Dez Bryant says trespass warning wasn’t directed at him

Dez Bryant AP

In response to a Tuesday report from WFAA in Dallas, Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant disputes the notion that he received a criminal trespass warning from an off-duty police officer for wearing his pants too low at a local mall.

It really wasn’t me in the wrong,” Bryant told Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com.  “It’s not even an issue.”

Per Watkins, Bryant says his pants were up.  Bryant claims his friends were wearing their pants low.

Also, Bryant’s adviser says that Bryant hasn’t been banned from the mall for three months.  “That’s not true,” David Wells said.  “I was there; it didn’t happen.”

“I told the guy I’m not trying to get in trouble,” Bryant said. “I’m not trying to destroy my image.  The [warning] wasn’t toward me. I was trying to figure out what was going on. It was a big misunderstanding. I was the wrong guy.”

Bryant, who according to the police report has a history of incidents at the NorthPark Center, said last night on his Twitter page that he’s “Headed to North Park tomorrow to get these Lebrons….I am not banned from North park lol.”

If he truly is and if he truly shows up there on Wednesday, things could get interesting.

Permalink 36 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
36 Responses to “Dez Bryant says trespass warning wasn’t directed at him”
  1. nyctexan says: Mar 23, 2011 8:44 AM

I’ve yet to hear of Dez doing anything illegal whenever he seems to get into “trouble.” But I’m sure here come the haters…

2. canadianvikingfaniii says: Mar 23, 2011 8:48 AM

This has to be one of the lamest stories yet..

3. dexterismyhero says: Mar 23, 2011 8:50 AM

Dez, just stay at home and quit trying to hook up with Mall chicks.

Next time I hope Blart tassers your your dumb arse along with your “pants on the ground” posse.

4. juancorsair says: Mar 23, 2011 8:50 AM

As it turns out, it was Mark Sanchez who was cited after dressing down for a mall date with his girlfriend. Dez just agreed to be his wingman.

5. earlcampbellrules says: Mar 23, 2011 8:52 AM

I guess the dude really likes to hang at the mall. You would think being a millionaire in his twenties he would have better things to do than go to the mall. I haven’t hung at the mall since sixth grade. Grow up already.

6. chapnastier says: Mar 23, 2011 8:53 AM

As a Cowboys fan I will admit that I would like to take him at his word. But what grown man hangs out at the mall? Further more, what grown man hangs out with a little clique at the mall? Lastly what kind of grown man even has to get into a discussion about his pants being sagged? Sorry Dez but you are a professional athlete millionaire. Drop your hood friends and act like an adult.

7. paul82461 says: Mar 23, 2011 9:01 AM

Guess he’s never heard of guilty by association. So now he wants to go back to the scene of the crime (NORTH PARK) to stir up more trouble. Just stay home DEZ, so far we like you.

8. wryly1 says: Mar 23, 2011 9:06 AM

Dear Dez:

Hanging out at a mall where there’s been numerous incidents local law enforcement is concerned about is neither a wise decision nor the best use of your free time.

9. karlpilkington says: Mar 23, 2011 9:09 AM

LIAR LIAR, WEAR YOUR PANTS HIGHER !!

ahem, Thank You.

10. ndgarretjax says: Mar 23, 2011 9:10 AM

wake me up when an NFL player, or when many other guilty persons, take admit their wrongdoings.

On a side note, this is such a dumb story

11. ndgarretjax says: Mar 23, 2011 9:30 AM

UPDATE: Dez Bryant said in a statement: “I was only trying to be like Larry Platt!!”

12. twlaux says: Mar 23, 2011 9:33 AM

Trust me! This is just the first of many to come for off the field issues with dez……

13. fordwuzanazi says: Mar 23, 2011 9:36 AM

We don’t take kindly to “hip-hop culture” in Texas. If you want to wear what you want, the way you want, go to Austin or in the ghettos of Dallas and Houston. Land of the free, huh? As long as you look, act, and value the culture of normative whiteness you can be free. Zoot Suit Riot anyone? Hate away NBC sports conservatives.

14. danimalk82 says: Mar 23, 2011 9:39 AM

Reading stories like these make me proud to be a Packer fan. My team will never draft a hood rat in the 1st round.

Its obvious this guy’s career is not going to end well.

15. reallionnaire says: Mar 23, 2011 9:42 AM

You’re a COWBOY ?NOW Dez….Get Brother Lebron to send you a few pair…and don’t get in any trouble bruh…..spend that money and stay in good shape.!

16. therocksays7 says: Mar 23, 2011 9:47 AM

Must be a slow news day Florio

17. oldhamletman says: Mar 23, 2011 9:48 AM

in the NFL, it’s always somebody else’s fault…..

18. kevinfromphilly says: Mar 23, 2011 9:48 AM

Last time I heard a story about 20 year olds getting in trouble at the mall, it starred Molly Ringwald.

P.S. Yeah, I know – I’m freakin’ old.

19. tinbender2000 says: Mar 23, 2011 10:29 AM

If this clowns wonderlic score was above zero he cheated.

20. abninf says: Mar 23, 2011 10:38 AM

chapnastier says: Mar 23, 2011 8:53 AM

————————————————–

Technically, 22 is a grown man. In reality most 22 year olds today are still kids with their underwear hanging out while cruising the local mall.

21. burntorangehorn says: Mar 23, 2011 10:50 AM

La Fours planted the sagging pants on Dez and his posse to stop him from ruining the game show.

22. waitingguilty says: Mar 23, 2011 11:07 AM

The next time Dez Bryant takes personal responsibility for something will be the first time Dez Bryant has taken personal responsibility for something.

23. Slackmo says: Mar 23, 2011 11:27 AM

If the pants don’t fit, you must acquit!

24. JSpicoli says: Mar 23, 2011 11:54 AM

Another loser NFL player with no brain.

25. thefiesty1 says: Mar 23, 2011 11:57 AM

Pull your pants up, Jackass. Dress like a human being. No class whatsoever.

26. trajanthe1st says: Mar 23, 2011 12:18 PM

Dez Bryant is typical Dallas receiver. He learned all he knows from his idol, Michael Irvin. Dez learned that rules are for everybody else from Michael Irvin.

The news cast also pointed that Dez Bryant has a history of bad behavior at North Park mall. Jerry Jones should be beaming with pride.

27. arzcardinals says: Mar 23, 2011 12:19 PM

This will be just one of the many stories of Dez Bryant off the field.

…he’s a bomb just waiting to explode.

Everyone betting on Dez Bryant never seeing the inside of a prison please raise your hand…

Odds of Dez going to jail

Under 2 days EVEN
    OVER 2 days +165

28. 706vet says: Mar 23, 2011 1:02 PM

The next time you see a punk walking around the mall with his pants down his ass I might be the “weird” guy laughing loudly out loud.

29. georgiavol91 says: Mar 23, 2011 1:06 PM

Remember how the NFLPA says players want to “be partners” with the owners?

I can’t see this idiot wearing a business suit in a Board Room being a “partner”. And Dez is representative of a significant percentage of NFL players.

30. penguininbondage says: Mar 23, 2011 1:11 PM

Having his pants that low shows he was trolling for dick.

31. packerswambulance says: Mar 23, 2011 1:32 PM

Going to the mall and getting into trouble? Really? I was not the guy? Wait till you get into a situation where you really were not the bad guy and you’ve already used that excuse ON A TRIP TO THE MALL!!! Dolt…

32. dfwxpress says: Mar 23, 2011 1:39 PM

33. billygoat says: Mar 23, 2011 2:53 PM

Sagging pants started in prison. It was to let other imates know that you were available and you wanted their meat stick.

I bet if half the people who wear their pants sagging knew that, they would buy a belt.

34. hokiez says: Mar 23, 2011 4:10 PM

Headin’ on down to North Park
    Gonna see if I can’t unwind (my belt)

35. 52crabcakes says: Mar 23, 2011 6:07 PM

Get an Obama-belt! Please!

36. macjacmccoy says: Mar 24, 2011 5:42 AM

The guy just cant help himself. He is obviously a compulsive liar.