Earlier today, Adam Schefter of ESPN quoted an unnamed NFLPA* source who said there’s “no chance” additional negotiations will continue between the league and the players before the April 6 hearing on the motion for preliminary injunction, aimed at lifting the lockout.
Even earlier in the day, Cardinals kicker Jay Feely, who directly participated in the negotiations, said that talks can continue.
“I don’t know the exact legal ramifications for how and when we would have to negotiate and continue to negotiate, we’re always willing to negotiate so, we have no desire to be stagnant in a litigation system and our desire is to play football,” Feely said.
So who’s really calling the shots? The players, or the unnamed source who sufficiently persuaded Schefter to put his own reputation on the line by declaring that there will be no talks for the next three weeks, after nearly three weeks of continuous discussions?