Charlie Peprah puts pen to paper

Charlie Peprah, Charlse Woodson, Mark Murphy

A.J. Hawk wasn’t the only Green Bay Packer to re-sign with the team before the clock struck midnight on the NFL league year.

Adam Caplan of FoxSports.com reports safety Charlie Peprah will return to the team on a two-year, $2.3 million deal.   Peprah was solid as a fill-in starter for Morgan Burnett last year, although he figures to return to a backup role.

Atari Bigby was not remotely expected to return to the team, but this move makes it more obvious.

Permalink 20 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
20 Responses to “Charlie Peprah puts pen to paper”
  1. mossholder says: Mar 4, 2011 2:09 PM

Good for him he’s going be a solid back up safety. This helps Burnett’s transition since he will still have growing pains. Also doesn’t hurt if he turns out to be a bust.

2. goombar2 says: Mar 4, 2011 2:11 PM

I wouldn’t rule this guy out. He was all game down the stretch and Burnett should be in a competition for that starting role and not just handed that position.

But as far as the contract, it good money well spent. This Packer organization makes me very proud and does things the right way, being upfront and honest. They pay a good check for good play and that’s really a winning formula for success that you see with the top franchises today – NE, Indy, Pitts, and I’m sure I’m missing a couple of good ones but it’s not intentional.

3. 13xworldchamps says: Mar 4, 2011 2:12 PM

Again, Ted’s doing it right and rewarding “OUR” guys and sticking to the plan. Peprah brought a toughness to our secondary and was rewarded for solid play……good news again for tha PACK

4. scoops1 says: Mar 4, 2011 2:18 PM

def worth the $$$

5. theo547 says: Mar 4, 2011 2:21 PM

Good Bigby had one good season and hasnt been healthy since.

And the dude hit on my wife once, but thats another story for another time.

6. thehatefulnerd says: Mar 4, 2011 2:23 PM

A good kid and an underrated player.

7. Little Earthquake says: Mar 4, 2011 2:27 PM

Keep up the good work, Ted.

Vikes can scoop up whomever Packers deem past his prime.

8. tuckercarlsonisthevoiceofreason says: Mar 4, 2011 2:29 PM

goombar2 says:
    Mar 4, 2011 2:11 PM

————

You forgot Minnesota, goombar, but no offense taken.

9. johnnyb216 says: Mar 4, 2011 2:50 PM

Winning!

10. JimmySmith says: Mar 4, 2011 3:03 PM

Just contrast this signing of a safety with how the Vikings did it. First, Peprah played solid once he was inserted into the starting line up. Didn’t hurt the Packers at all through out the playoffs and this guy is basically a street FA.

Now look at the CryQueens. They have a safety that is average at best and instead of signing him, they apply a tender for the clown at a rate higher than he’s worth (costing the Vikings even more money). But overplaying players is running wild in MN, a QB gets $17 mil last season and for what? A DE that had one sack in the first 7 games gets $70 mil, a WR that can’t get open and then drops the passes if he is gets $44 mil. That’s why they are in last place and yet the fans come on to the Packer posts to suggest that Hawk makes too much.

Here’s the question, what is a Superbowl win worth? They wouldn’t know, they never won one.

11. iceh0les says: Mar 4, 2011 3:10 PM

love him b/c he’s Texas Tuff, but he’s a very average player.

good for him, a really good guy.

12. shaggytoodle says: Mar 4, 2011 3:12 PM

Robison of the Vikings got 5 times the money
    I am glad the Packers don’t give money out to hopeful starters that haven’t been able to crack the starting lineup for 5 years.

Its really obvious that these young guys listen to what Mr. Woodson teaches, and its great that EVERYONE benefits from it.

I hope Peprah can continue to add great depth to the GB secondary.

13. 30ptbuck says: Mar 4, 2011 3:32 PM

tuckercarlsonisthevoiceofreason says:
    Mar 4, 2011 2:29 PM
    goombar2 says:
    Mar 4, 2011 2:11 PM

————

You forgot Minnesota, goombar, but no offense taken.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    I think he meant any franchise that won more than one playoff game since 2005 and won a SUPER BOWL. Offense intended

14. tuckercarlsonisthevoiceofreason says: Mar 4, 2011 3:37 PM

The Vikings obsession continues…

You’d think fans of a team with 13 world championships wouldn’t have such an inferiority complex.

15. packerbacker12 says: Mar 4, 2011 3:56 PM

I give a lot of credit to Peprah for how well he played this year and he deserves this new deal. But you also have to give a lot of credit to the defensive backs coach Joe Whitt, Jr. He virtually turned Peprah from a journeyman to a solid player, even if he will be backing up Morgan Burnett next year.

16. packerbacker12 says: Mar 4, 2011 3:59 PM

“The Vikings obsession continues…”

If there is any obsession here, it’s you and your tendency to litter every Packer story with your ‘witty’ comments.

And Packer fans could care less about the Vikings. When they do talk about them, they are responding to your comments.

17. tuckercarlsonisthevoiceofreason says: Mar 4, 2011 4:23 PM

packerbacker, did you mean Packer fans “could” care less or “couldn’t” care less about the Vikings? Because if you could care less, that means you probably care quite a bit, which confirms the point that I’ve been making.

Not all of my comments are witty, but they all slice right to the heart of Packer fans’ desperate desire to be taken seriously by Viking fans.

18. carlgerbschmidt says: Mar 4, 2011 5:26 PM

tuckercarlsonisthevoiceofreason says:
    Mar 4, 2011 4:23 PM

—–

I’m pretty sure our 4 SUPER BOWL WINS takes care of our desire to be taken seriously by fans of ALL teams, not just your feckless vikes.

Why don’t you go back to counting commas?

19. goombar2 says: Mar 4, 2011 5:39 PM

No, the vikes are not included in teams that spend wisely on players. Right now I rank them slightly below washington. The only reason I rank washington higher is that at the end of the day they don’t need a welfare check to claim a profit.

I was just over at the vike end and saw that they think a shot-putter is their savior at DE and gave him mad money. If I were a vike fan I’d be embarrassed to come here and try to stir things up. It’s just pathetic.

A better use of your fan time would be writing to newspapers in the Minny area demanding some accountability from the top brass with the green backs before you just willy-nilly throw your money at high ticket prices and licensing fees. About time someone was held accountable in vikeland for that poor performance and the uncertain future.

Living near twin cities, I know quite a few folks that have said they didn’t know if a season without football wasn’t better than a season watching the vikes get stomped. I swear I’ve heard it about everyday for months now.

20. tangysizzl says: Mar 4, 2011 5:45 PM

Obsession? Just seems to me that some fans like to pour salt in a wound or kick a fan when hes down type of thing.

If you don’t like it, then get your two retarded sons(Hobartbaker and PervyHarvin) to stop reading the coment section of Packer related posts.

Its not rocket science buddy.