Jones-Drew says he’s running again, one month ahead of schedule

Maurice Jones-Drew AP

Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew used his return to radio to update his listeners on his recovery from knee surgery.

“The knee’s doing great,” Jones-Drew said via Tania Ganguli of the Florida Times-Union.  “I’m ahead of schedule . . .  I’ve been meeting with doctors everyday, just been pushing through, working through everything.”

MJD says he’s a month ahead of schedule after post-season surgery for a torn meniscus, which was originally hurt in the preseason last year.  He still finished seventh in the league in yards from scrimmage despite missing the final two games of the season.

Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Jacksonville Jaguars, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
12 Responses to “Jones-Drew says he’s running again, one month ahead of schedule”
  1. cletusvandam says: Apr 6, 2011 1:10 PM

Jay Cutler isn’t impressed

2. plt2006 says: Apr 6, 2011 1:11 PM

Good news. I hope that his prime years aren’t spent toiling in futility the way that Fred Taylor’s were post 1999. Thankfully it looks like the team is on the right track and MJD should get a few playoff runs in the next couple of years.

3. jackfnburton says: Apr 6, 2011 1:31 PM

Not that I don’t believe him, but what else would he say? Everyone’s surgically repaired knee is ALWAYS going great. We’ll find out for sure whenever we get these guys back on the field.

4. bombacim says: Apr 6, 2011 1:34 PM

Really? This bum calls out Cutler a couple months ago for not being tough and he couldn’t play through a meniscus tear when his team was in the playoff hunt. MJD – do yourself a favor and ask yourself who actually cares about a running back with injury problems and a big mouth. There are many of you available to run the ball, willing to take your job you chump.

5. saberstud75 says: Apr 6, 2011 2:33 PM

I used to respect MJD until he took the cheap shot on Cutler, then didn’t own up to it after he found out that it pissed people off. Then we find out that he missed games for the exact same injury that he slammed Cutler for. Just another immature professional athlete.

6. rockinron2 says: Apr 6, 2011 2:47 PM

“Jones-Drew says he’s running again, one month ahead of schedule”

I never knew he stopped running his mouth on twitter.

7. plt2006 says: Apr 6, 2011 2:57 PM

@bombacim

MJD played the first 14 games with the tear in his meniscus, so I’m not sure calling him a bum and saying he isn’t tough is appropriate. Taking him to task for speaking out of turn on Cutler is justified and his handling of that situation was unprofessional. I’m an MJD fan, but I wish he’d lay off twitter some, especially when it comes to offering commentary on other players.

8. littlesparkplug says: Apr 6, 2011 3:27 PM

if del rio listens is it in breach of the rules

9. dgforreal says: Apr 6, 2011 3:31 PM

They should make it league policy that you can’t comment on other players via Twitter, Facebook or other online social avenues.

If you talk trash about a co-worker in the normal world you’ll most likely get dinged for it, so I don’t see why this can’t apply to athletes.

10. dbellina says: Apr 6, 2011 4:00 PM

Jones-Drew is one of the few players I wouldn’t mind seeing as a commentator after his retirement. Unlike a few of the current ones that have no right speaking in front of a camera. (Shannon Sharpe, Troy Aikman, and Terry Bradshaw.)

11. mashoaf says: Apr 6, 2011 4:30 PM

Glad he missed the final two games of the season when his team was on the brink of the playoffs, yet he complains that Cutler should of stuck in the game in the AFC Championship game. I guess that is why one team made the playoffs and the other did not.

12. jaguarsman says: Apr 8, 2011 7:29 AM

Jones Drew played on he’s hurt knee for awhile(Stop hating)Jones Drew just says whats on his mind and puts it out there.There were alot of other people that were talking bad about Cutler.