Chad Ochocinco loves Rex Ryan

ochocinco

Chad Ochocinco said in January that he’d love to play for the Jets. That hasn’t changed, and Ochocinco says coach Rex Ryan is the biggest reason.

“I respect the New York area, they have a great coach that anyone would die to play for . . . a very player-friendly coach,” Ochocino told ESPN, via the New York Post. “It’s like a player as the coach. He has the same mindset that we should have, but he says what he feels. You’re not supposed to do that as a head coach. But when you do, it’s awesome. That’s a very refreshing feeling, very refreshing.”

Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis and linebacker Bart Scott have both said this week that they think Ochocinco could become a Jet. But the Jets are not the only AFC East team Ochocinco has eyes for. In another interview this week, Ochocinco said he’d love to play in Miami.

“Speaking of the Dolphins, like, I can say this. The Dolphins have always been my team since I’ve grown up,” Ochocinco said. “Anytime I play Madden, I play with the Dolphins.”

Ochocinco is also being careful to stress, however, that he’d like to remain in Cincinnati. The Bengals are heading into the offseason in a state of flux, with quarterback Carson Palmer saying he wants out, but Ochocinco wants things to work out.

“I’m a Cincinnati Bengal at heart, I always will be,” Ochocinco said. “And hopefully things turn around for us as a team, especially the situation with our quarterback right now.”

But if things don’t work out for Ochocinco in Cincinnati, there are a couple of other places he’d like to play.

Permalink 37 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
37 Responses to “Chad Ochocinco loves Rex Ryan”
  1. rovibe says: Mar 5, 2011 6:14 PM

OchoStinko loves Rex.

Rex loves the foot.

They both love football…

Match made in Heaven!

2. patfic15 says: Mar 5, 2011 6:19 PM

Player friendly coaches are about as successful as Wade Philips.

3. goawayeverybody says: Mar 5, 2011 6:20 PM

Ochocino still has some gas left in the tank, but would it be enough to supplant Cotchery, Edwards, or Holmes? I’m not sure about that.

4. jw731 says: Mar 5, 2011 6:21 PM

I think, that when he changed his name from Chad Johnson to Ochocinco, he also went from standing at a urinal to sitting every time he takes a piss…

5. geobh says: Mar 5, 2011 6:25 PM

get out ocho stinko

6. steelybills says: Mar 5, 2011 6:32 PM

Chad. Shut up.

7. FoozieGrooler says: Mar 5, 2011 6:37 PM

I love how these guys think they can just pick where they want to go.

8. jetsclaps says: Mar 5, 2011 6:40 PM

Can’t blame him.

Rex Ryan is the MAN

9. alexr5111 says: Mar 5, 2011 6:45 PM

Picking up on a pattern here? He’s telling everyone that he wants to play for them. He’s marketing himself, nothing new…this time it actually relates to football.

10. lance19 says: Mar 5, 2011 6:53 PM

Chad also said that he “grew up a
    Detroit Lions fan” and has a very
    special place in his heart for the
    San Jose SaberCats, and feels forever
    connected to the New Jersey Generals,
    and always plays as the Pottsville Maroons
    (when playing any non-Madden NFL game).

He’s very selective.

11. Deb says: Mar 5, 2011 7:04 PM

You’ve got to admire Chad’s laserlike focus. The league may be going to hell in a handbasket, but his priority remains finding a comfortable home for Chad. Bet a lot of coaches wind up feeling the love.

12. vikescry1 says: Mar 5, 2011 7:14 PM

YOU GOT IT WRONG PFT HE LIKE’S REX’S FEET!

13. yankeesjetsknicksrangers says: Mar 5, 2011 7:19 PM

Bad move, don’t need anymore self promoters on this team.

No thanks

14. moolah954 says: Mar 5, 2011 7:20 PM

Chad is a Miami boy..the only reason why he didn’t go to the U was grades.. now saying that i would love to see him in gang green rather than aqua

15. ghostofhenrystram says: Mar 5, 2011 7:21 PM

Bring it haters. Fact remains that Chad Johnson is still more than a decent player and knows how to promote his brand. The NFL is better for having a guy like him and I for one hope he does well. People may call him a fool but he makes it all refreshing and makes me glad I’m a big fan of the NFL brand. Chiefs fan here and sure wish we had him to go along with Dwayne Bowe. I could care less about the white noise and the static…if he brings it on the field thats all that matters. Pretty sure that one of Cleveland’s D-Backs said he was one of the best recievers he played against this year. Rock on Johnson…you have at leats 2 good seasons left.

16. getweird4u says: Mar 5, 2011 7:27 PM

GOOOOOOOOO AWWWAAAAAAAYYYYYYY You have emotional issues that need professional help,im sorry ur mom and dad werent there for you(at least grammy was which is more than some have) but enough already your not even a top 50 wideout anymore just deal with it….i would take a 5th for ur loudmouth clown a#$ right now and im talkin crown royal not a draft pick!

17. couldntthinkofaname says: Mar 5, 2011 7:55 PM

This is getting pathetic.

18. flavordave says: Mar 5, 2011 8:16 PM

Show em your feet Chad.

19. elrickremy says: Mar 5, 2011 8:20 PM

“Ochocinco is also being careful to stress, however, that he’d like to remain in Cincinnati”
    ________________________________
    Chad, Chad, Chad. I’m sure Marvin Lewis is feeling the love since you went out of your way to say you want to play for the Jets or Dolphins. Come to think of it, I think you would play for anyone who would still write you a paycheck.

20. bleedgreen08052 says: Mar 5, 2011 8:21 PM

Why would anyone want him?

21. deanvernonwormer says: Mar 5, 2011 8:29 PM

Ochostinko, go to Miami. You’re the perfect fit. Loser/Loser. It’s a win/win.

22. Kave Krew says: Mar 5, 2011 8:31 PM

Basically, 85 loves any team that would sign him to a huge contract. So far, it’s the Patriots Dolphins, Jets, Raiders…….and of course, the default team who just so happens to have him under contract – Bengals……did I miss any teams on his run to give love to 32 teams?

23. melikefootball says: Mar 5, 2011 8:36 PM

Bungle fans just keep buying my jersey. I will always be a Bungal at heart…yea right!

24. palinforpresidentofnorthkorea says: Mar 5, 2011 8:51 PM

Ochocinco loves himself more than anyone else.

Sorry, Rex but you’re #2 at best.

25. ndgarretjax says: Mar 5, 2011 9:02 PM

@Kave Krew

Redskins maybe?

26. ppie12 says: Mar 5, 2011 10:16 PM

washed up!

27. golfjackal says: Mar 5, 2011 10:55 PM

This guy is washed up. Why do we even waste our time discussing him?

28. thenewenglandpatriots12 says: Mar 5, 2011 11:34 PM

You cannot like Rex Ryan and Bill Belichick, it defies the laws of physics.

29. gosox2673 says: Mar 5, 2011 11:53 PM

Of course a selfish prima-donna like Chad Johnson wants to play for the Jets. A team that offers absolutely no discipline or accountability is his nirvana.

30. alpine75 says: Mar 6, 2011 12:20 AM

He gets so much respect because he’s won so many championships. *Sneeze*

Why would anyone want this team killer on their team?

31. bigfog says: Mar 6, 2011 9:21 AM

2-3 years left in the tank and then out of the league.

32. Kave Krew says: Mar 6, 2011 9:40 AM

If Eighty Five hasn’t flirted with the Redskins, then here’s a possible scene.

” I’ve always admired Mr. Snyder, he’s a tremendous owner who’s heart is always in the right place. Coach Shanahan – Well probably a Hall of Fame coach who seems to well with just one particular player,and I can be that player. Donovan – well all that he needs is a world class act like me and we’d be Super Bowl Champs by October.”

33. polegojim says: Mar 6, 2011 10:18 AM

If Chad focused as much on running routes as he does his running jaws, the Bengals would be better.

That said – the Bengals as a whole aren’t a good place to showcase your best. Bring him to Denver to play pitch and catch with Tebow, but leave TO… anyplace else.

34. thirdngoal says: Mar 6, 2011 10:47 AM

Every time Ochostinko opens his mouth he sounds more and more like T.O.

35. ytsejamer1 says: Mar 6, 2011 10:55 AM

“I want to go to NYJ, I want to go to Miami too…”

In player speak, it means that “I sure as sh&t don’t want to go to Buffalo, but I love BB…and I really want to go NE!” :)

36. bensstinkyfingers says: Mar 6, 2011 12:40 PM

Child Please , you need to stay in Cinci. Hopefully your BFF T.O. stays too, so you can continue that awesome reality show, and in the process the bungles may not draft AJ. Green so my Browns can!

37. tluke25 says: Mar 6, 2011 1:04 PM

Well of course he loves Rex Ryan. He’s also said he loves Bill Belicheck. He also loves 30 other NFL coaches. He is begging for a job. If you told him that you had a job in an NFL front office, he’d tell you that he loved you, too. Then once you hired and everything didn’t go his way, he’d pout and spout off to the media.