Bryan McCann denies he was intoxicated

H.B. Blades, Bryan McCann AP

Cowboys cornerback Bryan McCann has issued a statement regarding his Saturday arrest on charges of public intoxication.

“To my family, friends, coaches, teammates, and all Dallas Cowboy & SMU fans, my good name and reputation mean everything to me,” the statement reads.  “I have never been arrested before and take pride in conducting myself at all times in a responsible and respectful manner off the football field. I was not intoxicated and did not pose a danger to myself or others.”

Per the earlier reports, McCann was arrested and taken into a Dallas detox center at 3:00 a.m. on Saturday morning and released eight hours later. There have been no details released about what led to McCann’s arrest, but the charge does require officers to consider the intoxicated party to be a danger to themselves or others.

McCann’s statement wound up with a promise to fight the charges.

“I am very grateful that, due to the Constitution and Americans’ strong and enduring belief in due process, I am presumed innocent of this public intoxication charge because I am innocent.  I look forward to vigorously defending myself in a court of law.  I thank you for your continued support.”

Permalink 25 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Police Blotter, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
25 Responses to “Bryan McCann denies he was intoxicated”
  1. jc1958cool says: Mar 20, 2011 10:44 AM

slurrr, i wasn’t intoxicated, slurrr their trying to frame me slurrrr !!!

2. iknowfootballandyoudont says: Mar 20, 2011 10:51 AM

“I am very grateful that, due to the Constitution and Americans’ strong and enduring belief in due process, I am presumed innocent of this public intoxication charge because I am innocent. I look forward to vigorously defending myself in a court of law. I thank you for your continued support.”

*****************************************

Come on man!

Players don’t know how to tell the truth do they?
    Damn McCann, make a statement that at least leaves an itty bitty ounce of doubt that you didn’t have MEmaurice prepare it for you.

Mr. Goodell is gonna drop the hammer on you twice as hard now just because you can’t deny charges with your own words

3. iknowfootballandyoudont says: Mar 20, 2011 10:52 AM

McCann doesn’t even know what vigorously means

4. dempsey63 says: Mar 20, 2011 10:52 AM

Wasn’t Adam Jones assigned to babysit McCann?

5. saberstud75 says: Mar 20, 2011 10:55 AM

Of course he denies being intoxicated, and of course he is going to court to get his way. Maybe he can get a NFLPA discount on his court fees.

6. skoobyfl says: Mar 20, 2011 10:56 AM

You drink anymore Brian ?? Nah, nah, why are you buying ?

7. palinforpresidentofnorthkorea says: Mar 20, 2011 10:59 AM

It could be worse. He could be drunk and unemployed ;-)

8. jw731 says: Mar 20, 2011 11:00 AM

————————————————–
    Hell, is he running for political office or something?

9. elrushbo2 says: Mar 20, 2011 11:10 AM

If he wasn’t “intoxicated” as he claims then I guess the Dallas police department just goes around kidnapping citizens off the street for absolutely no reason? COME ON MAN!!!! I suppose it’s possible Mr.McCann doesn’t understand what the word intoxicated means. It’s also possible that he may be getting a head start on auditioning for a leadership role when the former NFLPA*. magically turns back into a players union. Curiously enough DeMoron Smith is a danger to himself and others and he’s still walking the streets.

10. flip1534 says: Mar 20, 2011 11:12 AM

Wow. His lawyer did a good job writing his statement.

11. hobartbaker says: Mar 20, 2011 11:15 AM

Yeah, Bryan, we hear that story from time to time waiting at a bus stop. From guys asking for change because they are “temporarily out of work due to government conspiracy”, even though they have “four degrees and a Congressional Medal of Honor”. Not able to catch the rest, although the guy is still ranting as you board the bus.

12. goodbyenfl says: Mar 20, 2011 11:22 AM

Well good luck fighting a PI charge in Texas, having grownup in the state, unless they have changed the law. It is at the descretion of the arresting officer. I drew one of these charges after having less than half a beer. Went to court and lost even with another officer testifying on my behalf.

13. jim5283 says: Mar 20, 2011 11:30 AM

You sheeple are amazing.

14. baronvonmonocle says: Mar 20, 2011 11:53 AM

That was actually a pretty good statement. About as good as could be expected.

15. souldogdave says: Mar 20, 2011 12:18 PM

Knowing Texas law “enforcement”, this is a frame.It will be interesting to see if they actually did any tests, or, rather, relied on the statement of the officer.

16. bhester1906 says: Mar 20, 2011 12:21 PM

Translation: “I have a damn good lawyer and I can get off.”

17. thefiesty1 says: Mar 20, 2011 12:25 PM

Sure you weren’t. That’s why you spend the night in the slammer. Didn’t he play the “don’t you know who I am” card. Never mind, they didn’t know who he is

18. Kave Krew says: Mar 20, 2011 12:51 PM

Ossifer, I’m not intoxicated, I’m just really drunk……..

19. 3octaveFart says: Mar 20, 2011 1:51 PM

“I thank you for your continued support.”

That assumes I supported you in the first place.

20. bruisedegos says: Mar 20, 2011 2:35 PM

So he’s not claiming the police put a drug or gun case on him, but a public intoxication case? Yeah, stick with your story.

21. dkeyser says: Mar 20, 2011 2:43 PM

well on the bright side at least he didnt wave a gun around

22. stoutfiles says: Mar 20, 2011 2:44 PM

Had me worried there for a second. Didn’t want to hear my fantasy baseball catcher was intoxicated!

23. marzalmighty says: Mar 20, 2011 4:07 PM

I work at a bar in a downtown area that is high in bar population/foot traffic. The police I deal with use PIs as an excuse to take people to jail without cause on a nightly basis because they do not have to administer breathalyzer tests to prove intoxication. They throw you in a drunk tank for a few hours and then throw you back on the street with a ticket. PIs are so easy to fight because arresting officers rarely show up for the court date. He’ll be fine.

24. marzalmighty says: Mar 20, 2011 4:09 PM

Oh yea, I work in downtown Fort Worth. PIs are VERY commonplace.

25. realitypolice says: Mar 20, 2011 5:49 PM

elrushbo2 says:
    Mar 20, 2011 11:10 AM
    ========================

Yes, you’re right. No police officer has ever made a mistake or an improper arrest in the history of the United States. Every person who has ever been arrested is obviously guilty, other wise why would the officer/God Like Figure have arrested them in the first place?