Eagles fans rated as worst in America

Houston Texans v Philadelphia Eagles Getty Images

This one comes from our “stuff we’re writing about in an attempt to find anything not related to the lockout” department: A new ranking of the worst sports fans in America ranks Philadelphia Eagles fans at the top of the list, which is to say the bottom of the barrel.

Specifically, GQ says Philadelphia Eagles and Phillies fans are tied for the worst.

As the Philadelphia Daily News notes, GQ‘s rankings are highly subjective, and they trot out the tired old stories you’ve already heard, about how Philly fans booed Santa Claus, and how Michael Irvin was treated to a profane barrage as he was carted off the field with a career-ending neck injury.

Florio will be thrilled to know that after Philly fans, the next-worst fan base belongs to the West Virginia Mountaineers. Raiders fans come in fourth.

Permalink 84 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
84 Responses to “Eagles fans rated as worst in America”
  1. dawkinseffect says: Mar 18, 2011 8:35 AM

2. oldbyrd says: Mar 18, 2011 8:40 AM

What an HONOR. I can’t believe we finally won something. We also have the best Cheese Steaks.

3. jbl429 says: Mar 18, 2011 8:41 AM

Yep, sounds about right.

4. johnabis says: Mar 18, 2011 8:42 AM

They gave Donovan McNabb a standing ovation when he returned… if they are as bad as this article says then they should have thrown batteries and beer bottles at him instead.

5. joetoronto says: Mar 18, 2011 8:44 AM

Does “worst” mean most passionate?

6. angrycorgi says: Mar 18, 2011 8:44 AM

Wanna draw a logical parallel?? Go do a poll of “most inebriated fans” in America. The iggles win that one too!

7. kingjoe1 says: Mar 18, 2011 8:48 AM

…fans who attend games. For the Eagles and Phillies 10% of the fans cause 90% of the problems. These are the fans who live in places like South Philly, Overbrook and the North East sections of the city. Typically it is because most have little else in their life besides the Eagles and their union halls.

The majority hard working fans are fine upstanding people.

8. joepags says: Mar 18, 2011 8:48 AM

you got to be kidding me, really? santa, really?? again with something that happened 60 years ago
    booing, a drunk guy they pulled out of the crowd because the santa they hired didnt show up. Media is just lazy, and does not research anything. GQ is their source??? really? the worst baseball fans are in LA, where the gang members sneak weapons into the ballpark during the postseason, but you dont hear about that.

9. imongo says: Mar 18, 2011 8:49 AM

Love the Sammy’s Philly, you do what you want.

10. 8man says: Mar 18, 2011 8:52 AM

I dunno. I went to a Phillies game last August wearing Orioles orange and everyone was nice to me.

Greg Luzinski even signed a baseball card for me. Great ball park, by the way.

11. mataug says: Mar 18, 2011 8:53 AM

GQ ? seriously ?

12. zeagles4 says: Mar 18, 2011 8:55 AM

This just means we’re more passionate and dedicated to our team

13. east96st says: Mar 18, 2011 8:55 AM

dawkinseffect says: “what a surprise we get the number 1 and 2 spot. I guess its better then being an unknown team like the Browns”

Funny you brought up the Browns. Both teams have won the same number of Super Bowls – ZERO! At least, the Browns fans can say that their old team won one after moving and none of their QBs blew chunks on the field.

14. chapnastier says: Mar 18, 2011 8:56 AM

Is this is a surprise? This is a fan base that cheers for Michael Vick.

15. toe4 says: Mar 18, 2011 8:57 AM

Still not ready to move on past the lockout. The league and the players pushed a pause button and I’m stuck on angry.

They don’t get to move forward and have us pretend as if its business as usual. It is not business as usual.

Its all lockout all the time because it is all lockout all the time. The league and the players cannot pretend it isn’t.

16. bluvayner says: Mar 18, 2011 9:01 AM

As someone who has traveled to most NFL stadiums, and as someone who attended the Patriots/Eagles Super Bowl in Jacksonville…….let me say that it is not even close. The Eagles fans are hands down, the least evolved people on the planet.

True story.

17. pspring63 says: Mar 18, 2011 9:07 AM

Unknown teams like the Browns? Try the Steagles. Now there’s an unknown team

18. FinFan68 says: Mar 18, 2011 9:07 AM

Anything using the words “worst” or “best” is highly subjective. These kinds of rankings are almost as stupid as that damned annoying Regions add on this site. It keeps coming on for no reason and is annoying as hell

19. dirtybird06 says: Mar 18, 2011 9:07 AM

Choosing Philly as the worst fans is the sexy pick.

20. brmorgen82 says: Mar 18, 2011 9:20 AM

@johnabis “They gave Donovan McNabb a standing ovation when he returned”…. The only reason the biggest fraud to EVER SET FOOT IN THE CITY OF PHILADELPHIA got any kind of ovation is because the real fans have been priced out of Eagles games by Lurie and Joe the spinmaster Banner (as well as greedy, delusional players). It’s just a bunch of corporate frauds at Eagles games now, or rich daddy, and his unhappy trophy wife and family. Really makes me sick. They’d watch Dancing with the Stars on TV over the Eagles if they could, they are just at the games because their rich friends game them free tickets. The blue collar Eagles fans of the 80′s and 90′s are no longer there, proof is in the crowd cheering for such a sellout like Donovan McNabb. But at least they cheer for Michael Vick, I’ll give those rich bums credit for that.

21. realitypolice says: Mar 18, 2011 9:21 AM

Not an Eagles fan, but I swear if I hear the “booing Santa” story one more time, I’m going to lose it.

Once again, people:

1) it happened in 19 freakin 68
    2) it was a replacement Santa Claus that weighed about 120 pounds soaking wet
    3) he was allegedly drunk
    4) his Santa suit was a piece of crap
    5) the team was 0-11
    6) did I mention it happened in 1968?

I’ve been in stadiums all over the country, and Eagles fans today are no worse than average for the NFL.

22. Bubby Brister says: Mar 18, 2011 9:24 AM

How could they leave out the Flyers?

23. 706vet says: Mar 18, 2011 9:25 AM

I can only assume that the creator of the list never attended a Phillies game.

24. eagleaniac says: Mar 18, 2011 9:25 AM

Same old story/stereotype might as well pencil us in for life. Somebody in the media trots that storyline out at least once a year.

25. demo3356 says: Mar 18, 2011 9:26 AM

Was there really ever any doubt that the battery chucking, mouth breathing, mullet, wearing, Iroc Driving, Santa Booing fans in Philly would win this honor in EVERY single sport..Stay Classy Philly!

26. rmm1984 says: Mar 18, 2011 9:26 AM

I won’t speak on Philly fans as I’ve only heard the normal stories but I can say that WVU fans deserve their spot for sure.

27. boysroll says: Mar 18, 2011 9:29 AM

The org chokes yr to yr which is why the fan base is so bitter. Congrats you bunch of slimy losers!!!!

28. Tim says: Mar 18, 2011 9:34 AM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

29. joshuavkidd says: Mar 18, 2011 9:37 AM

yep, April 13th 2009 someone is stabbed at a Dodger game yet we continue to talk about snowballs at a drunk santa… amazing!

30. We'reFineThere says: Mar 18, 2011 9:38 AM

Eagles? Whatever. I’m more insulted about the Phillies part. There are a lot of hot girls at the Phillies games.

31. seabreezes51 says: Mar 18, 2011 9:41 AM

I tailgate at the Linc. I’ve NEVER seen a mob slashing at each other with knives.
    I did see that at a Cowboys game two years ago.
    In Dallas

32. oranjellojones says: Mar 18, 2011 9:49 AM

@brmorgen82

Ok I’ll play…

What exactly did DM do to become a sellout when he was TRADED (evidently against his wishes)?

33. zappa69 says: Mar 18, 2011 9:49 AM

Let me start by saying I am a huge Vikes fan and I travel to two away games every year to see them. I disagree that Eagle fans are the worst. I’ve been to every stadium more than once and while the eagle fans are loud I have never had a problem at their stadium. My first time at the stadium (Cunningham Eagle QB) my wife and I in full Vikings colors had endzone seats, top row. My wife takes her mittens off and sets them on the wall behind us, of course they blow off. Freezing cold and no gloves. Before I could give her mine a man a few rows down ran up and gave her his extra pair. I thanked him by buying him a beer. For the rest of the game the whole section took us in as football fans and purchased our beers for the rest of the game. Another group even shared their vodka and green jello with us. I will always think highly of these “awful fans”.

ps. I have never had a good experience with Steeler fans, they get my vote as “meanest” even when they win.

34. kotapug says: Mar 18, 2011 9:55 AM

Didnt you losers have a jail in the stadium? That sums it up FIRST class !! Would not expect anything else out of that town.

35. deadmanwalking47 says: Mar 18, 2011 10:19 AM

i do not think this is fair!eagles fans are’nt the worst fans alone!to complete the statement,philies,76ers,and fans of any sports team in philadelphia should be in there with the eagles loser fans!of course mike vick found a new home there.as bad as he is,he’s 100 levels above the class than all philly sportsfans have!

36. drexelvol says: Mar 18, 2011 10:20 AM

Eagles fans, yeah, no doubt about it. But Phillies? Myeah, I don’t know about that.

37. steelersmichele says: Mar 18, 2011 10:22 AM

Being a Steelers fan in Baltimore, I must say that 95% of the Ravens fans I come across are nice. The other 5% are drunken idiots. I have been to plenty of games in Pittsburgh and I must say 95% of Steelers fans are nice–and the other 5% are drunken idiots. Maybe Philly won this contest becuase 6% of their fans are drunken idiots.

38. MichaelEdits says: Mar 18, 2011 10:24 AM

It means they want a #WINNER and there’s nothing wrong with that. Apathetic fans shouldn’t even bother.

39. cryptker says: Mar 18, 2011 10:31 AM

If you don`t know a true eagles fan then shut up,Because you truly have no idea what you are talking about!

40. ravens695 says: Mar 18, 2011 10:34 AM

Brmorgen, your comment is the perfect example of why philly fans were voted the worst in america…mcnabb was part of the most successful period in eagles and did things like raise millions of dollars to open a hospital wing, but since he didn’t tell the most insecure fan base in america every minute how much he loved them you treat him like hes a felon,but yet you worship actual felons like vick and iverson because they “get” philadelphia.

41. flyinhighwithvick says: Mar 18, 2011 10:45 AM

Every year some poll comes out, and every year Philly fans are ranked the worst, and every year we’re supposed to be surprised. Nobody cares. I guess there’s nothing else to talk about. We know about the jail in the basement, we know about booing Santa Claus, it’s old news.

Newsflash: We are the worst fans in the country, we enjoy being the worst fans in the country, and we don’t care what anybody else thinks. We will continue to do what we do, so everyone else has someone to point their finger at, and so the losers who write these articles on this site have something to whine about.

GET OVER IT!

42. lovedabirds says: Mar 18, 2011 10:49 AM

The very first time Vick was brought onto the field in 09 at a pre-season game & he got a standing ovation, I lost all respect for my fellow Eagle fans.

Any fans that would give someone as evil as a Mike Vick a standing ovation & to continue to support him & grow his legend are the worst fans that exist.

I am ashamed to be a Eagle fan many times when I see the behavior of our fans.

43. Al Davis says: Mar 18, 2011 10:50 AM

It says worst, not least. Or else Jacksonville would get it but there 3 fans are very passionate

44. songbre says: Mar 18, 2011 10:59 AM

Wow, we seem to be the talk of the town EVERY year from alot of ignorant people around the country, people who have NEVER been to an Eagles game just fall in line with the media talk like good little soldiers. No prob, it all comes with the territory BUT for those of you who have never been to an Eagles/Phillies or ANY Philadelphia team game in person, What are you basing your view on ?!? Exactly as I thought … Nothing …

45. songbre says: Mar 18, 2011 11:09 AM

Oh, and GQ ?!!? Really ?!? That’s like getting a sports point of view from Good Housekeeping !!! Come on …

46. bhindenemylines says: Mar 18, 2011 11:33 AM

A lot of people are missing something with this one. It says “worst fans in America”, not at a game or stadium.

All you have to do is look at the message boards of the opposing team on any given Sunday (and all week actually) and see there are eagle trolls all over the place. Don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve never done that to an opposing team.

And eagle fans sure do talk a lot of smack for having not won a championship since December 26th, 1960. So yes, they get my vote too.

47. fivetwos says: Mar 18, 2011 11:36 AM

I’ve seen an NFL game in exactly 30 different cities, and college games in rougly a dozen others.

Never once have I seen anything even remotely close to the behavior of Eagles fans.

Relentlessly taunting opposing fans, then when the least bit of retaliation is shown, secuity comes and removes the opposing fans. I saw this happen repeatedly, as if security were in on it.

If any of you people were bright enough to add two and two, maybe you’d realize that throwing snow at, and spitting on opposing fans isn’t winning you many points with the football gods.

That’s why your championship trophy case is as empty as the bank accounts of you trailer-trash filth.

Now, I invite you…anyone upset with my thoughts….to finish that can of Old Milwaukee, throw the empty on that patch of dirt you call a lawn and tell me this doesn’t happen.

48. spungy says: Mar 18, 2011 11:36 AM

In Cincinnati we booed Carson Palmer every time we had to punt. And some fans even dumped trash on his lawn. At the last playoff game there were beer bottles being hurled at cops on the field.

49. mwelsh1977 says: Mar 18, 2011 11:40 AM

Here how this happens. Lazy writer with no talent or creativity is on deadline for story. He goes to the shelf and dusts off and old “Eagles worst fans in Sports” article written 10 years ago of which there are many. He changes a few words and dates and bam…deadline met by bad writer!

50. sdw2001 says: Mar 18, 2011 11:51 AM

We won! We did it! Not just the Eagles’ fans, but the Phillies’ fans too. Love it.

51. jakek2 says: Mar 18, 2011 11:52 AM

Eagles’ fans shouldn’t even be on this list. In order for you to be a fan, you have to be human.

52. raidernation666 says: Mar 18, 2011 11:53 AM

That belongs to Steeler fans

53. phillybirds says: Mar 18, 2011 11:53 AM

Worst fans as in we’ll boo people if they suck? Best fans as in we show up to games no matter how good the Eagles are doing.

54. calmdownsir says: Mar 18, 2011 11:59 AM

Any decent football fan base would WANT to be rated worst by GQ and any other lazy, cliche-ridden media. I think we will get over this somehow.

55. seanmmartin says: Mar 18, 2011 12:04 PM

And the kid knocked Maryland’s women’s basketball team hard!

What a loser.

56. rayguyreturns says: Mar 18, 2011 12:07 PM

We only rated fourth…FOURTH!!!

We’ll be back. Don’t count us out!

57. geemoney713 says: Mar 18, 2011 12:11 PM

Don’t forget about the one about the Eagles fans spitting on Clinton Portis’ mom when she went to see him play in Philly wearing her son’s jersey.

58. crumpledstiltskin says: Mar 18, 2011 12:17 PM

Id like to thank the congregation with my invitation to the gangster nation

- Philadelphia

59. songbre says: Mar 18, 2011 12:27 PM

Winning or losing … YOU ALL LOVE US !!! That’s why SOOOOO many of you brilliant sports fans take the time to come on here and post hate filled comments on an EAGLES conversation !!! Keep it coming, the forty year old snowball story, the courtroom at the stadium (which some of the stadiums i’ve visited need to implement) story, the booing (which last time i checked happens in EVERY city) story, bring it all on !!!
    And yes, our city doesn’t have the overflow of championships of some other towns but we are STILL the first thing on everyone’s mind !!! Love the PR !!!

60. songbre says: Mar 18, 2011 12:29 PM

And for all of the haters …
    “NO CHEESESTEAK FOR YOU !!!”

61. johntonioholmes says: Mar 18, 2011 12:39 PM

I’ve actually always kind of liked the Eagles, but Philly fans are awful to be around during a game. The only team that compares in terms of having violent, loudmouth fans is Cleveland. Cleveland fans are only like that with the Browns, though. They’re alright baseball fans.

New York can be pretty disgusting, too. Certain Pittsburgh fans never shut up but they usually are friendly because they aren’t bitter about their team.

62. citynative says: Mar 18, 2011 12:41 PM

Philly also has THE worst high school graduation rate of major cities in the U.S. I wonder if there is any coincidence?

63. JimmySmith says: Mar 18, 2011 12:48 PM

Actually, Philly fans were rated “meanest”, not worst. They didn’t have delusional dumbasses as a category so the Viking fans lost out once again.

64. arzcardinals says: Mar 18, 2011 12:49 PM

They are the worst.

We’ve gone to almost every stadium in the NFL.

The fans yell, “Ass Hole” over and over as you walk to the stadium…yes we had our Cardinal gear on….expected some heckling…but with a 5 year old kid with us…we thought they were a bunch of jerks.

One guy put his hands on me and started pushing me saying, “your going in the womans restroom woman.” the other fans just stood there….they are by far the worst of the bunch.

Passionate no…bunch of ***** who think that the Eagles winning has some major impact on their lives.

65. goldsteel says: Mar 18, 2011 12:52 PM

I can’t believe that Philly finally beat out New York! Who cares about GQ? All those guys are gay and have never been to a sporting event in their life if you don’t count the Mechanical Gerbil Face Off.

Am I politically incorrect? Good!!

66. ham1 says: Mar 18, 2011 1:00 PM

Come on cut Philly some slack.
    They have never won a superbowl, and never will. They deserve to be the worst. I mean why not? What do they have to hang their constant yammering on? A bunch of excuses and near misses………

67. hobartbaker says: Mar 18, 2011 1:01 PM

“Better dead than playing in Philadephia”.

W.C. Fields knew that years ago, and he dressed like a bum.

68. ticewasbetter says: Mar 18, 2011 1:21 PM

And the Vikings as the most hated.

And the Packers as the most pompus.

69. songbre says: Mar 18, 2011 1:25 PM

@citynative – come on dude … more than half of the people you are speaking of can’t afford the price of a ticket to get into some of the events being spoken of. The “in stadium” fan base is represented by corporations, half of which aren’t even from Philly! You’re hitting below the belt with that one. And let me guess, you’re city was #1 with the high school graduation rate, right ?!?

70. bigbluefan1 says: Mar 18, 2011 1:26 PM

People in Philly can not even spell GQ

I have never been to the Stick or the vet
    I do have the displeasure of seeing dirt bag egal fans once a year that the Meadowlands

At least now the Egals have a trophy that they are the best at something

Want to shut an egal fan up ask how they are the only team in the NFC East with no SB wins

71. tombrookshire says: Mar 18, 2011 1:34 PM

Drunken fans from port richmond section beat a phillies fan to death last season. it’s not the section of the city as much as a working class background, their age, these guys are 20s and 30s, combined with too little thinking, “herd mentality” and brains that are too frequently pickled in alcohol to be reasonable. You find the same crap in cleveland, cincinnati, chicago, detroit, oakland, and other working class bastions. It’s not even a matter of not having money, because they can afford the thousands of dollars that it costs to go to the game and then act like animals. philly is just singled out by the national media because of the santa claus thing, and michael irvin being booed, etc. but it goes on all over in the rust belt. amongst more sophisticated people, the behavior happens less, like in dallas, tampa, miami, st. louis, but it still happens. and it doesn’t excuse idiotic behavior, maybe just helps to explain it. eagles should reinstate the stadium courtroom and jail cell.

72. turk2875 says: Mar 18, 2011 1:55 PM

Being a Philly fan we are nowhere near as bad as we were back in the Vet days, now its pretty damn quiet during games and we cheer only on 3rd downs and Touchdowns. We still may be passionate but not as load and hectic as before.

73. shaggytoodle says: Mar 18, 2011 2:01 PM

they also got the donkeys on the roster to go with it like Mr. Vick and desean jackson

74. jdsmithd54 says: Mar 18, 2011 3:17 PM

If they included college fans in this study the eagles would be waaaaay behind LSU fans… If you don’t believe me try Baton Rouge on a Sat. night SEC game!

75. granadafan says: Mar 18, 2011 3:26 PM

You stay classy Philadelphia. Instead of looking into yourselves why you’re so rude and crude, you applaud this dubious award? No wonder society is falling apart in the US.

76. sdw2001 says: Mar 18, 2011 4:07 PM

granadafan says:
    Mar 18, 2011 3:26 PM

—Question: Have you ever been to Philly? Ever been to a game?

77. sdw2001 says: Mar 18, 2011 4:09 PM

bigbluefan1 says:
    Mar 18, 2011 1:26 PM
    People in Philly can not even spell GQ

I have never been to the Stick or the vet

At least now the Egals have a trophy that they are the best at something

—So you’ve never been to a game here and you think you can judge our fans? Now, NY..that’s a CLASSY town! By the way, I like Eli. I’ve always supported transgendered people.

78. sdw2001 says: Mar 18, 2011 4:11 PM

arzcardinals says:
    Mar 18, 2011 12:49 PM
    They are the worst.

We’ve gone to almost every stadium in the NFL.

Loved how the same season we kicked their ass in our stadium to go to the Super Bowl.\

–Right, I’m sure you did NOTHING to provoke anything. And by the way, don’t come to the Linc with another jersey on, you classless d**che.

79. zeussuperman says: Mar 18, 2011 4:24 PM

This is great, whenever there is an Eagles post about a hundred people come over here to bash us.

Every good story has villains, and the NFL is the best story going on for most true fans of the sport. That’s why Philly must burn you all up, since you’re taking time to post about it here. Thanks for caring, chumps!

The thing you don’t get is, that when a greasy Jersey Shore Guido from New York, a S***kicker from Dallas or a guy who cheers the most racist team in the league in D.C. — your opinions don’t count. But please, keep on posting.

We might not be first in your hearts, but we’re obviously the first thing on your mind. And the best part is? You’re not even a second thought to us.

80. rajbais says: Mar 18, 2011 4:48 PM

I wonder how wide the poll’s scoring margin is between the Oakland Raiders and Philadelphia Phillies and Eagles.

The reason is that the Eagles, Phillies, and West Virginia Mountaineers have had more recent winning traditions.

I actually give kudos to the “nasty” fans because they make the venue lively and truly care about their teams winning.

I just went to a Bulls game last week and only 1/3 of fans sitting in front of the basket during the Hornets’ free throw shooting actually booed genuinely!

Quiet people who fill seats aren’t fans; they’re just chair-filling lapdogs. They’re even bigger lapdogs when the Bulls are not worth watching as lottery bound losers.

People like Bulls’ fans need to be thrown out and be placed at a golf course!!! Eagles fans are always welcome to my building!!!

81. sixaspadz says: Mar 23, 2011 8:28 AM

I’m tired of everyone saying Phily fans are the most horrible fans out there…Here’s a new city, how about the Northern part of Ohio fan base? Seriously, Phily go ahead and boo Santa and wasn’t that like 15 years ago? Remember Browns stadium was the venue where game play was stopped during “The Drive” because Browns fans were throwing Dawg Bones and Batteries at Elway! Or beer bottles on the field after the ref’s blew a call that gave the Bills a win. Let’s go a little further South to “The Shoe”. Have you ever been there…??? Try to go there wearing anything close to resembling the colors of yellow/blue on Michigan week. ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHT THOUSAND PLUS fans going absolutly insane after THE Ohio State University Buckeyes put a stomping on the team up north. Imagine that.

82. axespray says: Mar 25, 2011 12:27 AM

Fanbases more loyal than boston patriot fans:

-Packers/Bears/Lions/Raiders/Steelers/Browns/Eagles/Giants/Jets/dolphins/Ravens/cowboys/redskins/chiefs/broncos/bengals/bills/etc.

83. bf53 says: Mar 25, 2011 2:08 PM

You guys are hilarious.

Go birds.

84. djdawkins36 says: Mar 27, 2011 1:30 AM

Ok thats it!! I’ve had it. I dare anyone to email, question me that believes Eagles fans are “just like anyone else”. I’m a long time Eagle fan, and I can bring up stuff off the top of my head that Eagles fans do that no other fan bases do. I am also NOT gonna use popular things. Here’s a couple of mild ones that DIDN’T make the news.
    – Philadelphia Fans Completely Riot the city after the Phillies Game. Youtube Philly riots
    (They flipped multiple cars, broke into stores, looted stores, climbed and destroyed traffic lights, and destroyed signs.)

- Philly fans boo Snooki and Sarah Palin (well these are understandable)

- Do you remember that game when Donovan got benched against the Ravens? Then he played the Cardinals and crushed em? After being up 21-0 in a amazing performance by Donovan, the crowd boos McNabb after one bad throw. (The commentators laughed about this)

-Philadelphia fans attack Clinton Portis’s mom in 2005.

-Philadelphia openly boos there quarterback McMahon when he comes out to the field against season finale against Redskins in 2005.

-Eagles fans egg Washington Redskins bus in 2008.

While Eagles fans did show class to McNabb, they did also boo him right after. (A grand show of respect, yet now your on the other team.)

These are all on the top of my head, honestly, Eagles fans are the best. And all you other Eagles fans with the same old “No, we’re nice fans”…just quit it. First of all, they will never listen or believe you. Second of all, the “we’re just like any other fans” bs is actually false. Eagles fans DONT just randomly have a jail for no reason. We’ll show class when we FEEL like it, and show our rowdiness when we FEEL like it. Why do you guys care what the outside world thinks? We do it, the way WE want to do it.