You asked for it, you got it: PFT on the Android

When NBC launched the “Sports Talk” app on the iPhone and iPad, an army of Android users wondered when we would fully join the 21st Century.

We now have.

The NBC Sports Talk app is available for your favorite Android device, free of charge and chock full of PFT content.

The app also includes the other NBC Sports destinations, including CFT, HBT, PBT, PHT, PGT, ITI, XYZ, and PDQ.

OK, a couple of those are made up.  You may have to download the app to figure it out.

43 responses to “You asked for it, you got it: PFT on the Android

1. Considering Android has the market share over the iPhone in the US, I think it’s a good idea that you guys got on the ball.

2. Mike,

Has PFT ever thought about letting users sign up for breaking news texts? I thought that’d be pretty cool to get texts from you guys since you tend to get a lot of stories first.

3. drexelvol says:
    Mar 15, 2011 4:24 PM
    _______________________________
    Agreed, the android platform has the usage, but considering the amount of iPhones/iPods/iPads out there, and the fact that the Apple App store has 10 billion downloads vs. 1 billion from the Android Market, getting it available in the app store first was a good choice. Many people have android phones that will never download an app (got the free android with a new contract). The average iPhone user has 40+ apps. Don’t want to get in the old iPhone vs. Android BS, just saying it was a good call going IOS first

4. Can we have it on Windows Phone too? 😀 Not sure what the difference between having the app and just viewing it in my browser would be, but I’d download it to find out!

5. stumpzzz says: Mar 15, 2011 6:05 PM

“Where do I find the link?”

Android Market > search for NBC Sports Talk.

Once installed though, it shows up under Apps as just “Sports Talk”

6. It does work outside usa… And quite well might I add…any chance we can get a pft specific widget??

7. 3octaveFart says:
    Mar 15, 2011 5:05 PM
    rockinron2 says: Mar 15, 2011 4:29 PM

“So when is the Windows Mobile app coming?”

Who would knowingly buy a Windows phone?
    ———————————————-

You’re obviously a moron who knows nothing about phone’s or mobile development. The WP7 is a solid device.

Blindly ripping on Microsoft doesn’t make you cool or sound anymore knowledgeable about mobile platforms.

If PFT wanted to save some money they could have just used jQuery Mobile, which is cross platform.

8. Thanks for supporting the educated phone buyers!! Yes, i hate steve jobs and his margins that suckers fall for.

9. It’s about time! I was getting tired of going to FOX’s “Pro Football” app and then coming to PFT on my browser. App looks great and is organized perfectly. AWESOME job!

G2 + PFT = FTW!

10. drexelvol says:
    Mar 15, 2011 4:24 PM

11. drexelvol says:
    Mar 15, 2011 4:24 PM
    “—-That’s ridiculous. Apple is selling 10 million+ phones a QUARTER. Don’t tell us about market share.”

Yeah maybe, but Droids actually work when you hold them in your hand.

12. It’s certainly faster than using the browser, but why no thumbs up/down in the comments? One of my favorite things about this place is thumbing down the vast amounts of stupid comments.

Also, ad-supported? C’mon, man…

13. drexelvol says:
    Mar 15, 2011 4:24 PM

Yeah maybe, but Droids actually work when you hold them in your hand.

Jack wit ask any iPhone owner if his phone works… All phone lose reception when you cover it. Droid = fisher price phone

14. Broncobeta says:

——————————-

And you apparently don’t understand the difference between nouns’ plural and possessive forms. Moron, indeed.

15. Petergriffen says:

—————

LOL. Made a crappy morning better with that last comment.

16. sdw2001 says:
    Mar 16, 2011 7:55 AM
    Broncobeta says:

——————————-

———————————————-

I’m sorry I made one typo that I couldn’t fix due to a lack of an edit feature. You must be a damn genius for pointing it out. Please provide your email for any future revisions I can send your way.

17. What’s the point of having an app? My Droid 2 browses this site using Dolphin browser in it’s native state.

Works just like I’m looking at it on the computer.

Why the excitement?