McCoy’s brother responds to report of autograph session no-show

Wild Card Playoffs - Green Bay Packers v Philadelphia Eagles Getty Images

Paul Domowitch of the Philadelphia Daily News tried to get the other side of the story before publishing his story regarding the failure of Eagles running back LeSean McCoy to show up for a paid autograph session.  Now that the story has been published, the other side of the story is emerging.

McCoy’s brother, LeRon, told Domowitch that the advance paid to LeSean is “ready to be returned.”  LeRon McCoy said they delayed refunding the money because they feared that Bentley’s, the restaurant and nightclub that organized the event, would sue in an effort to “get more money than they sent. . . .  [W]e also think [LeSean's] April 2 appearance [at another Wilkes-Barre area location] helped prompt this attack, seeing as how we are dealing with competition.”

LeRon McCoy had more to say.  But none of it changes the fact that LeSean failed to show up.  Even though the advance is being returned, Bentley’s can still sue for any damages suffered by McCoy’s failure to perform his duties under the arrangement.

Permalink 37 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
37 Responses to “McCoy’s brother responds to report of autograph session no-show”
  1. berniemadoffsides says: Mar 25, 2011 9:33 PM

Well then – all is forgiven! lol

2. berniemadoffsides says: Mar 25, 2011 9:35 PM

By the way, looking forward to Part 3: “Shady” does signing for free.

I guarantee it happens. At least give me credit when it does, Mikey!

3. hobartbaker says: Mar 25, 2011 9:36 PM

McCoys heard they was some Hatfields in the building and feared ambush.

4. realitypolice says: Mar 25, 2011 9:38 PM

If anyone is wondering why NFL players are so egotistical and arrogant, maybe the fact that fans will still wait hours and hours for a worthless autograph and 5 seconds of their time in the middle of a contract dispute will offer a clue.

5. hobartbaker says: Mar 25, 2011 9:38 PM

LeRon and LeSean perpetrate LeScam.

6. realitypolice says: Mar 25, 2011 9:41 PM

hobartbaker says:
    Mar 25, 2011 9:36 PM
    McCoys heard they was some Hatfields in the building and feared ambush.

=========================

Well played, sir.

7. ar1888 says: Mar 25, 2011 9:42 PM

Why is this news? I have been to several autograph signings over the years where the athlete was a no call no show. I dont ever remember reading about any of those.

8. jw731 says: Mar 25, 2011 9:43 PM

———————————————-
    Attack?…..hell, they paid him to show up and he didn’t..What attack? Maybe LeRon should take a LeCourse in LeBusiness…

9. berniemadoffsides says: Mar 25, 2011 9:45 PM

Reflects well on the NFLPA, by the way. They care about the fans…. clearly.

10. alkscout says: Mar 25, 2011 9:51 PM

LeSean McCoy has not shown up for a number of signings in the Philadelphia area since he was drafted. He snuffed BC Collectibles twice and was late for a third, after which he acted like a complete jerk and then left early.

He was then late to the store in Springfield Mall in Delaware County (I believe it’s called Fan’s Edge) which is funny because Dave Spadaro that works for the Eagles is part owner of the place. According to their employees, he was also a jerkoff there too.

I love the kid on the field, but apparently he’s got a lot to learn.

11. p4ck3r5 says: Mar 25, 2011 9:51 PM

reminds me of vick cancellations..Go team!

12. alkscout says: Mar 25, 2011 9:52 PM

13. irchs1963 says: Mar 25, 2011 10:02 PM

LeSean, a man is only as good as his word…. It will take a lot of PR on your part to rectify the perception you have created by failing to fulfill your commitment.

14. bucks12965 says: Mar 25, 2011 10:02 PM

Gotta be something wrong with him to miss a trip to Wilkes-Barre! Heyna or no?

15. jsarge99 says: Mar 25, 2011 10:03 PM

@hobartbaker I wanted to make the first lesomething joke but I couldn’t come up with any.

16. robertallen1958 says: Mar 25, 2011 10:04 PM

overpaid, under worked, arrogant, ignorant, under educated, spoiled, lazy, stupid, selfish. did I leave anything out?

17. sabeybaby says: Mar 25, 2011 10:08 PM

It really is amazing. There is always someone with a positive spin whenever a slave screws up.

18. realitypolice says: Mar 25, 2011 10:14 PM

The only that can be ascertained from that rambling statement is that LeSean desperately needs better representation than his brother is capable of providing.

19. indyeagle says: Mar 25, 2011 10:21 PM

This would be the main reason you hire a professional agent or publicist to handle these types of events. Your brother shouldn’t be on the payroll for anything more than being your driver.

20. descendency says: Mar 25, 2011 10:34 PM

He probably heard Brandon Meriweather was in the area and was afraid he’d try to shoot his brother and hit him.

21. Tim says: Mar 25, 2011 10:48 PM

I’m originally from Wilkes-Barre and I don’t blame him one bit. I never want to go back there.

22. mick730 says: Mar 25, 2011 11:56 PM

“And for the record … I couldn’t care less about autographs. If you’re going to stand in line for a 23 year old’s autograph I think that’s weird to begin with, so I have no agenda.”

I nominate the above for post of the week!

I stopped having football players as my heroes when I turned 13. Now I just look at them the same way I used to look at those plastic guys on the electric vibrating football game I had as a kid. Once the game is over, they’re back on the shelf until the next game. As an adult I would feel ridicuous asking one of these guys for his autograph. That might be an understatement!

23. thefiesty1 says: Mar 26, 2011 12:03 AM

You mean he was getting paid just to show up for an autograph session set up by his brother. What’s this world coming to?

These POOR players! Jeeeeesh.

24. johnnyoclock says: Mar 26, 2011 12:15 AM

It’s amazing how dumb these athletes really are. How many times do they have it pounded into their head to never ever do business association no matter how minor with friends or family in any capacity. And, what do they do?

First glance at this I was figuring it’s probably no big deal, it’s overblown, will be rescheduled etc; until I got to the part where it said it was all set up by his brother.

Then I just started laughing.

Figures.

And we’re supposed to side with them and against the owners? Hey here’s a great idea, Let’s give even more money to the millionaire idiots of society. Nothing bad can possibly happen, right?

25. tinbender2000 says: Mar 26, 2011 1:18 AM

I don’t know who’s the bigger POS, the stupid, ignorant brother, or the moron who hired him to do this job?
    LaSean seems the clear winner here. His brother is just stupid, ignorant and greedy.
    LaSean is stupid, ignorant, greedy, egotistical, arrogant, and no doubt could not pass a 4th grade aptitude test.
    And teachers are taking pay cuts so the ultra rich ( NFL owners included) can have tax breaks. What a country.

26. east96st says: Mar 26, 2011 1:20 AM

berniemadoffsides says: “Reflects well on the NFLPA, by the way. They care about the fans…. clearly.”

As opposed to the owners and the League that just sold tickets to non-existent seats at the Super Bowl. They care about the fans…clearly. An a**hole is an a**hole and both sides are filled with them. Stop pretending there is an “innocent” side in this argument. BTW – if any one wants to claim the fans are “innocent”, think about where that 9 billion they are fighting over comes from and who gave both sides the impression that they’re entitled to it.

27. macjacmccoy says: Mar 26, 2011 4:33 AM

He didnt go to a autograph signing on well. I could care less about this stuff. He isnt raping people (Steelers fans) or shooting people(Patriots Fans) or killing people when hes drunk driving(Ravens,Rams,Patriots fans) or having his pregnant girlfriend killed (Panthers Fans) or at the scene of a murder (Ravens Fans) or shooting his self(Giants Fans) or fighting at scripp clubs(Titans, Cowboys, Bengals Fans) or nearly cutting his wifes head off(Bills Fans) or Doing Coke (Cowboys Fans) or on a Sex Cruise (Vikings Fans) or flashing and sexually harrassing people (Jets Fans) or doing steroids (Chargers Fans) etc. .

He didnt show up to an signing big deal. Everyone on here acting like they have never not shown up for something is full of it. If thats his biggest problem thank god look at all the other stuff he could be doing. As long as he continues to dominate on the field and avoids becoming part of that list thats all that matters.

We dont pay attention to these guys bc we want them to date our sisters. We pay attention bc we want them to help our teams win. Every fan base has jerk offs on there team that they rout for. And as long as there helping your team win thats all you really care about. So stop acting like there personalities matter b/c you know they dont.

28. Patriot42 says: Mar 26, 2011 8:13 AM

Why do fans believe if they get an autograph that it really means something? People are so eager to have a hero when those that they hoist up on their throne believes the fans are idiots.

29. elrushbo2 says: Mar 26, 2011 8:34 AM

The restaurant has every right to sue Mr. McCoy to recover expenses they incurred as a result of his “no show”. The fans who were there deserved to get the worthless autograph they wanted. You have to wonder why he would even agree to show up for a mere $5000 anyway. And the players expect the average fan to be on their side COME ON MAN!!!!

30. vetdana says: Mar 26, 2011 8:34 AM

Why do fans take such a beating ? This autograph line would have been the last place on earth that I would have wanted to attend

31. tim1999 says: Mar 26, 2011 8:56 AM

A LeSean McCoy autograph – X
    Priceless!

32. sufferingbirdsfan says: Mar 26, 2011 9:54 AM

It seems to me that LeSean’s brother is a bit of an amateur as any sort of manager but other than that this isn’t much of a story. I know it’s a little slow on the beat Domo but you’re really reaching here. This is certainly not on par with “Superbowl Seatgate”. Move on.

33. paul82461 says: Mar 26, 2011 10:32 AM

What do you mean “its ready to be returned?”
    McCoy your a McIdiot. Did you need $5000 that much? You just cant do what you want without suffering repercussions.

34. CKL says: Mar 26, 2011 10:38 AM

indyeagle says: Mar 25, 2011 10:21 PM

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
    Pretty much anyone with the financial ability to do so hires useless family members/friends to do questionable jobs or to do real jobs questionably because they aren’t qualified which is why I would hope that if the players do see the owners’ books they wouldn’t dream of whining about some owner’s kid being on the payroll as the “official wine taster of the_____ team”.

I would guess a fair amount of any autograph event is made up of people who are going to sell them via e-bay etc.
    But yeah…last time I got someone’s autograph I was about 14. I would rather have a picture with someone I admired than an autograph.

35. nickynick04 says: Mar 26, 2011 11:08 AM

This is why I side with the owners !
    Like Mike McCarthy of the Packers constantly states……….. “It is how you handle success “…
    McCoy you are an idiot in my eyes, and it is a player like you that sets back athletes, mindsets of players back 30 yrs…..some ” Folk ” you just cant give money and a brief period of limelight and success to . it appears you are from that mold……….
    autographs, I do not get it….
    The Eagles will never win a Super bowl with players of this charactor ! period !

36. cowboy88 says: Mar 26, 2011 11:47 AM

It was the owners’ fault!

37. jroman11 says: Mar 26, 2011 1:05 PM

This is why I side with the owners !
    autographs, I do not get it….
    ———————————————————–
    @nickynick04 – Before you start quoting Mike McCarthy and lecturing fans of other NFL teams on how their players should act, please read this story about one of your beloved packers, Johnny Jolly. He was just arrested on drug charges.
    Have a great day!