Ochocinco wonders why Marvin Lewis favors Carson Palmer

ochocinco AP

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis is refraining from saying anything negative about quarterback Carson Palmer, who has said he’ll retire before he’ll play in Cincinnati again. But Lewis hasn’t refrained from saying anything negative about receiver Chad Ochocinco, most recently mocking Ochocinco for considering playing soccer during the lockout.

Some people are now wondering why Lewis seems to favor Palmer over Ochocinco. And one of those people is Ochocinco himself.

After Robert Littal of Black Sports Online chastised Lewis for publicly criticizing Ochocinco, Ochocinco himself wrote on Twitter that he agreed with Littal’s stance, re-tweeting two Black Sports Online tweets.

“Marvin Lewis won’t say anything bad about Carson Palmer, stays kissing his ass, but disses Ochocinco daily,” Ochocinco re-tweeted. “Carson Palmer has given a big F-U to Marvin Lewis, but Lewis steadily says how wonderful he is.Makes Lewis a #hypocrite.”

And the latest tiff between the two may make Ochocinco a former Bengal.

Permalink 57 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
57 Responses to “Ochocinco wonders why Marvin Lewis favors Carson Palmer”
  1. razsan says: Mar 22, 2011 3:34 PM

And Marvin Lewis is still a head coach because…….

2. thereisalwaysnextyear says: Mar 22, 2011 3:36 PM

Wow, I guess I should never be surprised by how dense Ocho is. Where should we count the ways why a coach would choose Palmer over Ocho. Wait, I can’t count that high.
    Ocho, you are a loudmouth me first guy. And that’s just to start.

3. nookers says: Mar 22, 2011 3:36 PM

This story is extremely gay.

Please NFL + Players work something out .. these posts are killing me..

Next article
    “Eli Manning runs over dog on the way to gym”

4. voxveritass says: Mar 22, 2011 3:36 PM

It doesn’t happen often, but this time Chad is right. What’s the worst thing that can happen to him? He’s no longer a Bengal? Now that’s punishment.

5. hobartbaker says: Mar 22, 2011 3:38 PM

Marv is prejudiced.

6. citizenstrange says: Mar 22, 2011 3:38 PM

Quarterbacks put wide receivers in the Pro Bowl not the other way around.

7. beerndonuts says: Mar 22, 2011 3:38 PM

I seem to recall that Lewis was more forgiving to Chad Johnson when he started to be problematic. Just give Carson time, Chad… he’ll wear down Marvin Lewis too.

8. bfridley says: Mar 22, 2011 3:39 PM

…but Ochocinco is right…

9. billsfan27 says: Mar 22, 2011 3:40 PM

If Chad does become a former Bengal, then I get the feeling that both he and Palmer are merely getting what they wished for.

10. iggles07 says: Mar 22, 2011 3:40 PM

I’m sure its because Carson Palmer is white and Chad Ochocinco is black….or at least that is what is blaitantly being insinuated….just like how the lockout equates to modern day slavery.

Is it even remotely possible to go a full week without dropping the race card people? Perhaps, just maaaaaybe, Chad has been a loudmouth malcontent to varying degrees for YEARS while Carson has been a model employee up and until this very point? Could past behavior have anything to do with how Marvin Lewis treats a particular situation? Could that possibly have anything to do with it????

11. billinva says: Mar 22, 2011 3:41 PM

Thats because he ha a tiny brain.

12. berniemadoffsides says: Mar 22, 2011 3:42 PM

Welcome to the Redskins, Chad…

13. thetooloftools says: Mar 22, 2011 3:42 PM

Chad Johnson is just a self grandizing ego trip.
    Palmer can help the team win… Johnson is just there to cash checks and Lewis knows it.

14. edgarh21 says: Mar 22, 2011 3:51 PM

Chad is Chad and will always be Chad, that said.

I’m getting sick and tired of Marvin Lewis too putting up this front as the “oh im the better of the 2″. No both you and Chad are a pair of clows. Marvin should have lost his job a long time ago, but his owner is too cheap to get rid of him. The organization has to start of fresh and the only way to kill the diesies is to go straight for the head. In this case all of Marvin (Sucks at coaching) Chad (Too much drama now) Carson (Overrated, Over the hill who cant make the easy throws even when not under pressure. SOme of those JAMARCUS could make…ok maybe not all lol…but still )

15. pftdabomb says: Mar 22, 2011 3:51 PM

I think it comes down to how the two handle themselves. Im sure Marvin was as disappointed in Chad when he made his trade demands as when Carson made his recently. Since Carson made his stance known, he has said nothing publicly about the situation (yes there has been, “People close to Carson say….” but nothing from him). After Chad said once he wanted to be traded, we heard it everywhere from him. Non stop. Even if he sometimes did not say it directly, he was on TV talking about it and letting it be know how much he would like to go here or there. Carson, weather or not you like the fact he made the demand (I have been critical against Carson and his Trade me or Ill retire bit), has to himself about the whole thing. He is not polluting the air waves with his trade me rhetoric. This also does not give Marvin any ammo to fire at Carson. I almost guarantee if Carson proceeded like Chad did previously he would be going after him as well. Its like dealing with an Adult vs. a Adolescent. I do wish Marvin would not be so public about his disappointed with Chad. he is a coach and should be taking the higher ground.

Id like nothing more to see Chad and Carson, together, in 2006 form. But its not going to happen.

16. peytonwantsaflag says: Mar 22, 2011 3:52 PM

I gotta quote for you – it’s from a somewhat smaller (if you believe the rumors) blog called White Sports online.

“Seriously?”

17. daytonaken says: Mar 22, 2011 3:54 PM

Yes the Bengals played poorly last season. Yes Carson Palmer played poorly. Yes Ochocinco played poorly, but Carson Palmer acted like a blithering fool. Everyday Chad looks more stupid and less like a desirable teammate.

18. edgarh21 says: Mar 22, 2011 3:55 PM

ALL 3 suck, must go. Simple as that…GET THEM OUT!

19. 11inthebox says: Mar 22, 2011 3:57 PM

@ iggles07 who says:

————————-
    uh, dude. Nobody said anything about race. No one even implied it (‘blaitantly) or otherwise. Not Lewis, not Ochocinco, or Palmer. Only you. You’re the only one.

Now relax. But before you do, could you please tell me what a “race card” is?

20. vbe2 says: Mar 22, 2011 3:58 PM

Maybe it’s because Palmer is a class act while Chad Johnson is a self promoting jackass.

The NFL would be better off without Johnson.

21. thesmiteofthewicked says: Mar 22, 2011 4:04 PM

This really is absurd.

Palmer has been an average to below average QB since 2007, yet no one calls him out for it.

He acts as if the Bengals have done him so horribly wrong, when in reality, he’s been one of the biggest reasons they’ve failed in recent years.

22. zaggs says: Mar 22, 2011 4:07 PM

Maybe the difference is Palmer has made his intentions crystal clear and its not about creating a bigger name for himself, he just wants out. Chad, its always about putting his name out there.

23. stevincinci says: Mar 22, 2011 4:07 PM

Chad has put up good numbers for the Bengals through the years but his time in Cincy is done. Doubt if he can make 6.5 million anywhere else though. He will be a starter still, somewhere. Still good for a thousand yards and 5 or 6 td’s.

24. wiley16350 says: Mar 22, 2011 4:09 PM

Well at least nobody can call racism in this situation. You know if it was a white coach then racism would definitely be cried. Apparently Lewis just likes Palmer more than he likes Ocho. I could be wrong but I believe Ocho has made negative comments specifically about Lewis, where Palmer has only made broad statements about the organization as a whole. So maybe this is why Lewis attacks Ocho.

25. favrefan says: Mar 22, 2011 4:11 PM

Chad Ochostinko the ultimate loser

26. ragujar says: Mar 22, 2011 4:13 PM

Let’s give Marvin credit for knowing what’s been going on in-house all along. We’re not comparing apples to apples here.

Ocho has been a problem for Marvin in more ways than just wanting to leave for more money.

By all accounts, Palmer has been a good soldier until this point where he wants out and it has nothing to do with money.

27. RussianBreadMaker says: Mar 22, 2011 4:13 PM

It’s amazing that Chad Johnson still runs his mouth at his age. When is maturity going to kick in for this fool?

28. hokiez says: Mar 22, 2011 4:15 PM

!Ochenta y cinco es certo, como siempre!

29. stevincinci says: Mar 22, 2011 4:27 PM

@hobartbaker

If Marvin is prejudiced, does that mean he favors white guys over blacks? Last time I checked, he’s black.

30. whodeykid58 says: Mar 22, 2011 4:28 PM

For the love of God Ocho stop crying about it……Marvin is probably just as mad and fed up with Carson as he is with you, but you know who isn’t….Mike Brown. Since Brown writes the checks Marvin will say whatever Mikey lets him say.

31. cdwains says: Mar 22, 2011 4:33 PM

I’m just waiting for some one to play the Race Card. I can hear it now Marvin Lewis is a racist because he prefers to keep his white QB happy over is Black WR.

32. hitdog042 says: Mar 22, 2011 4:40 PM

whoever said race is a factor needs to check the skin color of Marvin Lewis.

Idiots.

Yeah, Marvin, an african american, hates african americans.

The idiocy on here never ceases to amaze me.

The difference is Carson has never embarrassed the Bengals like Chad has. Carson has never come out in a gold HOF replica jacket. Carson has never come to blow with coaches. Carson has never gone to the media about his “demands”.

Carson doesn’t have a talk show with 100 viewers ripping his head coach.

Yeah, this is a real tricky one guys.

33. pftard says: Mar 22, 2011 4:43 PM

The difference is that Carson Palmer hasn’t been going to every media outlet bitching, crying and complaining. As a matter of fact., I don’t know if he’s made any public statements. The only reference to this is ‘inside sources say’ that Carson wants out of Cincy (who can blame him?) When Ocho wanted out, it was an all-out campaign. It’s very insulting to the fans and teammates, but moreso to the person cutting the checks that make you a multi-millionairre.

34. whatswiththehate says: Mar 22, 2011 4:57 PM

Ocho is right…I’ve been wondering the same thing with not only the coach but the sports media.

I guess Mavin is afraid if he criticizes Marvin in public the media will turn on him. He already knows how the media feels about ocho and is simply playing into their hands.

There will always be those who follow the crowd. At least in the preception of a person.

35. juancorsair says: Mar 22, 2011 4:57 PM

11inthebox says:
    Now relax. But before you do, could you please tell me what a “race card” is?

The Race Card (n): A widely used expression generally used to descibe false declarations of racism when a black man either disagrees with a white man, or wants to gain sympathy from the public by alleging racist attitudes on the part of whites. The Race Card is usually “played” during a debate like a Trump card in a game of euchre, but is much less effective since being constantly overplayed in modern times. Some studies seem to indicate this practice has been detrimental in identifying instances of real discrimination by causing people to react as the same way as the village did in the classic story “The Boy Who Cried Wolf” (see Sharpton, Al and Brawley, Tawana).

36. realitypolice says: Mar 22, 2011 5:09 PM

I marvel at the irony of Ocho Cinco complaining about Lewis treating him differently by retweeting a post that calls Lewis a kiss ass and a hypocrite.

I don’t remember Carson Palmer getting personal.

37. olskool711 says: Mar 22, 2011 5:09 PM

He probably went to Duke.

sincerely,
    Jalen

38. realkelevra says: Mar 22, 2011 5:11 PM

Where to begin with this one…

1)Why Lewis got an extension is beyond me, his track record of signing convicts and putting together underachieving teams speaks for itself

but, in lieu of that

2)Why is he a hypocrite because he thinks you…Chad JOHNSON, are a moron. If that’s the case, being hypocrisy is the world’s largest religion. I’m guessing you aren’t clear on what a hypocrite is.

3)I can’t have anything bad to say about a guy that says he’s done playing in a disorganized, sloppy mess of a franchise, and has the conviction to retire if that is his only option.

4)What makes you think that soccer is so easy that an advanced 30 yr old who’s never played the sport can just pop in and excel at it. I can’t get into the sport, but I do recognize the condition these guys 10 yrs younger are in to play the sport.

5)I don’t see the giant leap to him favoring Palmer just because he thinks(see point 2 for clarification) you are a moron.

39. billinva says: Mar 22, 2011 5:15 PM

‘child please

40. whatswiththehate says: Mar 22, 2011 5:18 PM

And just to show you much u folks are quick to show ur bias towads certain folks, Chad never made the comment. He simply responded to something a writer said. I guess he’s wrong for having an OPINION too.

It’s not wonder u supposedly love D. McNabb, so much. The coaches treat him like garbage and he simply takes it and the sports media likes him. But Chad is this and that for speaking his mind and having a view outside of the box.

41. dankinator says: Mar 22, 2011 5:23 PM

Awesome how everyone says they all suck, yet how many of you ever played pro football?

Idiots.

42. bearsrulepackdrool says: Mar 22, 2011 5:37 PM

Ochocinco wonders why Marvin Lewis favors Carson Palmer….

Because he knows if Palmer goes, his job is right behind him.

43. bearsrulepackdrool says: Mar 22, 2011 5:42 PM

SN: All this Ochocinco/Lewis/Palmer madness has me wondering where is the T.O. talk? I woulda thought people would be bashing him by now.

He’s been fairly quiet the past 2 years (compared to the past) and I bet the first time he says something he’s going to be called T.eam O.bliterator.

Funny how that works.

44. xxspartanx109xx says: Mar 22, 2011 5:45 PM

I think that Chad JOHNSON needs to get over himself. His coach was just joking about the whole soccer thing. Chad is the most self-centered guy that I’ve ever seen. He’s like a 16 year old girl, he just stuff to get attention for himself. What do you think that lame Ochocinco crap is about? And the main reason why he keeps doing this stuff is because the public supports it for some reason. Seriously the guy isn’t even that great of a receiver. Carson Palmer had his best football day this year when Terrell Owen and Chad JOHNSON were both injured. And the coach is nicer to Carson because when something happens to Carson he doesn’t go crying to the media.

Chad just needs to grow up, plain and simple!

45. wvuandsteelers says: Mar 22, 2011 9:01 PM

Chad’s just upset because he can’t cry racism. Notice he points to a racist organization as his support. (Before you start giving me thumbs down, do you think I could get away with starting something called White Sports Online?)

46. golonger says: Mar 22, 2011 9:09 PM

Carson Palmer is the real deal……he just needs to get a real team……and get away from that pathetic excuse for a franchise. Marvin Lewis is a coach because he is black……simple as that. He has always sucked……

47. vicksprman says: Mar 22, 2011 9:26 PM

It’s amazing to me how so often white folks use the term race card when they don’t have the first clue. Anyway Carson Palmer retired 3 years ago and is stealing money nobody calls him on it because he’s stealing with class and dignity. In the words of Chad himself. Child Please!!!!!!!!!

48. getweird4u says: Mar 22, 2011 9:39 PM

@razsan
    he went 10-6 in ’09 was coach of the year has been a .500 coach on a team (much as i love them) with an owner who handcuff’s you at every turn. want’s to sign f!@# up’s and has a horrible winning % in the fifteen yrs he’s been runnin the show yet……marvin comes to town and they have made the playoff’s twice in his time here,please see the 90’s if you have any questions hope i could clear that up 4 you.Oh and bye the way carson is a bi*%h!

49. huddyk says: Mar 22, 2011 9:54 PM

I am guessing Carson wants to leave so he doesn’t have to hear your blah blah f#$#ing blah anymore. I would cut my eyeballs out if I had to be in a huddle with 85. Just like I once said to your friend TO…shut up and play beeeeatttttchhhhhhh

50. huddyk says: Mar 22, 2011 9:54 PM

51. enders9 says: Mar 23, 2011 7:53 AM

thereisalwaysnextyear says: Mar 22, 2011 3:36 PM

Ocho, you are a loudmouth me first guy. And that’s just to start.

——————————–

The point. You missed it.

52. enders9 says: Mar 23, 2011 7:56 AM

iggles07 says: Mar 22, 2011 3:40 PM

————————

I don’t see Chad implying this has anything to do with race.

53. enders9 says: Mar 23, 2011 8:02 AM

realitypolice says: Mar 22, 2011 5:09 PM

I don’t remember Carson Palmer getting personal.

————————–

Chad wasn’t the first to get personal with Marvin. Marvin has been taking person jabs at Chad for months now.

54. enders9 says: Mar 23, 2011 8:05 AM

realkelevra says: Mar 22, 2011 5:11 PM

Where to begin with this one…

but, in lieu of that

————————————

3) Yet you are on here talking crap on Chad, who also tried unsuccessfully to get off the disorganized, sloppy mess of a franchise. You are exactly the people Chad are talking about when he says hypocrite. Chad threatens to leave, everyone crucifies him. Carson threatens to leave, everyone continues to defend him.

4) He’s played a ton of soccer his entire life, not at a professional level, but he has still played.

55. huskerguy says: Mar 23, 2011 8:11 AM

@Ochostinco

Hello pot… meet kettle.

56. enders9 says: Mar 23, 2011 8:11 AM

xxspartanx109xx says: Mar 22, 2011 5:45 PM

Chad just needs to grow up, plain and simple!

————————————

Did you even read what Marvin said? Or all the other crap Marvin has been saying about Chad? He was not joking. Marvin has been taking unprovoked shots at Chad for months.

Carson has his best football day without Chad and TO….. against a defense that didn’t even look like it was trying. He then followed that game up with another classic Palmer game. Throwing easy interceptions, and over throwing someone who was wide open (and only like 5 yards in front of Carson) who could have walked into the endzone for the game winning TD.

57. enders9 says: Mar 23, 2011 8:15 AM

wvuandsteelers says: Mar 22, 2011 9:01 PM

——————————-

Yes, Black Sports Online is crying racism on a black player from A BLACK HEAD COACH. You’re not very bright are you?

And just because they are called Black Sports Online, that doesn’t automatically make them racist.