Dez Bryant receives criminal trespass warning for low pants

0726_dez_bryant AP

Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant, one of the most controversial figures in the 2010 draft pool, has remained completely out of trouble and on the straight and narrow during his time in the NFL.

Until now.

Though Bryant hasn’t been arrested, he recently created a stir at a mall after, yes, wearing pants that were exposing his underwear.

According to WFAA in Dallas, off-duty police officers gave Bryant a criminal trespass warning after “creating a scene” when asked to pull up his pants.

“What the [expletive] are you stopping me, like I stole something,” Bryant supposedly said. “I’m not leaving until my attorney and my representative get here.”

WFAA’s source says that the NorthPark Center has had “a history of problems” with Bryant, and that he was informed he’ll be subject to arrest if he returns to the mall within 90 days.

We’ll give Bryant the benefit of the doubt on this one.  Heck, maybe he was at the mall to buy a new belt.

Permalink 94 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
94 Responses to “Dez Bryant receives criminal trespass warning for low pants”
  1. blackshirtz says: Mar 22, 2011 10:07 PM

Que Favre …. “Pants on the ground, pants on the ground….”

Robo cop 1. Bryant 0

2. deanvernonwormer says: Mar 22, 2011 10:08 PM

Dez needs to grow up.

3. Deb says: Mar 22, 2011 10:13 PM

He wanted his lawyer and rep to come to the mall because he was “looking like a fool with his pants on the ground”?? Teeheeehee

How old is Dez Bryant? Don’t you have to be out of your teens to play in the NFL?? :lol:

4. ampatsisahypocrite says: Mar 22, 2011 10:14 PM

I second that “pants on the ground.”

5. 7pints says: Mar 22, 2011 10:17 PM

Sorry Dallas. I know he seemed like a steal where you got him, but… tick, tick, tick, tick, KABOOM!!! It’s only a matter of time.

6. skoobyfl says: Mar 22, 2011 10:20 PM

My Dad + Alcohol + Hooters = Mall Ban.

7. mick730 says: Mar 22, 2011 10:22 PM

Yes indeed, yet another example of why the owners don’t consider these clowns their “partners”.

He’s waiting for his lawyer and his “representative” before he’ll pull his pants up? Is the “representative” his fashion consultant, or just another member of his posse? What an ass clown.

8. voxveritass says: Mar 22, 2011 10:22 PM

He had a crack problem.

9. drgreenstreak says: Mar 22, 2011 10:24 PM

Cruisin’ the mall is just a modern version of cruisin’ the drag or gut.
    Dez is still a kid. Probably saw Marty B there.

Uptight hypocrites, some of whom are season ticket holders also shop that mall and afraid for their daughters. They don’t know a gangsta from a spoiled pro athlete.

Off-duty cops are never off duty. They are better than you and me and Dez.

10. huskersrock1 says: Mar 22, 2011 10:25 PM

I feel sorry for his representative.

“We mearly asked Mr. Bryant to pull up his pants.”

11. hobartbaker says: Mar 22, 2011 10:25 PM

Criminal Asscrack warning.

Dez ain’t moving until his Life Coach/Bail Bondsman arrives.

12. closisgood says: Mar 22, 2011 10:27 PM

Why not report what came out less than an hour later on espndallas.com?

Rush to share one side of the story but not the other, obviously its for the #views but at least be credible.

13. nyctexan says: Mar 22, 2011 10:27 PM

Grow up? How about the cops need to stop crime.

14. browns2050champs says: Mar 22, 2011 10:28 PM

anyone here think that maybe that “offduty” cop might have a little too much of a self important complex going on. im all for police officers and there jobs they gotta do, but it seams to me maybe this cop should went on his way, prob to the hair salon in said mall, to get one of those awesome uniform police hair cuts. hey officer go write some parking tickets…. ya meter maid.

15. mad55555 says: Mar 22, 2011 10:30 PM

Jesus Christ!

16. scytherius says: Mar 22, 2011 10:32 PM

Being black in public in Texas.

I’m with NWA.

17. scytherius says: Mar 22, 2011 10:35 PM

Wow. Since when did this site become populated with rednecks?

18. saintsfan1111 says: Mar 22, 2011 10:37 PM

Ok, so he may not be a criminal. However, his taste is in his arse….

19. dietrich43 says: Mar 22, 2011 10:40 PM

Maybe his mother is a seamstress.

20. lgshhi says: Mar 22, 2011 10:45 PM

I heard he pounded his fists on a table then went to a corner and stewed.

21. kingtut52 says: Mar 22, 2011 10:46 PM

My understanding of the “pants to the ground and show the underwear thing” originated in the penitentiaries. When a jailbird is “in the mood for sex” he pulls his pants down and struts across the yard advertising his intentions. Hey Dez… are you in the mood?

22. gbfanforever says: Mar 22, 2011 10:47 PM

How does that one song go…

“I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free.”

Apparently that whole freedom thing doesn’t apply to people who don’t wear their pants in a dignified matter. Seriously, a law against how you wear pants? Paging doctor Orwell…

23. hobartbaker says: Mar 22, 2011 10:47 PM

Dez banned from the mall by his own homeboys.

“Shizzit man, this ain’t 1992. Wtf with that?”.

24. nflguru12 says: Mar 22, 2011 10:47 PM

Racial profiling? Some idiot walking around with his underwear showing isnt racial. It has nothing to do with race. As Ron White says: You cant fix stupid!!

25. scudbot says: Mar 22, 2011 10:51 PM

Congrats, scytherius. “Being black in public in Texas.” Black = pants around your knees. That may be the most racist comment I’ve seen for a while.

26. Kave Krew says: Mar 22, 2011 10:53 PM

The ‘crime’ seems rather silly, but it sure gives us some good material to work with.

Some funny stuff written……thanks

27. deconjonesbitchslap says: Mar 22, 2011 11:02 PM

i hope he tells us to burn our pants. these things are itchy.

28. hobartbaker says: Mar 22, 2011 11:07 PM

Dragged before the Court of Crimes against Fashion, Dez protested that he was merely rocking a retro throwback look. for the day.

29. burntorangehorn says: Mar 22, 2011 11:11 PM

What is there to indicate that this was racism? Are you fellows saying that the policemen cared about Bryant’s race, not the fact that he was apparently sagging his pants? And if you think that’s the case, would you be surprised to know that lots of black people pass through that mall on a regular basis without such citations?

30. peanutbutter&jelly says: Mar 22, 2011 11:12 PM

he did not go to the mall to buy a new belt,

he went to the mall to buy his mom some new heels,her other heels were only 3 weeks old but the sidewalks are rough on them cheap heels.he needs to break down and buy her a good pair

31. seanx40 says: Mar 22, 2011 11:14 PM

I can see where this may seem like racial profiling. But young white men are dressing like morons too.

And I just don’t get it. If I were young and rich, I would not be wearing jeans hanging off my ass. I would be wearing nice clothes. Nice suits. Why? Women. A much higher class of women than he must be meeting dressed like a retarded 11 yr old.

32. tobiathan says: Mar 22, 2011 11:15 PM

Rednecks?

Since when is being a redneck a bad thing?

A good thing there are 225 million of us “rednecks” out here, hugging our Bibles….

…and our guns :-)

33. thefiesty1 says: Mar 22, 2011 11:15 PM

As a business owner I would never hire a young man that try’s to walk around with his pants down. Gangster want a’ be! Dumb, dumb, dumb.

34. bluvayner says: Mar 22, 2011 11:15 PM

Why is it racial? Nobody cares what color he is? Just pull up your damn pants so that your man thong and ass crack aren’t showing. Nobody wants to see it.

35. JayRock123 says: Mar 22, 2011 11:15 PM

While Dez was being issued a warning, there was a store somewhere being shoplifted…

36. footballisking says: Mar 22, 2011 11:27 PM

For the best part of the story click on the link provided and you will see that they have reported many issues with him at this mall..one of the issues was “cutting in line at the apple store”

37. Deb says: Mar 22, 2011 11:29 PM

Usually I’m the first to jump on anything that smacks of profiling and the first to jump on cops crossing the line. But I associate that waistband-below-the-undies look with kids. Assuming this was accurately reported, it’s tough for me to take seriously a grown man screaming for an attorney when asked to pull up his pants in public.

And mick730 … this behavior reflects on Dez Bryant, not on all 1700 players in the NFL, so give it a rest :roll: I’d hate to think your posts reflect on me just because I frequent PFT.

38. txhc says: Mar 22, 2011 11:39 PM

“mad55555 says:
    Mar 22, 2011 10:30 PM
    Jesus Christ!
    If this isn’t racial profiling then I don’t know what is! Seriously?!? Seriously?!? I hate the cowtreads but this is unnecessary harassment because of his skin color. This is why I am happy I do not live in that part of the country and I am white!”

Stop it. You’ve probably never even been here. You act like we have black people working in plantations down here or something. I’m sure there is more to this story than is being reported. They were probably creating some kind of disturbance or doing something they weren’t supposed to be doing. They even said they’ve had problems with him in the past. NorthPark is kind of a hoity toity place and isn’t really the place to go and act a fool. If they told him not to come back for 90 days he was probably doing something he shouldn’t have been doing. I doubt very seriously it was all over sagging pants.

39. Magic blueberry says: Mar 22, 2011 11:41 PM

Looks like racial profiling to me. Are you kidding me, criminal trespass warning for wearing his pants low?! Insane.

40. Jack Burton says: Mar 22, 2011 11:50 PM

Dez must not realize the acting mayor in Dallas pushed to have a law put in place making “sagging” a ticket-able offense.

41. machiavell says: Mar 23, 2011 12:25 AM

hes young, black, successful, the off duty police officer was probably old, white, and prejudiced.

is a police officer not a fellow citizen, why does he have any authority what so ever to go over to another person and inform them they are wearing their pants too low. it is just completely intolerant in every way. it sounds like he was just looking for a problem,

AND HOW CAN ANYONE FOR WHAT THEY WEAR BE CONSIDERED A TRESPASSER is beyond me. you can now be considered illegal for what you wear give me a ******* break

42. danderoo says: Mar 23, 2011 12:48 AM

Dez Bryant must be a criminal of the highest order to warrant this type of attention. I am curious, is it against the law to walk around with your undies showing under your pants? While the look might be odious, is it violation?

43. king7key says: Mar 23, 2011 1:06 AM

This is the reason kids missing, women being raped, and all the other nonsense going on in this world. Police more worried about dez pants than the thousands of crimes that were being committed during the time he was telling him to pull up his pants. The day dez ask me to pay for his pants i’ll tell him how to wear them. Until then if he want to look like a dumb@** thats on him.

44. play4blood says: Mar 23, 2011 1:10 AM

Pull your damn pants up, idiot.

45. mrcowpatty says: Mar 23, 2011 1:42 AM

Crackin a smile. Who fn cares. Just think if he was trying to run from the cops. He would fall on his ass in a minute. Or looking like he was riding a bull at the rodeo. Yee Haw!!

46. santolonius says: Mar 23, 2011 1:46 AM

theater of the absurd.

47. moolah954 says: Mar 23, 2011 1:54 AM

Conform to what society wants.. if the majority dose not like it then were not allowed to do it… Dez should of known that before he left his house… this is america and individuality is dead

48. trickybastard says: Mar 23, 2011 2:42 AM

Damn malls are like “modern day slavery”

49. mizzousooner says: Mar 23, 2011 2:47 AM

I guess Dez getting suspended at OSU looks a little more reasonable now. Dude is a childish wannabe, with no tact nor class. He’ll be trouble of some sort till he’s out of the league and broke.

50. hedleykow says: Mar 23, 2011 3:09 AM

One of the funniest things I ever saw was an old man harrassing a kid in a sandwich shop because, according to the old geezer, the kid’s pants were falling down.

If there was a video of that beat down of the wannabe hip hopster, it would go viral in 90 seconds flat.

This should be a lesson to white kids everywhere who aspire to be inmate fashion aficionados. Lurking in the shadows of your favorite sandwich shop, there is a grumpy old bastard who will make you pull up your pants, like it or not.

51. marcinhouston says: Mar 23, 2011 3:30 AM

I don’t want to set the precedent that cops can arrest anyone out of the blue who has loose pants. Is it an urban style that many dislike? Sure. But sometimes it can also be someone who lost weight, or got some pants as a hand-me-down from their older brother or a gift that didn’t fit perfectly, and forgot to put on a belt in the morning or thought they could get away without it because belts can be uncomfortable. Anyone who is a big guy may find this will happen now and then. You pick out a random pair of pants from your closet in the morning, they seem to fit alright so you don’t think to add a belt, but then after you get dressed the last thing you do before you go out the door is load the pockets with your wallet, keys, phone, maybe other crap like a digital camera, and the next thing you know they start riding down when you are walking around later in the day. If you want to dislike the idea of a fashion statement of loose pants thats fine, but I don’t think it is ok to hate it, and I also don’t think you can assume it is always purposeful when you see it. Regardless of what it is now, I am sure it probably started out with poorer people often sporting both looser and tighter styles periodically because they have less money to buy clothes when their weight shifts and are more likely to take hand me downs from relatives or charity and keep old clothes that don’t still fit. Slowly over time that probably evolved to looser clothes for men and tighter clothes for women becoming a style.

52. tom35mt says: Mar 23, 2011 4:41 AM

And while the cops were talking to Dez about his too low pants, a car was being stolen, a woman was being raped, a store was being robbed, and most importantly donuts were waiting to be eaten

53. scudbot says: Mar 23, 2011 4:44 AM

The plucky intern needs to learn to have less pluck and more comprehension prior to censoring comments

54. vercingetorix43 says: Mar 23, 2011 4:54 AM

Now I cant stand dudes wearing their pants like such…..
    But hello Fascism lovers…he didnt show his ass he showed his what boxer shorts? different covered ass covers? Say what you want about it…..your supporting fascism…Texas loves it!

55. hedleykow says: Mar 23, 2011 5:10 AM

@ tobiathon

Plastic Burger King swords aren’t really considered guns. But keep the faith, all evidence points in the direction that you will need plenty of it.

56. Matt-NC says: Mar 23, 2011 5:42 AM

At least he didn’t claim he had uromysitisis.

57. alewatcher says: Mar 23, 2011 5:45 AM

drgreenstreak says: Mar 22, 2011 10:24 PM

—————-

Sometimes there is no difference between a gangsta and a spoiled pro athlete. One just makes more money.

I don’t get the whole underwear showing thing, anyway. It basically makes you look like an idiot. In the 70′s, we dressed like dorks, but at least our clothes fit.

58. brasho says: Mar 23, 2011 6:01 AM

Jeff Ireland would want to know if he was advertising for the family business.

59. scudbot says: Mar 23, 2011 6:16 AM

Deep research turned up evidence of Dez using the “Look at that horse!” tactic: “Bryant, however, told ESPNDallas.com his pants were up but some of his friends’ pants were down.”

60. vetdana says: Mar 23, 2011 6:29 AM

The NFL “privledged dont stand in line for services,” they butt into the front of the line. We had this in the military and it always raised some very interesting “discussions” .

61. saberstud75 says: Mar 23, 2011 6:36 AM

Yeah…. I see why the owners don’t want to continue to over-pay these clowns.

Some players will not buy belts, no matter how much extra money they make.

62. thegonz13 says: Mar 23, 2011 6:41 AM

Paul Blart had nothing else to do that day!

63. mangoldbond says: Mar 23, 2011 6:47 AM

Lookin like a Dez with your pants on the ground

64. richkotitte says: Mar 23, 2011 7:11 AM

I guess “Mall Cop 2″ is already in works with Jamie Fox starring as Bryant and Charlie Sheen as Paul Blart’s new deputy ( who also has trouble keeping his pants on..)

65. EJ says: Mar 23, 2011 7:34 AM

Its called the “Easy Access” style.

66. flyermb says: Mar 23, 2011 7:42 AM

It says off duty officer. It was most likely an officer woriking an off duty security detail at that mall.

67. mike83ri says: Mar 23, 2011 7:43 AM

Dez is an idiot for continuing to dress like he lives in the ghetto.

The cop is an idiot for caring.

68. jc1958cool says: Mar 23, 2011 7:45 AM

what logo did he have? maybe they didn’t like the color! LOSER lmfao

69. joepags says: Mar 23, 2011 8:06 AM

i guess if thislockout doesnt end soon, dez is gonna be the one to get locked up next…..conduct policy, what conduct policy, we locked out!

70. ndallasruss says: Mar 23, 2011 8:09 AM

“drgreenstreak says:
    Mar 22, 2011 10:24 PM

They don’t know a gangsta from a spoiled pro athlete.”

Unfortunately, some of the pro athletes go to great lengths to make sure there’s no tangible difference.

71. dspyank2k11 says: Mar 23, 2011 8:11 AM

“I’m not leaving until my attorney and my representative get here.”

Dez Dez Dez… they are working to get this Lock Out thing solved.

I wonder if hes still waiting for them to arrive? :)

72. smokehouse56 says: Mar 23, 2011 8:13 AM

Well the black racists are here again. They infest this board.

73. wilddeuce03 says: Mar 23, 2011 8:13 AM

The ratings on a number of these posts have restored my faith in humanity! Glad to know that I am not the only person that can’t stand to see someone else’s butt hanging out!!!!

74. bigtrav425 says: Mar 23, 2011 8:33 AM

Come on its a freakin MALL! and you stop a guy for wearing his pants low? thats insane! no matter how bad it looks its a freakin MALL dude.leave the guy alone and let him shop.Geeeeeeeeeeeez

75. robzar says: Mar 23, 2011 8:37 AM

Dez Bryant’s new NFL PSA:

” Hey kids, just say no to crack!”

76. juancorsair says: Mar 23, 2011 8:40 AM

So a 22 year old man with a history of causing trouble at the local mall walks around it with his drawers closer to his ankles than his waist. When told to pull up his pants, he starts screaming for his lawyer and “representative”, and people call this “racial profiling”? Seriously? This is comedy gold!

77. alewatcher says: Mar 23, 2011 8:54 AM

gbfanforever says: Mar 22, 2011 10:47 PM

How does that one song go…

“I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free.”

——————-

The mall is private property – they can impose a dress code if they so choose. Pretty much any place will require shirt and shoes. Not walking around with your azz hanging out of your pants is just part of their dress code.

Apparently Dez has other issues with behaving like a normal human being when he’s at the mall. Another guy with million dollar talent and a ten-cent head.

78. bucsballer says: Mar 23, 2011 8:59 AM

This story is funny. All though I think it’s pretty dumb he got in trouble for this I also think he’s an idiot for putting up such a fuss about it

79. thedudesnotin says: Mar 23, 2011 10:22 AM

I find this story good for a laugh.

I don’t believe for a moment that the same guy who was mentored by one Deion Sanders can walk around a Dallas mall showing off his rass.

80. dgforreal says: Mar 23, 2011 10:30 AM

I can appreciate a nice sag, but if your draws are exposed then that’s a bit much.

81. burntorangehorn says: Mar 23, 2011 10:45 AM

1. No one said he received a criminal trespass warning for sagging. That’s a misleading headline. Read the story, and you’ll see that he was told to pull up his pants, refused, flipped out, was asked to leave, refused, and then was issued the warning for refusing to leave. Refusing to leave, not sagging his pants, was what reportedly amounted to criminal trespass.

82. commandercornpone says: Mar 23, 2011 11:22 AM

also, pull up yer pants, u reprobate. have some actual dignity.

83. dbick says: Mar 23, 2011 4:27 PM

who the hell cares if the dude was letting his pants sag? Im assuming most of the people that are irritated by this style, and the cop who decided to make a big deal of it, are over the age of 40.

84. stairwayto7 says: Mar 23, 2011 5:28 PM

Let the diva drama continue!

85. njgsackman says: Mar 23, 2011 7:39 PM

he should have fell down the escalator with his pants down to his knees ending his career…”f” the paperboys!

86. rapmusicmademedoit says: Mar 23, 2011 7:51 PM

i hate country music, does that mean nobody else can listen to it, NO.
    dude, drop ya draws as low as you want son. and whatever you do Dez don’t make fun of the white boyz wearing washed out black straight legged Levis, ok

87. itsmebobd says: Mar 24, 2011 3:34 AM

Pathetic mall cops, just a bunch of idiots trying to execute their “power” because they were picked on in high school. I dont think its cool to sag your pants, its pretty immature, but its also NOT A CRIME

88. granadafan says: Mar 24, 2011 5:02 PM

Some of you have reading comprehension failure. He wasn’t given a criminal trespass for wearing his pants hanging off his arse. He was given the citation for creating a DISTURBANCE after being told to dress better. Pull the pants up like a normal human being and problem solved. Act like a spoiled child with no class whatsoever and refuse to leave after being asked, then you’re going to get on the cops nerves.

89. txdispatchr says: Mar 24, 2011 11:04 PM

The question I have.. Did he cause a disturbance because he was being harrassed/stopped by security because of his pants.? Surely he was not the only one there that had his pants down where his underwear were showing. OR was it that he was the only Professional Athlete that was there. ?? It seems to me that a lot of these athletes get picked on because of who they are, or who they play for. If they act out, then take care of it.. but until then .. Leave them alone.. I have seen it from both sides — where law enforcement gets tired of dealing with smart mouthed rich kids who have gotten million dollar contracts to play football and these players who get out of hand completely because they think they can because of who they are.

90. heymansan69 says: Mar 25, 2011 9:24 PM

This is one of the stupidest fads that the blacks have initiated to show their contempt for authority. This symbolism started in the prison systems, when GAY convicts wished to make it known that they were GAY and ready to rock and roll! Anyone demonstrating this degree of stupidity, vulgarity and immaturity should be arrested for indecent exposure. There is only one reason this hasn’t happened already, and we all know what that is! Cowboys should cut Bryant and let him get a good plumbers job (if he is intelligent enough) where he’d be right at home!

91. philyeagles5 says: Mar 26, 2011 11:18 AM

92. granadafan says: Mar 26, 2011 4:37 PM

“he may be a football player, but he is a PROFESSIONAL football player. act like a professional.”
    ——————————————————————–

93. vision619 says: Mar 28, 2011 2:20 PM

@granadafan
    “He’s also an adult and should act like one. He’ll never have class despite the money he makes either.”

- – - – - – - – - -

He’s a kid. Think about it. How many kids his age do you see in the mall dressed like that? Almost all of them! Do I like it? Hell no. Should he have simply pulled his pants up and moved on? Probably (only because of who he is). If a mall security guard told you to tuck in your shirt how would you react? Would you say “yes sir” and do it right away? I know we see these guys as adults and think because they make a lot of money they should behave like they’re retired attorneys but the simple fact is they’re right out of college. They’re kids. I think he reacted just like any kid with millions would have reacted. So although he clearly could have handled the situation better, let’s hold off on accusing people of being criminals or of having no class. Everyone deserves a chance to grow up and mature.

94. cameran0804 says: Mar 28, 2011 11:22 PM

There are people getting murdered EVERY day in texas & these pigs are worried about baggie pants! WOW