jets got lucky once when Joe Namath did this 40 years ago. no way it happens again…

then again… there was no way it could have happened the first time…

20. frankiefiveangels says: Feb 24, 2011 6:43 PM

This guy has become the Baghdad Bob of the NFL. The first time you hear the schtick its funny, but gets more annoying every time he opens his fat yapper. Is there an end to this tired act? Ryan’s as much of an insufferable blowhard as any Pittsburgh fan.

21. jimr10 says: Feb 24, 2011 6:43 PM

Rex seems to forget that both years he backed into the playoffs. Had to have other teams lose so the Jets could get in. What can you expect out of Buddy’s boy?

22. macgee10 says: Feb 24, 2011 6:51 PM

I wouldn’t say he’s overrated. Yeah he is a loudmouth but he backs it up. Winning 4 playoff games on the road in 2 years is pretty good in my book.

23. jamaltimore says: Feb 24, 2011 7:03 PM

Gotta admire the guy, he’s too stupid to know when to shut up! Never afraid to stick his FOOT in his mouth! Starting to sound like a used car salesman with all is broken guarentees!

24. sterilizecromartie says: Feb 24, 2011 7:04 PM

Easy there emperor83. I’m not a huge fan of the Jets, but to say they will finish behind the Dolphins and especially the Bills is beyond ridiculous.

But, Rex does need to take it easy on these guarantees. It’s every year with the same thing.

25. 305phinphan says: Feb 24, 2011 7:18 PM

Didn’t Ryan say Superbowl or Bust on the training camp bus for this past season? Well Ryan? Let your heart eat everything you desire and blow the F up already!

26. nackul says: Feb 24, 2011 7:19 PM

It’s nice to see Dean Wormer not writing his name on the bottom of every comment. Like we didn”t know what troll wrote it.

27. nackul says: Feb 24, 2011 7:20 PM

It’s nice to see Dean Wormer not writing his name on the bottom of every comment. Like we didn’t know what troll wrote it.

The Jets are choke artists plain and simple. They are the football counterpart to the other NY team that sucks: The Mets.

28. dirtdawg55 says: Feb 24, 2011 7:22 PM

Actually, I think the more he talks the funnier it is. It’s satirical, like the Colbert Report, except Sexy Rexy thinks it is all real. Loving it.

Okay, here is a prediction for you Rex. I predict you will be fired before you win a Super Bowl. You have your predictions. I have mine.

I know what you are trying to do and I respect that. You expect your team to win. Good! You think you have what it takes to win the Super Bowl. Excellent! You should! But I think you are a blowhard who should just go away. So I make my prediction in the hope I can will it to happen.

In the meantime, lets not forget you are 0 for 3 in the last three AFC Championship games (once with the Ravens). Suppose that would make you 0 for 3 in predictions too.

29. tfbuckfutter says: Feb 24, 2011 7:26 PM

Jesus…..if Rex keeps eating his words that lapband is going to snap like Rosie O’Donnell’s thong.

30. rexryanstoecheese says: Feb 24, 2011 7:28 PM

Complete with a mouth to match the unparalleded preposterousness of his claims, FootMan strikes again with his perennial of “look at me, look at me!!! everyone pay attention to me!!!”, Rant.

Momma Ryan must have breast fed Rob much more while Rex got to play with her toes….

31. nesuperfan says: Feb 24, 2011 7:31 PM

Namath sure has put on weight.

32. canadianvikingfaniii says: Feb 24, 2011 7:32 PM

Rex was fun his first year and a bit of his second, but now it’s old and annoying. Reminds me of Brett Favre.

33. ny82jy says: Feb 24, 2011 7:46 PM

jimr10 says:
    Feb 24, 2011 6:43 PM

Ny82jy says:

Exactly how did the jets back into the playoffs this year? They won 11 games and were able to rest all their main starters week17. That’s not backing into the playoffs. Last year they got lucky this year they earned everything they got

34. jc1958cool says: Feb 24, 2011 7:53 PM

if he can get sanchez to stop going to proms and study his playbook, they have a shot! NOT lol

35. db105 says: Feb 24, 2011 7:57 PM

macgee10 says:
    Feb 24, 2011 6:51 PM

———————————————————————————–
    Playing that many road playoff games means that the team has been a Wildcard and therefore close to missing the playoffs.

36. ny82jy says: Feb 24, 2011 7:59 PM

I understand that Rexs’ personality is not for everyone and he can come off obnoxious. But what I don’t understand is how you can give the man no credit ? Look at where the jets were before him and look at how many good things they’ve done now with him as the coach. Before Rex the jets couldn’t even get into the playoffs. Never mind make it to two afc champ games in a row. The jets are setup to succed for years thanks to Rex and mr t. Still all I hear are all these comments on how he’s dumb or not a real coach. It’s crazy I think but o well. I guess people just love to hate. I just think it’s so funny hearing the comments from the pats and dolphins fans. You guys just sound so bitter and pathetic. Get over it worry about your own team

37. newhampshirepatriot says: Feb 24, 2011 7:59 PM

His message remains: The Yets will be a classless bunch of losers and I will have my head up my ass.

“I believe this is the year we’re going to win the BS Bowl. I thought we were going to do it the first two years; I guarantee we’ll win it his year,” Cryin-Ryan said.

38. PCa Survivor says: Feb 24, 2011 8:00 PM

brutus9448 says:
    Feb 24, 2011 5:59 PM

“what is a gurantee if there is nothing behind it. Ryan should pay his salary back to the Jets for 2011 if he doesn’t win it all.”
    ____
    Say what? Work for free? No no no. He should get the same salary as the commissioner. One dollar.

39. jerryloler says: Feb 24, 2011 8:01 PM

Guarantee me you and your wife will find a less disgusting hobby and then you’ll have my attention.

This started getting pathetic two years ago. I don’t even know what it is now.

40. footballphan says: Feb 24, 2011 8:08 PM

Rex could have actually had a great chance at being an up and coming, well-respected coach.

Instead, he chooses to be the blowhard clown of the NFL.

What a douche. Rex= STFU already you moronic idiot. Let your supposed accomplishments do the talking for you, maybe THEN you can talk trash.

41. tbd3 says: Feb 24, 2011 8:12 PM

“…Ryan’s guarantees may grow hollow after a while.”

You mean they haven’t already?

42. marinofreakout says: Feb 24, 2011 8:13 PM

hahahahha!

the only thing rex has consistently done is….

NOT win any superbowls,
    NOT win any conference championships,
    NOT win any afc east championships,
    NOT earn any home playoff games,
    NOT follow through on any previous guarantees,

when rex adds this all up what does he get?

another baseless guarantee. give me a break (not a kit kat bar fatty)

43. footballphan says: Feb 24, 2011 8:18 PM

@ny82jy:

Yeah, cuz I’m sure all of the Patriot fans are ‘jealous’ of your wild-card, backdoor playoff appearances, and your one year or bust front office moves.

That is comical, absolutely priceless.

I’m sure the fans of the team that’s won more games than anyone else in the past 10 yrs, has one of the league’s youngest rosters with 1/2 of their 53 guys being 3 less or less experience, and has more picks in the top 100 choices than anyone else in the NFL draft in 20+ years is really ‘hating’ on your one year collection of LT’s and Braylon Edwardses.

You shot your wad Jets, by deciding to assemble a one year or bust, salary cap hell team. Now go back to your hole. Next year, when you play the league’s 3rd hardest schedule, and you have to re-assemble your cap hell squad, you will see where you stand.

Maybe you should all try to plan and build for the future? Or at least start trying to win your damn division first, lol?

You won a playoff game over the Pats, and you deserved it. That was your Super Bowl. Enjoy it.

44. revisisland says: Feb 24, 2011 8:19 PM

Rex and the Jets have been better than 28 other teams each of the past two years. The Jets have made it further in the playoffs the past two years than every other team excluding The Packers, The Steelers, The Bears, The Saints, The Colts, and The Vikings. So unless you are a fan of those teams then you’re probably just upset because Rex is closer to accomplishing your coach’s dream of winning a superbowl, not just Rex’s. So keep hating on the Jet’s we’ll be fine we’ll win soon enough and then you guys will shut up. 1…..2….3…..Let the Foot/Fat jokes ensue.

45. revisisland says: Feb 24, 2011 8:22 PM

46. footballphan says: Feb 24, 2011 8:22 PM

@ny82jy:

I agree that Rex deserves some credit, but he went about it in the worst way possible. If he had just shut his mouth and done his job, then maybe people would see him for what he is–which is a very decent coach.

Instead, he chooses to be the obnoxious idiot that we all went to HS with, or saw at last week’s party, so whatever his accomplishments are–will be overlooked by that first.

Basically, he creates a distraction for himself, so people cannot even truly focus on any of his coaching skills or accomplishments.

He will get a lot more respect if he just STFU.

47. lance19 says: Feb 24, 2011 8:36 PM

Rex Ryan responds to latest loss by turning up the volume

Rex Ryan responds to Mankins franchise tag by turning up the volume

Rex Ryan responds to dropped cupcake by turning up the volume

Rex Ryan responds to “ihaveprettyfeet” ‘all holes’ applicants by turning up the volume

Rex Ryan responds to Bieber haircut by turning up the volume

Is there any phenomenon that does NOT lead to Rex getting more obnoxious?

48. peanutbutter&jelly says: Feb 24, 2011 8:43 PM

@ny82jy-i agree that the jets are better since ryan has been there but you have to admit his constant babble takes away from the success the team has had.btw i really don’t believe they are setup for much of anything for years to come other than failure because they have way to many free agents to worry about and barring a real great draft i don’t see how they can maintaine the team chemistry or talent level to continue to make it to afc championship games.i would have said continue to make superbowl runs but i don’t believe they will ever make it back to a superbowl and if they somehow do i still wont believe it untill they play the game and then they will just lose it anyway

49. tangysizzl says: Feb 24, 2011 8:55 PM

Bitter and pathetic is exactly the phrase I would use to describe Rex Ryan. This guy is so much like Rush Limbaugh, its not even funny.

Rex (and Rush) for that matter both suffer from the human form of Hoof in mouth disease. They are the poster boys for the old saying.

“Its better to be thought a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt”

50. lance19 says: Feb 24, 2011 9:27 PM

@revisisland:

You kind of missed the point: The article wasn’t about which team could lose in the AFC Championship Game most often, after declaring themselves “Super Bowl champs”…”

It was making the point that the constant big talk about how the Jets are destined to win the next Super Bowl gets tired…especially when they haven’t even reached the big game. It’s not about
    the 28 teams that didn’t finish as high, it’s about the constant “We’re #1!!” from a blowhard that hasn’t earned it.

51. pack15forever says: Feb 24, 2011 9:39 PM

The year 2020 and Rex again promises that the Jets will win the Superbowl.

52. goawayeverybody says: Feb 24, 2011 9:39 PM

I like the Jets, but Rex Ryan’s swagger has grown extremely tiresome. It’s starting to grate on me and I’m sure I’m not alone. Hey Rex, if you have something to say, go say it on the field in the form of a victory.

53. goawayeverybody says: Feb 24, 2011 9:41 PM

The Jets will likely make the AFC title game for the third straight year and lose. That would be a shame, but I think the Ravens might finally get over the hump next year. I just hope the Rapists and Cheaters don’t win.

54. ny82jy says: Feb 24, 2011 9:43 PM

I hear what you guys are saying. But all I’m saying is some off the comments aren’t true or deserved. I do feel the jets are setup to succed. They have a good young qb, they will resign holmes or Edwards if not both. They have a good young core with sanchez Greene, revis, Harris ,ferguson , Wilson, and mangold . That’s why I say they are setup. A few good draft picks and they will be fine. Plus the last few years the jets have been as active as any team in free agency even last year when they were restricted to the final four rule. I like to talk football on here not really trash talk so if anyone has a good comment to respond that’s cool

55. footballfan80 says: Feb 24, 2011 9:46 PM

footballphan:

You give a lot of statements as if they are facts and give no support. The most laughable comment you made was about the Jets 3rd toughest schedule. Um first of all we dont know who is going to be good next year so opponents winning percentage from this past season doesnt mean too much. And second of all, dont bring up points that kill your argument, considering the fact that the Patriots by virtue of finishing first in the division this year have even a harder schedule than the Jets next year.

I understand why non Jets fans dont like Ryan as a person, but deep down about 90-95% of these people bad mouthing him would absolutely kill to have them instead of their current team’s coach. Is there really any coach out there who is hands down better than Ryan other than Bellichick?

56. garyman1 says: Feb 24, 2011 9:50 PM

Rex, Rex, Rex… You are beginning to sound like Peter McNeeley who made one of the all time great quotes before fighting Mike Tyson: “I will wrap Mike Tyson in a cocoon of horror” (that didn’t work out too good either)

57. mayfieldroadboy says: Feb 24, 2011 9:57 PM

Jets have gone to the post-season two years in a row. Most teams would love to play in the post-season just once in every decade. Whether a fatty or a footie, he’s a fighter. But he’ll never be in the same league as Belichick.

58. ny82jy says: Feb 24, 2011 10:38 PM

@footballfan80- couldn’t say it better..
    @ footballphan- how have the jets not planned for the future? They have a young core of about 6 players. They aren’t a one and done team. They will probably lose cromartie and maybe lt . Both of which are replaceable. I never said the pats fans were jealous. I said they were bitter which you obviously are. You obviously don’t know alot about the jets and which players they have signed. They will resign holmes and probably Edwards too. Harris is tagged and revis sanchez ferguson and mangold are all signed long term.. So tell me how’s that not planning for the future? Also how is that a one and done team?

59. tfbuckfutter says: Feb 24, 2011 10:47 PM

“footballfan80 says: Feb 24, 2011 9:46 PM
    footballphan:
    Stob blabbering about the Patriots PAST Success. That was so 5 years ago. We are now in the PRESENT. The Patriots have not won a single playoff game in 4 years.”

The Patriots beat the Chargers January 20th, 2008.

Your ability to round could use some work.

60. emperor83 says: Feb 24, 2011 10:55 PM

Please, Rex. The only thing your ripping is the back of your pants

61. PanchoHerreraFanClub says: Feb 24, 2011 10:59 PM

Talk is cheap. Rex should have a sound footing when he these kinds of statements.

62. footballphan says: Feb 24, 2011 11:06 PM

@footballfan80:

No one’s ‘babbling’ (classy) about anyone’s ‘past’ success. The team went 14-2 this year dude, lol.

They have the NFL’s winningest record SINCE spygate. Is that not present success?

When you go 14-2 THIS yr, your head coach is coach of the year, your QB wins the only unanimous MVP ever—that is current.

Yes, they cannot win the tournament every year, but to say that they haven’t had current success is just plain..stupid. They were the #1 seed in the AFC this year, and beat every team in the AFC/NFC championship games, and Super Bowl.

Is that not current success? Who is your example of ‘current’ success if it isn’t a team that just went 14-2? They’ve won their division 8 out of the past 9 years dude, that isn’t CURRENT?

Just because you don’t win the Super Bowl EVERY single year doesn’t mean you don’t have ‘current’ success. Do the Steelers not have current success too? Or how about the Ravens? Indy Colts have only won the SB once, do they not have ‘current’ success?

You are oblivious to the current success model of today’s NFL–and that is obvious. Good teams set themselves up in the draft, in negotiations, and for the present and future. Have they not done that?

Notice how the Saints, the NYGiants, and the Packers are just the ‘flavors of the month,’ while the Pats have been consistent for 10 yrs now.

63. pftequalsgreatjournalism says: Feb 24, 2011 11:08 PM

revisisland says: Feb 24, 2011 8:19 PM

——————————–

No one can dispute that the Jets have gotten better under Ryan, but his proclamation was that they will win a SB.

Did he?

64. handlethehandles says: Feb 24, 2011 11:08 PM

Funny… you dont hear from the Packers the Steelers the Colts or the Pats…

But somehow always the Jets… This guy is worse than Brett Favre…

65. packerbacker12 says: Feb 24, 2011 11:15 PM

Is it really that necessary for the media to type a story EVERY SINGLE TIME this fatty opens his mouth? I mean, seriously. I think everyone knows what Rex Ryan thinks

and oh yeah Rex guaranteeing a Super Bowl every year doesn’t make you look good, especially since you’ve failed to get there each time you have predicted it.

66. packerbacker12 says: Feb 24, 2011 11:19 PM

“Oh and for all you guys saying we need to win an AFC East championship or a home playoff game first to be true contenders, well then you guys should march too Green Bay and Take The Lombardi away from them because they didn’t win their division or win a home playoff game.”

It’s probably because Mike McCarthy actually kept his mouth shut and let his talking play out on the field.

67. footballphan says: Feb 24, 2011 11:27 PM

@ny82jy:

“Couldn’t have said it better?” LOL. You are arguing that the team who has won more games than ANYONE in the past 4 yrs does not have CURRENT success?

It feels like I am debating with a 10 yr old. That doesn’t even come close to making any sense.

Now if you want to say that the NYJ are here for good to challenge the Pats for the AFCEast etc, then I can buy that. But to say that they do not have current success, and that all of the ‘other’ 31 teams who do not win the SB every yr are irrelevant is not too bright.

You make a good case for your squad’s building for the future. That is not what I disagree with, what I disagree with is how they are going about it. Yes the locked up Sanchez to a 50+ million deal, the same with Revis, the same with Mangold (close to it), and are going to have to do the same with Harris now too. You are also telling me that Santonio and Braylon are not going to want 10+ million a year? C’mon. They will be in cap hell, and that was the point.

As far as beating your division rivals 2 out of 3x this year—yes, that certainly proves a lot, and makes for a good rivalry for the future, but don’t act like they didn’t load up on high-priced free agents for a one year run at glory last year. Whether or not they are able to continue their success remains to be seen, as we have differing opinions.

Your coach is very talented, but his obnoxiousness takes credit away from himself, as he creates his own distraction. If he were to shut his mouth, he would have a lot more respect–then you could call people ‘haters.’

68. fatfreddystubbs says: Feb 24, 2011 11:59 PM

handlethehandles is absolutely right. The fact is, Rex Ryan SHOULD believe at this point his team will win the Super Bowl this year, and I’m sure Belichek, McCarthy, Tomlin, Payton, Harbaugh, and a few other coaches genuinely believe the same thing.

The difference is that the other guys don’t have this pathlogical need for attention every five minutes. I think the guy seriously has a few screws loose.

69. bebopa says: Feb 25, 2011 12:28 AM

This guys mouth just makes it more enjoyable when the Jets lose

70. oneaa says: Feb 25, 2011 12:30 AM

Ryan needs to calm his nerve. You made it to the show two years in a row, not the BIG SHOW but A show. Any team at any time can make it happen. Look at my Packers, boom. I really hope for Ryans sake he does at least make it to the Bowl before he gets axed. Great coach but all that talk, better walk the walk! Is it to late for that?

71. chazzmon says: Feb 25, 2011 12:56 AM

As a Giant fan who has heard all the crap from the other season ticket holders I too have tired of the all the talk, but if I had to look at his results alone I would have to commend his progress. He may never win a Superbowl, but he’s got his team relevant, they’re not boring, the players seem to love him and free agents seem to want to go there. He puts the pressure square on his shoulders and let’s his players play. What would the league be like without villains?……..pretty boring I think.

72. theguywhotoldtimtebowtoshutthefup says: Feb 25, 2011 1:12 AM

What kind of sauce has Joe Namath put in this fools drink?

73. lostsok says: Feb 25, 2011 5:07 AM

The great thing about this is it just makes a joke of the ONE truly great NY Jet’s moment: Namath’s guarantee.

The ONE THING they have to hang their crap-stained hat one…and he pisses all over it.

Awesome! Thanks, Rex…

74. eddyjf says: Feb 25, 2011 7:08 AM

macgee10 says:
    Feb 24, 2011 6:51 PM
    Winning 4 playoff games on the road in 2 years is pretty good in my book.
    ——————————-
    They’ve done well in the playoffs. Winning road games in contingent on not having one of the top records in your division – is that something to brag about? Tired of seeing this.

Also, if the season is canceled, you would have to admit that they Jets are the best team given that they won the SB last year and this coming year. Best off field record in the history of NFL.

75. grpatriot says: Feb 25, 2011 7:16 AM

D bag say “what?”

76. chapnastier says: Feb 25, 2011 7:52 AM

More Rex bashing. Go ahead Rex be confident. If you were any other coach it would be applauded!

77. larrymcj says: Feb 25, 2011 9:00 AM

Sorry, Rex….but yet more verbal dribble will not win you a championship. I understand there are folks who support this guy, but to the rest of the NFL followers, he’s still the same old loudmouth he’s always been. Someone needs to explain to Rex that turning down the volume might gain him more love…but then again, he wouldn’t listen anyway.

78. CKL says: Feb 25, 2011 10:38 AM

footballphan says: Feb 24, 2011 11:27 PM

@ny82jy:

___________________________________
    You are debating with a 10 YO.
    deamvanwormer and NY82JY are two of the most hypocritical Jets fans out there. Whining about RR and foot jokes being old while bringing up cameragate any chance they get AND all the while……their team was CAUGHT CHEATING MORE RECENTLY. Hard to beat that “logic”. (insert eyeroll here).

79. ice90 says: Feb 25, 2011 10:41 AM

I love Rex and the winning attitude he has brought to the Jets. But I’d like to hear less of him during the off-season. Let’s have a good draft and improve the roster first. There will be plenty of time to cue the haters once training camp starts.

80. hammertoe11 says: Feb 25, 2011 11:55 AM

Trash talking foot fetish Rex Ryan is at it again. The only way he is going to the superbowl is to watch it only. The only way he get a ring he play OJ to steal one. The only he get his picture take a superbowl champ if he crops his picture in it. Another word Rex Ryan suck donkey DIC*.

81. mensamember says: Feb 25, 2011 12:01 PM

Go get em Rex.
    Best damn coach in the NFL.
    2 seasons in and 2 AFC championship games.
    Jets are relevant and will continue to be relevant for a long time.
    I wish some one would point out to me all these so called high priced free agents the Jets loaded up on.
    Edwards and Bart Scott cost serious money but thats it. And their production was well worth it.
    Holmes, Tomlinson and Taylor were dirt cheap.
    Taylor was the only bust, but he had a couple great plays.
    Color me a VERY happy Jets fan.

82. ny82jy says: Feb 25, 2011 12:14 PM

I never said the other teams were irrelevant especially the pats. I don’t like them but of course i have respect How could I not.

@ CKL

k am not hypocritical. I stick up for my team as I’m sure you do to. Sorry if I don’t like hearing the same foot jokes over and over again. Why don’t you worry about yourself cause you aren’t even in his debate. Just stfu you have no idea how old I am. I try to make fair points on here. I don’t make stupid hating comments like you. I can’t believe your gonna call out the jets over tripgate when they have the pats on YouTube doin the same thing. That’s hypocritical if you ask me..

83. ice90 says: Feb 25, 2011 2:20 PM

It’s fine if you “hate” the Jets. It’s fine if you “hate” Rex Ryan. All of that is just emotional BS. But you have to be kidding yourself (or just delusional) if you think Rex is overrated.

> 2 years on the job, 2 playoff appearances
    > 20-12 regular season record (.625)
    > 4-2 playoff record (.667)
    > 2 AFC Championship appearances (I know.. no wins)

Ok…. you’ve got me on the “no division titles, no conference titles” thing but his resume is pretty solid.

And for that matter, the Jets have been mostly competitive since 1997. 10 winning seasons, 3 losing seasons, and 1 .500 season. Haven’t won the big game, true, but haven’t been a perennial bottom feeder for a long time either.

Good grief……. it’s February and we are talking about the NY Jets. There is a God!

84. ny82jy says: Feb 25, 2011 3:25 PM

@ice90- well said bro. Everyone likes to point out and talk about all the negatives with the jets. But nobody takes the time to look at the positives like you have listed. Like I say if their all talking about the jets their doing something right. Nobody talks about or cares about the crap teams in the league . You almost have to take it as a compliment cause in years past nobody talked about the jets.

85. mrlynch33 says: Feb 26, 2011 4:20 AM

What a surprise another guarentee….anybody else getting the “Boy who cried wolf” feeling?

86. deconjonesbitchslap says: Feb 26, 2011 6:57 PM

i like it. i’m so sick of all the humble folk in the nfl. games are more intersting when players have bounty’s on their heads

87. jetsman80 says: Feb 27, 2011 9:15 PM

TELL EM SEXY REXY !
    THESE HATIN D – BAGS WISH THEY HAD A COACH WITH THE STONES YOU’VE GOT.
    KEEP DOIN WHAT YER DOIN !
    WERE LOVIN IT HERE IN JETS LAND !

REVISISLAND’S GOT IT SPOT ON

“revisisland says:
    Feb 24, 2011 8:22 PM
    Oh and who needs to win your division when you can just beat the sh!t out of your division rival in the playoffs.”

J-E-T-S…JETS…JETS…JETS

YA THINK WE GIVE A SH#T WHAT YOU OTHER FANS THINK ??……….. EXACTLY.

GET USED TO SEEIN THE NYJ IN THE PLAYOFFS.

88. tunescribe says: Feb 27, 2011 11:58 PM

I guarantee the New Jersey Green Beans do not win the Super Bowl this coming season. Or the season after that. Or the season after that. Written in stone. A lead-pipe cinch. Sure thing. And I don’t care what anyone else thinks. This is personal.

89. mrlynch33 says: Feb 28, 2011 6:01 PM

I dont really care what they do but they better get those receivers back or replace braylon edwards with someone like Julio Jones or something….and they better hope that LaDanian can keep playing the way he did last year or there is no chance of a superbowl what-so-ever.