Fire causes “extensive damage” at Antwan Odom’s home

Antwan Odom

Early Tuesday, a home owned Bengals defensive end Antwan Odom suffered “extensive damage” in a fire, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Per the report, Odom and his family were not in the house when the fire started at approximately 2:40 a.m. ET.  “Heavy flames” were coming from the roof when firefighters arrived.

The four-bedroom home has an appraised value of $1.1 million.

Permalink 32 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
32 Responses to “Fire causes “extensive damage” at Antwan Odom’s home”
  1. pooflingingmonkey says: Mar 15, 2011 8:54 AM

Well, some steroids are flammable. For example: Petrolabaline,

2. blindofficial says: Mar 15, 2011 8:56 AM

I guess some Bengals fans took a wrong turn looking for Carson Palmer’s place. Glad nobody was hurt.

3. aschwartz2011 says: Mar 15, 2011 8:58 AM

It’s an ownership conspiracy to get him to cave.

I figure if everything else can be turned into a CBA issue this can too.

4. carson9 says: Mar 15, 2011 9:03 AM

Praying his family is ok.

5. toe4 says: Mar 15, 2011 9:06 AM

That’s horrible man I hope they kept most of their pictures at their other home.

Having said that… you spent $1m on a house with 4 bedrooms. I life 40 miles north of you and spent $180k on a house with 4 bedrooms.

And I’m supposed to feel sympathy for the lockout?

6. packattack1967 says: Mar 15, 2011 9:07 AM

Mike Brown just sent him some marshmallows.

7. idolized1 says: Mar 15, 2011 9:08 AM

I blame Goodell.

8. cup1981 says: Mar 15, 2011 9:09 AM

I am still trying to picture a 1.1 million dollar home with only 4 bedrooms…

9. warmachine2112 says: Mar 15, 2011 9:12 AM

Glad Odom and his family weren’t hurt.

10. 305hurricane says: Mar 15, 2011 9:15 AM

Jokes aside…guys got kids…glad they are safe. You wouldn’t be telling cab jokes if the headline read antwon doom and family burned alive in family home.

11. lhaveprettyfeet says: Mar 15, 2011 9:25 AM

4 game suspension from Goodell.

Glad everyone is safe.

12. PurpleRaid18 says: Mar 15, 2011 9:26 AM

Looks like the NFL and Ownership are taking this fight against the players to the streets…

Seriously though… glad he and his family are unharmed.

13. toe4 says: Mar 15, 2011 9:28 AM

305hurricane says:
    Mar 15, 2011 9:15 AM

****************

Of course we wouldn’t. But everyone is safe so Game On!

14. bengalsown says: Mar 15, 2011 9:30 AM

It’s a former homearama home sitting on an extremely nice golf course and it’s nearly 6000 square feet.

A giant house doesn’t need to have 12 bedrooms. What’s the point of having more bedrooms than you need?

15. sowhatisaidit says: Mar 15, 2011 9:33 AM

its called his 4 rooms are twice the size of your 4… and possibly has a lot more square feet

16. bonniebengal says: Mar 15, 2011 9:33 AM

Glad the family is safe.

17. bengalsown says: Mar 15, 2011 9:33 AM

LOL @ toe4 for trying to compare his $180k 2000 square foot house located in the Dayton area to Odom’s 6000 square foot custom built homearama home on a golf course in Mason.

Absolutely hilarious.

18. bengalsown says: Mar 15, 2011 9:44 AM

Yeah, to hell with the immaculate pool, the sauna, the 700 square foot closet for his wife, the 12′ ceilings throughout, the ornate woodwork, the whole house audio, the home automation, the lighting fixtures, the landscaping, the four car garage, the basement with a bar most restaurants would die for, the fact that the smallest bedroom is 400 sq. ft., the fact that each bedroom has its own bathroom, the ornate ceilings, etc.

A house isn’t worth paying a ton of money for unless it has 16 bedrooms to house your family of four.

Good logic.

This home in California would be $7mil.

______________________________
    cup1981 says: Mar 15, 2011 9:09 AM

I am still trying to picture a 1.1 million dollar home with only 4 bedrooms…

19. charly0418 says: Mar 15, 2011 9:44 AM

Someone just lost some leverage in the CBA negotiations

20. toe4 says: Mar 15, 2011 9:57 AM

bengalsown,

I hadn’t realized there were Bengals homers. How brave of you.

My point is that he spent $1m on a home. Its a waste of money. Players want me to feel sympathy for them when moderately talented players have $1m to blow on a house.

Oh and by the way… my 2000 square foot home in the Dayton area is still standing.

21. bengalsown says: Mar 15, 2011 10:15 AM

Yeah, such a waste of money. How dare someone in America spend 13% of their annual salary on house. Such a waste!

The average American spends 28% of their annual salary on housing, btw.

22. toe4 says: Mar 15, 2011 10:46 AM

Homer you are proving my point.

$1m is the entire cost of the home and is only 13% of his income.

American’s spend 28% of their salary on the annual cost of a home, not the entire cost of the home.

He has $1m to spend on a home when a quarter of that is still a fantastic home. And yet the players want to pretend as if it isn’t millionaires v billionaires.

He has so much money that he can spend a million dollars on one thing and I’m supposed to sympathize with the players for being locked out without health insurance.

As if they can’t afford aflac.

23. readysethike says: Mar 15, 2011 10:47 AM

Hey toe4 you sound stupid, just let it go and move on

24. bengalsown says: Mar 15, 2011 11:01 AM

I screwed up my math, big time.

His $30mil contract over 5 years averages out to $6mil per season.

$500,000 per month.

House payment is probably $7000 at the most.

Sounds like the guys smart with his money to me.

25. bengalsown says: Mar 15, 2011 11:02 AM

He spends 1.3% of his annual salary on housing.

26. toe4 says: Mar 15, 2011 11:37 AM

readysethike says:
    Mar 15, 2011 10:47 AM
    Hey toe4 you sound stupid, just let it go and move on

************

Yeah, I think you are right. All this anger at the players and owners and nowhere to vent it has fogged my head and has me lashing out at dumb stuff.

Sorry all.

27. bucngator says: Mar 15, 2011 11:37 AM

Not in the house at 2:40AM?? Wonder if arson investivators are trying to find a cause……..

Not saying it happened this way, but it’s possible the cause of the fire IS the lockout…..

1.1 mil will carry you a long way through the work stoppage……..

28. toe4 says: Mar 15, 2011 11:38 AM

Hey that is what Mark Sanchez needed… a buddy to tell him when he’s making bad decisions.

29. stilllovemybungles says: Mar 15, 2011 11:39 AM

Maybe he could buy Palmers place. Then invite Kevin Kolb to move in with him!

30. realitypolice says: Mar 15, 2011 11:40 AM

I am so sick and tired of getting my posts pulled when there seems to be no rhyme or reason.

My last post may have been a little snarky, but there was no profanity or mention of anyone by name.

Maybe you could post an article here laying out what is and is not going to be censored.

I know for a fact that I am not the only one struggling with this.

31. theshakeweight says: Mar 15, 2011 12:05 PM

I did not know he was married to Lisa “Left Eye” Lopez….

32. radrntn says: Mar 15, 2011 12:11 PM

hopefully your unemployment check will help pay for the damages