Oklahoma State will look into Dez Bryant transgressions

D. Bryant

Dez Bryant’s adviser believes that Bryant didn’t break any NCAA rules when he accepted large amounts of expensive jewelry when he was at the Oklahoma State.

The University is going to look into the matter to make sure.

Kevin Fite, the OSU’s associate athletic director for compliance, told the Tulsa World that the school “will attempt to determine” whether Bryant violated NCAA rules and ruined his amateur status in 2009.

“The first I heard of it was when you guys heard of it [this week],” coach Mike Gundy said. “Those issues are very delicate and they’re hard to speak to . . . When it hit our office, it was news to everybody on our floor.  . . . It saddens me that [Bryant] is in that situation.”

If Oklahoma State can prove they didn’t know about Bryant’s dealings, they probably wouldn’t be punished by the NCAA.   Gundy still remembers the good time

“It was high-maintenance with Dez toward the end, but the issues we had the first couple of years were very minor,” Gundy said. “I have more memories of what he did [on the field] . . . all the plays that he made.”

Permalink 23 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Draft, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
23 Responses to “Oklahoma State will look into Dez Bryant transgressions”
  1. nyctexan says: Mar 31, 2011 12:46 PM

Well it appears the media has found its new Barry Bonds, Kobe, Tiger, Clemens, etc etc…

2. sagnam says: Mar 31, 2011 12:48 PM

I’m sure nobody saw him suddenly walking around in $200k worth of jewelry.

3. getweird4u says: Mar 31, 2011 12:49 PM

This guy has what 20 million in the bank,walks around some dallas area mall enough to be kicked out on several occasions for wearing his”PANTS ON THE GROUND” dude grow the hell up!How did the bengals pass on you,you fit our profile of chromagnum men so well.Oh well i guess we can draft nic fairley hes a terd too!

4. wtfru2 says: Mar 31, 2011 12:52 PM

Oh yea, they’re all innocent. Not one of these spoiled brats has taken a thing. “I just found out”.

If you don’t believe me just ask the NCAA.

What a joke!

Do they think we are all stupid?

5. sunnyd89 says: Mar 31, 2011 12:56 PM

Another extraordinary talent that is a complete head case

6. bengalanthony13 says: Mar 31, 2011 12:58 PM

“The first I heard of it was when you guys heard of it [this week],” coach Mike Gundy said. “Those issues are very delicate and they’re hard to speak to . . . When it hit our office, it was news to everybody on our floor. . . . It saddens me that [Bryant] is in that situation.”

Gundy continued: “It really is sad that you guys are all going after Dez. It’s garbage! He’s just a kid. You want to come after someone?! Come after me! I’m a man! I’m 40!”

7. richgannon says: Mar 31, 2011 1:02 PM

Its too bad because he is such a talent, if he keeps it up his transgressions are going to out shadow what could be a stellar career.

8. saberstud75 says: Mar 31, 2011 1:03 PM

I am just curious as to which of Dez’s family members is serving as his advisor. Obviously Dez and his advisor are from the same shallow-ass gene pool.

9. Deb says: Mar 31, 2011 1:05 PM

ROFL … I’ll bet Dez wishes now he’d just pulled up his pants and kept a low profile.

10. vdaigglesfan says: Mar 31, 2011 1:07 PM

So Dez walks around OK with $750K in bling and no one axes “Say Dez, howd ya get all dat bling.” Those OSU cowboys are like the brokeback cowboys, don’t ask, don’t tell.

11. nashmax says: Mar 31, 2011 1:09 PM

Mike Gundy also had this to say…

“I’M A MAN! I’M FORTY! YOU WANNA COME AFTER SOMEONE – COME AFTER ME!”

12. Kave Krew says: Mar 31, 2011 1:10 PM

Gundy is quite a MAN……..he exudes AUTHORITY…..what is he about – FORTY or so??? He’s no KID i tell ya….he sure seems to welcoming people coming after him…..seems like he wants to puke after hearing this Dez Bryant story!

13. oumoonunit says: Mar 31, 2011 1:16 PM

Didn’t Talib and his mother shot someone? Where is the real news? Is their some kind of lockout going on now that doesn’t allow any real news to be reported on? I just climbed out from under a rock, and I can’t understand how this is relevant to pro football. Why are we talking about it?

14. shaggytoodle says: Mar 31, 2011 1:17 PM

Is coach Gundy still a man?

15. tdk24 says: Mar 31, 2011 1:34 PM

Guilty.

16. vdaigglesfan says: Mar 31, 2011 1:41 PM

“Ruined his amateur status”? You can tell this guy has been a professional knucklehead all his life.

17. profootballwalk says: Mar 31, 2011 2:23 PM

When Marcus Camby was walking around the UMASS campus with gold chains around his neck that would pull down a mule, John Calipari saw nothing.

18. hobartbaker says: Mar 31, 2011 3:24 PM

Hey this is just like Cam Newton.

19. thefiesty1 says: Mar 31, 2011 3:29 PM

Dez is addicted to BLING. It must be like a drug for him. Okie State should look into the situation when he was there. I’m 40, I’m a man better look into all possible infractions with this guy.

20. russrpm says: Mar 31, 2011 3:33 PM

You begin to wonder if the transactions were presented to Bryant as loans at all. It wouldn’t be the first time that an athlete has been given “gifts” by his advisors or agents, only to find out he was on the hook once the smoke cleared. This practice used to be (and may still be) common in the entertainment industry.

21. dannywoodrow says: Mar 31, 2011 3:40 PM

Terrell Moss…

22. longislandcowboysfan says: Mar 31, 2011 3:42 PM

Why does it matter if he was an amateur if he was suspended for the whole season anyway? What a waste of time.

23. ubummer says: Mar 31, 2011 4:01 PM

OSU: Did you do anything wrong?

Bryant: No.

OSU: Well that wraps that up. Nothing to see here.