Tom Zbikowski says he’d knock out Chad Ochocinco in 45 seconds

ochocinco

As Ravens safety Tom Zbikowski continues to get more attention for his upcoming boxing match than he ever gets for his in-season activities on the field, he made an appearance today in which he said he’d like to get the chance to knock out Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco.

On the Dan Patrick Show, Zbikowski was asked which NFL player he’d most like to face in the ring. In an instant, he named the Bengals receiver he faces twice a year on the field.

“Ochocinco talks like he can box,” Zbikowski said.

Ochocinco has said in the past that he’d like to box in the offseason, and he said this weekend that he’d like to fight UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva. But unlike Zbikowski, Ochocinco has never actually laced up the gloves, and Zbikowski said a fight between himself and Ochocinco wouldn’t last long.

“I’d let it go for about 45 seconds,” Zbikowski said. “I’d let him know what a real jab feels like.”

Zbikowski said he’d beat any active NFL player in a boxing match, although he acknowledged he’d be nervous if he had to step into the ring with teammate Ray Lewis, and he said he believes another teammate, Haloti Ngata, has the talent to be the heavyweight champion of the world if he wanted to quit football and dedicate himself to boxing.

UPDATE: CSNChicago.com has the full video of Zbikowski’s interview with Dan Patrick.

Permalink 44 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
44 Responses to “Tom Zbikowski says he’d knock out Chad Ochocinco in 45 seconds”
  1. chapnastier says: Mar 7, 2011 12:03 PM

If he knocked Ochocinco out he would be the number 1 fan favorite of the entire league.

2. obxastronaut says: Mar 7, 2011 12:08 PM

I believe it.

3. moochzilla says: Mar 7, 2011 12:08 PM

45 seconds? I guess Tom doesn’t think much of his boxing skills. It would take about 5 seconds.

The worst boxer in the world can beat the toughest non-boxer in the world, as long as it is limited to boxing.

Tom could knock out LeBron James in 20 seconds.

4. FoozieGrooler says: Mar 7, 2011 12:10 PM

more like 4.5 seconds.

5. henryjones20 says: Mar 7, 2011 12:10 PM

i got a feeling chad should keep his mouth shut this time

6. stilllovemybungles says: Mar 7, 2011 12:11 PM

Of course it would take 45 seconds.. It would take Tom 30 seconds to get back up off the mat after Ocho knocks him out!

7. bengalsown says: Mar 7, 2011 12:11 PM

*Insert another WWE comment here

8. egls7 says: Mar 7, 2011 12:13 PM

That’s hilarious because it’s true haha

9. burnzy32 says: Mar 7, 2011 12:13 PM

maybe we’d get lucky and Ochocincos jaw would get wired shut for a few months

10. kingjoe1 says: Mar 7, 2011 12:13 PM

id buy his jersey, and I hate the Ravens.

11. medialovesthecowboys says: Mar 7, 2011 12:14 PM

I like the respect he gave to his teammates, and I’d love to see him knock out 85. But I know I’m not the only one who had never heard of this guy until now.

12. buckybadger says: Mar 7, 2011 12:16 PM

Tommy Z has been boxing for a long time. Ocho wouldn’t get out of the first round.

Tommy Z will get a kayo this weekend as well. He is fighting a cupcake which is expected since he is still early in his career and hasn’t fought in a long time.

13. kokoskmr says: Mar 7, 2011 12:23 PM

Probably a good idea if you could get chad to put a mouthguard in for 45 seconds.

Advice to Tommy Z. though: “It ain’t bragging if you can do it” but make sure you can do it!

14. raythestabber says: Mar 7, 2011 12:24 PM

Someone please make this happen!

15. theRichardofCFT says: Mar 7, 2011 12:28 PM

Well that’s what happens when your NFL career never takes center stage. You start looking for employment elsewhere. I.e Boxing. Don’t worry Tommy, the only thing that matters is that YOU believe it.

The nerve of some people. 45 seconds my arse.

16. ravensfreak00 says: Mar 7, 2011 12:28 PM

It would be less time than that.

17. ytownie says: Mar 7, 2011 12:28 PM

Put TO in the ring too and then he could put Batman and Robin both down. Everyone would cheer for that!

18. charly0418 says: Mar 7, 2011 12:30 PM

Another overrated Notre Dame player

After the punt return TD he had against USC, I completely forgot about this guy

19. breeshasabush says: Mar 7, 2011 12:33 PM

Drew Brees would knock out Tyson, Ali, Bruce Lee, and Chuck Norris all in their primes….. Charlie Sheen might put up a good fight though.

20. marty2019 says: Mar 7, 2011 12:35 PM

“Ochocinco has said in the past that he’d like to box in the offseason, and he said this weekend that he’d like to fight UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.”

That made me laugh. Anderson Silva is one of the baddest men on the planet.

21. jaggedmark says: Mar 7, 2011 12:37 PM

Says he’d beat anyone in the NFL???

Seriously, like he’d beat 6’7″ 340 Jake Long?

or better yet, get in the ring with this guy http://media.scout.com/media/image/70/709172.jpg Steve Hutchinson

What a joke

22. getweird4u says: Mar 7, 2011 12:39 PM

ok i have a new favorite player because tom is right chad talks tough but the guy REFUSES to go over the middle and take a hit,hes softer than butter and hopefully on his way out of town!

23. jaggedmark says: Mar 7, 2011 12:41 PM

I don’t doubt he could take Chad quick.

But some of the linemen in the league would treat Zbikowski like my wife treats my checkbook.

24. habsman says: Mar 7, 2011 12:55 PM

It took longer for James Harrison to knock his wife out.

25. easyeroc says: Mar 7, 2011 1:01 PM

I think he might have a hard time with Ray Edwards from the Vikings. Ray is 6’5″ and has been boxing for a couple years now. Ray’s reach might overwhelm Tommy.

26. brasho says: Mar 7, 2011 1:06 PM

jaggedmark says:
    Mar 7, 2011 12:37 PM
    Says he’d beat anyone in the NFL???

Seriously, like he’d beat 6’7″ 340 Jake Long?

What a joke
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You idiot! Only a complete sports novice would dare suggest that a guy can be a good boxer because he’s big. Effing ridiculous!

When I was in my teens I was tiny but I was also an amateur boxer. I had a couple linemen friends on the football team that outweighed me by nearly 70 lbs that I sparred with because they thought it would be funny even though they claimed they were scared to hurt me…. It was a big freaking joke! And I’m sure I probably wasn’t even half the boxer that Tom Zbikowski is. A good boxer would destroy a professional-anything in the boxing ring 100X out of 100.

27. lucky5927 says: Mar 7, 2011 1:07 PM

People would pay to see that. No seriously, people would pay Zbikowski a ton of money to shut Ocho-Cinco up for even 5 seconds.

28. brasho says: Mar 7, 2011 1:08 PM

I think Ochocinco could definitely last longer than 45 seconds, especially if Chad had time to train. 45 seconds goes by soooo fast in the ring, and I’m sure if Chad trained he would use his legs and try to run and stay away. I would think if all he wanted to do was last a round, he could probably do it… but he would most likely quit between rounds or come out and get annihilated in round 2.

29. lucky5927 says: Mar 7, 2011 1:10 PM

I bet it takes into the 2nd period, just because Chad would be dancing around the ring like Apollo Creed before the Russian (i.e. Zbikowski) would take him out permantly.

30. hobartbaker says: Mar 7, 2011 1:17 PM

At least he could give Och 85 seconds. For the fun of it.

31. chiefdt58 says: Mar 7, 2011 1:25 PM

How great would it be if he knocked him out in 85 seconds…….or better yet, 8.5 seconds. Chad would have to crawl in a hole to avoid the post fight smack talk.

32. moochzilla says: Mar 7, 2011 1:28 PM

“Says he’d beat anyone in the NFL???

Seriously, like he’d beat 6’7″ 340 Jake Long?”

He’d chop him down like a sequoia. Thing is, unless you box you can’t match how quick their hands are. Jake Long, or any other non-boxer, would be hit 3 times before he even heard the opening bell.

And landing a punch on a guy who boxes is next to impossible.

33. marty2019 says: Mar 7, 2011 1:41 PM

It’s funny that Ochocinco said he would like to fight Anderson Silva. Personally, I think Tom Zbikowski would KO Ochocinco in about 10 seconds, and Anderson Silva would submit Tom Zbikowski in about 30 seconds.

Ochocinco would have no chance against Anderson Silva. That would be a joke.

34. jasnite says: Mar 7, 2011 1:41 PM

I for one, wish someone, anyone would just knock the hell out of Ochodumbo…..

35. oldhamletman says: Mar 7, 2011 1:52 PM

fix the CBA…. don’t care about anything else

36. anarchopurplism says: Mar 7, 2011 2:04 PM

Anybody who has spent any time throwing some jabs, hooks & cuts knows that technique/experience outrank pure size/strength. If you are a novice, you are gonna get decked.

I love how he said he’d be afraid of Ray. That is totally classic!

37. pftard says: Mar 7, 2011 2:17 PM

Ochocinco is a barking dog.., he’ll yap, yap, yap away hiding behind his twitter or other medias, but he doesn’t have the cajones to stand up to it.

Ochocinco should stick to the sideshow carnival barking, as it’s what he does best.

38. jutts says: Mar 7, 2011 2:38 PM

I’ve never paid for a pay -per- view fight, but, I’d pay to see that.

39. vetdana says: Mar 7, 2011 2:45 PM

I would think if all he wanted to do was last a round, he could probably do it… but he would most likely quit between rounds or come out and get annihilated in round 2… Really?…Or would it go like this …rd # 1..[5 sec.].left jab,left jab] dance….[10 sec] left,right,left combo and…3 step dance [15 sec.].left,right,left,right combo,right upper cut and….. lights out !!

40. minnesotablizzard says: Mar 7, 2011 4:05 PM

“Zbikowski said he’d beat any active NFL player in a boxing match” I’d bet money on Ray Edwards.

41. khmer379 says: Mar 7, 2011 4:11 PM

Maybe shiancoe n aron rodgers shld get in the ring together

42. espnfeedback says: Mar 7, 2011 6:41 PM

So let me get this straight; ‘Certain people’ who by any analysis have underachieved in their chosen profession(Zbikoski) can call out someone who has overachieved and become a multiple year pro bowl player(Chad Johnson) through hard work and consistency in their career…Yet the underachiever is lauded and supported?

On the other hand if you think about it, boxing is where the term ‘Great White Hope’ emanates.

43. brasho says: Mar 7, 2011 7:38 PM

vetdana says:
    Mar 7, 2011 2:45 PM

++++++++++++++

Why you want to completely prove you know nothing about boxing? Throwing a right uppercut right after a left-right combo (I assume you mean a jab straight right combo) is stupid and a person’s body would not be in ideal position to do so. You’re an idiot, save your comments for the European Football Post because you don’t know dick about boxing and it is doubtful you’re much smarter with American football.

BTW, there are usually no punches thrown in the first 5 seconds of a fight… you have 3 being thrown… watch a fight, d-bag.

44. pr3zths says: Mar 8, 2011 5:30 AM

Stop it. I read two comments and I wanted to slap everybody who posted something. First off, NO he wouldn’t knock LeBron out, let alone in the 1st round. Let’s be real.