Prince Amukamara says his doubters “don’t know what they’re talking about”

Justin Blackmon, Prince Amukamara

Nebraska cornerback Prince Amukamara is facing questions about his speed heading into his NFL Scouting Combine workouts on Tuesday. But he says those questions are ridiculous.

“The 40-yard dash is rated real high at the Combine and I’m looking forward to doing real good at it. I know I’m going to run real well,” Amukamara said. “I think some people don’t know what they’re talking about and haven’t seen me on film. I guess I’ll show them on Tuesday.”

If Amukamara does run real well, he’ll solidify his status as one of the elite players at any position in the draft. And he says he wants teams to realize he’ll be ready to make an impact as a rookie, the way his former teammate Ndamukong Suh did in 2010.

“That is my plan,” Amukamara said. “I’m definitely not trying to redshirt in the NFL.”

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
7 Responses to “Prince Amukamara says his doubters “don’t know what they’re talking about””
  1. 2011to2020lions says: Feb 28, 2011 7:19 AM

Please come play with Suh again!!!! We welcome you here in Detroit!!!

2. 2011to2020lions says: Feb 28, 2011 7:31 AM

Didn’t mean again on the Suh thing, just to come play with Suh!! A little early for me

3. joetoronto says: Feb 28, 2011 7:55 AM

What a stupid name, “Prince”.

4. xtb3 says: Feb 28, 2011 7:58 AM

The Prince’s Speech

5. bucsballer says: Feb 28, 2011 9:09 AM

Please Tampa trade up and get this guy

6. kosarsmyidol says: Feb 28, 2011 10:18 AM

There were questions about Joe Haden’s speed after he ran a disappointing 40 last year. He ended up having a good rookie year. I wouldn’t worry too much about Amukamara.

7. bender4700 says: Feb 28, 2011 11:26 AM

The analysts are always right. See Suh vs McCoy. Best DT in the country finished on the IR while the Rookie of the Year finished as a Pro Bowl starter.

Sometimes people like Mike Mayock need to be called what they are “entertainers”.

I can’t wait for all the people who try and be different by saying a player isn’t that good, can’t wait to see how they try and back track. Mike Mayock should never talk to Suh. If he said anything kind to him it would look like pure hypocrisy.

The same “experts” keep getting it wrong.